Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Xellos2099']I am wondering should I preorder at best buy now or risk waiting and use the $25 gaming coupon at kmart.[/QUOTE]

Both. Lock in your preorder at BB and then just return it if you're able to pick it up at Kmart after all.

GameStops are really telling people they aren't getting any more copies after the original shipment?

Well, I guess I'm not totally shocked GS is lying.

[quote name='genfuyung']I've only come in to this thread a few time and I think it hilarious that the thread started with everyone being like "OMG nintendo is milking teh fanboyz zomg eff them!!11!" to "I'm going to walmart at midnight to make sure I get this game"[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with Kinect ;)
It went from being an "epic fail" to zomg! Amazon has it in stock!!!1!! Go now!!111!!!

[quote name='seanr1221']GameStops are really telling people they aren't getting any more copies after the original shipment?

Well, I guess I'm not totally shocked GS is lying.[/QUOTE]

Thats what they told me. They said only one shipment per store and thats it. They also said the reason they stopped taking preorders is Nintendo went back on the amount they were supposed to be allocated.

Hm, quite a few of the Best Buys in my area are no longer taking pre-orders, at least via online for in-store pick-up.

I checked a Target tonight and they don't have pre-orders for this game, there or Wal-Mart may be your best for walking in and getting one a week from now.

[quote name='Ed_']Same thing happened with Kinect ;)
It went from being an "epic fail" to zomg! Amazon has it in stock!!!1!! Go now!!111!!![/QUOTE]

Other then dance central, kinect is a huge fail. If you're into gaming that is.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Thats what they told me. They said only one shipment per store and thats it. They also said the reason they stopped taking preorders is Nintendo went back on the amount they were supposed to be allocated.[/QUOTE]

It's possible they're not lying this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitz6speed']Other then dance central, kinect is a huge fail. If you're into gaming that is.[/QUOTE]

Yea, its a huge fail. Launch only sold a shit load and the tech is really amazing. Dance Central and Kinect Sports are both strong...Kinectimals is good for the target audience. I was skeptical but now I will love to see what happens in the future with it.

But I digress it looks like the Best Buys in my area are not doing in store pick up also....just wanted to feed this discussion. I still think it will be available a week after initial shipping. But after a few months of printing it will be OOP and harder to find like Prime Trilogy (even though that had a Steelbook that fed another audience also)

exactly. i like what they're doing right now with kinect and it's just launch. As developers get to understand the technology, there could be some great kinect games in the future.

It's ok not to hate everything new you know. This tech is pretty neat.

[quote name='confoosious']exactly. i like what they're doing right now with kinect and it's just launch. As developers get to understand the technology, there could be some great kinect games in the future.

It's ok not to hate everything new you know. This tech is pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Definitley sweet tech. I'm just holding off on buying for now. I brought the wii balance board because Nintendo promised awesome games for it and not much came about, so this time im taking a wait and see approach.

yeah i hear you. I was taking one too but my friend brought the kinect over and the next thing I know, my gf comes home with a 4GB bundle. Who am I to argue.

The problem with the wii board is that you're stuck to one place on the floor. It wouldve been sweet for snowboarding and skateboarding but the Flying Tomato games were pretty weak.

I think with Your Shape Fitness and EA Active 2, I might ditch the wii fit plus + board on ebay.

[quote name='confoosious']exactly. i like what they're doing right now with kinect and it's just launch. As developers get to understand the technology, there could be some great kinect games in the future.

It's ok not to hate everything new you know. This tech is pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just look at what people have been able to do just by hacking the thing. I can't imagine what devs will be doing with it in the future.

[quote name='seanr1221']GameStops are really telling people they aren't getting any more copies after the original shipment?

Well, I guess I'm not totally shocked GS is lying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. Believing an underpaid non-commission salesman who has to keep his numbers up to stay employed? You've got to be crazy to believe them. Or you've got to be a soccer mom.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Yeah, really. Believing an underpaid non-commission salesman who has to keep his numbers up to stay employed? You've got to be crazy to believe them. Or you've got to be a soccer mom.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not like he was trying to get me to preorder. I went in to preorder and he was explaining why I couldnt.

