Survivor: Philippines thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Javery']I completely agree. If he made the same comments about someone's race CBS probably wouldn't even have aired it. It was appalling.[/QUOTE]

Or, even worse, if someone else had used a slur about him being a homosexual, there would have been a global uproar and a Facebook campaign about it. It just blows my mind seeing a gay man with so much prejudice and hate in his heart. I mean, not that being gay just makes you a good person, but I've never seen someone like that not know how it feels to be judged and looked down upon...or how wrong it is to do that to others. It's awful because all he's going to accomplish is giving people who hate "his kind" more ammunition to do so. It's this type of behavior that just unravels decades of civil progress.

I hope the producers dont get some idea that hes some great villain that should return in future seasons because he is not.

Colton is a prick. I think it'll be funny when the merge happens, he thinks he's got both sides in his pocket. And they all gangvote him out.

I thought Bill was a douche, but gained a mountain of respect for him in that single episode. It was like everything Colton said about him in his interviews the editors made it seem that way. Then the guy gets to talk without being edited and, if the guys were not total assholes, would have just switched and voted out Colton right there.

I felt bad for Leif, up until he sat there smirking that Bill went home when he just got done saying he told Bill he was the original target at the previous tribal because he was his "friend."

And Tarzan is crazier than a shithouse rat. That racism diatribe of his was just awkward.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I hope the producers dont get some idea that hes some great villain that should return in future seasons because he is not.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of. As much as they might pray and hope for it, Colton is not the new Russell. Russell was someone who was in it to win it no matter the cost. He didn't care about ethics or making friends or even being liked. He just wanted to be the winner. Russell might've been a huge prick, but he was entertaining to watch because he was so into the game.

Colton just appears to be the opposite. He really has no strategy for winning the game. His main focus seems more on making the island comfortable for himself by getting rid of the people who dare not fit his worldview on how things should be. There's really no entertainment in watching him because, as of yet, he's not a good player - athletically or strategically. Just because he's an asshole doesn't make him a great villain. It just makes him an asshole.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I hope the producers dont get some idea that hes some great villain that should return in future seasons because he is not.[/QUOTE]

Well they are showing promos and declaring him a super villain so there goes that

Hate to say it, but when the promos declare someone a super villain it usually means they made it to finals. Like how they had a lot of Russell promos, as if they already knew where he finished and wanted to subtheme the season around it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Hate to say it, but when the promos declare someone a super villain it usually means they made it to finals. Like how they had a lot of Russell promos, as if they already knew where he finished and wanted to subtheme the season around it.[/QUOTE]

That's not necessarily the case (Cochran from last season, Naonka, Coach on his first season, etc.), though perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part. But really, at this point Colton is pretty much the perfect person to take to the end. He will gleefully and openly make every decision in your alliance, and considering his personality, is guaranteed to self-destruct at the final tribal council.

Just watched last weeks episode this weekend... OMG! How stupid are those guys for suggesting going to tribal and how stupid are the minority for going along with it? Give the girls a free ride, even the #s instead of being 2 up on them.

I can't stand Colton... sitting there like the Queen summoning the lower people to berate them and express his displeasure and then send them away when he's done talking. I was really hoping they would somehow vote him off.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I thought Bill was a douche, but gained a mountain of respect for him in that single episode. It was like everything Colton said about him in his interviews the editors made it seem that way. Then the guy gets to talk without being edited and, if the guys were not total assholes, would have just switched and voted out Colton right there..[/QUOTE]

I agree. I never liked Bill... thought he was on drugs or drug withdrawal for the last couple of episodes, but this past episode - especially at tribal, I like him. He seemed to have a good attitude and made Colton look like shit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']And Tarzan is crazier than a shithouse rat. That racism diatribe of his was just awkward.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe Tarzan was defending Colton. He came across as a racist too. He's tired of the "race card"... Bill never brought it up... Either Colton or Jeff brought up race. And then he goes on to say someone about having a black president. I hope he's the third one to go, after Colton and Alicia (the shank that is always causing conflict... "you saying I'm not good at puzzles" Apparently not!)

I don't know, Leif really put in some effort though. And that one girl, the ONLY one to score a basket for their sorry-ass team...they get rid of. fucking morons. Wish these clowns could just say "Colton has too much power, let's get rid of him." or at least "Colton has too much power, if we have to keep him let's at least flush out his idol to keep him in check."

I don't think I've ever seen a more passive group of people. It's odd to think of Colton as being intimidating, but I think because of how outspoken he is, he seriously backs people down. For some twisted reason, they just let him decide who they're voting off as though he's a returning player or something. My wife also pointed out that probably the only people who would step up to challenge him, he's gotten rid of already. Same thing with Monica. As crazy as it sounds, it's almost starting to resemble a strategy. It's ridiculous that nobody else there seems capable of playing that kind of mental game though.

