Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/18-8/24) Disney Infinity Deals and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy includes a free Power Disc Capsule or Album with purchase of a Disney Infinity Starter Pack. PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers are $39.99 each. Save 50% off Bioshock Infinite when purchased with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

18_t.gif
GameStop knocks $5 off $25 iTunes gift cards (Power Up Members only). Save $10 on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Resident Evil Revelations.

kmart.gif
Kmart lists the The Last Of Us and Dualshock 3 controllers for $39.99 each. Buy one, get one 50% off on Disney Infinity figures.

icontarget.gif
Target throws in a $10 gift card with a combined purchase of Splinter Cell Blacklist and a 12 pack of Sunkist. Disney Infinity Cars or Lone Ranger Playsets are $17.49 each, 2 packs of Power Discs are $4.99, Single Characters $12.99, and save 25% off all other Disney Infinity Accessories.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us holds a buy one, get 1 50% off sale on all Disney Infinity items and a buy one, get 1 40% off sale on all 3DS, PS3 and Xbox 360 games (except Infinity and Skylanders). All Disney Infinity Power Packs (coins) are buy 1, get 1 for $1. Additionally, get $10 off w/$100 spent on a TRU credit card for Disney Infinity items. More deals below.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, edison - See original post

iconbestbuy.gif
FREE Power Disc Capsule OR Album with purchase of a Disney Infinity starter pack ($74.99). (A $9.99 value.)

Disney Infinity figures $13.99

Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack $5.99

Disney Infinity Figure 3-Pack $29.99

Disney Infinity Play Set $34.99

Disney Infinity Strategy Guide $19.99

:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller $39.99 (Save $15.00)
(Red, and Urban Camo pictured.)

above credited to bainbridge's stache on Blu-ray.com

Thanks to MidnightMetal for the following additions, some of which are unadvertised:

:psp: PS Vita $199.99
:psp: Save $10 on 1 year Playstation Plus with purchase of a PS Vita
:ps3: 12Gb PS3 System>>>$199.99
*Purchase 12Gb PS3 and The Last of Us and get Uncharted 3 GOTY for FREE ($39.99 Value)
:360: :ps3: Save 50% off Bioshock Infinite when purchased with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
:360: Save $20 on 12-Month Xbox Live with purchase of ANY Xbox 360

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/20

18_t.gif
$5 Off $25 iTunes Gift Cards (Rewards Members Only)
18_t.gif
Online coupon codes:

• GUST15 - $15 off orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $59.99 or more.
  • GUST5 - $5 off orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $25 or more.
:3ds: :wiiu: $10 off Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
:360: :ps3: :wiiu: $10 off Resident Evil Revelations

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, MasterX - See original post

:ps3: The Last Of US $39.99
:ps3: PS3 Controller $39.99
kmart.gif
Buy one get one 50% off on Disney Infinity figures
:ps3: 12GB PS3 $199.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See original post

:psp: Playstation Vita $199.99, regularly $249.99-$299.99

:360: :ps3: Splinter Cell Blacklist $59.99
Buy the game and a 12 pk of Sunkist, receive a $10 gift card. Only at
icontarget.gif
: Special Amber Goggles unlockable on select Sunkist packages

:360: :ps3: :wii: :wiiu: :3ds: Disney Infinity $74.99
-Cars or Lone Ranger Playsets $17.49, regularly $34.99
-2 pk Power Discs $4.99
-Single Characters $12.99
-Save 25% off all other Disney Infinity Accessories

Source

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, FrontBurnrhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=359308 - See post here
icontoysrus_r1.gif
BOGO 40% off on all 3DS, PS3 and Xbox 360 games (Excludes Infinity and Skylanders due to below offers)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Disney Infinity BOGO 50% off on all Disney Infinity items
icontoysrus_r1.gif
B1G1 for $1 On All Disney Infinity Power Packs (coins)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Additional $10 off w/$100 spent on TRU credit card for Disney Infinity
icontoysrus_r1.gif
BOGO 60% off all Skylanders Figures and Accessories
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Save $20 Skylanders Giants Start Packs ($39.99)
:360: Save $50 X360 4GB Console w/Kinect
:360: Save $50 X360 250GB
:3ds: Buy a 3DS/3DSXL get Kid Icarus or Star Fox 64 3D free

Online Only:
:360: :ps3: Pre-order Diablo 3 for $44.99 (Through September 7th)

Last edited by a moderator:
...I work at Target and our Sony vendor took the PS3 display and the Vita display a couple days ago.. So possibly that bundle deal is real.
The one near me also had their PS demo stations removed by a PS rep this week. I wonder what's going on.

I'll be in at least for the Cars Infinity pack. Already have the Lone Ranger set on order through Best Buy. I doubt they'll last too long at half off their ridiculous retail price.

