Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='Matt Young']By "Yoga", I assume you mean Dhalsim. The only reason I am even mentioning it is because, in my sleep deprived state, I read it as "Sagat vs. Yoda" and, well, that would be badass.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]QCHik2hEIrk[/youtube]
was talking about this fight from the 1st sf4 :)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is it possible to do a standing 720 motion without a buffer prior to it?[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's possible to do it from neutral without causing yourself to jump. I like to do it during a dash

[quote name='MtlTom']If they're throwing fireballs then SRKing you it sounds like you might be jumping too much. It may seem like spamming but it sounds like zoning to me. Just like Guardian and Matt said - you have to play the match patiently. That's usually the case with most shotos, especially runaway Akumas.

PS: Try watching Sirlin's Tutorial to Super Turbo. Different game, I know, but most of this all still applies. They may seem a little basic but it's a good reference. Here's the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4[/QUOTE]well i may have been jumping BUT I ONLY was becuase he was throwing those fireballs :p.. he threw them from the air and from the ground. so whether i was on the ground or in the air he still threw them regardless. he was in the air more than me. id get past one of his fireballs (not jump) and then he'd just jump and fireball me with two. if i managed to even get past or block one. there would be another heading my way. i shouldn't have quitted the match so i could show how annoying it was. he didn't care where i was. he just wanted to win and annoy the hell out of me with the fireballs (i had beat him the first round). i was playing with adon and i now realize i had(have) two options the focus into dash and the long jaguar tooth. with all the fireballs i wasn't thinking clearly (like a guy in halo t-bagging nonestop)

[quote name='PhrostByte']Matt I don't think the arcade requests count as lobbies. I think they actually want you to personally create 30 lobbies and fight in them.[/QUOTE]

Like I mentioned earlier, when taking fight requests, you aren't always the host of the lobby. The achievement requires you to actually host matches.

I didn't think you could do endless battle from arcade requests? I thought it was only ranked matches or team battles? I got the 30 fight request one since that's the only way I play ranked matches. I know I'll get the 30 endless battle lobbies but I know team lobbies will take a while since I haven't really done any.

I keep falling short on Endless 10 & Ranked 10. I've been close in endless but I keep getting stuck at 5 on ranked.

And you wanna talk about annoying? The colors/taunts are tedious, but at least it's not as bad as vanilla.

someone told me i could use adon's dash to get past fireballs. well after several minutes of attempting it on a cpu in trainingmode, i have yet to get passed one (using dash).

[quote name='timesplitt']someone told me i could use adon's dash to get past fireballs. well after several minutes of attempting it on a cpu in trainingmode, i have yet to get passed one (using dash).[/QUOTE]
They probably meant focus dashing to get around the fireballs. If you charge a focus attack, let the fireball hit, then immediately dash forward/backward you have an opportunity to recover the damage the fireball does. It's also a nice way to build up your Ultra meter without taking the full damage. If you're in the wrong range or get too predictable with doing that it can be punished.

well, you definitely can't double tap forward to get past a fireball. if thats what someone told you, they are either pulling your leg or completely retarded. people like Dudley have a dash move (hcf + k) that WILL go through a fireball. Moves like balrog's turn punch, guy's hozanto (not EX), blanka's EX ball, Ryu tatsu when timed right, Goukens DP+P move, blanka's d+f HP, and a bunch of others.

you could focus attack, absorb fireball, then dash forward after sucking it up which will get you closer and build revenge gauge, but it depends on your spacing whether or not dashing forward would be the correct move. often dashing back is much safer, but even then, depends on the spacing

[quote name='bs000']Don't think it's possible to do it from neutral without causing yourself to jump. I like to do it during a dash[/QUOTE]

Grapplers with 720's generally have 6 frames of prejump, which is a few longer than normal people because they need the extra time to be able to do standing 360s without jumping. However, standing 720's require 8 frames to input, so you have to find a way to buffer. The fastest ways I can think of are during blockstun or ticking from a crouching light

[quote name='timesplitt']someone told me i could use adon's dash to get past fireballs. well after several minutes of attempting it on a cpu in trainingmode, i have yet to get passed one (using dash).[/QUOTE]

It's not his dash. His taunt #9 is what gets him though fireballs. The only person that I have seen/tested that can dash under fireballs is Juri.

