Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PikaPichu']That might be a good thing. It'd suck hardcore to have to shake the wiimote everytime you wanted to use a suit's ability in SMB3.[/QUOTE]

Actually that sounds kinda cool.

Caution on removing the circular adhesive. I tried to remove some of it and the parts of the red packaging came off with it. I just taped it back on and cut the adhesive in the middle with a knife to open it. Also, it's really hard to open the box the first without bending the cardboard.

Urgh, I hate this kind of packaging for a supposed "limited edition" item. Think we can complain to Nintendo?

[quote name='chuckywang']Caution on removing the circular adhesive. I tried to remove some of it and the parts of the red packaging came off with it. I just taped it back on and cut the adhesive in the middle with a knife to open it. Also, it's really hard to open the box the first without bending the cardboard.

Urgh, I hate this kind of packaging for a supposed "limited edition" item. Think we can complain to Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

I haven't purchased the game yet, but is it packaged in a relatively thin cardboard box? If so, it should be possible to open it w/o bending it by first sliding a knife underneath the flap and using to unhook it so you can get it open without bending anything.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Guh...

Thanks a lot, Amazon. Prime sure was worth it! Mine's not in until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

+1, prime ftl!!

[quote name='hobbie8046']Guh...

Thanks a lot, Amazon. Prime sure was worth it! Mine's not in until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Prime member and my copy isn't in until Wednesday. :bomb:

[quote name='ninja dog']Just ordered one for $18.99 from warehouse deals. OMG TEH RARE strikes again. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Same here. Both ($17.99 & $18.99) copies are preparing for shipment. :applause:

Just got mine today from Amazon, via Prime. It's in pretty good shape, though one of the back bottom corners has just a hint of the print/color worn off from rubbing. You'd never notice unless you held it up to your nose, though.

And as expected, I only noticed it got here because the troll from Ontrac chucked it across my doorstep like skipping a stone, and I heard it slide across and bump into my front door. No knock, no doorbell, no "Yo!" or anything of the kind. Oh well, it's here and relatively in one piece. Very happy with the package itself.

[quote name='chuckywang']
Urgh, I hate this kind of packaging for a supposed "limited edition" item. Think we can complain to Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Wow ... really?

Ya, I was one of the people who pre-ordered when it came back, the first time, after the sold out phase. Scheduled for the 15 though so will probably be shipped tomorrow or something.....

[quote name='allyourblood']

And as expected, I only noticed it got here because the troll from Ontrac chucked it across my doorstep like skipping a stone, and I heard it slide across and bump into my front door. No knock, no doorbell, no "Yo!" or anything of the kind. Oh well, it's here and relatively in one piece. Very happy with the package itself.[/QUOTE]

My OnTrac delivery guy usually sucks too. Does a lot of underhand tosses to give it more air before hitting the concrete. Though there is one that places it at our doorstep and rings the doorbell.

Still prefer FedEx the most; they hide stuff behind the planters quite often.

Gah, getting mine by Wednesday, even though I preordered back in October on Amazon. Not that big a deal (I'm trying to beat Arc the Lad on my PSP so that I can import stuff to AtLII), but still :)

I also saw about a dozen of these beautiful editions at my local Target this morning. Thankfully no one put price labels on them, but I don't think Target does that in general aside from certain merchandise, right? Anyway, not locally rare FTW! :) I loved my All-Stars cart to death back in the day, and wish I had it back from my cousin. The sound effects and music alone were SNES-era wonderful, and I can't wait for my daughter and son to enjoy this as much as I know I will again. :)

[quote name='ninja dog']Just ordered one for $18.99 from warehouse deals. OMG TEH RARE strikes again. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I wonder where they even get their stock if there aren't even any returns yet. Are they damaged boxes?

[quote name='PikaPichu']I haven't purchased the game yet, but is it packaged in a relatively thin cardboard box? If so, it should be possible to open it w/o bending it by first sliding a knife underneath the flap and using to unhook it so you can get it open without bending anything.[/QUOTE]

This.

If you use a butter knife you're extremely unlikely to scratch anything, and even the most rigid of cardboard flap locks will tremble before your fury.

[quote name='scottman']I wonder where they even get their stock if there aren't even any returns yet. Are they damaged boxes?[/QUOTE]

My 29.99 copy came today, and it was a damaged box. I feel like it should have been a 17.99 warehouse deal :cry:

It looks like someone tried to open the box from the top and it has a big rip.

OMGz you're gonna get a box that's dented and not 100% perfect. If that's ok with you and you think that's actually the same as perfect, then go ahead and bait people. Me, I like my games pristine if possible, not something someone returned or dropped in the warehouse.

:bouncy:

I just opened my amazon package and one of them is slightly dented in a corner. I'm sure this will be in the warehouse deals by next week.

[quote name='Matt Young']How are people getting the game from Amazon already? Did some people get their copies shipped on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually ships items out the day before release date. Some people may have had release date delivery and/or Prime, and the mail doesn't run on Sunday, so the copies are arriving today.

