Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

Anyone up for games on the usual Wednesday night? I've got a few more ranked matches to get 1000/1000 in BlazBlue: CT but I've missed SSF4. I'm probably going to be super rusty since I've pretty much been playing BB & ST for the last few weeks.

Quick question does anyone know if the hori ex 2 pad is build better then the madcatz fightpad because i'm on my controller controller i received today and the d-pad is seriously messed up, will those hori pads last one then a day?

[quote name='BackInBlack']Cuz i suck. Inputs are too strict, qcfx2 is way too hard.[/QUOTE]

Join the club. 3/4 the time I teleport instead of doing Ultra 1 for Seth and I end up losing a lot because of it

[quote name='bs000']Viper is fun. All you need to win half the time is cr.mk xx mp.thunder knuckle over and over cause they just can't resist pressing a button after getting hit by the knuckle. j.hk xx hk.burning kick for crossup trixxxxxx. j.hk > cr.hp xx ex.seismo > hjc burning kick. Annnnd anti-air hp thunder knuckle[/QUOTE]

Hahah, I noticed you doing the cr.mp xx m.t.knuckle against me. I had played against a few Vipers before who tried doing that, so I had sort of adjusted to that tactic.

That's mostly how I played Makoto. Learn a cross-up, find a gimmick that few people know about (c.mp->mpfireball spam), know a basic combo into Ultra, learn a poke or two. It's just the sheer volume of characters that's intimidating.

[quote name='Jay']Quick question does anyone know if the hori ex 2 pad is build better then the madcatz fightpad because i'm on my controller controller i received today and the d-pad is seriously messed up, will those hori pads last one then a day?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the Hori EX2, but if you got a messed up dpad with your Madcatz Fightpad, contact Madcatz... or MarkMan, who works for Madcatz on CAG. They'll send you a replacement. Defective Dpads suck royally, but if it's not defective, the Madcatz Fightpad can last for quite a while. I've had mine since launch of SFIV, put in over 400 hours into it, and it still works pretty well. The down direction is a little mushy, but I've gotten used to it. Execution errors while playing are pretty much just sloppy inputs that are my fault.

[quote name='Morphx2']Join the club. 3/4 the time I teleport instead of doing Ultra 1 for Seth and I end up losing a lot because of it[/QUOTE]

Seth is in HDR? :eek:

I think roses just doesn't like how you can't mash DPs the same way he mashes DP in SSF4 :p

[quote name='bs000']Seth is in HDR? :eek:

I think roses just doesn't like how you can't mash DPs the same way he mashes DP in SSF4 :p[/QUOTE]

I said I hate how i can't do 2xQCF's. I have much respect for SFII. Also, I don't think i mash out THAT many DP's in 4.

[quote name='GuardianE']Not sure about the Hori EX2, but if you got a messed up dpad with your Madcatz Fightpad, contact Madcatz... or MarkMan, who works for Madcatz on CAG. They'll send you a replacement. Defective Dpads suck royally, but if it's not defective, the Madcatz Fightpad can last for quite a while. I've had mine since launch of SFIV, put in over 400 hours into it, and it still works pretty well. The down direction is a little mushy, but I've gotten used to it. Execution errors while playing are pretty much just sloppy inputs that are my fault.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying but an kind of afriad to get another madcatz fightpad, i just recently got the game and purchased a fightpad, first time one of the buttons was stuck on it so i called to get another and now the d-pad seems kind of stiff where i can't even do fei longs ultra move.Wow congrats on having a working fightpad for that long, i really wish i didn't have trouble with mine the first time because i really love the pad but i'm broke and i'm afraid if i go the madcatz replacement option i'll get another defective one, right now i can send it back to amazon and use the money towards a hori ex2 pad.

dan is growing on me. i made this guy rage quit with him the other day lol.
plays pretty much like a ken tard without the fireballs n better dashing. =p

so far im only somewhat decent with 2 chars. think im going to make dan my 3rd cuz it's priceless when he wins lol.

