Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete 1 of the Spartan Ops missions. Do I just wait to get a confirmation email, then spend $100+ and automatically get $50 refunded on the credit statement?

[quote name='golfing7861']Complete 1 of the Spartan Ops missions. Do I just wait to get a confirmation email, then spend $100+ and automatically get $50 refunded on the credit statement?[/QUOTE]

yes.

[quote name='lwhitit']Beat the game on tuesday, i just got the credit email today.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I beat it on Wednesday and was starting to worry.

[quote name='pROvIs']Good to hear. I beat it on Wednesday and was starting to worry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i am not going to lie, i was freaking out... Let us know if it comes in tomorrow. Its been pretty consistent 4-5 day wait for everyone to get the confirmation email.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I got a $20 and $50 for spending $100 but never got the $10 for synching.[/QUOTE]

After you sign up for the sync process on the xbox console, you need to go back into the xbox ad, and select it. It is the only one that is not automatically applied.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Never played a Halo game before but starting H4 up tonight. Guess this marketing works ;p[/QUOTE]

I just beat halo 4 today! took 2 days (takes 6-8 hours)

[quote name='Pookymeister']So is this Spartan Ops achievement from multiplayer? Guess i need to use the 14 day live trial card if so.[/QUOTE]

You can play it single player but you have to be a gold member.

I bought $200 worth of gift cards today to redeem the $50 off $100 and the twitter $20 off $200. Sweet deal for me. $130 for $200 in a mix of amazon and steam credit.

Has anyone successfully stacked the xbox and facebook promos? I don't want todrop 200 if i'm going to need to drop $200 again a second time to activate the $20 promo.

I've seen people mentioning it, im curious if anyone has actually gotten confirmation emails after making a single $200 purchase.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Has anyone successfully stacked the xbox and facebook promos? I don't want todrop 200 if i'm going to need to drop $200 again a second time to activate the $20 promo.

I've seen people mentioning it, im curious if anyone has actually gotten confirmation emails after making a single $200 purchase.[/QUOTE]
Its been confirmed multiple times if you look at the last few pages of this thread

Here's my post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10232539&postcount=446

[quote name='pROvIs']You can play it single player but you have to be a gold member.

I bought $200 worth of gift cards today to redeem the $50 off $100 and the twitter $20 off $200. Sweet deal for me. $130 for $200 in a mix of amazon and steam credit.[/QUOTE]

is there a different new twitter promo? I only know of the facebook one that gives you $20.

[quote name='Donut2922']is there a different new twitter promo? I only know of the facebook one that gives you $20.[/QUOTE]
FB/Twitter/online Amex account $20 off 200 BB sync promos are the same so you can only do it once per card number -- doesn't matter where you activated it from

[quote name='JaTaN']FB/Twitter/online Amex account $20 off 200 BB sync promos are the same so you can only do it once per card number -- doesn't matter where you activated it from[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Then this is different from the promo that we did back in August when we got $20 back from the twitter promo right? Reason being iirc it wasnt a $200 threshold.

It's probably been mentioned, but I got a $25 off $250 for "in-store pickup" email from Best Buy. So that is yet another that should stack no problem. Combined with the Halo 4 offer and the facebook/twitter offer, that is $95 off of $250. Any chance we can get this thing to $250 off $250? :applause:

Now to decide what I want to get with these promos. Wii-U? Ipod Touch? Ipad Mini? Kindle Fire HD? A couple of Kindle paperwhites (so I can give one as a gift and keep one for myself). Decisions. Decisions. :bouncy:

[quote name='cthomer5000']Gah, i didn't catch that. Sorry, thanks![/QUOTE]
No problem -- just make sure you got the $50/100 activation email from Amex before making your purchase (takes up to 7 days after getting the achievement)

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks. Then this is different from the promo that we did back in August when we got $20 back from the twitter promo right? Reason being iirc it wasnt a $200 threshold.[/QUOTE]
Should be different -- normally you go by the promo expiration date (I think that Aug promo was from July til Sept and this one is Nov til Dec)

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I know people have talked abotu using like a 48 hour trial... but has anyone confirmed that they got the $50 off $100 best buy offer?[/QUOTE]
i got it on my second account with a trial.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I know people have talked abotu using like a 48 hour trial... but has anyone confirmed that they got the $50 off $100 best buy offer?[/QUOTE]

I've got all of them except the 10$ for the initial syncing. Best Buy, pac sun and the AMC posted a credit within a day or 2 of purchase.

BEST BUY 150 SAN BERNARDINO

I received the 10 dollar sync credit when I signed up. Played Halo and got the achievement " operation completion " on nov.15 . Still no email from Amex about the best buys offer.
I call them 2 nights ago and got the total blow off answer, "we are working on the issue and you should receive the email with in 24 hours".

Needless to say I still haven't received the email offer.

Got both achievements on Nov. 20, got an e-mail notifying me I unlocked the offers on Nov. 26 and received my $25 statement credit today. Will probably head to best buy and buy some gift cards later this week and take advantage of the 50 off 100 and the 20 off 200 by stacking them.

Does anyone know if the $100 (for $50 back via Halo4 promo) or $200 ($20 back via fb/twitter/etc promo) have to be instore? I know these stack. The easiest thing for me would be to just add $200 to my pitchin card online.

FYI, I received the $20 Facebook promo even though I did not make any $200 orders. I did make several orders that, together, added up to more than $200 so perhaps that did it? The $20 credit appears as "Best Buy Offer" on my credit card statement along with the $50 and $25 Halo offers.

