Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to watching the first 2 Bourne movies on HD-DVD. Such good movies, I'm excited to watch the third but also don't want to see the series to end.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Religulous, it was a really scary movie.
[/quote]
I still want to see that, but nobody will see it with me. Is it scary in the same sense Jesus Camp was scary?

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Finally got around to watching the first 2 Bourne movies on HD-DVD. Such good movies, I'm excited to watch the third but also don't want to see the series to end.[/quote]

go ahead and watch it.. that money maker of a series isn't over ... Just looked on google a bunch of sites are saying there was a release stating another bourne movie in 2010. So go watch that great film.

[quote name='SoonerMatt']I still want to see that, but nobody will see it with me. [/QUOTE]

You know, there's absolultely no reason to be ashamed of going to a movie by yourself. I used to be that way when I was younger. But being older, I don't care and go buy myself pretty often as a lot of the times I'll just go in the middle of the week in an afternoon when I need a break from work (have a flexible schedule and work from home a lot).

I go with a friend more often, but there's no reason to miss a movie you want to see because you can't find somone to go with you.

[quote name='homeland']go ahead and watch it.. that money maker of a series isn't over ... Just looked on google a bunch of sites are saying there was a release stating another bourne movie in 2010. So go watch that great film.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there will be more films. Another author has started writing Bourne books. At least one has already came out, and I believe is the basis for the next film.

[quote name='SoonerMatt']I still want to see that, but nobody will see it with me. Is it scary in the same sense Jesus Camp was scary?[/quote]

Dude, Jesus Camp was terrifying. It's a little less scary than that.

Midnight Meat Train. It sounds like a sexy time movie but it is not. It is a gory movie. Plus, it has Vinnie Jones in it. I love him.

Donnie Darko (2001)

Pretty good. I liked the parts with the Philosophy of Time Travel the most.
It was pretty easy to figure out though; I'd heard it was really confusing.

During the last week I have watched all the Friday the 13th flicks in order. I have seen most throughout the years but this was the first time for Jason X, part 2 and part 6.

I would rate them from best to worst as:

1 - Forget the haters this non-Jason flick is the best.
2 - Great ending the way Ginny the psychology major gets into Jason's head.
7 - It actually has character development, this is what wold happen if you had Carrie vs. Jason movie. I did hate the mother and Dr. but they can be overlooked.
9 - This is the most over the top violent one of the series.
3 - Jason gets his mask and the side characters get some personality.
4 - It took away the sex but added a plot and Corey Feldman.
6 - The first of Jason on roids flick. It is loaded with over the top violence but they took away the sex.
8 - This is just bad. Jason on a ship and now with high school kids?!?
X - Alien meets Jason, pure crap.
5 - Yes a movie that is worse than 8 and X.... No "Jason" just troubled teens.

[quote name='AmanoUsagi']Midnight Meat Train. It sounds like a sexy time movie but it is not. It is a gory movie. Plus, it has Vinnie Jones in it. I love him.[/quote]

Is that on DVD yet? I remember reading a while back the Clive Barker was pissed about the way Lions Gate was handling the (very limited) release. Unfortunately, it never showed up at any theaters near me.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Donnie Darko (2001)

Pretty good. I liked the parts with the Philosophy of Time Travel the most.
It was pretty easy to figure out though; I'd heard it was really confusing.[/quote]

Did you watch the original theatrical cut, or the later-revised director's cut? The original cut is maddeningly difficult to make sense of; the updated version added nearly 20 minutes of material that clarified the story significantly.

If you enjoyed Donnie Darko you should do yourself a favor and avoid seeing Southland Tales, Richard Kelly's follow-up. It's a giant freakin' mess.

[quote name='bmachine']
If you enjoyed Donnie Darko you should do yourself a favor and avoid seeing Southland Tales, Richard Kelly's follow-up. It's a giant freakin' mess.[/QUOTES]

Don't ask me why, but I actually liked this film.

I finally got around to seeing the last Incredible Hulk movie, and must say it was actually pretty good
yesa.jpg
MUCH better than the first one, though the storyline was still a bit off compared to the real deal, it followed the comics much more.

[quote name='doctorfaustus'][quote name='bmachine']
If you enjoyed Donnie Darko you should do yourself a favor and avoid seeing Southland Tales, Richard Kelly's follow-up. It's a giant freakin' mess.[/QUOTE]

Don't ask me why, but I actually liked this film.[/quote]

I actually did too. Wasn't as good as Darko, but it was still quite enjoyable.

Max Payne

Sucked. It was pretty darn boring.
Though, the movie picks up when he beats up the dude in his office.
Still, the last 30 minutes of "meh" don't make up for the rest of the crap.

Since this is the thread of movie fans I thought this might be a good place to ask. Has anyone heard if the Iron Man Blu Ray will be recalled or a fixed offer to get the BD Live features working? On the PS3 it makes the disc crash if it tries to auto connect and with it off I figure you can't connect later.

went to see a secret movie pre screening for paramount and the movie was amazing i cant talk about what the movie was because they will sue me lol but it was amazing. its coming out on dec.25 google (the curious case) and look for it
and saw 5 was great to

[quote name='bmachine']Is that on DVD yet? I remember reading a while back the Clive Barker was pissed about the way Lions Gate was handling the (very limited) release. Unfortunately, it never showed up at any theaters near me.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're interested in seeing it, or to anyone for that matter, you can watch for free (and legally) online here:

http://www.fearnet.com/movies/b13567_midnight_meat_train.html

I know that's what I'm doing tomorrow!

[quote name='AmanoUsagi']Midnight Meat Train. It sounds like a sexy time movie but it is not. It is a gory movie. Plus, it has Vinnie Jones in it. I love him.[/QUOTE]

Same up there^^^

[quote name='aquateen168']went to see a secret movie pre screening for paramount and the movie was amazing i cant talk about what the movie was because they will sue me lol but it was amazing. its coming out on dec.25 google (the curious case) and look for it
and saw 5 was great to[/QUOTE]

Is it the one that got pushed back till next year?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Is it the one that got pushed back till next year?[/quote]
curious case of benjamin button is coming out dec 25 as aquateen mentioned. one of the few films im excited about this year.

[quote name='naiku']curious case of benjamin button is coming out dec 25 as aquateen mentioned. one of the few films im excited about this year.[/quote]

That would make sense. I guess I was jumping ahead of myself since I was thinking of the JJ Abrams film, Star Trek.

Iron Man

I don't think I understand what all the hubbub was about.

[quote name='Liquid 2']La Jetée (1962)[/quote]

Did you know that La Jetée is the basis/inspiration for the movie 12 Monkeys?

The original Halloween for the first time.

I don't understand why everyone says that characters in old horror movies were smarter. I found everyone in that movie to be every bit as stupid as the characters in new horror movies.

[quote name='bmachine']Did you know that La Jetée is the basis/inspiration for the movie 12 Monkeys?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of 12 Monkeys. Should I check it out?

And the hub bub about Iron Man was that it was a great performance by Robert Downey Jr in an overall mediocre movie.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Never heard of 12 Monkeys. Should I check it out?

And the hub bub about Iron Man was that it was a great performance by Robert Downey Jr in an overall mediocre movie.[/quote]

12 Monkeys was an excellent movie. You should definately check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back