Survivor: Philippines thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cantatus']Seems a little early for there to be rumors of the 26th season, but who knows? They've really been on this kick of bringing back former players for some reason.[/QUOTE]

They film back to back now and I found a story that said they were filming earlier then usual this year so its believable. I hope its not true because the rumored returning cast was pretty awful. They should have gone full all star for 25 and all new cast for 26.

[quote name='Cantatus']I actually remarked the same thing. Alicia was obviously genuinely sorry. While Colton did apologize, it seemed like he was trying too hard to pass it off on that that was just the way he was playing the game, which I don't think anyone believes.[/QUOTE]

In a way, I thought he almost looked proud of how he behaved. Why? Because it's getting him more attention and he already knows he'll be back for another season. Acting that way got him exactly what he wanted. He's an attention whore, drama queen to the highest degree, and he was practically basking in it at the reunion. And he's going to play up to it even more whenever he's on the show again. Mark my words. The only thing I can hope for is that he's put with a strong cast of contestants who won't tolerate that shit and get rid of him immediately. I just don't know if the show would allow that. As the saying goes, "there's no such thing as bad press".

[quote name='yankeessuck']They film back to back now and I found a story that said they were filming earlier then usual this year so its believable. I hope its not true because the rumored returning cast was pretty awful. They should have gone full all star for 25 and all new cast for 26.[/QUOTE]They're casting for 26 right now, because they had the teaser for it out there in the reunion show about submitting your 3-minute video tape entry. Most likely, they've already shot 25 and they're in post-production working up to September.

At this point, if they cast another set of braindead and useless castaways like they had in S24, any of us in here could win Survivor without question.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']In a way, I thought he almost looked proud of how he behaved. Why? Because it's getting him more attention and he already knows he'll be back for another season. Acting that way got him exactly what he wanted. He's an attention whore, drama queen to the highest degree, and he was practically basking in it at the reunion. And he's going to play up to it even more whenever he's on the show again. Mark my words. The only thing I can hope for is that he's put with a strong cast of contestants who won't tolerate that shit and get rid of him immediately. I just don't know if the show would allow that. As the saying goes, "there's no such thing as bad press".[/QUOTE]He's drama-queening it up, no question there.

I truly hope that this is the last we've seen of Colton for good.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're casting for 26 right now, because they had the teaser for it out there in the reunion show about submitting your 3-minute video tape entry. Most likely, they've already shot 25 and they're in post-production working up to September.

[/QUOTE]

All that was said was that you can submit a video. Thats not very specific to any season. Because if they are done with 25 they likely wouldnt be that far from starting 26 since they like to reuse locations and film back to back.

[quote name='shrike4242']I truly hope that this is the last we've seen of Colton for good.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would like to see him one more time.... [customspoiler=when]on the news after he was beaten by some ghetto trash stand-up comedians.[/customspoiler]

Not bad... not bad at all...

Asuj-nJCIAAolUV.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Kat looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar in that picture.[/QUOTE]

and surprisingly the 4th hottest. Alicia cleans up kind of nice - too bad she is rotten on the inside.

[quote name='yankeessuck']They film back to back now and I found a story that said they were filming earlier then usual this year so its believable. I hope its not true because the rumored returning cast was pretty awful. They should have gone full all star for 25 and all new cast for 26.[/QUOTE]

Oh good god, I just saw the rumored list of who is returning. There's no way that can be Fans vs. "Favorites". There has to be some other contrivance because that's one of the most cringe-worthy list of names they could possibly come up with.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']In a way, I thought he almost looked proud of how he behaved. Why? Because it's getting him more attention and he already knows he'll be back for another season. Acting that way got him exactly what he wanted. He's an attention whore, drama queen to the highest degree, and he was practically basking in it at the reunion. And he's going to play up to it even more whenever he's on the show again. Mark my words. The only thing I can hope for is that he's put with a strong cast of contestants who won't tolerate that shit and get rid of him immediately. I just don't know if the show would allow that. As the saying goes, "there's no such thing as bad press".[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree in the least. I have some people in my life that just love drama. It doesn't matter if it makes them look good or bad. If they have drama to go on about, they're happy. Colton pretty much reminds me of that. I think he probably realizes that what he said and did were wrong, but at the end of the day, the much more important thing to him is that he's getting attention for doing it. Like you said, if he were to return to the game, he'd likely ratchet it up even more just because it was so successful the first time at getting him some notoriety.