I bought $200 in Gift cards last night. No emails from Amex regarding the Facebook $20 or $50 promos. Not sure if I should be expecting anything or not.....in the past, their FB/Twitter sync stuff got me an instant email though so curious about that.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but are you able to purchase a pre-paid Visa card at Bestbuy and still qualify for the $50 off $100 and $20 off $200 offers?

My question is more will I still get the credits from Amex if I buy a pre-paid visa instead of merchandise or a bestbuy gift card.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I bought $200 in Gift cards last night. No emails from Amex regarding the Facebook $20 or $50 promos. Not sure if I should be expecting anything or not.....in the past, their FB/Twitter sync stuff got me an instant email though so curious about that.[/QUOTE]

I made my purchase today and I also haven't received an email. I am a little concerned as in the past the email was nearly instant.

[quote name='kemical']My question is more will I still get the credits from Amex if I buy a pre-paid visa instead of merchandise or a bestbuy gift card.[/QUOTE]

I believe so. Some guy said that "ANY charge of >$200 on an AMEX card is good for both."

Both $50/100 & $20/200 BB promos stack with a single $200.00+ purchase

It doesn't matter what you buy as long as there's a single $200.00+ charge to your card -- Amex only sees the final amount that you charged (basically what you see when you login to your online Amex account) so it doesn't matter what you buy and it can include tax

[quote name='kemical']My question is more will I still get the credits from Amex if I buy a pre-paid visa instead of merchandise or a bestbuy gift card.[/QUOTE]

There is no way for Amex to know what you bought so I imagine you should be fine.

I bought kindle gift cards and have already gotten Twitter and halo credits ($70). Kindle cards are good for any Amazon merchandise including from third party sellers.

Still trying to get through the game though which is way too repetitive.

[quote name='AJVtony831']There is no way for Amex to know what you bought so I imagine you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

This.

I just bought $100 worth of PSN prepaid cards and got $50 back :)

For anyone curious I bought $100 gift cards with two amex cards. Both cards though are on my same costco amex account so I was worried it would only work on one. Got $50 credit for both transactions and got my $10. Since on my account I only can add one offer to my account I thought it might be limited to one per account, but its one per card #.

Not I gotta finish Halo 4. Been busy with other games.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']For anyone curious I bought $100 gift cards with two amex cards. Both cards though are on my same costco amex account so I was worried it would only work on one. Got $50 credit for both transactions and got my $10. Since on my account I only can add one offer to my account I thought it might be limited to one per account, but its one per card #.

Not I gotta finish Halo 4. Been busy with other games.[/QUOTE]
Amex Sync promos are per Amex card number

If you have a regular Amex card thats directly from Amex (personal & small biz cards shown on americanexpress.com, corporate cards are excluded from sync promos) then authorized users get separate account numbers (each AU can do their own sync promos)

If you have an Amex card from a bank/CU (like BOA/Citi/Fidelity/Penfed/etc) then those AUs don't get different account numbers so only 1 sync promo on those

bought a total of $200 in GCs on Wednesday. The credits ($50 and $20?) should appear soon.

gotta get to beating Halo 4. Currently at the start of mission 3 on solo legendary. Hope I make it in time

Does the $50/20 bonuses have to be all on ONE transaction? I'm assuming it does just have to be a single $200 transaction. But here's a new wrinkle. What if I combine some things that are online only, and some that are for store pickup. Alot of times if you look at your statements, those will end up being charged separately (i.e. when the item ships it will get charged separately). Has anyone done that type of order smoothly, or might it cause a problem? I suppose to be safe I should just go to a store and spend the full $200 in one visit - but one of the things I wanted is online only - and the others are Christmas gifts for people so I'd rather just go pick them up. If it would 100% work then I might just go for it, otherwise I guess I will have to pick out some "filler" for myself to reach $200 on a store visit. It shouldn't be a major problem either way really, but I was just curious.

[quote name='illennium']FYI, I received the $20 Facebook promo even though I did not make any $200 orders. I did make several orders that, together, added up to more than $200 so perhaps that did it? The $20 credit appears as "Best Buy Offer" on my credit card statement along with the $50 and $25 Halo offers.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.

This would be extremely useful to me if anyone else has the same experience to verify.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Does the $50/20 bonuses have to be all on ONE transaction? I'm assuming it does just have to be a single $200 transaction. But here's a new wrinkle. What if I combine some things that are online only, and some that are for store pickup. Alot of times if you look at your statements, those will end up being charged separately (i.e. when the item ships it will get charged separately). Has anyone done that type of order smoothly, or might it cause a problem? I suppose to be safe I should just go to a store and spend the full $200 in one visit - but one of the things I wanted is online only - and the others are Christmas gifts for people so I'd rather just go pick them up. If it would 100% work then I might just go for it, otherwise I guess I will have to pick out some "filler" for myself to reach $200 on a store visit. It shouldn't be a major problem either way really, but I was just curious.[/QUOTE]Buy a $200 gift card from a local store then use it on whatever you want

You can buy a GC online, but make sure its the traditional GC that they mail to you -- the eGC is sold by a 3rd party company

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wirechild']I made my purchase today and I also haven't received an email. I am a little concerned as in the past the email was nearly instant.[/QUOTE]

Still nothing for me either. Are other people getting confirmation emails from AmEx for either the $50/$100 or $20/$200 deals recently?
The $211 charge is already posted to my account, so not sure at what point i need to contact them...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Still nothing for me either. Are other people getting confirmation emails from AmEx for either the $50/$100 or $20/$200 deals recently?
The $211 charge is already posted to my account, so not sure at what point i need to contact them...[/QUOTE]

call them

[quote name='The Punisher']call them[/QUOTE]

Well, the $20 and $50 credits posted today - so i guess even if you don't get an email it still will work. Yippee :D

bread's done
Back