Done all the trials :D. Now I just need to finish arcade mode on hardest with every character, then rank up to C with every char online D:

[quote name='FISTINFACE']Unlocked all the colors and personal actions. Talk about tedious.[/QUOTE]

That's all tied to how often you play with a character now right? The challenge mode only unlocks titles and icons?

Does anyone else think there's something wrong with one of the noises Dudley makes when he jabs? In his english voice, sometimes the noise he makes while jabbing sounds totally out of place and always throws me off. Sounds more like something that belongs to Deejay. Go to training mode and start hitting jab over and over and I think you'll understand.

I'm one of those guys who sucks with just about everyone but Ryu, but I tried Juri out in the training mode, and I think I could do well with her. Well, by my standards anyway... Compared to most of you, I am terrible no matter which character I use.

i really dont want to turn this game into a chore/job

right now im taking a break from it becuase i had one of those off days and I'll eventually come back to it, the games like an itch THAT I WANT TO SCRATCH.

What is the best way for T.Hawk to punish a blocked Dragon Punch? I've been walking up and Typhooning them when they land. It seems pretty effective but I'm wondering if there's something better I should be going for.

btw this is the first Street Fighter game in which I've been doing walk-up 360s consistently! It feels great to get the hang of that. There's always been kind of a mental block where I think I need to spazz out on the joystick.

cl.mp -> DP?

I would do jab SPD since the advantage is you're in the best position to start your mixup (untechable knockdown, right next to you).

It think Typhoon is Hawk's most damaging move, so I'd assume that'd be the best punish. I don't play Hawk, but his trials seem to indicate that he doesn't have very elaborate or damaging combos. Most of it is a setup for his Typhoon, or very circumstantial.

I've pretty much only played this game with FrankySox and Pure Apathy. I'd really like to get in some Endless Battle action with the rest of you- and them as well, should they care to join- in the near future. maybe we can set up a night for a group of us all to get on?

[quote name='BustaUppa']What is the best way for T.Hawk to punish a blocked Dragon Punch? I've been walking up and Typhooning them when they land. It seems pretty effective but I'm wondering if there's something better I should be going for.
[/QUOTE]
I'm with jayzin - jab SPD for the mixup potential. Unless you're close to finishing them off, then you might try the fierce version. He doesn't have a lot of combos outside of cl st.MP (or st. MK) -> EX Spire -> EX DP -> EX Dive, but that burns sooooo much meter (you can skip the EX Spire though). Typically he doesn't need a lot of meter and he does build it fast, but I'd use it on getting in/around fireballs with EX Spire in shoto matches.

Just my two cents...

[quote name='Matt Young']I've pretty much only played this game with FrankySox and Pure Apathy. I'd really like to get in some Endless Battle action with the rest of you- and them as well, should they care to join- in the near future. maybe we can set up a night for a group of us all to get on?[/QUOTE]
We usually get a bunch of people together through CAG Fighter on Wednesday nights. If you see people playing Super on the list, send them a msg/invite - most everyone is up for a friendly game.

man, damn ibuki and her noobish combo friendlyness

if you have an ibuki at 5% health and have 70% health yourself... do not go guns blazing in thinking the game will be kind enough to give you a hit in. becuase it certainly didnt give me one

[quote name='Matt Young']Aww, I'm a day late. I'll definitely play next week if I'm home.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to start your own endless battle and send invites out (to those playing SSFIV) on the CAG Fighter gamertag.

prnphotos093057-264x300.jpg

http://www.chipchick.com/2010/05/streeitfighter-hdtvs.html

[quote name='shinryuu']Feel free to start your own endless battle and send invites out (to those playing SSFIV) on the CAG Fighter gamertag.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah; I did add that tag. I should re-add you to my list. I only removed you since we weren't playing anything together for a long while.

I may be available to play Saturday, so I'll check the list then.

lol someone sent their 1st report on me
all i was doing was cross up with dejay(really all he is about!) then low mid kick and cross up again. i replied learn how to block dejay sucks and in a real fight you always exploit weakness.

feel sorry for them b ranks getting rage reports hehe. :)

Added that CAG Fighter tag you guys were talking about, hopefully get a chance this weekend to play a bit.