I do think the way the tribe switch worked almost turned this into last season though. It just gives the feeling of one tribe dominating and systematically picking the other tribe off one at a time. Colton seems to have no tribe strategy though. He's already conceded the fact that they're going to lose every challenge (thus sending home their strongest player), and it seems like he's just trying to hang on as long as possible. I guess if he makes it to the merge, he figures he can work his way back in with his alliance again. I'll be shocked if he can actually protect Tarzan and Jonas that long though...or Leif, if he's not currently hating him again.

When Colton had the ball during the immunity challenge though, I was yelling "drown him!" at my TV. I hope I wasn't the only one, lol.

I can't believe people are letting Colton run the show - in 2 tribes now! It's crazy. I guess at this point people are still in "as long as it's not me" mode rather than actually planning ahead so a strong personality is able to call the shots. Everyone perceives him as the one in charge and if you piss him off you get voted out so might as well not rick the boat. I cannot believe what an asshole that guy is. Russell was a liar and not to be trusted but even he didn't come off like this.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']When Colton had the ball during the immunity challenge though, I was yelling "drown him!" at my TV. I hope I wasn't the only one, lol.[/QUOTE]

No, no you were not.

[quote name='Javery']I can't believe people are letting Colton run the show - in 2 tribes now! It's crazy. I guess at this point people are still in "as long as it's not me" mode rather than actually planning ahead so a strong personality is able to call the shots. Everyone perceives him as the one in charge and if you piss him off you get voted out so might as well not rick the boat. I cannot believe what an asshole that guy is. Russell was a liar and not to be trusted but even he didn't come off like this.[/QUOTE]

Everyone apparently just wants to ride coattails. The main reason Colton seems to have control is everyone is willing to be "Colton's bitch". Any of them could likely take control away from him if they were willing to step up and have a strategy. Instead, they're just letting Colton cherry-pick who he wants to get rid of based on his whims, yet no one seems to realize that who Colton picks is so arbitrary and changes from minute to minute, that it could easily be them that's targeted next.

I'm happy to at least see that those couple girls on the other tribe were willing to strategize and form an alliance. Perhaps that will give Colton some trouble come merge, because no one on his own tribe seems capable of strategizing.

[quote name='Cantatus']Everyone apparently just wants to ride coattails. The main reason Colton seems to have control is everyone is willing to be "Colton's bitch". Any of them could likely take control away from him if they were willing to step up and have a strategy. Instead, they're just letting Colton cherry-pick who he wants to get rid of based on his whims, yet no one seems to realize that who Colton picks is so arbitrary and changes from minute to minute, that it could easily be them that's targeted next.

I'm happy to at least see that those couple girls on the other tribe were willing to strategize and form an alliance. Perhaps that will give Colton some trouble come merge, because no one on his own tribe seems capable of strategizing.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the more I think about it, I feel that "riding coattails" has become the #1 Survivor strategy now. Look at last season. Coach did all the plotting, got his trio to the finals, pissed everybody off along the way by actually playing a mental game, and Sophie snuck in and stole the votes. It makes me sick comparing Colton to Coach, and it's not even a fair comparison since Colton is just recklessly throwing people away, and everything Coach did was pretty much by the book, but I could see the same outcome happening.

Nobody minds riding along with Colton because they know they won't be the one taking the heat for all the backstabbing. It's pathetic that that's what this game has devolved into, but I don't know that you can even blame people when bitterness and jealousy run rampant in the final vote anyway. Playing the game right doesn't get you shit anymore.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Any guesses on who gets taken out on a stretcher next week?[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking Tarzan. He was looking a little "off."

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'm thinking Tarzan. He was looking a little "off."[/QUOTE]

Has to be. Didnt really look like an injury so him being older makes him very likely. Plus he got a little extra spotlight in this past week.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That's my guess, too, although I know who I'd love it to be.[/QUOTE]I'm sure we can take a few random guesses of who that might be.

Usually when they're taking someone out via stretcher, it's because they either passed out or can't walk out on their own. Maybe someone falls out of a tree?

I guess that immunity idol couldn't protect Colton from karma. Too bad he didn't stick it out long enough for the appendicitis to turn lethal, though.

You can tell that the producers are in a mad scramble this season, too. It was obvious enough last week when they tried to go back on their "men vs. women, one camp" premise, but now after the teams ended up so unbalanced they had to go ahead and merge everyone right away? There must have been a lot of panic behind the scenes to pull that one so quickly.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You can tell that the producers are in a mad scramble this season, too. It was obvious enough last week when they tried to go back on their "men vs. women, one camp" premise, but now after the teams ended up so unbalanced they had to go ahead and merge everyone right away? There must have been a lot of panic behind the scenes to pull that one so quickly.[/QUOTE]

It's not the first time they've merged at twelve, so it's not technically that quick. Your speculation might not be off, though I'm not entirely sure the producers wouldn't mind seeing a tribe get torn apart as it can be good drama and encourage people to root for the underdog.

