Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love You Man - Ugh, "I Hate You Movie". Seriously, aside from Rashida Jones being hot as hell, a huge waste of time with about zero laughs. Paul Rudd is funny enough to be more picky about the movies he does. Between this and Role Models, he's quickly losing his comedy cred.

a) I think you misunderstood the concept of the thread
b) since we're going off topic I'm gonna chime in with Rashida Jones being attractive but I wouldn't put her inthe upper echelon (aka she's not that hot)

that said while I totally love maybe90% of the movie I wouldn't defend ILYM as a great comedy.

The concept of this thread has gone WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic since, like 2006 or whenever it started. For months or years it has been "I saw 'blank' movie, it was good or it sucked".

What was the original concept? I'd like to see people post whether the movie they saw was good or not, preferably by rating it, and maybe some description of why. To just post I saw such and such is pointless.

In the Loop - 8/10 - glad to see the show come over to the US (plot wise)
Burn after Reading- 5/10- the characters and plot were boring and frustrating

Side Note: I agree with J7. I come on here to look for good movies by readings other people's posts and its frustrating when people just post a movie w/o any additional information. Give it a rating and a brief reasoning or recommendation for a certain type of person. otherwise, don't post. my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']The concept of this thread has gone WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic since, like 2006 or whenever it started. For months or years it has been "I saw 'blank' movie, it was good or it sucked".[/QUOTE]

That is what this thread is. The thread title sucks but this is a part 2 or part three of a "The last Movie you Saw..." back when threads where locked when they reached 500 posts. The OP that made the new thread was trying to be witty and it just so happened that this is the thread title that stuck.

[quote name='tivo']Side Note: I agree with J7. I come on here to look for good movies by readings other people's posts and its frustrating when people just post a movie w/o any additional information. Give it a rating and a brief reasoning or recommendation for a certain type of person. otherwise, don't post. my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I rarely even read what saunderscowie posts. Is it so much to ask for a brief opinion?

Hitman - Timothy Olyphant is cool, but that's about all the movie has going for it. There's no reason for the prostitute, and certainly no reason for the almost-romantic subplot. Fortunately, 47 knows that, and seems to do something horrible to her every time she comes on to him. I would have thought Robert Knepper (T-Bag, from Prison Break) would have been a good character actor, but I'm pretty sure his Russian accent is just horrible.

Roman Holiday - Pretty good, and not the romance film I was expecting. It's honestly a little unsettling to watch, because Gregory Peck and his friend are scumbags (
But you know they'll come around by the end of it, even if you haven't seen the movie before.
).

The Goods - 7/10

I suppose it's more my fault than the movie's fault... I had high expectations and it didn't quite meet them. It was funny and had some good actors, even the redhead I could stand.

Gi Joke - 3/10

If there was anyway to bastardize childhood cartoons it's to let modern day movies fuck them over. The only good thing about this one is Sienna Miller as a brunette.

Yes, needs to be a new title of "Last Movie You Saw....." or "CAG Movie Reviews"something like that. Honestly, I don't think people go into every movie they watch being surprised it didn't suck. Certainly there are surprises but if you watch something like say "The Godfather Part II" you know it's going to be good.

Doppelganger - This movie starts off as a dramatic and slow thriller where this man has a double/doppelganger harassing him and his he doesn't want him in his life. The film also wants you to pay attention this artificial intelligent chair he is building. Then you feel sorry for him losing his job. Doppelganger tries to be too many things early on...but it pays off?

The last 40 minutes are f'n amazing. Its like someone watched the film and thought "wow this is really boring" lets make it a comedy and have people die is rediculous ways and have the last scene make people leave in tears. I was laughing so hard at the end I was crying up. Its sooo stupid and so good. Its hard to recommend since the first hour is so bad but man Doppelganger will not be forgotten.

Whatever Works - Woody Allen and Larry David...It works surprisingly well. Don't expect much and you will be pleasantly surprised by a very light heated movie from Woody. It seems that it was written for off Broadway instead of the silver screen but it worked well.

Orphan
- Better than expected. I liked the story and the acting but the directing was very weak. I'm not sure the director knows how to make a horror movie because it had everything in place for a great horror movie but instead it was just ok-good.

I've been told that these large threads have a detrimental impact on site performance. I'm going to lock this one down. Someone can feel free to create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back