Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm still on the fence but I think I'll get it eventually.

BBCS and SCII both come out this week. I really want to play SCII but I'd also like to stay married, so I guess BBCS it is... :lol:[/QUOTE]

SCII sounds nice, but i just wanna play the single player. Gotta turn on pirate mode for that! ARRRrrrrrrrr

[quote name='GuardianE']Well, because bs000 is awesome I now have Super Turbo. If anyone wants to play against a super scrub, let me know. :D[/QUOTE]
fuck YES! We'll have to play sometime soon. Maybe not this week since CS is coming out, but soon! It'd be perfect for a CAG night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MtlTom']fuck YES! We'll have to play sometime soon. Maybe not this week since CS is coming out, but soon! It'd be perfect for a CAG night.[/QUOTE]

I have Super Turbo also. Been wanting to play it since I got my stick back from my kid lol.

Can whoever has the CAG tag download GFWL and then download the free arcade game Tinker and then keep it signed in on their PC because the CAG tag is pretty far down my friends list so I almost always forget it's even there and I'm sure it's the same thing for alot of other people cause I'm on SSSSSF4 alot and never get any invites ever so maybe if the CAG tag were signed in most of the day then maybe we could get some more games going you know I'm just saying.

how good is the hori arcade stick you can get at toys r us? I've never bought one for a next gen console and I saw TRU had some on clearance for $39, is it worth it and how is it compared to the one you can get with Tekken 6 bundle?

[quote name='pimpster4183']how good is the hori arcade stick you can get at toys r us? I've never bought one for a next gen console and I saw TRU had some on clearance for $39, is it worth it and how is it compared to the one you can get with Tekken 6 bundle?[/QUOTE]

The Hori EX3? It's an okay beginner stick, from what I understand, but nothing special... and there's no telling how long it'll last (also a bitch to repair compared to the alternatives). The Tekken 6 one is pretty much a wireless Hori EX3, I think. If you're willing to spend $40, you may as well go a little higher and grab a Standard Edition stick from Madcatz, since I believe it's on sale. Once you wear those buttons/stick out, the stick was designed so that you can easily replace them with arcade parts.

[quote name='bs000']Can whoever has the CAG tag download GFWL and then download the free arcade game Tinker and then keep it signed in on their PC because the CAG tag is pretty far down my friends list so I almost always forget it's even there and I'm sure it's the same thing for alot of other people cause I'm on SSSSSF4 alot and never get any invites ever so maybe if the CAG tag were signed in most of the day then maybe we could get some more games going you know I'm just saying.[/QUOTE]
OK, downloading the GFWL client for Mac OS X now! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Wow, first Street Fighter IV and now SSFIV... I can't win.
9 straight wins in SFIV using Dan
... and now 9 straight using Dan/T.Hawk and fall just short of 10. Lost to a real good Dudley.

So close!

im not really sure how group friends work. all i see for the cga thing is like some blank guy and i randomly get a invite here and there hehe.

Every once in a while, I get in one of those moods where I want to get all into a fighting game and learn a bunch of stuff. Now is one of those times. But I know I'd never have the patience are attention span to do so... hell, I haven't even played this game since 2 months ago.

Tekken X Street Fighter.

GET.
HYPE.

akuma001 is sending me my stick back.. so I'll hopefully get it in the next few days. If anyone wants to play, hollatchyerboy!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Tekken X Street Fighter.

GET.
HYPE.

akuma001 is sending me my stick back.. so I'll hopefully get it in the next few days. If anyone wants to play, hollatchyerboy![/QUOTE]wooooyeah, akuma001 clients reprazent!!

[quote name='BustaUppa']wooooyeah, akuma001 clients reprazent!!
[/QUOTE]

Hollar back youngin, w00t w00t. Yea, Jay's definitely a master when it comes to the stick-fiddlin.

I wonder who the two new characters in the arcade game will be... and if they'll be DLC characters on the console verison. Hmm...

I went through all but 2 of Guy's trials today and I've gotta say he's pretty fun. I might give him a shot next time we get a session going.

Oh and would anyone possibly be interested in a CAG HDR night? I've played with Guardian, Shinobi, and bs this week and I loooooooooove me some HDR. It's great because you don't have to wait nearly as long for a match in a lobby compared to SSF4.

think i might actually get the remix. i just seen a lot of cheap stuff on streams and youtube that sort of scares me tho hehe

[quote name='MtlTom']I went through all but 2 of Guy's trials today and I've gotta say he's pretty fun. I might give him a shot next time we get a session going.

Oh and would anyone possibly be interested in a CAG HDR night? I've played with Guardian, Shinobi, and bs this week and I loooooooooove me some HDR. It's great because you don't have to wait nearly as long for a match in a lobby compared to SSF4.[/QUOTE]

Yea I would be up for it let me know when. This weekend isn't good for me(bro. is getting married)But next week Mon-Fri is good for me ^_^

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Yea I would be up for it let me know when. This weekend isn't good for me(bro. is getting married)But next week Mon-Fri is good for me ^_^[/QUOTE]
OK, maybe next Wednesday night? Anyone is more than welcome to join.