I was wondering because I ended up ordering the game on 12/8. I have Prime, and release day delivery was not given to me as an option for this game. :whistle2:\

As of now, 4 P.M. on 12/13:

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: December 15, 2010

my target in fairfield nj had about 6 on the shelf. I bought one with my target card to get 5% off.
I had it on preorder at play n trade but they have not come in yet. I did not want to miss out

[quote name='Matt Young']I was wondering because I ended up ordering the game on 12/8. I have Prime, and release day delivery was not given to me as an option for this game. :whistle2:\

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: December 15, 2010[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I ordered on the 7th :bomb:

[quote name='Matt Young']I was wondering because I ended up ordering the game on 12/8. I have Prime, and release day delivery was not given to me as an option for this game. :whistle2:\

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: December 15, 2010[/QUOTE]

Same with me....I ordered about a month ago and as of today my Amazon order still hadn't shipped (said it should be here Wednesday) I was at Target and they had about 20 of them on the shelf so I bought one there and canceled my Amazon order just to make sure I got one.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Ya, I was one of the people who pre-ordered when it came back, the first time, after the sold out phase. Scheduled for the 15 though so will probably be shipped tomorrow or something.....[/QUOTE]

That's when I ordered mine as well.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Finally, my orders from Amazon.com & Warehouse Deals has been shipped via UPS. I think they combined all in one shipment.[/QUOTE]

That box is going to be smashed (along with all the SMAS copies in it)...

I went to my local Best Buy yesterday around 12:30pm. They had 11 copies on the shelf behind the register and I bought one right away. My parents were in there also buying a TV. We left a half hour later and all 10 copies that were left were still there.

My Ammy copy came this morning. I ordered on Oct 28th and wasn't expecting until tomorrow. Wasn't package great but the condition was pefect.

Also, went to Gamestop to pick up my 2nd copy (I had this on Pre about 2 weeks ago) and they only had 3 for walk-ins. Behind the counter was a large box for those who preordered.

[quote name='confoosious']OMGz you're gonna get a box that's dented and not 100% perfect. If that's ok with you and you think that's actually the same as perfect, then go ahead and bait people. Me, I like my games pristine if possible, not something someone returned or dropped in the warehouse.

:bouncy:
[/quote]

Great, I saved $12 by not being a creepy mint condition fetishist and will resell it for twice that despite the damage later on.

I just opened my amazon package and one of them is slightly dented in a corner. I'm sure this will be in the warehouse deals by next week.

I'm sure they'll just exchange it for you-- oh right, they don't have any more copies to replace it with. :bouncy:

Stopped by Target to pick up some stuff for the house, and saw that they had about 5 copies of it left.

I have a feeling that this is extremely limited.....in the sense that the packaging is limited. They will probably as another poster guessed, release the game without the swag.

Picked one up at Costco for $26.99. They had 6 copies on the shelf.

Note: the top seal was cut with a razor blade and the actual guts of the box were housed in the back storage. No biggie since I planned on opening it anyways, but anyone banking on a "sealed" copy might want to know.

Got mine today... ordered on 11/2. No damage to the box...

Since it is a special edition, maybe Amazon may get you a new box. :applause:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Finally, my orders from Amazon.com & Warehouse Deals has been shipped via UPS. I think they combined all in one shipment.[/QUOTE]

Lol!! Is that you and your "partner" in your pic? Holy crap that is gross!!

This is no joke...

I saw 40-50 copies @ my Target this evening. I was expecting to find far less. They were decorated all over the Wii section! :lol:

Got mine from Amazon today. A few scuff marks but otherwise in apparently good shape. Still not sure if I want to open it though...

Mine also came with a little blemish. I am not sure if it is worth asking Amazon to replace though.

hpim0437s.jpg

You guys could always buy one locally that is in mint condition, then return your Amazon copies to whatever store you got it from.

Its a one print run though, and the rarity of it in stores right now is from low to filled to the brim with them so its hard to tell right now.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I went to my Best Buy and they only saw SIX copies!

...until I walked around the corner.
IMG_20101213_173329.jpg

yeah, these aren't going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

once they're gone...they're gone. Like anything Nintendo makes, that goes oop, this will definitely skyrocket in price.

I think the aftermarket markup may be limited by all these games being available on virtual console. As the price gets higher and higher, its becomes harder to justify the additional cost when the difference is only the non-game stuff in the box.

Yeah working at BB I can confirm when new stuff comes out we have like 80 different places for it and even then there normal sits a couple dozen copies in the back as well.

In a few months though it will probably be a different story.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I went to my Best Buy and they only saw SIX copies!

...until I walked around the corner.
IMG_20101213_173329.jpg

yeah, these aren't going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

There's 23 there. It looks like it could hold 7 or 8 per row. There's 8 rows. That places it, if it were fully stocked, between 56 and 64 copies. I doubt the copies pictured will be there by the end of the week.

[quote name='thegreek']once they're gone...they're gone. Like anything Nintendo makes, that goes oop, this will definitely skyrocket in price.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are Nintendo but I'm still not convinced these will "skyrocket" in price. GCN Nintendo games have not "skyrocketed" -- especially not the OoT Master Quest pre-order disc or the collector's LoZ game. Neither of those have commanded "skyrocketed" prices. Even the rare GCN Zelda 4 Swords release doesn't command much more than MSRP.

A game like this that's printed in such huge numbers, plus the growing possibility that Nintendo will probably keep publishing the All-Stars game by itself, or make it available on their VC (no reason why not) should depress the price on this or at least keep it well in check such that it doesn't "skyrocket."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back