I think when they have too many injuries they merge them all sooner. So at least if anybody else is taken out, it doesn't put any individual tribe at a disadvantage. Because way back when Stephanie was by herself, it was an interesting "survival" story (and proved she's probably the toughest Survivor chick ever...even when she popped her own shoulder back in like some shit straight out of Lethal Weapon), but she didn't stand a chance. I think the producers know a good chunk of viewers are bored when it become a turkey shoot for the tribe that has vastly superior numbers. Seems like they want the merges to happen when it's fairly even now.

This whole season is a mess. I've been a fan from the very first season, and I've hated the men vs. women seasons, this being the second time, this is much worse than the first time. AFAIK, this is the "last" season on the current CBS contract, but could be wrong. It'll surely be renewed. Survivor is far too profitable to be cancelled at the moment. I enjoy the twists from recent seasons, but feel they've run out of ideas this year, and it shows.

I always seem to cheer for the evil genius pulling the puppet strings, but once they become arrogant (and apparently racist this year) I'm no longer a fan. Karma seemed to show up just in time to keep this season relevant.

It's a shame, but I seem to hate more of the contestants than actually cheer for them. I suppose I'll cheer on Team Asia (Kristina, Jonas) and maybe even Troyzan, but other than them, I wish they'd all just get voted out simultaneously. Oh, and keep Tarzan in the game just for the laughs.

[quote name='cancermatt']Oh, and keep Tarzan in the game just for the laughs.[/QUOTE]

Can that guy remember anyone's name?

Re: Colton... He was an absolute douchebag this past episode and Alicia was right up there with him. I have wanted Alicia to be voted off since the first episode. I would have liked Colton to stay a little longer so that he could have been voted out and also make a bigger fool of himself. I hope his post-Survivor life will be negatively impacted by his displayed callousness, selfishness and lack of empathy and manners.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Re: Colton... He was an absolute douchebag this past episode and Alicia was right up there with him. I have wanted Alicia to be voted off since the first episode. I would have liked Colton to stay a little longer so that he could have been voted out and also make a bigger fool of himself. I hope his post-Survivor life will be negatively impacted by his displayed callousness, selfishness and lack of empathy and manners.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I can't believe there are people out there as vile as Colton and Alicia. It's one thing to have the numbers and be confident in your position in the game but to openly mock and taunt someone like that for no reason is just disgusting. Especially Colton - has he really never been picked on or discriminated against? I hope Alicia has to scramble and actually makes it through a few more weeks but always has the threat of being booted hanging over her so she knows what it feels like.

I'm actually OK with the tribe switching this season - it makes an interesting dynamic because you have men vs. women (6-6) and then the new tribes (7-5). Who is going to flip? It could really shake out a ton of different ways and we won't have to sit through one tribe predictably picking off the other inferior one.

Karma never looked so good. Crippled him where he stood. They claimed no one voted him out... I guess they forgot about God. Now to await the finale where he gives a teary sob story after the public flogging he will be introduce to for all his bigotry remarks.

The merge came at the wrong point. I was so ready for the skank to follow. Now a merge... I hope she is still the first one out.

Finally got to catch up on Survivor last night, and OMFG!!! VICTORY!!!! I had to pinch myself at least 5 times because Colton going home just seemed way too good to be true. It's crazy how something like that can just rejuvenate your entire week and refresh your outlook on life, lol. Shitty things happening to horrible people. I love it! It's one of those beautiful rare glimpses of the world working as it should. It was like the fall of the Berlin Wall, or when Lindsay Lohan got arrested.

The immediate merge caught me off guard too though. It did seem very fast, but after I thought about it, they merged at 12 last season as well. I think the major difference is that this season has been such a clusterfuck that there was no time to anticipate it. It's only day freaking 17 there, and they've already had one person leave due to a broken hand, one tribe get demolished in challenges, one tribe sabotage themselves by choosing to go to tribal, tribes get switched, one person leave due to illness. and now merge. In between all that, we've had constant bickering and fighting IN TRIBE. There's basically been no playing the game or strategizing up to this point...which gives you a reaction of "wow...merge already???" when it actually is time...they just haven't done jack shit yet.

That said, I do think the producers have been scrambling the entire season. Because of all the switches in such a short period of time, I have a hard time believing that ANY of the alliances are very strong. In a way, I feel like this merge is serving as a reboot for the entire season: a "Let's Pretend Everything With Colton Was A Bad Dream And Start Over" for the show. 6 guys, 6 girls, no tribes, everyone is intermingled, now play the damn game.

