Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter 6 - It is probably my least favorite so far. I'm not a fan of David Yates Harry Potter flicks so far, it seems Mr. Yates can't figure out what parts to speed through and what parts that need more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']Humpday

It's not what you think it is. Okay, it is.[/QUOTE]

Really looking forward to seeing that. It's impossible to see good movies out here in the 'burbs, though. We're finally getting Food Inc. here this weekend, at least. It's a start.

Still need to see Humpday, Surveillance, 500 Days of Summer and Moon...somewhere.

Serendipity - 6/10

What a load of bull... This made Hitch look Factual. I knew there was a reason I didn't bother with this. It was on Satellite and there was absolutely nothing else on...

[quote name='iAlCaPwn']transformers revenge of the fallen, it was sorta cheessy.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying Hitler was "kind of a jerk."

Finally watched Slumdog Millionaire.

I was hesitant after watching a certain last movie that received far more praise than it should have
No Country for Old Men :puke:
but I ended up really liking it.

Good stuff.

[quote name='bmachine']Really looking forward to seeing that. It's impossible to see good movies out here in the 'burbs, though. We're finally getting Food Inc. here this weekend, at least. It's a start.

Still need to see Humpday, Surveillance, 500 Days of Summer and Moon...somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Surveillance is soo good

Burn After Read (saw it at movies & just this week on cable) funny as Hell!

Righteous Kill (2008) "De Niro & Pacino.. do I need to say more?"

Miracle At St.Anna

What doesn't kill you
Lucky Number Slevin
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The International
The Bank Job

I liked em all. Probably gonna watch Let the Right one in tonight.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Ghostbusters

Still love it after all these years. I planned to marathon GB1 and GB2, but I didn't want to run the Bustin' mood.[/QUOTE]

GBII is not that bad. It's a bit cheesier, but I see it as the Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom of the series. Now, if they only came out with the third in the triology, maybe it would be as good as Indiana Jones and The Holy Grail. Hey, I can dream...

[quote name='doctorfaustus']GBII is not that bad. It's a bit cheesier, but I see it as the Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom of the series. Now, if they only came out with the third in the triology, maybe it would be as good as Indiana Jones and The Holy Grail. Hey, I can dream...[/QUOTE]

You mean Last Crusade. '...and the Holy Grail' is the suffix to a Monty Python flick.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']GBII is not that bad. It's a bit cheesier, but I see it as the Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom of the series. Now, if they only came out with the third in the triology, maybe it would be as good as Indiana Jones and The Holy Grail. Hey, I can dream...[/QUOTE]

It's basically the same movie warmed over. There are several funny and memorable scenes, but it really pales in comparison to the first.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You mean Last Crusade. '...and the Holy Grail' is the suffix to a Monty Python flick.[/QUOTE]

Right, and next you're going to tell me that the fourth Indy flick wasn't titled Indiana Jones and The Life of Brian. :)

I dont know if it counts as a movie but I just finished up watching the miniseries "Torchwood: Children of Earth" and thought it was excellent.

Not a movie but Breaking Bad is fantastic. Really enjoyed it so far.

Finally saw Watchmen last night and that was ass.

Race to Witch Mountain. The rocks gay distorted face that they show off and on again for a minute at the end of the film was worth the the length of the movie. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

Food, Inc - A disturbing look at the corporatization of our food supply. It doesn't spend time just trying to disgust you by showing the killing floors and such, and in that regard it probably doesn't show you anything you haven't seen. It's more about how the corporate boogieman issues like cost cutting, government support of big business, and the absurdity of our patent and legal systems are impacting one of the most important activities of our lives. Moreover, it does a good job explaining why it's a bad thing.

It hardly spends any time talking about the dilution of the term "organic", and the end of the film includes a call to buy organic, so it's not very helpful there. It tries to make you feel empowered as a consumer, but ultimately the film may have been too effective at espousing the efficiency of the corporate food machine, as I certainly did not feel empowered by the end.

Just saw Taken and thought it was good. However I remember hearing that thier was some twist in the plot. I think it had to do with the father of the girl but I never saw what that twist was.
I was told it was that the father had somthing to do with the group that kidnaped his doughter

[quote name='sendme']Just saw Taken and thought it was good. However I remember hearing that thier was some twist in the plot. I think it had to do with the father of the girl but I never saw what that twist was.
I was told it was that the father had somthing to do with the group that kidnaped his doughter
[/QUOTE]

No. Closet thing I can think of is the father's friend in Paris who was having him followed and trying to get rid of him did have something to do with the group.

^ They guy in Paris was just a former contact he wanted info from, he didn't know the cop was taking kickbacks so the operation could function without police interference.

Best part of the movie was
when he shot the dude's wife for no reason. PWND!

Just got Watchmen from Netflix. Such an awesome movie. Loved it. I am watching Vanishing point right now. I also saw (500) Days of Summer which was fantastic.

Adoration - Good human drama about people dealing with their circumstances. The teacher's personality is a little convenient and crazy. The plot involves the main character talking to other teenagers in a video chatroom about important things, and those scenes are pretty grating. I guess that means they were realistic, at least.

[quote name='bmachine']Food Inc.

An incredible documentary about the corporate-controlled American food industry. My mind is blown.[/QUOTE]

I've known some of this stuff for awhile now and it's also why I'm so "picky" (parents words) when it comes to food. I'm really interested in this movie now, but at the same time will probably be pretty horrified.

As for "consumers" having more power by voting with what they buy... it won't do squat. People still buy EA stuff...

Bicycle Thieves (1948) - one of the true greats
Revolutionary Road (2008) - terrific performances from Winslet and DiCaprio help do justice to the fantastic Richard Yates novel
Gran Torino (2008) - Clint Eastwood dominates.
12 Rounds (2008) - What a waste of my time. John Cena is horrid
Public Enemies (2009) - Great performances and awesome cinematography are bogged down by a story that never really takes off.
Shoot Em Up (2007) - Ridiculous. So much fun to just turn your brain off and let this movie wow you.

Watched Order of the Phoenix again to refresh my memory on what's going on in the Potter world so I can go see the next one. It was a lot more epic than I remember it being, certainly not as kiddy as I remembered it, at least...

Crash - 4/10 a movie which consists of 90% racial discrimination and 10% noninteresting interwoven plots is bound to win a few Oscars but its not really insipid. Plus, way too many inconsistencies.

Lucky number Sleven - 8/10 - Lucy Liu's best acting role I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back