Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Alice in wonderland(2010) with the hate it got i still netflixed it and i enjoyed it.

also i forgot how awesome James and the Gaint peach is.

uhhh watched a few more Andy Sidaris films

The Dallas Connection - 3/5
Savage Beach - 2/5
Picasso Trigger - 3/5

Wolfman - 2/5 - I don't think Del Toro looked interested at all once in the film, he looked bored out of his mind and it was hella entertaining.The best moment in Wolfman has Anthony Hopkins staring down Emily Blunt on the staircase. She says something to him and he just stares at her and chews on an apple slice. Its funny for all the wrong reasons. I am sure the scene is meant to be creepy or weird but it ends up being hysterical. Definitely do not see the movie for the horror/gore or story. If there is any reason to see Wolfman it is to see how awful Del Toro can be & how awesome Anthony Hopkins is staring down people.

Next on the dvr... Dinocroc vs Supergator, Sharks in Venice & Daybreakers

[quote name='chimpster1313']Just watched Triangle on Netflix because Netflix said I should watch it. Very interesting psychological thriller that I wasn't expecting much out of. I highly recommend that if you decide to watch it, don't research it. I didn't. I think my only problem is that I was expecting to be scared at some point and I never truly was. I was intrigued and it kept my attention throughout, so I guess that's much more important.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I think me and you are the only ones on the planet that watched that. It was pretty cool. That chick was awesome as hell in it. I think she was the cop in that Alaska vampire movie. Fourty Days Of Night or whatever.

[quote name='Pavel6969']The A-Team. If you know what you are getting into beforehand, ie crazy action, ridiculous story, thank you will enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, sorta.. it was actually the second to last film I watched and it was awesome. I then saw Jonah Hex which wasn't as fun, bah :whistle2:#. Will pick up A-Team for sure when it's released.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Wow, I think me and you are the only ones on the planet that watched that. It was pretty cool. That chick was awesome as hell in it. I think she was the cop in that Alaska vampire movie. Fourty Days Of Night or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yes, a fellow Triangle watcher! Yeah, staring down the box art all I could think was that it looked like pure dreck, and it was actually pretty sweet. Her name's Melissa George. She was really good, you're right.

Also watched Sunshine Cleaning. It was enjoyable. I never realized how attractive in an interesting way Emily Blunt is, but she is. Also, CLIFTON COLLINS JR. That's all.

^
Watched Triangle back in april, add me to the Triangle watcher list! The dvd art gave me false hope. I thought Triangle was gonna be a slasher film with a guy with a burlap sack running around on a boat, its definitely not that but still pretty decent movie. Definitely overlooked movie.
Melissa George ftw!

time travelers wife - eh..i was thinking it was a chick flick but it kinda wasn't. i didnt care for it much.

shutter island - i thought this was great.

The Most Dangerous Game - It's hard to watch classics and truly appreciate them anymore, but this one was really good.

Big Fan - Wasn't the biggest fan of this. HUH? HUH? See what I did there? I dunno, it was decent, but I was really hoping to like it more. A good story about the conflict of interest when your favorite player on your favorite teams beats the shit out of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Man 2. Finally got around to seeing it last night. Not as good at the first, but I still liked it a lot. Rourke and Rockwell were great in it.

Fish Story - A sort of tall tale comedy that I just love. This is the same director who did the slightly more recent Golden Slumbers(out on dvd in August I think). I think he's possibly my new favorite Japanese director.

If you're into interwoven character story lines, a dash of anime style, and music themes, then totally go for the two aforementioned movies. I don't know why but both movies put me in a better mood than I was in before I started watching them.

Percy Jackson And The Olympians The Lightning Thief-Finally got to see it and i really actually enjoyed it i thought it would be boring learning about all the greek gods and stuff like that but man pretty good

Alice In Wonderland-It was a good movie i enjoyed it

Last edited by a moderator:
The Road - Solid performance by Viggo Mortenson, but a lack of chemistry between and and his young co-star, Kodi Smit-McPhee, really hurt the film. What have should an extremely emotional and difficult relationship between child and father seemed rather muted. For a film that concentrates on the emotional impact of this unspecified Armageddon, I really didn't feel any real depth to it. Also, I loved the scenery and background work, but the film did not seem to have a very good pacing to it, languishing between scene to scene. I was expecting so much more based on what other had said of the film, other film reviewers, imdb, etc. I don't know, perhaps it was bit over-hyped at this point.

The Crazies - don't have time to right a snippet review, but it was very enjoyable. One of the better horror remakes from this past generation of horror films. Definitely on par with Snyder's Dawn of the day remake.

