Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='BackInBlack']I feel its even the same with CAG's tho, while playing the few endless battles I've played with them is the good players just wreck, and usually aren't too chatty either :/ jayzin and bs come to mind, they are just sick good.[/QUOTE]

I agree that if you find a CAG who's just way too much better than you, it's probably good to play against them less. You should try Matt Young - he's still a-learnin'.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']:( Played my first rank match, had 0 BP, matches me up with someone who has 3,000 BP...wtf

I'm willing to get my ass handed to me, just send me a FR. I'm online now....3rd day of playing with my arcade stick, progress is being made, but I still choke up during matches. I can pull off 50 dragon punches in a row in training, but when it comes to when it matters in actual versus matches, I always seem to choke.

It makes me sad :( I used to be actually pretty good at HD Remix and Alpha 3 and the EX series.[/QUOTE]

Practice makes perfect. I'd say putting alot of effort into the challenges goes a long way. Hit up TooLateForRoses anytime.

[quote name='antlp89']Cody is the new Ken for online matches. I get him at least 1/3 of the time despite there being 30+ characters.[/QUOTE]

Its still refreshing not playing ken, and it helps you know the matchup. Also, less cross up shenanigans unless they are really good.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Practice makes perfect. I'd say putting alot of effort into the challenges goes a long way. Hit up TooLateForRoses anytime.[/QUOTE]

Are you available to kick my ass right now?

[quote name='GuardianE']Great games to bs000. S-Rank Kens! And Shinobi Hanzo, of course.[/QUOTE]

Good games to both of you guys last night. That was definitely fun and made the time fly. I'll be on in about 30 minutes for those that are up for a few matches.

GG's panda, you ain't too shabby. It's def nice playin people around my level so I can try new chars. You'll be kickin my ass once ur good with the fightstick.

if anyone wants to play my cammy, lets do it. she's C+ right now and i'm always trying to get better. hoping to see some of you on.

[quote name='BackInBlack']GG's panda, you ain't too shabby. It's def nice playin people around my level so I can try new chars. You'll be kickin my ass once ur good with the fightstick.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. GG to you too. I gotta teach myself to finish games, not jump into you, and avoid those damn Focus attacks....so a lot of work to go.

GG though. Hope to play again soon, and hopefully I'll offer more of a challenge.

.. I was watching the replay channel for the first time- which is very entertaining, might I add- and I witnessed a fight featuring our very own GuilewasNK! It was him as Gen fighting "iPocalypse" with Juri. Guile won.

I guess I got in a bit late to Street Fighter IV...but I'm having a lot of fun with Super. I don't know what it is but I'm really into it now. I managed to get up to a C rank over the weekend. I've been playing with the boring old standard Ryu...but I'm really loving his new Ultra Combo.

It really says something for a game where one minute you can win a match and feel super powerful and then get your ass handed to you in the next matchup. Like everyone else I feel more practice is required to take it to the next level but either way I'm having fun and that's what it's about right? If anyone wants to add me on LIVE feel free.

[quote name='eastx']I agree that if you find a CAG who's just way too much better than you, it's probably good to play against them less. You should try Matt Young - he's still a-learnin'.[/QUOTE]

I'm learning fairly well. Of course, that's only with 1 or 2 characters, and I'm trying to get used to that d-pad on the SFIV controller rather than the analog stick. But I did win 3 ranked matches in a row last night!

[quote name='bs000']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFWedUJT6J8&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]haaahaha that's awesome. Reminds me of this one SFII Rainbow hack that used to be in a local Pizza Hut. There were a ton of rainbow hack variations but this one had the Dragon Punch that shot out a column of hadokens. If you did it with Jab you would just get a slow-moving wall of hadokens, very much like what was shown in that video... hahaha, good stuff :lol:

Any of you guys looking to learn add the gamertag in my sig. Most of the CAGs on here are already on that friend list and it makes it easier to find friendly matches. I'm willing to help as well if I'm on.

[quote name='MtlTom']Any of you guys looking to learn add the gamertag in my sig. Most of the CAGs on here are already on that friend list and it makes it easier to find friendly matches. I'm willing to help as well if I'm on.[/QUOTE]

I'll second MtlTom's sentiment on CAG FIGHTER IV. I've got a few CAG's in games that way and never met a douche through it, so I think that's a good way to go when looking for friendly matches with nice people.

As far as giving help, I'm also willing to help out those that need it (not the best SF player on CAG by far, but I've been playing SF since 1991, so I'm familiar with the game). If you'd like help, we can do 1-on-1 endless battles if I'm online. My tag is: Shinobi Hanzo

We played a few rounds with SplittMark on Fri. and tried to give him a few pointers, so hopefully he thought that was helpful.

Yeah, I'm like Shinobi - I'm not the best but I'm pretty decent. I'm trying to level up myself but I'm more than willing to teach to anyone that wants to learn. I can definitely provide some tips.

