Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Poole is Here - Different than I thought it would be(damn Netflix instant watch descriptions) but good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt - 4/5 - Amy Adams is awesome. Interesting story, never saw the live theater version. Great acting/passion from everyone.

The Hill's Have Eyes (2006) - 3.95/5
I really enjoyed this movie, probably more than most people would. Anyone else see it?

[quote name='Pavel6969']There Will Be Blood - Day-Lewis was great as always, but other than that I didn't really enjoy it much. And I hated Eli (The acting).[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed Eli.

[quote name='J7.']The Hill's Have Eyes - 3.95/5
I really enjoyed this movie, probably more than most people would. Anyone else see it?[/QUOTE]

The original or the remake? I saw the remake before the original and I loved the remake but hated the original.

Away We Go - 7/10

Huh... well, I didn't quite see the appeal of why this movie was rated so good. I mean, I felt like I was watching a scene from a tv show not a movie. It didn't have all that much to it. I like the chick, the guy is still a moron.

I Am Legend - 5/10

This is the second time I've seen it and the second time it's sucked. I can only relate it to being like Waterworld without water.

Observe and Report
- 2/10

Right down there next to Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I've only seen part of it, but it's one of those where the previews looked semi funny and then the movie is really bad.

The Mummy III - 0/10

I had forgotten that Weisz wasn't in this one and that Li was. Those two were enough for me to turn it off after the first 5 min. and try to forget this movie was made just like I do for Underworld 3 and Matrix 3... FAIL

[quote name='tcrash247']The original or the remake? I saw the remake before the original and I loved the remake but hated the original.[/QUOTE]
The remake. I also want to see the original, but I doubt it's as good as the remake. Maybe if I had seen the original first.

Paranormal Activity....pretty pissed at how bad i think it was.....i went in knowing what to expect but it was pretty bad minus katie's cleavage..i elaborated more in the thread for this steaming pile of poo

shooter
with marky mark. 8.5/10

if u like sniping and government coverups and such, this is da movie. I really enjoyed it.

i also like hills have eyes.

second one is iffy tho.

Finally got to see Zombieland, well... er sorta. My friend, his wife (DD), and I along with a Bottled Water filled with Vodka went to see it and well... I spent last night and today puking my guts out. We had shots prior to leaving as well. All in all, best theater experience evah, I'll have to ask my friends wife about the movie... xD

Turistas - 2/5 - Hard to describe the movie without mentioning how similar it is to Hostel. Motive is different. Foreigners are stupid. Oliva Wilde is attractive. Character development? What is that. Randomly killing swedes is funny. Underwater fights aren't exciting.

Taxi to the Dark Side - 3/5 - Pretty much a downer documentary. At first it is sorta eye opening and has its shock factor but has the same note throughout the entire film which is 100minutes. It is a great subject but I didn't find myself engaged in the story telling. Definitely not a roller coaster of emotions just straight delivery of content.

[quote name='naiku']Doubt - 4/5 - Amy Adams is awesome. Interesting story, never saw the live theater version. Great acting/passion from everyone.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a good movie, but decided it was an excellent movie after seeing all the arguments on various message boards that talk about what really happened. The plot is so insanely complex in the way there is no actual evidence of anything. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was godlike in that. The scene with him and Amy Adams talking outside on the bench could have been used for either one of them as their Oscars sample clip.

The Last House on the Left (2009) - I know it is cliche but I will say it anyways; Don't bother if you haven't seen the original. This remake takes away almost everything that made the original so fucking creepy. This has to be a horror remake first that the original was gorier and more fucked up.
The rape scene in the remake is a Saturday AM cartoon compared to the original scene. I get the shivers just thinking about it.
Compared to other horror remakes this one ranks high but the changes they made (no matter how small they where) changed the movie into a completely different movie.

Tourist Trap - Some creepy parts but over all a boring slasher flick. I remembered it being much better when I watched it many years ago.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - A bit drawn out but a classic.

My Little Eye - This was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. A typical horror flick but it did the build up very well, something that a lot of modern horror film makers forget about.

Body Snatchers - A must see. Another one that runs a bit long but it is very well done. (The early '90s version)

Alien Trespass
- I liked this modern monster B movie a bunch, it seemed to do everything just right. Check it out if you are into sci-fi monster movies.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I hope there's a 3rd "The Hills Have Eyes".[/QUOTE]
That would be cool. Have they showed the 2nd one on tv yet? I've been looking for horror movies the past 2 weeks on tv, but they don't seem to be showing many at all.

The first Hills Have Eyes remake was great. Everything is better with Ted Levine! It made the Last House On The Left look like a kid's movie. I did like the second HHE remake well enough.

Zombieland - just plain fun!