[quote name='Kevfactor']dan is growing on me. i made this guy rage quit with him the other day lol.
plays pretty much like a ken tard without the fireballs n better dashing. =p

so far im only somewhat decent with 2 chars. think im going to make dan my 3rd cuz it's priceless when he wins lol.[/QUOTE]

I know a little about Dan and beat a 4k Balrog with him 2 days ago. The Balrog messaged me after saying he was really impressed and didnt know how to fight him :p

Here is a tip when using him, get some distance, do a jump, and do his leg kick move with the short button, his knee should hit the opponent and send him flying back

[quote name='GUNNM']kinda hard to believe that's daigo[/QUOTE]

Not to make excuses for him, but the match could have had lag. I think Daigo dropped almost every combo that wasn't an easy cancel in that video. He's not one known for dropping combos.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Arcade Legacy! Apparently they have changed names and location since the last time I've been! A friend of mine let me know that the "cool manager" owns it now, so I'm going to have to check it all out next weekend.

When it was Legends they had a projector with a couple things hooked up to it (like a cabinet with two sticks in it) and they mostly kept SF4 in it.

Besides tournaments they have a ton of great games and you pay for entry (like twelve bucks) and can stay all day.

Tell them Dayton sent you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Teradon! I'll have to negoiate with the wife on attending Sat. morning/afternoon session.

Congrats on the 1k, bs000! I need to get better so I can get more trials done!

[quote name='GuardianE']Not to make excuses for him, but the match could have had lag. I think Daigo dropped almost every combo that wasn't an easy cancel in that video. He's not one known for dropping combos.[/QUOTE]

I thought gameinn isn't Daigo's personal GT (since he doesn't have an Xbox), but his friend's that he plays on? I could be wrong, but that might explain it.

[quote name='MtlTom']I thought gameinn isn't Daigo's personal GT (since he doesn't have an Xbox), but his friend's that he plays on? I could be wrong, but that might explain it.[/QUOTE]

I think it's his personal tag. I remember Capcom-Unity posting about it, confirming the rumors that forum goers and youtube watchers were spreading about the internet.

Evidence that initially supported it was that gameinn's profile was created after SSFIV was released (shortly after Daigo got sponsored) and his profile shows no other games played. He's also one of the highest ranked Japanese players on XBox Live (or was? Maybe that's changed).

He has the highest guile and ryu in japan last time I checked and in an interview he said he plays on a friends account (gameinn)

ssf4arcade.jpg

I hope they end up adding more than just 2. That's not asking too much is it?

[quote name='bs000']
I hope they end up adding more than just 2. That's not asking too much is it?[/QUOTE]

Calling it now. R.Mika and Rolento.

[quote name='GuardianE']I think it's his personal tag. I remember Capcom-Unity posting about it, confirming the rumors that forum goers and youtube watchers were spreading about the internet.

Evidence that initially supported it was that gameinn's profile was created after SSFIV was released (shortly after Daigo got sponsored) and his profile shows no other games played. He's also one of the highest ranked Japanese players on XBox Live (or was? Maybe that's changed).[/QUOTE]

But just because it is his personal tag doesn't mean he excludes other people from playing on it. He is probably switching off between rounds with his friends or whatever.

When I first heard about his tag I got all excited and started looking for replays with GameInn, until I saw some totally unimpressive ones and realized that you can't prove it's actually Daigo over XBL.

[quote name='Shion']But just because it is his personal tag doesn't mean he excludes other people from playing on it. He is probably switching off between rounds with his friends or whatever.

When I first heard about his tag I got all excited and started looking for replays with GameInn, until I saw some totally unimpressive ones and realized that you can't prove it's actually Daigo over XBL.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I can't see Daigo as being the type to have friends over at his house for some XBox LIVE switch off sessions. I think he'd prefer local play if he had friends over... but that's just speculation on my part. I would think he views XBox LIVE strictly as practice. A player like Daigo approaches the game differently from a casual player. He practices every day.

Seth Killian's post:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/05/19/who_rules_super_street_fighter_iv_online__?pg=2

Daigo himself has admitted it, so it's finally safe to confirm that yes, the feared "gameinn" gamertag (#1 on Xbox Live AND PSN!) is in fact Daigo Umehara playing online.