I also thought it was extremely telling that as SOON as Colton decided to take the immunity idol with him, everybody perked up and started strategizing and figuring out how they could become "the ringleader". Wow, you mean that's all it took was getting rid of that stupid ass "free ride" and Jonas, Christina, Alicia, Tarzan, etc. all start actually THINKING about how to further themselves in the game? Amazing. If that doesn't show that the idols need to follow Redemption Island right out the door, I don't know what would.

All this being said, I feel like the season finally has a chance of being interesting now. Sure, it may have been entertaining before, but in a very shallow, "haha, trashy people are funny" kind of way. The "outwit" part of Survivor has been completely absent. I'm hoping we'll actually get some of that now. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it...THANK GOD COLTON IS GONE!!!!

Just as the cancer was removed from this season... one of the easiest to cheer for was ousted. I swear... Just as I had some sliver of hope for this season, now I truly hate it. Every single person who acted up/did something dumb/deserved to be removed from the game (with the exception of Colton) is still hanging around, and one of the lesser threats is gone? Really?

So let me get this straight, all the guys forgot Leif stabbed them in the back, Tarzan almost ruined a diff vote, Alicia was Colton's BFF... I know I'm forgetting someone else... and instead of voting them out ASAP, they remain and the fools fool themselves.

How's that saying go? Which is the fool? The fool, or the person who follows the fool? There may be only one or two players vs. an island full of fools, and no one is getting called on it.

AK.

Oh yeah, I meant to include Kat and her pathetic attempts at working around the camp and challenges (with the exception of this last one). All the aforementioned need to go. Even Tarzan.

The thing that I hate is that it's extremely likely that Jonas will be bitter when it comes time to vote for the winner, and will just vote for whomever he hates the least, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. For some reason he seemed to focus on Troyzan as he was leaving, I'm guessing because he's perceived as being the leader (after all, he is basically Coach 2.0). So, if Troyzan dominates the challenges, works the social game, and cruises to the finale, he's likely to lose anyway, due to a bunch of people who are butthurt that they got outplayed. Once again, riding coattails will be the key to victory.

If Troyzan can play all sides enough to not get targeted, he's got this game in the bag. One of those more mature younger girls are about the only other people I can see making it to the end. Probably with Troyzan.

He never really screwed anybody over is the thing. Hard for a jury to be bitter towards him. All he's gotta do is tank the challenges when somebody other than him is everybody's target, so he doesn't appear to dominate.

I fucking lost it when Tarzan threw his shitty underwear on top of the girl's clean panties. That was the funniest thing I've seen on Survivor in a while.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']i fucking lost it when tarzan threw his shitty underwear on top of the girl's clean panties. That was the funniest thing i've seen on survivor in a while.[/quote]

it was dirt!!!!!@#@#!!!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']One of those more mature younger girls[/QUOTE]...

There's not too many. The only mature female in my eyes is Kristina. And she shoulda done EVERYTHING to vote off Alicia, yet is on her alliance for some reason now... [facepalm]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The thing that I hate is that it's extremely likely that Jonas will be bitter when it comes time to vote for the winner, and will just vote for whomever he hates the least, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. For some reason he seemed to focus on Troyzan as he was leaving, I'm guessing because he's perceived as being the leader (after all, he is basically Coach 2.0). So, if Troyzan dominates the challenges, works the social game, and cruises to the finale, he's likely to lose anyway, due to a bunch of people who are butthurt that they got outplayed. Once again, riding coattails will be the key to victory.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like that makes me not mind the inevitable all star season that we will get next season.

Jonas did not look bitter at Tribal last night. This season is getting better as the weeks go on - especially since the mean aspect of Colton is gone. Kim is shaping up to be quite the player. Tough as nails at challenges, thinking ahead and able to tell small but believable lies to manipulate people. Once Jay is gone I seriously think she is the biggest physical threat left in the game.

I thought Jeff said in last week's episode there wasn't going to be any more tribe challenges. They can't even edit themselves.

I wouldn't risk any injury off that slide for a 7UP (lol really).

Kim didn't show that great. 3 people on the outside based on the vote, 2 girls. I thought the plan was keeping all options open... wouldn't that mean to keep the other 2 girls in the loop on the vote... but no. The preview leads you to her now on the bullseye. With 3 on the outside, the vote isn't as clear as she planned.

I thought the Tarzan votes were maybe to make sure someone else went home if Mike played an idol. Based on the fact that Jay voted for Mike I think the entire tribe was on the same page with the votes.... except Tarzan.

[quote name='Necrozilla']I don't know what makes the men think that the random Tribe switch was more trustworthy than the original men vs women tribes.[/QUOTE]

Titties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back