The movie The Road is decent, but what's excellent is all the shit you think of after watching it. I must have thought about the people with missing thumbs for an hour after I watched it, then again the next day while bored at work.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The movie The Road is decent, but what's excellent is all the shit you think of after watching it. I must have thought about the people with missing thumbs for an hour after I watched it, then again the next day while bored at work.[/QUOTE]

Why were those people missing their thumbs anyway?

The Quick and the Dead-- how did I miss this??? Its like Street Fighter with cowboys and guns! Russell Crowe was cool in a Han Solo kinda way and Leo had me excited for Inception. Kinda sad Sony didnt squeeze out one more Spidey with the old crew... sigh.

Do or Die - 3/5 - Another Andy Sidaris films featuring Cynthia Brimhall. Many scenes of action and 'needing to change clothes'. One of the better Sidaris films there is a computer program called 'Death Game' that dispatches assassins to take out the LETHAL girls. Once they die the computer program slowly scrolls them over to the 'dead zone'. Its over the top stupid and ridiculous. Definitely a lot of fun to be had. Also Do or Die has Erik Estrada and Pat Morita....if thats worth anything to you.

Crazies - 3/5 - average, disappointed there was no woman sweeping grass in a giant field like the original. It could have been much worse. Definitely enjoyed Timothy Olyphant shooting or jacking dudes in the face.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Why were those people missing their thumbs anyway?[/QUOTE]

It's never really explained. I don't even think the author was ever convinced to reveal why either.

Some think it was people "testing" whether they could be cannibals or not. Some think it's a sign of thiefs that were kicked out of communities.

But I think it's the most complex answer. Some think those were people that escaped "farms" like the one with all the people in the basement, that the missing thumbs were a way of "hobbling" someone so they could not wield weapons, or at least not effectively enough to be a threat to their captors. The missing thumbs also symbolizes that that person is just an "animal" (ie: livestock).

[quote name='naiku']Do or Die - 3/5 - Another Andy Sidaris films featuring Cynthia Brimhall. Many scenes of action and 'needing to change clothes'. One of the better Sidaris films there is a computer program called 'Death Game' that dispatches assassins to take out the LETHAL girls. Once they die the computer program slowly scrolls them over to the 'dead zone'. Its over the top stupid and ridiculous. Definitely a lot of fun to be had. Also Do or Die has Erik Estrada and Pat Morita....if thats worth anything to you.

[/QUOTE]

Is it better than "Hard Ticket to Hawaii"?

National Lampoon Vacation and European Vacation

Both great, first better though.

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

:lol:

[quote name='saunderscowie']National Lampoon Vacation and European Vacation

Both great, first better though.

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

:lol:

[/QUOTE]

That one is great and here's probably my favorite Clark Griswold rant:

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

:lol: :rofl:

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Is it better than "Hard Ticket to Hawaii"?[/QUOTE]

Hard ticket is better but this is definitely second in the series. Hard ticket has the cancer snake and a guy hiding behind a blowup doll skateboarding. Do or Die has 'batgirl', estrada throwing baseballs at a guy w/ a shotgun and some facepalm worthy 1liners.

Toy Story 3 - Goddamn, I have never full on cried during a movie but this movie killed me at the end. I was sobbing like a baby. Other than that, the movie was fantastic. I don't understand how anyone can not like this movie. Best movie of the year so far, but Tron Legacy could steal that honor in December.

Finally saw Zombieland, very disappointed considering everyone I know loved it. The funny parts were already in the trailer, and everything else was just ehhh. Surprised it got so much praise, but I guess were going through a zombie/vampire phase these days.

[quote name='naiku']Hard ticket is better but this is definitely second in the series. Hard ticket has the cancer snake and a guy hiding behind a blowup doll skateboarding. Do or Die has 'batgirl', estrada throwing baseballs at a guy w/ a shotgun and some facepalm worthy 1liners.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I might have check it out then! :lol:

Daredevil

You know, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Yea, it had some terrible CG, and an absolutely ATROCIOUS soundtrack, but it could've been a lot worse. I'm actually intrigued by the director's cut (which is apparently darker and more true to the comics)

Daybreakers- The film starts off rather well with great atmosphere and an interesting premise, but it quickly becomes bloated and weighed down with horror and action film cliches.

I must make my obligatory complaint against the thread's tittle: Please change the tread title to "The Last Film You Saw" so that we can avoid all the confusion that usually accompanies this thread.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I must make my obligatory complaint against the thread's tittle: Please change the tread title to "The Last Film You Saw" so that we can avoid all the confusion that usually accompanies this thread.[/QUOTE]

That comments been raised for at least a year now.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That comments been raised for at least a year now.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I just have a compulsion to make that same comment every once in a while.

Predators- Although it doesn't quite match up to the combined body mass (fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia know what I'm talking about) of the original, Predators is a worthy successor to Predator.

bread's done
Back