Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

House of Wax(1953 version):

That opening fight scene was  pretty damn impressive(on top of being dangerous). It's a solid horror film;with a great performance from Vincent Price.

Sleepy Hollow

Corpse Bride

The Monuments Men

Yurusarezaru mono (Unforgiven)

Like Father Like Son

Watched all these over the last few days for the first time.

Tusk - Uh, I don't even know.  It was stupid as fuck; I can't believe this got made.  I guess it was kinda funny?  I'm not sure, it was super bizarre.

Cap 2 Winter Soldier -

Chris Evans and Scarlett have no chemistry lol Not a fan of goverment conspiracy type movies so one third of the movie was just boring to me. The action scenes were cool, though

Last edited by a moderator:
The Garden of Words:

Some of the best animation I've seen in a film. The film got a lot done in it's 46 minutes. Got a bit too melodramatic at the end,but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Tusk - Uh, I don't even know. It was stupid as fuck; I can't believe this got made. I guess it was kinda funny? I'm not sure, it was super bizarre.
The trailer made the movie look pretty horrible and word of mouth seems to confirm that.

I'll usually go see any horror movie, but not this one.

Death Machine:

A fun B movie mostly due to Brad Dourif's performance as a psychotic Tommy Wiseau.
6463791_std.jpg

The trailer made the movie look pretty horrible and word of mouth seems to confirm that.

I'll usually go see any horror movie, but not this one.
I wouldn't say it's a good movie and maybe because the audience I saw it with was cool, but I had a lot of fun watching it.

The Book of Life 3D - 5/5 - I loved the spanish accent. Musical and arts was classic!

The Boxtrolls 3D (Premiere) - 4/5 - It was awesome!

I wouldn't say it's a good movie and maybe because the audience I saw it with was cool, but I had a lot of fun watching it.
It would have been way more fun with a fun audience, but there were 4 people other than me in my theater. There was an old couple that was grossed out, I'm not sure what they were expecting.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if I listened to Kevin Smith's podcast, apparently it was filled with jokes relating to it.

It would have been way more fun with a fun audience, but there were 4 people other than me in my theater. There was an old couple that was grossed out, I'm not sure what they were expecting.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if I listened to Kevin Smith's podcast, apparently it was filled with jokes relating to it.
When you have to listen to a podcast to get jokes in a movie, I mean, what are we doing here?

That's not the case. It kinda adds to understanding what they were going for with the movie, but not listening doesn't detract from it.
Ok. In any case, I liked Red State and if you told me Smith had directed it without knowing, I wouldn't believe it. So I would be interested in watching Tusk with an open mind. I'm not big into horror movies though.

Batman Assault on Asylum

Very fun little movie, probably my favorite animated yet. Harley stole the show, she is hilarious. This was just balls out very fast paced. 5/5

[quote name="TooMuchCoolness" post="12112488" timestamp="1411414653"]Batman Assault on Asylum

Very fun little movie, probably my favorite animated yet. Harley stole the show, she is hilarious. This was just balls out very fast paced. 5/5[/quote]
My least favorite animated DC movie in Batman universe.

Maleficent: cool SFX, cool for kids but too bad it's rushed.

Dallas Buyers Club:

Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto were excellent. A really wonderful film.

The Wings of Eagles:

It was a good biopic. One of John Wayne's better performances.

Also saw Captain America: the Winter Soldier. Read that they wanted to use more practical effects, but considering the plot went all Minority Report on us, at least those parts were done awesomely. The Falcon is indeed a cool character, will be very glad to see him in Cap 3. Hilarious that everybody thought Redford was the Red Skull for a bit, though the computer thing in the base was a major WTF.

Watched most of Romancing the Stone. Loved the soundtrack, made it feel more like a Lupin movie than a typical swashbuckling feature. Wow, Chandler's Dad is hawt, and surprised they showed that in a G movie.

I'd personally go 7.5/10 for Moon. 

I recently saw Neighbors.  Damn, I enjoyed it from start to finish.  The Robert De Niro party lol and damn that baby was f'ing adorable!  8.5/10

12 Years a Slave:

I believe Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender both should won for their performances in this. The film is a masterpiece. I loved the cinematography which was amazing.

12 Years a Slave:

I believe Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender both should won for their performances in this. The film is a masterpiece. I loved the cinematography which was amazing.
Great movie, but I found it surprising Lupita Nyong'o won an Oscar for Supporting Actress. Nothing wrong with her acting, but her screen time seemed limited to say the least. Atleast, thats how I remember it.

Why did you guys rate Moon so high?

Anyway, Petty Romance -7/10. It's really raunchy, but Lee Seongyun's awesomeness increased the quality in a respectable way.

That reminds me. Why can't anyone say sarang correctly in Moon? It made me want to punch something.

Why did you guys rate Moon so high?

Anyway, Petty Romance -7/10. It's really raunchy, but Lee Seongyun's awesomeness increased the quality in a respectable way.

That reminds me. Why can't anyone say sarang correctly in Moon? It made me want to punch something.
Preference? Nothing much else to say.

Preference? Nothing much else to say.
Shocking as it seems, people havw different tastes and opinions. Mind = blown.

22 Jump Street - was a funny movie, some parts got tiring but generally a fun watch. 7.5/10

The purge anarchy - thought this would be shit but surprised it was a pretty decent watch. Starting was slow. Frank Grillo was really cool in his role. 6.5/10

Time of EVE: The Movie

It's a great thought-provoking film.It did have some corny humor,but it didn't hamper it.

The Hatchet Man:

Despite the whitewashed casting(Edward G. Robinson as a Chinese assassin) it was decent. Worth it for the ending.

Thats cool I'd like to see that, I watched the anime way back and really liked it.

Last film I watched was X-Men Days of Future Past. It was alright, I am not really into this going back to the 60s / 70s X-Men setting. As I don't think most of the actors suit the younger versions. 

Just finished Cyrano Agency just a few minutes ago. I'll say 7/10. It has some interesting stuff happening in the beginning but the writer struggled around the time the conflict was made clear. It has its moments after that, but it's not all coherent.

Chef - 7.25/10

Good, solid movie.  You can tell how much love was put into the food aspect of this John Favreau movie.  Great, up beat soundtrack/live music.  I believe it had a few famous food spots mixed in there so if you're from Austin, Miami or New Orleans, you might recognize a spot or two.

PS: Great cleanser after watching Pet Sematary.  Jesus, I don't remember it being that horrible.  4/10.

bread's done
Back