Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Halloween II (Rob Zombie version) - wow I thought the first was bad enough but this one is even worse. Rob turned myers from a mask wearing killer to a hobo looking killer and that pretty much sums up the whole movie.

Transformers 2 - This was the worst movie I've seen in fucking ages. It just kept getting stupider and stupider. It wasn't even stuff that could be brushed aside as typical action movie fluff.

Questions like, if Transformers can more or less flawlessly replicate humans, why bother changing into vehicles. Just disguise yourself as friends/family of the people you want to kill and assassinate them.

There's also the question of, why are all the Autobots shit like cars and trucks while the Decepticons inhabit military vehicles and the like. If (for example), Optimus was a fucking battleship or an aircraft carrier instead of a truck, he could've spanked the shit out of those three robots that killed him.

Oh, and the final battle was a joke. The humans (that magically appeared out of nowhere with aircraft that can't fly off of aircraft carriers (Hi F-16s and the A-10s)) were beating the shit out of the Decepticons. I realize that, "Only the Primes can defeat the Fallen" or whatever but why not make it obvious that the Fallen was different?

During action sequences, all the Deceptions look the same, they're silver/grey and spiky. At least with the Autobots, you can pick out who is who.

It's like everything that should have made some bit of sci-fi sense didn't make sense and there were no explanations given for why things didn't make sense.

That one motherfucker had nuts. I mean, are you shitting me. The only thing that could've made it worse would have been if he had cracked open a mountain dew tanker truck and snowboarded down that pyramid.

Worst shit ever, I could rant about it for hours. Michael Bay should be fired into the sun.

[quote name='Halo05']Transformers 2 - This was the worst movie I've seen in fucking ages. It just kept getting stupider and stupider. It wasn't even stuff that could be brushed aside as typical action movie fluff.

Questions like, if Transformers can more or less flawlessly replicate humans, why bother changing into vehicles. Just disguise yourself as friends/family of the people you want to kill and assassinate them.

There's also the question of, why are all the Autobots shit like cars and trucks while the Decepticons inhabit military vehicles and the like. If (for example), Optimus was a fucking battleship or an aircraft carrier instead of a truck, he could've spanked the shit out of those three robots that killed him.

Oh, and the final battle was a joke. The humans (that magically appeared out of nowhere with aircraft that can't fly off of aircraft carriers (Hi F-16s and the A-10s)) were beating the shit out of the Decepticons. I realize that, "Only the Primes can defeat the Fallen" or whatever but why not make it obvious that the Fallen was different?

During action sequences, all the Deceptions look the same, they're silver/grey and spiky. At least with the Autobots, you can pick out who is who.

It's like everything that should have made some bit of sci-fi sense didn't make sense and there were no explanations given for why things didn't make sense.

That one motherfucker had nuts. I mean, are you shitting me. The only thing that could've made it worse would have been if he had cracked open a mountain dew tanker truck and snowboarded down that pyramid.

Worst shit ever, I could rant about it for hours. Michael Bay should be fired into the sun.[/QUOTE]

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php

[quote name='Halo05']

Worst shit ever, I could rant about it for hours. Michael Bay should be fired into the sun.[/QUOTE]

QFT, easily the worst movie of 2009.

[quote name='tcrash247']http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php[/QUOTE]

That sums it up better than I did. Everyone should read that and spare themselves 2 1/2 hours of terrible movie.

EDIT - The danger of staggeringly bad reviews is that they can tempt people into seeing a movie. I was a victim of this. I was away from movies all summer so the news of "Transformers 2 sucked" was kind of intriguing to me. I thought, "Wait a second, the first one was better than I thought it would be, how much worse could the second movie in the same franchise be?" I was so shocked that it was much, much worse than I was expecting.

single white female - 6-7/10
zombie wars - 6/10 - couldve gave it more but it was a B movie. Had a decent story though.
batman vs dracula - 9/10 - netflix instant...seriously, who can fuck with dracula? friggin batman thats who..didnt think it was going to be good but this was very good and very serious like the old batman episodes. im a batman fan.

transformers 2 was bad but not as bad as halo makes it out to be. all of what u say is true but michael bay was in charge of this. What did u expect? i expected nonsense action and explosions and these things happened. i was thoroughly entertained while watching it.

Vengence - French singer Johnny Hallyday playing a bad ass hitman turned chef. It's a story that Johnny To has done quite a few times but not with the level of what is in the film. Everyone in on top of their game. Great film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjITgMfD4w

Metal Attraction: Kung Fu Cyborg - Jeffrey Lau with a blank check and no supervision. Story makes no sense, has bad pacing and filled with over acting...everything you expect from Lau. He tries to outdo Michael Bay's Transformers and he in fact passes Bay. Seeing giant robots doing martial arts is a feast for the eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRoVhNTniw

[quote name='Halo05']That sums it up better than I did. Everyone should read that and spare themselves 2 1/2 hours of terrible movie.