Kmart has had big cardboard displays out since the red Wii was released that obviously were meant to hold this game as they say Mario 25th anniversary all over them and never had any actual games in them. It seems funny that Nintendo would make promotional displays like that if stores aren't even going to get enough games to put in them.

limited edition nowdays is a hit or miss in term of availability. I mean Fallout: New Vegas collector edition sold out while GT5 assassin creed brotherhood, dead rising 2, Halo Reac one are still available. Don't remind me of star craft II collector edition.

[quote name='gordojones88']
Both of my Targets have a sign on their endcap advertising their Nintendo lineup.
It shows Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong County Returns, and "Super Mario All-Stars Collection coming Dec 12".

.[/QUOTE]

My Target had it displayed on the endcap last week and this week it was gone. Hope that doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='Xellos2099']limited edition nowdays is a hit or miss in term of availability. I mean Fallout: New Vegas collector edition sold out while GT5 assassin creed brotherhood, dead rising 2, Halo Reac one are still available. Don't remind me of star craft II collector edition.[/QUOTE]

Collector's Edition != Limited Edition

I do agree that many LE's aren't very limited either, but generally speaking, nothing about CE's would indicate that they were made in limited supply.

Microsoft = Not Rare (ex. GOW: LE, GOW2:LE, H2:LE, H3:LE, HR:LE)
Nintendo = Rare (ex. MPT, SE)
Sony = Rarest (ex. GT5:CE, PSM:SB, SW:TFU:USE, U2:FUE)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Microsoft = Not Rare (ex. GOW: LE, GOW2:LE, H2:LE, H3:LE, HR:LE)
Nintendo = Rare (ex. MPT)
Sony = Rarest (ex. GT5:CE, SW:TFU:USE)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I can still buy the GT5 CE. A better example would've been Uncharted 2: Fortune Hunter's Edition.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What's the name of Olympic Sport for NES? :lol:

Edit: Stadium Events[/QUOTE]

The Nintendo-published version, which is worthless, is called World Class Track Meet.

Mario All-Stars sold poorly in the UK, maybe that is due to the 50hz nonsense.
Had this package been a freebie from Club Nintendo, I think it would have been great, like the Zelda Collection.
But I'd rather see a really great all pre-Wii console Mario games in a nice package with extras that does justice to the series.
This is an ok package, with decent graphics, but it doesn't know if it wants to be for gamers, or for collectors, instead failing to satisfy either.
What the game really seems about is hundreds of posts arguing about the supply and demand of videogames. Which I guess is interesting, in a high school economics class kind of way.

Based on the reports of no more preorders, I think this will either truly be rare or else have tons of copies available in a few weeks when hoarders return their unsold copies or nintendo prints more. Either way, it might not be easy to get the first week or two without a preorder.

As far as people thinking it should be no big deal for these old games, you would be surprised what nintendo fans collect for high prices.

edit: but I'm still seeing it available at best buy with free shipping.

The reason you can't pre-order from GS anymore is that they aren't getting the allocation promised by Nintendo originally.

Also they said they stopped for the fact that they have a sale coming up this weekend and made us stop taking pre-orders so we have copies for walk in customers.

[quote name='farley91']Also they said they stopped for the fact that they have a sale coming up this weekend and made us stop taking pre-orders so we have copies for walk in customers.[/QUOTE]

Lol and I bet they will oversell to their walk-in customers at some places and screw the pre-orders =P. Gamestop would definitely do something stupid like that.

[quote name='Darknuke']Lol and I bet they will oversell to their walk-in customers at some places and screw the pre-orders =P. Gamestop would definitely do something stupid like that.[/QUOTE]

More than likely they will. From my experience GS sells through reserved copies and then are short copies for the people that actually reserve the game. I made it very clear to my employees that we don't do that at my store. I see why people hate GS so much, but at my store I'm working on changing that for at least my store anyways :D

[quote name='farley91']I made it very clear to my employees that we don't do that at my store. I see why people hate GS so much, but at my store I'm working on changing that for at least my store anyways :D[/QUOTE]

Wait, who's store are we talking about here?