Edit: It's still upsetting to me that they missed so many (all) of the classics. This would have sold ridiculously well with the Disney Princesses/Lion King/Aladdin/Little Mermaid etc...seems like such a missed opportunity. Maybe for the sequel I guess.

I'm also confused as to why they'd release the Toy Story characters in wave 2 instead of the first. They're obviously the biggest names in the game. I guess to keep the hype up and the product moving.

I am going to be all over the Infinity playsets for half off. Hopefully I can PM at TRU and combiner it with their 20% off Infinity coupon on their website.

They still have pre order cards out for Infinity, and you get a free pack of power discs  if you pick it up  at release. I think you get the $5 gift card too.

I was giving serious thought in getting the Infinity game set and all.  However it's 75 dollars, then characters are $13 or so.  I can see this becoming super expensive super fast.  lol  I would have to get the Cars set for my son, I want the Incredibles characters.  Wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a new system launching so soon.  And GTAV as well.  AND it's the week Splinter Cell drops. 

Disney Infinity Starter Pack $74.99 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS)

*FREE Power Disc Capsule OR Album with purchase of a Disney Infinity starter pack. (A $9.99 value.)

Disney Infinity figures $13.99

Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack $5.99

Disney Infinity Figure 3-Pack $29.99

Disney Infinity Strategy Guide $19.99

PS3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller $39.99 (Save $15.00)

(Red, and Urban Camo pictured.)

Available Tuesday

Splinter Cell Blacklist (360, PS3, Wii U, PC) $59.99

Saints Row IV (360, PS3) $59.99 (PC) $49.99

above credited to bainbridge's stache on Blu-ray.com

MidnightMetal informed me of the following additions, some of which are unadvertised.

PS Vita>>>$199.99

12Gb PS3 System>>>$199.99
      *Purchase 12Gb PS3 and The Last of Us and get Uncharted 3 GOTY for FREE ($39.99 Value)

Save 50% off Bioshock Infinite when purchased with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Save $20 on 12-Month Xbox Live with purchase of ANY Xbox 360
Save $10 on 1 year Playstation Plus with purchase of a PS Vita
*corrected Dualshock 3 price

maybe it will stack with the pink controller, if the coupon is still active by then, and if the pink controller is also on sale.

Great. So it looks like the Disney Infinity things are going to be even more expensive than Skylanders.

maybe it will stack with the pink controller, if the coupon is still active by then, and if the pink controller is also on sale.
It should. The coupons expire 8/31. This would be just like the games that go onsale and use the coupon. You cant PM + coupon, but a Best Buy sale + coupon isnt double dipping. $25 for a pink DS3 would be sweet. I dont think i have seen many DS3 at $30

It should. The coupons expire 8/31. This would be just like the games that go onsale and use the coupon. You cant PM + coupon, but a Best Buy sale + coupon isnt double dipping. $25 for a pink DS3 would be sweet. I dont think i have seen many DS3 at $30
unless you are counting about used controller at amazon warehouse. but new ds3 has never been that low, the lowest price it had been was $34.99. If bestbuy actually let this stack, it would make the $15 unlocked membership fee totally worth it.

Great. So it looks like the Disney Infinity things are going to be even more expensive than Skylanders.
Also, if you are looking to get some, Target has actual deals during the first week. The Lone Ranger and Cars playsets are half-price, and other packs are 25% off.

Nothing that interests me this week. I already have 4 PS3 controllers, so I doubt I need another.

On a somewhat related note, when has Best Buy's express shipping price been raised by such an exorbitant amount? Last month it was around $11 and now it's $21.99! That's freakin' crazy.

Nothing about the New XCOM game?
Same thing I thought when looking. I want to get it pretty close to release if the reviews are okay, but the fact that neither Best Buy or Target mention the game in ads tells me that it will probably sell terribly and the price will drop like a rock.

Hmm... Does this mean the PS Vita is not getting an MSRP drop? Maybe that Target sale during the same week is just a sale by Target.

If Killzone is releasing Sept 10, then there's probably a price cut and even a new model coming out just before that. Weren't they going to release a 4G Vita? Maybe 4G for $250 and Wifi for $200.

This mysterious $50. Must find it.
This sell $50 to make $50 has to be the funniest thing I've read on CAG.

Do I really need another Dual Shock 3? I do if the pending points on my RZ account switch to posted next week, since then I'll have $15 in certs to use on one of those hot pink ones. Then I'll have a blue, a couple reds, a silver, a shitload of black ones and a pink one.;)

Nice price OP but there isn't that killer game on it yet, for me anyway. Where is Valkyria Chronicles 3 or some other must have that pushes me over the edge? :drool:

I`d purchase now but prepared to return/rebuy if a better deal comes. Not sure if target would allow a return if opened though. So price match at Bestbuy and if you're silver that's 60 days to return/rebuy so that get's until early October.
Not anymore. You would have 15 days to match at Best Buy, and that's only if Best Buy has it cheaper.