We were going to get a Super lobby last night & I was going to invite you, but unfortunately my internet went out.

[quote name='Kevfactor']think i might actually get the remix. i just seen a lot of cheap stuff on streams and youtube that sort of scares me tho hehe[/QUOTE]
One thing about HDR/ST is a little bit of cheese goes a loooooong way ;).

But seriously, it's a really fun game. Even though it's fast paced, it's a very fundamentals focused game. Some things are much more strict compared to SSF4 (like certain special inputs and reversals) so you can't really mash out things, but that helps execution overall. Easily worth the $15 price tag.

sort of funny people accuse me of using turbo and i cant even pull off a link combo. i just tend to mash crap a lot tho lol

on another note this the last day for them 99$ te sticks from game shark. i think im going to go in so can put this tekken stick to rest and well maybe let my friend use it when he's over here. :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']sort of funny people accuse me of using turbo and i cant even pull off a link combo. i just tend to mash crap a lot tho lol

on another note this the last day for them 99$ te sticks from game shark. i think im going to go in so can put this tekken stick to rest and well maybe let my friend use it when he's over here. :)[/QUOTE]

It's especially funny since it's now possible to prove if someone's using Turbo via replays. Accusations are silly when there's proof sitting on your harddrive!

I recently purchased this game and like it but it has too many fireball spammers and its the same characters over and over ryu,ken,akuma and that old guy.

[quote name='Jay']I recently purchased this game and like it but it has too many fireball spammers and its the same characters over and over ryu,ken,akuma and that old guy.[/QUOTE]

Those bastards! Don't they know that there's no zoning allowed in SSF4?

[quote name='GuardianE']Especially the old guy![/QUOTE]

Rules for a fair and honorable fight in Street Fighter:

1. You cannot use the same move twice in a row.
  2. There must be at least 10 seconds of game time between projectiles thrown by one player.
  3. No throwing allowed.
  4. No glitch where it's supposed to hit in front of you but hits you on the other side unless it's a move that's supposed to hit you on the other side like Chun-Li's df.hk (also known as cross-ups)
  5. No bandwagoning (ie. choosing the same character that a player like Diago or Justin Wong uses).
  6. No cheesing allowed.
  7. No comboing into ultra. Only wake-up ultras are allowed.
  8. Sagat is banned.
  9. No zoning allowed.
  10. No overheads allowed.
  11. You cannot win too much. If you start winning alot, it's because you are being cheap.
  12. No chip damage wins allowed.
  13. No resets allowed.
  14. No mix-ups allowed.
  15. No combos allowed unless it's a 2-in-1 (ie. mashed cr.hp canceled into mashed hp.shoryuken).
  16. No cheap moves allowed (including, but not limited to scissor kick, head stomp, blanka ball, wall dive, lariat, command grabs, headbutt, butt slam, air fireball, thunder knuckle, burning kick, all of Dhalsim's limbs, marseiles roll, slides, raging demon, wrath of the raging demon,breathless, turn punch, cannon drill, cannon spike, jacknife maximum, kunai, neck breaker, ex messiah, shikusen, pinwheel kick, flashkick, senkughoshoa, gekiro, shunpuu kyaku, rising jaguar, jaguar tooth, soul spiral, tostada press, fajita buster, gordita sobat, machine gun blow, teleport, wheel kick, dash swing blow, headbutt, rekka, flaming kick, elbow drop, bushin senpunyaku, oil slide, tomahawk, condor dive, hayate).
  17. If you break any of the above rules, even by accident, you forfeit the round and you have to stand still until your opponent takes away the rest of your health.
Be a man and take a stand against lamerz for honorable play.

[quote name='bs000']Rules for a fair and honorable fight in Street Fighter:

1. You cannot use the same move twice in a row.
  2. There must be at least 10 seconds of game time between projectiles thrown by one player.
  3. No throwing allowed.
  4. No glitch where it's supposed to hit in front of you but hits you on the other side unless it's a move that's supposed to hit you on the other side like Chun-Li's df.hk (also known as cross-ups)
  5. No bandwagoning (ie. choosing the same character that a player like Diago or Justin Wong uses).
  6. No cheesing allowed.
  7. No comboing into ultra. Only wake-up ultras are allowed.
  8. Sagat is banned.
  9. No zoning allowed.
  10. No overheads allowed.
  11. You cannot win too much. If you start winning alot, it's because you are being cheap.
  12. No chip damage wins allowed.
  13. No resets allowed.
  14. No mix-ups allowed.
  15. No combos allowed unless it's a 2-in-1 (ie. mashed cr.hp canceled into mashed hp.shoryuken).
  16. No cheap moves allowed (including, but not limited to scissor kick, head stomp, blanka ball, wall dive, lariat, command grabs, headbutt, butt slam, air fireball, thunder knuckle, burning kick, all of Dhalsim's limbs, marseiles roll, slides, raging demon, wrath of the raging demon,breathless, turn punch, cannon drill, cannon spike, jacknife maximum, kunai, neck breaker, ex messiah, shikusen, pinwheel kick, flashkick, senkughoshoa, gekiro, shunpuu kyaku, rising jaguar, jaguar tooth, soul spiral, tostada press, fajita buster, gordita sobat, machine gun blow, teleport, wheel kick, dash swing blow, headbutt, rekka, flaming kick, elbow drop, bushin senpunyaku, oil slide, tomahawk, condor dive, hayate).
  17. If you break any of the above rules, even by accident, you forfeit the round and you have to stand still until your opponent takes away the rest of your health.
Be a man and take a stand against lamerz for honorable play.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? This is a joke, right?

