Super Smash Bros

No problem, I don't mind any of that. I'm still trying to figure myself out on who to use this game. I've been gravitating toward the Villager only because I kept using him in the demo  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah, it be Hero. I will add you later.

edit: and blue is in for glory. Come on out Blue I want to play with my old CAG buddy.
Ack. Sorry I missed you! The 3DS could really use some sort of notification system. It seems almost impossible to play with friends unless you schedule outside of the game.

Lots of blasts from the past in here! All of you old Brawl guys (and whoever else), add me and let's play! 2251-4544-4741

Also, fucking FINALLY they announce a Wii U release date. I can't wait!

Ack. Sorry I missed you! The 3DS could really use some sort of notification system. It seems almost impossible to play with friends unless you schedule outside of the game.
I noticed you where on when logged on my wifi light started blinking orange. I started to panic because I was in a match and thought my battery was dying. Then when I finished that game I checked my friend list and it showed you were on... Probably not the best way to notify someone huh ;)

No word on if the GC adapter will work for other titles. Wii U Pro should be compatible. I imagine it's up to personal preference as far as what is best. Cheapest option for most would involve the use of your legacy hardware and the adapter if you don't own any other controllers. Chuk mode works well for me. Oh and the 3DS is another control option.
Well it's official. Adapter only works with SSBWiiU:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/08/psa-wii-u-gamecube-adapter-only-compatible-with-super-smash-bro/

For me personally, the Pro Controller is too big, I prefer the button layout more, and it was very comfortable.

Lots of blasts from the past in here! All of you old Brawl guys (and whoever else), add me and let's play! 2251-4544-4741

Also, fucking FINALLY they announce a Wii U release date. I can't wait!
TOTALLY AGREED. "The flow of time is always cruel... it's speed seems different for each person, but no one change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Unless the first page can be wiki'd, I'm going to start a new thread for Friend Codes this Thursday after work. Not sure what all the rage is nowadays but 6 years ago (dayuuum), many of us used AOL Instant Messenger. Should Skype be the app of choice for chatting?

Also, do people have preferred times for Smash Saturdays and Sundays? Thinking 5, 6, or 7pm PST is a reasonable start time for all.

I also don't mind organizing a 1-day double-elimination tourney two Saturdays from now, so brush up folks! :D

My god Smash Run is amazing. They need a full DLC expansion for this, right away, lol.

So these Amiibo figures. How hard to find to you think they will be this holiday season? I got Link preordered on Amazon since he is one of my mains, debating if I should preorder 1-2 more.

Don't forget that another 6 (Zelda, Diddy Kong, Pit, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Little Mac) are coming out in December.

Well I was going to say, I can totally wait till Nov. 21st for the WiiU version, but then I submitted an offer on ebay to get the game for $30 shipped. Couldn't pass that up.

You guys don't go breaking your circle-pads until I can get my copy.

I'm really glad that nintendo made the 3ds version. I've meet like 6 people (basically strangers) on my school that have this game. Now we bring all of our 3ds to settle it in smash every day. Also, 3 local multiplayer didn't lag a bit while I was playing.

Unless the first page can be wiki'd, I'm going to start a new thread for Friend Codes this Thursday after work. Not sure what all the rage is nowadays but 6 years ago (dayuuum), many of us used AOL Instant Messenger. Should Skype be the app of choice for chatting?
I'm pretty sure a majority of us from those days are into our 30s by now :lol: :???:

My God, Zero Suit Samus is such a broken beast. Just went through the final battle of All-Star Mode on Hard with over 90% health (and only he fairy left for healing beforehand) and whupped my way through the final round. And the Fire Emblem characters usually give me problems even on Easy.

Also, fuck Diddy Kong. Hate him in All-Star mode.

One more thing on All-Star mode: CPU MegaMan is a joke no matter what difficulty. Always kill him in seconds no matter what character I use.

If you haven't seen it yet:

http://youtu.be/j0BBGzfw0pQ

8-player Smash is going to be insane. Also, Mewtwo has been confirmed as DLC. People who buy both the 3DS and Wii U versions get him for free.

Or 3DSs or Gamepads or pro controllers. Also 8 friends who play Smash and will come over, which I imagine will be the harder part for a lot of us.