Anyways - CAG session Wednesday anyone? Let me know.

[quote name='wjhard63']We played a few rounds with SplittMark on Fri. and tried to give him a few pointers, so hopefully he thought that was helpful.[/QUOTE]

you guys did. but nothing but long term practice will get rid the random arrows. i hate seeing the back arrow when i go from DB to UF. something I'll just have to fix myself.

i wish there was an endless battle mode where the others could fight. like the 2 losers face each other and the two winners face each other and it rotates if there's more 6-8.

[quote name='timesplitt']you guys did. but nothing but long term practice will get rid the random arrows. i hate seeing the back arrow when i go from DB to UF. something I'll just have to fix myself.

i wish there was an endless battle mode where the others could fight. like the 2 losers face each other and the two winners face each other and it rotates if there's more 6-8.[/QUOTE]

There's a Tournament Mode update coming in the summer. Presumably, the brackets would be able to play each other during this mode until eliminated. I'm not sure how much info they've revealed on it yet, though.

GGs to FISTINFACE, DaggerCutsWater and TooLateForRoses. I'm sorry I got booted during our match. I swear I don't know what happened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably get started around 9PM EST on Wed? Maybe a little earlier. I'll send out invites to anyone on the CFIV tag who wants to join.

Maybe we can get some Team Battles going as well? I haven't really done that yet.

GGs Guardian. It actually was my crappy Comcast. I get random disconnects all the time. Reset the router..blah blah blah repeat and rinse. Wed night sounds good.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hey, I remember when you kicked my ass on HD Remix! We'll have to play some SSFIV sometime.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Are you on late? I don't usually hop on until 11:30 pm or 12:00 am EST.

[quote name='bs000']I think I need some new buttons. Or maybe I should just stop rage smashing them.[/QUOTE]

your buttons are wearing out? Damn, thats some intense abuse.
Anyways, if anyone wants to play, add me. I main bison/dictator, and i think I'm decent, so if you just started playing the series you might not have too much fun against me.

I won't have to worry about seeing all the new costumes since Phrosty is willing to be the guinea pig :) I'll wait for the complete pack honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BackInBlack']I won't have to worry about seeing all the new costumes since Phrosty is willing to be the guinea pig :) I'll wait for the complete pack honestly.[/QUOTE]

GGs to you.. that Ryu is definitely improving. You even beat my Blanka once or twice. :lol:

Also yes... I will be the costume buying guinea pig (or you can substitute with more offensive nouns as desired), so if you're curious as to how the new costumes look.. just challenge me to a fight and request the character. If you want to get beat, request Blanka, his third costume is pretty sweet. :D

Hey guys I just got this game and I only have the controller (getting a stick soon) and I am not that good, but my gamertag is cdietschrunFAST and would love to play with you guys/learn.

yo you guys still have room for the fight night? I had to leave because my connection was crappy due to my brother dling, but it's good now.

Anyways, I'm always down for a couple of fights, Mains or alts. w/e.

I kept getting my ass handed to me last night... so hard that the only reaction I could manage was respect for the other player.

I need to jump in a game with you guys and learn how to play this game some more.

GGs to Guardian, Awwjayzin, Fistinface, DaggerCuts, Flippr, dizzle, lilhercules, and anyone else who I played last night. Lots of fun games, definitely picked up a few things. Also learned NOT to underestimate Makoto courtesy of lilhercules.

Highlight of the night was dizzle getting hit with a random ultra in his last match :lol:

[quote name='uglyteradon']I kept getting my ass handed to me last night... so hard that the only reaction I could manage was respect for the other player.

I need to jump in a game with you guys and learn how to play this game some more.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up any time, I'd be glad to try to teach. Who do you play?

Tnx again for the invite last night mtltom, I should be on again later, nice playing with everyone. I need more practice, to avoid whiffing w/Sagat. Maybe if we get more than 8 we can get 2 endless battles/ different tiers, or maybe even do a team battle w/out the stacking of course.

[quote name='timesplitt']for all tense and purposes I SHOULD HAVE landed on the other side? damn you Dudley for having legs like that

Video[/QUOTE]

Vacuum Fist.

[quote name='lolwut?']So this game doesn't have a player match option for Xbox Live?[/QUOTE]

Endless Battle is essentially Player Match with lobbies. Since you can make the lobbies any size you want from 2-8 players, you can effectively make a player match by simply searching for or creating a 2 player lobby.

Sucks that to get the achievements for creating 30 Endless Battle and Team Battle lobbies, people have to play. That's a lot of games. Damn you, Capcom!

[quote name='Matt Young']Sucks that to get the achievements for creating 30 Endless Battle and Team Battle lobbies, people have to play. That's a lot of games. Damn you, Capcom![/QUOTE]

the achievements aren't meant to all unlock in one weekend.

bread's done
Back