[quote name='parker99']I don't think its fair that Kim won $1,000,000 & $100,000.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is fair that she only won that much after making everyone her bitches all season long. Shouldn't they increase the prize money anyway? $1,000,000 ain't what it used to be.

[quote name='parker99']I don't think its fair that Kim won $1,000,000 & $100,000.[/QUOTE]

Nobody else did anything to deserve a prize

[quote name='yankeessuck']Nobody else did anything to deserve a prize[/QUOTE]
Eh... can't really say that. Colton got all the strong guys out before they even had a chance. He looked like the first one out and turned out to be a force until God intervened. If he had played out, I think the game would have looked a lot different.

[quote name='parker99']I don't think its fair that Kim won $1,000,000 & $100,000.[/quote]
I know we should give everyone an award for just for participating like they were 5 year old kids playing tee ball and losing.

[quote name='lordopus99']Eh... can't really say that. Colton got all the strong guys out before they even had a chance. He looked like the first one out and turned out to be a force until God intervened. If he had played out, I think the game would have looked a lot different.[/QUOTE]

All the strong guys? It was just Bill and Matt.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']All the strong guys? It was just Bill and Matt.[/QUOTE]
When Matt went, Jay and Mike switched "sides." In other words, broke that shit up. So if Colton had continued this game, you don't believe it would look a lot different in outcome?

No, I think it definitely would have looked a lot different. As far as the "strong guys" go, there wasn't much to break up. It was 5 against 4. They weren't running shit.

That's kind of a shitty argument though. The problem I had with Colton's strategy (and really, Alicia's strategy at the beginning as well), was that they were both entirely fixated on who they didn't like in their own tribe and who they wanted to get rid of asap...completely ignoring the fact that to be ABLE to get rid of someone from your own tribe, it requires you to lose. In some instances, the loss was probably inevitable, but I just hated the mentality. Regardless of how you feel about your tribemates, when the game first starts, they're your allies. Just getting rid of your best players and counting on being able to lose your way to the merge was dumb as hell.

The only reason Colton had any power at all was because Sabrina saved his ass, and the rest of the guys were too dumb to figure out how to flush out an idol...ESPECIALLY when he tells you he has it. It was just piss poor playing all the way around. "Oh, Colton has an immunity idol. I guess we have to go along with every little thing he wants...including volunteering to go to tribal...and including voting out someone we don't really want to get rid of. Ho hum...oh well." Geez...just thinking back on the terrible strategizing that went on this past season is making me disgusted again, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's kind of a shitty argument though. The problem I had with Colton's strategy (and really, Alicia's strategy at the beginning as well), was that they were both entirely fixated on who they didn't like in their own tribe and who they wanted to get rid of asap...completely ignoring the fact that to be ABLE to get rid of someone from your own tribe, it requires you to lose. In some instances, the loss was probably inevitable, but I just hated the mentality. Regardless of how you feel about your tribemates, when the game first starts, they're your allies. Just getting rid of your best players and counting on being able to lose your way to the merge was dumb as hell.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I'm not sure Colton staying in the game would've changed much. Colton never had any strategy and wasn't really playing the game. He was too busy taking everything personally and just trying to make camp comfortable for himself by getting rid of anyone he saw as being below his station.

The whole "insert name here" deserves to win argument is invalid unless you are on the jury. They are given no direction as to how to evaluate a winner, which is the beauty of the game in my opinion. It doesn't matter how you get to the end, just that you get there. And I still wonder what Troyzan thought Kim's moment was that she had the game.

[quote name='hufferstl']And I still wonder what Troyzan thought Kim's moment was that she had the game.[/QUOTE]

Eh, wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wanted the answer to be when he lost immunity and she could take him out. He likely wanted his ego stroked.

The returning players are exactly who everyone predicted. I hope we don't get another sheeple season.

Black Russell is the leader of the Monkey tribe... Are you kidding me, CBS?

Actually glad to see Mike from Season 2 back. That dude fell in a fire, lol. That's a fucked up way to leave the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back