Where the Wild Things Are.
I character designs were done really well and I like how they expanded the original story for the film.
I also thought is was very well cast.

Just got back from paranormal activity and I have to say it wasn't as good as some make it sound like. For how much they spent on it the movie wasn't bad. I'm sure most of that went into postproduction and to rent the home. I might get this when it comes to dvd/bd but not for the full price. I will get it when it comes down. This movie just had way to much hype around it. I'm not saying it was a bad movie I did like it but just expected more from what I was reading online.

Some updates

Last House on the Left (original) - fucking crazy but not in a totally cool, edgy way. I don't really know what else to say. It isn't scary but it is cringeworthy which is probably worth something. The 70s were insane.

Conan the Barbarian - It's hard to say that Conan is a good movie but I love it, I always have. It does a great job of realizing a very rich fantasy world. The music is epic.

I'm off to surf Netflix on the 360 in search of something to watch.

Dude, if you liked Conan, watch Red Sonja on Netflix. Not nearly as good, but if you like campy sci-fi fantasy like Krull or The Beastmaster, it's a classic.

Mirrormask - Like a more ballsy Coraline(though it did precede it by many years) and features the same writer. Great soundtrack and a good watch if you crave a fantasy flick.

Anatomy of a Murder - Pretty awesome for its dedication to realism. It was made in 1959, but has the audacity to discuss panties and rape. Jimmy Stewart is great as always.

Juno - I agree with pretty much everyone I know that this movie gets a little bogged down in weird dialogue, particularly early on. Everything else is perfect - Ellen Page is infinitely charming, and it's nice to see the supportive family through the odd situation. Also, Jason Bateman in a good role.

Earth vs the Flying Saucers - Clearly the sort of thing that was an inspiration for Roland Emmerich. The end has every flying saucer crash into some Washington DC monument or another.

Feast - Kind of awesome. The acting is pretty bad, and Henry Rollins wishes he was Bruce Campbell, but it's made with enough winks and blood to be enjoyable.

Alien vs Predator: Requiem - Sort of pointless. Also, a lot of this movie is one black thing fighting another black thing in the dark. But! Alien in the maternity ward.

@ J7
That would be cool. Have they showed the 2nd one on tv yet? I've been looking for horror movies the past 2 weeks on tv, but they don't seem to be showing many at all.
Try the search guide at tvguide.com every week since I've noticed channels will move things around within 2 weeks.

Moon, but I cant really say I excepted it to suck. I didn't know anything about the flick before watching it.
smile

[quote name='CokeCola']
Alien vs Predator: Requiem - Sort of pointless. Also, a lot of this movie is one black thing fighting another black thing in the dark. But! Alien in the maternity ward.[/QUOTE]

Lol, did you have to crank the brightness up too? With a correctly calibrated TV you can't see SHIT when you watch that movie! Reminds me of going to the drive-in to see Goonies when I was a kid and it was hard to see anything from the water slide part onwards.

Wall-E - 6/10; i expected better from Pixar. Great colors, shading and physics but obviously poor dialogue, too few characters, and a lack of intricate relationships left it pretty boring.
Year One- 4/10; the laughs were seriously lacking.

Drag Me To Hell was ruined by the fake looking special effects. Never thought I'd see Sam "Evil Dead" Raimi rely so much on CGI.

Night of the Living Dead - I understand why it's a classic, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE zombie movies, but I didn't like this. I think it's because the zombies didn't act like zombies in Romero movies. That's a stupid nitpick, but hopefully people understand. I was slightly surprised by how it ended, though.

[quote name='Megalith']Boondock Saints II.

Didn't remember anything about the original so I missed most of the jokes, but it was very good.[/QUOTE]

I want to see that but it isn't even playing in my state :(

[quote name='chimpster1313']Night of the Living Dead - I understand why it's a classic, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE zombie movies, but I didn't like this. I think it's because the zombies didn't act like zombies in Romero movies. That's a stupid nitpick, but hopefully people understand. I was slightly surprised by how it ended, though.[/QUOTE]
I saw the remake before I saw the original and was disappointed in the orig, but seeing this again recently without seeing the remake recently, I did enjoy this movie a lot more. What do you mean by not acting like zombies? This was the original zombie film.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Night of the Living Dead - I understand why it's a classic, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE zombie movies, but I didn't like this. I think it's because the zombies didn't act like zombies in Romero movies. That's a stupid nitpick, but hopefully people understand. I was slightly surprised by how it ended, though.[/QUOTE]

This IS a Romero movie. This was Romero's first movie. This is how zombies were originally portrayed, as mindless slow moving creatures. They acted like the zombies in Romero's other movies, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead. What exactly are you comparing these zombies to? This is, in my opinion, by far the best zombie ever created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back