Some of those moves listed leave certain characters with practically nothing... just learn to anticipate and block better.

Ah, the Scrub Code of Honor.

That reminds me of a conversation that happened during a match with a friend the other day.

Me: *cr.jab, cr.jab, cr. short -> special*
Him: So basically if you connect those jabs, there's nothing I can do to stop you from hitting a special?
Me: No, not unless I miss the link.
Him: Man, that's so cheap.
Me: LOL it's not cheap, it's called hit confirming. *Punishes his whiffed wakeup flash kick with a cr.strong -> headbutt -> ultra*

[quote name='bs000']Rules for a fair and honorable fight in Street Fighter:
You cannot use the same move twice in a row.
  1. There must be at least 10 seconds of game time between projectiles thrown by one player.
  2. No throwing allowed.
  3. No glitch where it's supposed to hit in front of you but hits you on the other side unless it's a move that's supposed to hit you on the other side like Chun-Li's df.hk (also known as cross-ups)
  4. No bandwagoning (ie. choosing the same character that a player like Diago or Justin Wong uses).
  5. No cheesing allowed.
  6. No comboing into ultra. Only wake-up ultras are allowed.
  7. Sagat is banned.
  8. No zoning allowed.
  9. No overheads allowed.
  10. You cannot win too much. If you start winning alot, it's because you are being cheap.
  11. No chip damage wins allowed.
  12. No resets allowed.
  13. No mix-ups allowed.
  14. No combos allowed unless it's a 2-in-1 (ie. mashed cr.hp canceled into mashed hp.shoryuken).
  15. No cheap moves allowed (including, but not limited to scissor kick, head stomp, blanka ball, wall dive, lariat, command grabs, headbutt, butt slam, air fireball, thunder knuckle, burning kick, all of Dhalsim's limbs, marseiles roll, slides, raging demon, wrath of the raging demon,breathless, turn punch, cannon drill, cannon spike, jacknife maximum, kunai, neck breaker, ex messiah, shikusen, pinwheel kick, flashkick, senkughoshoa, gekiro, shunpuu kyaku, rising jaguar, jaguar tooth, soul spiral, tostada press, fajita buster, gordita sobat, machine gun blow, teleport, wheel kick, dash swing blow, headbutt, rekka, flaming kick, elbow drop, bushin senpunyaku, oil slide, tomahawk, condor dive, hayate).
  16. If you break any of the above rules, even by accident, you forfeit the round and you have to stand still until your opponent takes away the rest of your health.
Be a man and take a stand against lamerz for honorable play.[/QUOTE]

I move that "no cheesing" be stricken from the official rules of honorable fighter, unless "cheesing" is clearly defined in the context of the guidelines. Until such time, "cheesing" is an ambiguous term, and therefore up for interpretation. Even the plain language meaning of "cheesing" would render the provision redundant.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Seriously? This is a joke, right?

Some of those moves listed leave certain characters with practically nothing... just learn to anticipate and block better.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it is a joke.

[quote name='GuardianE']
Yep, it is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I don't joke about Street Fighter etiquette.

cat.cats.funny.pussy.black.white.yellow.picture.pictures.lol.cute.fat.list.pics.kitty.kitten.kitties.sleep.lovely.fun.lolcat.computer.food.dogs.prt.pets.toys.serious721.jpg

Hey bs000, I saw your invite tonight, sorry I couldn't play. I wanted to but me and my friends are having a girls tournament coming up. We all get a girl to train and to see who's better at learning or teaching. Then we bet for our fight money. Teaching someone that has never played a game is hard stuff, I'm sure she forgot everything already.

Yeah I got your invite as well bs but I think I was watching Netflix with the wife. By the way, I think you need to demand that Goozex sends you your copy of BBCS ;).

Oh and I regret to inform you all broke the Scrub Code of Honor today - I attempted to win a round with Guy using only his flip throw. Unfortunately my opponent caught on just before I could finish him. Needless to say, he was pretty salty.

I hate that it's impossible to play mind games with people who don't think while they play :cry:.

[quote name='MtlTom']Yeah I got your invite as well bs but I think I was watching Netflix with the wife. By the way, I think you need to demand that Goozex sends you your copy of BBCS ;).

Oh and I regret to inform you all broke the Scrub Code of Honor today - I attempted to win a round with Guy using only his flip throw. Unfortunately my opponent caught on just before I could finish him. Needless to say, he was pretty salty.

I hate that it's impossible to play mind games with people who don't think while they play :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Mind games? I just press buttons.

Here are the real rules to fair Street Fighter games.

#1 - No Items...er...projectiles
#2 - Ryu Only
#3 - Final Destination...er...Japan

bread's done
Back