I know this was discussed a few pages ago, but Elektroplankton was "online only", but not limited to a specific retailer-- I picked mine up at frys.com of all places.

[quote name='vherub']Mario All-Stars sold poorly in the UK, maybe that is due to the 50hz nonsense.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of this specific case, but I'm glad I don't live in a country where I have to worry about hertz compatibility in my games and movies.

[quote name='sontaru3431343']how many copies are retail stores getting like target?[/QUOTE]

They always get A LOT of a new game. I go there expecting stuff to be sold out and they got like 5 rows filled in the glass case :drool:

[quote name='Diebythesword']They always get A LOT of a new game. I go there expecting stuff to be sold out and they got like 5 rows filled in the glass case :drool:[/QUOTE]

really? even for limited collecto edition?

[quote name='sontaru3431343']really? even for limited collecto edition?[/QUOTE]

But you see.....this isn't limited. And I will never believe it's limited.

i am going to call target friday to check truck shipment. i will let u guys know. there's a guy on amazon market place who has 98 copies selling for 75.99 each.

that's crap.

I believed the hype, got scared last week, and pre-ordered through best buy. We'll see if it's justified.

In the ad scan in the B2G1 sale thread thats coming up, it does have "while supplies last" under the $29.99 for this game. I have never seen that before in a GameStop ad.

[quote name='Drclaw411']In the ad scan in the B2G1 sale thread thats coming up, it does have "while supplies last" under the $29.99 for this game. I have never seen that before in a GameStop ad.[/QUOTE]I was just looking at the ad and noticed that also.

[quote name='Diebythesword']But you see.....this isn't limited. And I will never believe it's limited.[/QUOTE]

And you can never be wrong because you can define whatever you want for "limited".

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was just looking at the ad and noticed that also.[/QUOTE]

For those who havn't seen it. GameStop (as far as I know) has never done this before, even for normal LE/CE games. If THEY are putting a disclaimer in for this one, I think it's quite possible this really will be a quick one shipment with a limited print run.

The fact that GameStop, at least in store, has stopped taking pre-orders says something to me too, considering how absolutley obsessed they are about getting as many pre-orders they possibly can on anything they possibly can.

*ad scan removed*

well then we have plenty of retailers to go to -

target, toys r us, gamestop, best buy, walmart.

I plan to call target and walmart friday nite to see how many they're getting in. btw, i'm tracking prices for $33- $60 on ebay. Doesn't seem like people are going to make a quick buck. Also amazon lowest guy is 44.99. Second guy is 75.99 with 98 copies.

It's possible value could jump once gamestop and best buy stop preorders (i'm doubting it right now).

[quote name='Drclaw411']For those who havn't seen it. GameStop (as far as I know) has never done this before, even for normal LE/CE games. If THEY are putting a disclaimer in for this one, I think it's quite possible this really will be a quick one shipment with a limited print run.

The fact that GameStop, at least in store, has stopped taking pre-orders says something to me too, considering how absolutley obsessed they are about getting as many pre-orders they possibly can on anything they possibly can.

*ad scan removed*[/QUOTE]

Not to be argumentative, but it also says "While Supplies Last" on Flingsmash too, & I've seen that in every store I've been into the past few weeks. Best Buy probably 50-100 of them on the shelf. Of course then again there's also much less demand/hype for that than Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition.

I'll probably be @ Kmart @ opening on Sunday morning to put 1 or 2 copies on layaway @ most. I know if I got 2 copies it would only print out ONE coupon for the transaction, but for this release I don't really care either way.

[quote name='dchrisd']FlingSmash "While Supplies Last" refers to the plush toy, not the game. Those toys are probably long gone.[/QUOTE]

it's right under the price. I think it's attached to the mario.

[quote name='sontaru3431343']it's right under the price. I think it's attached to the mario.[/QUOTE]

He was comparing it to the WHILE SUPPLIES LAST copy that is also under Flingsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back