15 to match, 60 to return. There's a lot of stuff you can return and rebuy or buy new and return using the old receipt.
Okay, misunderstood what he was saying. Wouldn't it still have to be sealed? Buying a new one, and returning with the old receipt wouldn't work because consoles are tracked by serial number.

Disney Infinity Starter Pack $74.99 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS)

Okay... I get the whole charging $13 for the characters thing because you're getting a nice looking little figure, but $35 to unlock levels that are already on the disc is insane. There's no way in hell that it's DLC. Those levels are on the disc. You're paying $75 for an incomplete game, and how many different "play sets" are there? That's....just...wow.

Okay... I get the whole charging $13 for the characters thing because you're getting a nice looking little figure, but $35 to unlock levels that are already on the disc is insane. There's no way in hell that it's DLC. Those levels are on the disc. You're paying $75 for an incomplete game, and how many different "play sets" are there? That's....just...wow.
They are trying to cash in on Skylanders success.

Disney infinity will be a gold mine for the publishers coz of the disney fanbase. Charging 10+ for figures and then random power discs you have to buy separately is just too expensive if you want to have it all to feel the complete experience. Heck, they even plan to do an annual release... Sheesh!

But yeah, planning on skipping this one coz of how much money one has to put down for a sandbox/toybox game.

To bad the three packs aren't on sale as well. I know it says 25% off all other accessories but I wonder what they mean.

I went ahead and preorded at GS to get the free figurine and power pack. I really hope there is a way to tell which power disc your are getting but I highly doubt it.

I'll be PM'ing BB for the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets.

I'll be in at least for the Cars Infinity pack. Already have the Lone Ranger set on order through Best Buy. I doubt they'll last too long at half off their ridiculous retail price.

Edit: It's still upsetting to me that they missed so many (all) of the classics. This would have sold ridiculously well with the Disney Princesses/Lion King/Aladdin/Little Mermaid etc...seems like such a missed opportunity. Maybe for the sequel I guess.

I'm also confused as to why they'd release the Toy Story characters in wave 2 instead of the first. They're obviously the biggest names in the game. I guess to keep the hype up and the product moving.

Just give it time they will hopefully release the ones you are talking about it. It would be dumb of them not to really. This has the potential to be a cash cow for them not couting when they add Marvel and Star Wars to the line up.

Also Wave 2 if you didn't know has been announced with some good ones. I want Rapunzel and Jack the most.

The Toy Story play set – previously revealed as Toy Story In Space is Disney Infinity's sixth play set, and introduces Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie the Cowgirl as playable characters. Buzz and Jessie are rumoured to be included with the play set, with Woody sold separately.

In addition to Toy Story, Disney also announced multiple new characters for use in the game's Toy Box mode, including Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse (Fantasia), Wreck-It-Ralph and Vanellope (Wreck-It-Ralph), Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas), Phineas and Agent P. (Phineas and Ferb), Anna and Elsa (Frozen) and Rapunzel (Tangled).

Smart. Do a handful of return rebuys in a 90 day period and watch as you lose your ability to return anything.
depends on your total purchases +purchase amounts I have made 40+ purchases since 5/16 over $3500 spent. 15 returns no issues. Granted none of them are big ticket items either but worse case have someone else do it 1 time.

Okay, misunderstood what he was saying. Wouldn't it still have to be sealed? Buying a new one, and returning with the old receipt wouldn't work because consoles are tracked by serial number.
you have choices
Return flat out w/o no risk/restock fee just return everything & get the new bundle or just return/rebuy the same system but get the added bonus in that transaction.

So many people missed the BB $190 vita last summer when the $60 GC from the GC wasn't working reps took the $60 right off the $250 price. Not only that BB was giving $28 for mk on vita which GS had for $10 so with just that 1 flip $84($50ish true cost discount) & -$60 that got me a vita at the $150ish price tag.

Disney/skylanders will be bargains once the pokemon ones comes, people will be in line like bf for the ''rare'' ones. Good thing I don't have kids lol they'd get 1 set from me. If they sold some lemonade or something to make so money I'd let them waste their money as a life lesson. But most kid today have no hussle

The Last Of US $39.99

PS3 Controller $39.99

Buy one get one 50% off on Disney Infinity figures

12GB PS3 $199.99

Looks like no SYWR deal with Saints Row or Splinter Cell, just MSRP $59.99

bread's done
Back