Most replays of GameInn uploaded are of him losing. Why? Because Daigo never seems upload replays at all (you're only given the option to upload if you win). Of course someone who beats him is going to take the chance to upload that replay, since there's the rumor that it's Daigo (well, not really a rumor since it's confirmed). The Gamertag GameInn wins most of his matches given his character record/score, regardless of who is playing on it, so uploaded replays represent probably 2% of his matches. They're are really not a good representation at all, especially with online play.

It's easy to forget that online play is a completely different beast... ESPECIALLY at the level at which Daigo is playing. The better a player you are, the clearer the differences become. He probably mostly has arcade experience, being in Japan. Nevermind the fact that Daigo doesn't approach online play like it's a money match or tournament. There's nothing on the line, and he's probably more willing to experiment and take risks.

Maybe it's one of his pals playing against that Dan. I really don't think it's far fetched that it's Daigo playing, though.

[quote name='Morphx2']Calling it now.

Flippr The Dolphin and GuardianE as the new characters.[/QUOTE]

Ono is rendering my perfectly chiseled abs as I type this.

My fightpad doesn't work at all. It had been acting a little wonky the last few weeks but now it seems to be dead. When I plug it in, no green lights or anything. I occasionally get a single solid green ring but then it turns off.

Tried multiple breakaway cables & I still get nothing. It won't even recognize on my computer when I plug it in. I guess it's a good thing I don't use pad...

My guess is Elena from SFIII and R.Mika from Alpha.

Yes, two girls to the roster. I figure this is the only way to get the Japanese males to flock to the arcades :)

[quote name='romeogbs19']My guess is Elena from SFIII and R.Mika from Alpha.

Yes, two girls to the roster. I figure this is the only way to get the Japanese males to flock to the arcades :)[/QUOTE]

That'd be awesome, I like them both. So if these new characters do come out, are they going to be released as DLC for consoles, or is this an arcade only thing?

i believe they talked about additional characters as DLC when the game launched...and if they patch the game in any way for the arcade release thats a free update for us console users.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/24/ono-announcements-comic-con-2010/

"A few other things were also revealed today and more stuff is coming.
• Ono said the blank character slots for SSF4 arcade won't be revealed until the Tokyo Game Show in September.

• New alternative costumes in the works for Super Street Fighter 4. Available in the fall, based on past designs. Everyone gets a new costume.

• Capcom will have official tournaments called Capcom Cup competitions utilizing Tournament Mode. This was talked about back when they did tournament mode, but it's nice to see it come to fruition. Started in Japan yesterday, but will happen in all regions soon.

looks like ill be wasting more money on costumes. 3rd strike is pretty fun, i never played it hardcore like mvc2 so I dont know if its gonna be a buy for me.

That Blanka costume is so busy...I love it!

Anyone picking up the complete costume pack? It isn't like Continuum Shift or SCII are coming out this week...

I'll still get em I guess.

[quote name='BackInBlack']That Blanka costume is so busy...I love it!

Anyone picking up the complete costume pack? It isn't like Continuum Shift or SCII are coming out this week...

I'll still get em I guess.[/QUOTE]

I would have picked up the costume pack if Hydro Thunder Hurricane wasn't coming out this week. I got to have priorities...

arcade thing sounds good but i hope they maybe add a turbo edition with more moves levels and chrs hehe.

anyways as soon as i see amazon have the te sticks for 99 again im going in. got like 3 new bad ass sf and tekken games coming up!
but watch my tekken 6 stick be better still tho lol.

[quote name='BackInBlack']
[/QUOTE]
I'm still on the fence but I think I'll get it eventually.

BBCS and SCII both come out this week. I really want to play SCII but I'd also like to stay married, so I guess BBCS it is... :lol:

I've been waiting for the complete costume pack since release date. The classic pack that I received with my pre-order is nice, but not of those characters are my mains.

The new costumes for this fall look great IMO, Love the Chun-Li Alpha costume. That should've been her alt long time ago.

[quote name='Kevfactor']arcade thing sounds good but i hope they maybe add a turbo edition with more moves levels and chrs hehe.

anyways as soon as i see amazon have the te sticks for 99 again im going in. got like 3 new bad ass sf and tekken games coming up!
but watch my tekken 6 stick be better still tho lol.[/QUOTE]

i could of sold you my stick..i bought it from amazon and didnt like it so i sent it back :p

bread's done
Back