Man, my hype for this game went through the roof yesterday. All the content that this game will have is very, very impressive. Mewtwo DLC was a great surprise, and pretty much re-re-re confirms that they are working on other DLC. The stage creator looks great and hopefully we'll see some good stuff from the smash community.

I wish there was a messaging and invite system on the game, but at least there's voice chat (sort of).

8 player smash looks crazy, and I can see myself bringing my Wii u to family festivities just to enjoy the feature.

Not very excited about the board game, though. We'll see.

You can plug two GameCube adapters into a Wii U for 8 Cube controllers.  (I saw a posting earlier.)

Yeah, yesterday's video was awesome.  I've liked the gameplay of the 3DS version, but felt it was kinda lacking in features.  Doesn't appear Wii U will be that way!

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually pretty excited at the thought of using my 3DS as a controller for Smash. I've gotten super used to the thing and I've never been better at tilts and short hops.

I was very impressed at the WiiU version. They made the right choice releasing 3DS first because the 3DS has less features.

I am really excited for the WiiU version now, so much new stuff.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually pretty excited at the thought of using my 3DS as a controller for Smash. I've gotten super used to the thing and I've never been better at tilts and short hops.
The layout for the pro-controller as well as the tablet should be pretty much be the same, just as how the control schemes cross controller are the same in Mario Kart 8. You dont want to do this. I've already broken off half of the hard backing underneath my circle pad. It still works fine, but it just feels weird now.

That trailer blew my mind. SO MANY features packed into one game. This game will definitely be in rotation for the entire Wii U's lifespan.

P.S. The Amiibo trailer was god awful. :lol:

I was floored by the latest news.  I was buying this on release, but I had low expectations.  I was really concerned by potential lack of game modes and things to do other than battle.  Now that fear is gone!  Lots of battle options and seperate game modes to play with the wife!

I have 3 Cube controllers, 4 wii remotes, the wii u gamepad, and 2 wii u pro controllers so I am covered!  Nunchuks and wii pro controllers will probably work to so even better.

Can't wait for the Mewtwo DLC and Soundtrack from CN!

The layout for the pro-controller as well as the tablet should be pretty much be the same, just as how the control schemes cross controller are the same in Mario Kart 8. You dont want to do this. I've already broken off half of the hard backing underneath my circle pad. It still works fine, but it just feels weird now.
I've seen this complaint floating around since launch and it makes zero sense to me. I'm over 1000 matches played in For Glory alone and my CP and buttons are perfect.

It makes zero sense to you that some peoples controllers wear out more than others? Umm ok.
If it didn't happen to him it isn't a problem! Like the people who's 360s didn't red ring, or the PS3s that didn't YLOD, or the people who smoked all their lives and didn't get cancer!

Do I understand that stress and fatigue can occur at different rates on individual pieces of hardware? Of course I do. Do I understand that some people wail on their consoles so hard that their circle pads break off? Sure. Do I do that? I do not.

I am in no way insinuating DMK or anyone here plays that way. Makes no difference to me. I am simply addressing the rest of the internet's commentary on the matter and it's nature as a non-issue for me. My 3DS is holding up and I enjoy the control scheme, so I will likely continue to use it.

There are so many things to unlock in this game. It's gonna be amazing. Over 700 trophies, over 400 pieces of music, as well as Masterpieces!!!

I think anyone using a 3DS/XL would be at a huge disadvantage when anybody else using the GC controller (or Pro controllers) would have the C-stick. 

(New 3DS would remedy that...but that's not out for us anytime soon.)

[quote name="NewportBox100s" post="12192010" timestamp="1414532123"]I never used the C-Stick in Smash. Not once. I didn't even know you could, and I've been playing since 1999.[/quote]

Ditto. I knew you could, but I don't ever use it.

[quote name="theflicker" post="12192125" timestamp="1414533961"]Ditto. I knew you could, but I don't ever use it.[/quote] Add me to dat list.

So you guys really like it so far? I used to play this like a maniac in the N64 and GC, in the Wii not much at all.

[quote name="Soccerdude" post="12194306" timestamp="1414606709"]So you guys really like it so far? I used to play this like a maniac in the N64 and GC, in the Wii not much at all.[/quote]I love it. Really can't wait for the sUperior version though.

Yeah, it's fantastic. Still kind of a magical thing to have access to Smash brothers anytime, anywhere. Kid me never would have believed I'd be playing this game walking to the grocery store.

bread's done
Back