EDIT - The danger of staggeringly bad reviews is that they can tempt people into seeing a movie. I was a victim of this. I was away from movies all summer so the news of "Transformers 2 sucked" was kind of intriguing to me. I thought, "Wait a second, the first one was better than I thought it would be, how much worse could the second movie in the same franchise be?" I was so shocked that it was much, much worse than I was expecting.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't find Transformers 2 to be that bad. About the same as the first for me. It was enjoyable seeing it on the big screen for the fight scenes, but not chance in hell I'll watch either movie again. Pretty much the usual for cheesy summer action flicks. Pay $10 to shut off my brain, any expectations of quality and watch some good action sequences with terrible plot, acting and dialogue in between them for a couple hours, and give it no more though afterwards.

Giant Shark Vs. Mega Octopus - I saw this shitbomb coming from a mile away but I wanted a good laugh. This movie was SOOOOOOOOO bad, the CGI is terrible, the acting is terrible, the plot is terrible. They also didn't have enough of either prehistoric beast in it. Thank you Netflix for letting me see this terribad movie, I loves me some cheese!

Carriers-2009
I normally am big fan of zombies and when I put this in my Netflix queue I thought that was what it was, but this movie had nothing do with them. The only similarity to it was that both were contagious diseases. Now I have not watched too many movies about disease alone but this one was surprisingly good. The ending is predictable but my wife and I talked about it and agree it was possibly the only way to end the movie without ruining the movie. I think it was definitely is worth a watch.

The Lovely Bones - was an almost great movie.... The CG parts really took you out of any moments you were in and the ending was bittersweet. Peter Jackson could have done much better..according to my wife it also strays away from the book at odd places

[quote name='fart_bubble']Vengence - French singer Johnny Hallyday playing a bad ass hitman turned chef. It's a story that Johnny To has done quite a few times but not with the level of what is in the film. Everyone in on top of their game. Great film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjITgMfD4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRoVhNTniw[/QUOTE]

Thanks or reminding me about this film. Hopefully Hallyday gets better, last I heard he was in the hospital. Have you seen Wasabi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oaL-8shjj0

Only thing similiar to Vengance is it has a french man (Jean Reno) in a Asian country. I saw it when it came out a while ago and really enjoyed it.

ramen girl - 8/10 - brittany murphy plays a white girl in japan trying to become a noodle chef. yea..
ping pong playa - 8/10 - chinese guy thinks hes gangsta and ping pong is involved.

this is probably the best of netflix...going to end my netflix subscription in a few weeks. terrible, terrible selections. i would say about 10% or less of the instant views are movies that people want to watch.

[quote name='lawdood']The Apartment (Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacClaine and Fred MacMurray)

I'm starting to appreciate the old movie classics and watched this one for the first time. If Judd Apatow were making films in 1960...it mighta turned out something like this. Great movie; part comedy, part drama, great performances.[/QUOTE]
I love The Apartment!
If you're looking to get into more classics, I dove in early last year, and am now addicted.
Let me know if you want some recommendations!

[quote name='homeland']Thanks or reminding me about this film. Hopefully Hallyday gets better, last I heard he was in the hospital. Have you seen Wasabi?[/QUOTE]

yeah, bought the dvd when it came out. Pretty good under-rated Jean Reno film.

Flying Daggers - when it comes to HK comedy, this classic is top of the list. No matter how many times I watch it, it's still hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJAdBimMpQ

Shaolin Girl - Spin off of Shaolin Soccer made by the same people (with Japanese crew involved) and deals with lacross instead of soccer. Quite good, looks great on Blu-Ray and Shibasaki Kou is as smoking hot as ever. Still surprised this hasn't come out over here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHm2YQ-xAuI

Extract - It was good but not as good as it should have been.

Paranormal Activity - I liked it a bunch. It is one of those movies that is great if you can get into the right mindset and setting.

Terminator Salvation.

Thought it was decent, probably better than Terminator 3. Some good action scenes, got a bit cheesy at times though.

Harlan County, USA - A documentary about coal-mining strikes, unions, and the like during the 1970s. Very interesting stuff if a bit one-sided (all miners are good and pure, all company men are evil and without souls).

[quote name='mr_burnzz']ramen girl - 8/10 - brittany murphy plays a white girl in japan trying to become a noodle chef. yea..
ping pong playa - 8/10 - chinese guy thinks hes gangsta and ping pong is involved.

this is probably the best of netflix...going to end my netflix subscription in a few weeks. terrible, terrible selections. i would say about 10% or less of the instant views are movies that people want to watch.[/QUOTE]

I finally watched Ping Pong Playa (through the Instant Watch feature of Netflix) last night and it is funnier than I thought it would be. I signed up for Netflix yesterday and have to say that their Instant Watch is kind of lacking but I will probably use it to catch up on TV series I have been wanting to see.