Changes coming along with the tournament mode DLC:

[quote name='Event Hubs']• Fei Long's infinite combo loop against Juri will be removed.

• Unblockable Ultras will be fixed. This is where you throw a fireball and the Ultra flash made it so your opponent could not block.

• Guy will no longer be able to be thrown while he's crouching and in hit stun animation. A bug made it possible to combo throw moves while he was in this state.

• Ibuki's invincibility window on wake up — under certain circumstances — was too long, this will be fixed.

• The 2nd hit of Ibuki's Spinning Kicks missing Chun-Li will be fixed.

• Counter hit damage on M. Bison's (Dictator) Ultra 2 was too low.

• Sagat's Angry Charge was not working properly in some instances (EX-Tiger Uppercut doesn't get damage upgrade in some cases).[/QUOTE]

^

Finals are today. There should be some pretty sick matches in SSF4. Also hit up the stream chatroom... saw MarkMan around yesterday watching Hori players fall victim to his MadCat stick.

when does it start? 4 now ;)

edit about to start now!

btw that mk3 tournament was pretty badass

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish i could find a place with a huge crowd here where i live, when i find any tournament there like only 4 people

Pad player using Fei Long got third place. 500 people viewing Fei Long forum on SRK. Fei Long is so totally top tier now xD

[quote name='bs000']Pad player using Fei Long got third place. 500 people viewing Fei Long forum on SRK. Fei Long is so totally top tier now xD[/QUOTE]

Pshaw. Didn't you hear? Fei became top tier as soon as Mago started using him.

All it takes is for a top ranked Japanese player to start using a character for them to become A-S tier. :p

He was A tier in Vanilla. I think he has some pretty hard executions cared to most characters and is his own style of rush down.

I liked him a lot. I just failed at consistently landing his combos on a fight stick

[quote name='kurrptsenate']He was A tier in Vanilla. I think he has some pretty hard executions cared to most characters and is his own style of rush down.

I liked him a lot. I just failed at consistently landing his combos on a fight stick[/QUOTE]

I thought the official guide labeled him as A-tier, but no one actually took the official guide's tier ranking as legitimate.

Considering the only thing that changed with Fei Long was making his Tenshin slightly better, he really didn't change from vanilla, which would put him at about the same level

i never played Fei but I think his chicken wing got much improved. I dunno how invulnerable EX chicken wing was before but now it seems like you can get out of most ultras. Tenshin = chicken wing? I need to learn the correct names of moves :/

Anyone have a recommendation for a character to pick up? I play dictator & tried sagat & rufus in vanilla but suck with them..so i tend to just stick w/ bison. I want to learn an alternate but choosing who to spend time with out of 32 other characters is giving me a headache. Any thoughts? Im thinking maybe Juri, Dudley, Guy, Abel, Guile?

tenshin is sort of like a command throw that leads into free combos. he puts his foot on the in-step of the opposing character and flips over their back.

chicken wing = rekuyaku (sp)

the EX version was always invulnerable for the beginning animations. linking out of it is near impossible without plinking

if you like charge bison, I would move onto Boxer, Blanka, or Guile. Similar inputs and timing of combos

I don't necessarily think that Fei was "top tier" in Vanilla or will be in Super, but I think Inthul's performance at ECT really shows that tiers don't really mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. I think it really boils down to knowing the ins and outs of your character and knowing the match-ups. I mean look at Sabr3 at last year's EVO, he straight beasted on people with Sakura - who a lot of people consider to be pretty low. Same with Sanford's Cammy.

Regardless, it was pretty awesome to see a Fei do so well, let alone a pad player!

Oh, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was clearly the most hype game on the stream.

--------

By the way - do you guys think I should post a CAG Fighting Game Matchmaking thread in the X360 forums? We'd use the CAG Fighter IV tag of course but it'd be to find matches in other games besides SSF4 (like HDR, hint hint). I just figured with other games out there like MVC2, HDR, Tekken, and the new King of Fighters & BlazBlue games coming out it'd be a cool thing to have. We could even possibly try to organize tournaments/ranbats in there.

Just a thought....

bread's done
Back