[quote name='Malik112099']Brothers - really good. Nice to see Toby McGuire (sp?) in a serious grown up role.[/QUOTE]

You've never seen The Cider House? You should, because The Cider House rules!

Coraline
Paper Heart
Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels

All 3 of these movies were tremendous in their own ways. Lock Stock was a great action movie with a fun story, and just oozed Guy Ritchie's creativity. Paper Heart was a fun little comedy mockumentary with a semi-likable Michael Cera and a very likable Charlene Yi as the leads, and Coraline was just a great animated movie with fun characters and a unique plot.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']
this is probably the best of netflix...going to end my netflix subscription in a few weeks. terrible, terrible selections. i would say about 10% or less of the instant views are movies that people want to watch.[/QUOTE]

Really? I usually have around 50-75 things on my Instant Queue at any given time. Pretty decent selection of older movies, foreign films, indie films and documentaries IMO.

Not good if you're only wanting to watch recent, mainstrem releases. But that's what the disc rentals are for. And you're paying for the disc rentals with the streaming as a free bonus (they didn't up fees when the streaming started), so I certainly can't complain.

A Dangerous Man - 3/5 - decent effort from Seagal. He needs to lose the gut. Throughout the entire film he has a coat on to cover his beerbelly. The action is pretty solid with a lot of comedy in the dialog. Whenever Seagal trys to act hip or says 'watch it white boy' the movie is so fantastic. The action scenes with Seagal are sped up a bit. I am guessing it was done to make the action seem a bit more intense but they are a little awkward due to the speed being a little inconsistent or too sudden. This is one of the better Seagal films in the past few years and probably worth watching if you are fan of oldman Seagal beating up the cops & the chinese mob.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Really? I usually have around 50-75 things on my Instant Queue at any given time. Pretty decent selection of older movies, foreign films, indie films and documentaries IMO.

Not good if you're only wanting to watch recent, mainstrem releases. But that's what the disc rentals are for. And you're paying for the disc rentals with the streaming as a free bonus (they didn't up fees when the streaming started), so I certainly can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have 150+ in my instant queue and 70+ that are on the bottom of my queue that I never did watch before they took them off of instant queue.

Speaking of instant queue:
They Call Me Bruce - I haven't seen this in 15+ years and it is still a great comedy. If you like cheese flicks, early 80's or kung fu flicks you must see this.

500 Days Of Summer - not what I was expecting but in a good way

Moon - Sam rockwell did a great job of carrying this movie all by himself....liked it a lot

I Love You, Beth Cooper

Eh, it was better than I was expecting, but I was expecting a shitfest. Plus, I read the book well before it was even being considered being made into a movie, and I loved it, so my expectations based on the source material were enormous. Still, not terrible, and it had a lot of the same jokes as the books (which are funnier in books, they seem played out in movies). Ending was also different, but the book ending doesn't really translate well to a movie ending. Wow, just analyzed that a lot more than I wanted to. Oh well.

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra - Never being a fan of the toys or anything GI Joe I expected to not like it that much. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a cool movie. The action was good, the effects for the most part were good. Definitely a good action popcorn movie.

Beowulf - liked it....im glad they went all out on the animation...made the "monsters" seem more real than if everyone was real and the monsters were CG.....good flick and Angelina Jolie (even though it was a body double) is SMOKIN when she comes out of the water

fuck, my instant queue is over 500 strong, with links sitting in a folder in my bookmarks. I am a whore from Troma and similarly schlocky gorefests though.

Since my last post, I saw Memento and The Hangover. Latter was absolutely hysterical.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I am a whore from Troma and similarly schlocky gorefests though.[/QUOTE]

I watched Citizen Toxey not too long ago and I thought I was going to die from laughing. The Lemmy cameos were the best.

The Invention of Lying - great movie....i didnt know anything about it going in and was surprised how much I liked it and it had cameos GALORE

Pandorum - I don't know. It was decent. I felt like I should have seen the first twist coming a mile away, but I was tired. The second twist I didn't see coming at all, but it still didn't blow me away. Thus.............decent.

The Transporter

Pretty awesome mindless action movie. I can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

The Transporter 2

Wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it had some enjoyable parts.

Superbad

Dogma

Blade

It was a pretty good movie, but I really don't get why everyone seems to love it so much.

Rachel Getting Married. Not as spectacular as it was hyped up to be, but I was glued to the screen for the duration and that's enough for me.

Reminded me of In The Bedroom, Virgin Suicides, and The Ice Storm. Weird arthouse shit that I really dig.

The Perfect Getaway - The ending was pretty funny (which I don't think was intentional) but the flick wasn't bad. Looked great in HD to boot

bread's done
Back