Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone was curious, the $50 off $100 at Best Buy promotion works on combined purchases that add up to $100. I bought eight of those 3-month XBL cards in eight separate transactions last week and finally got the credit today. Woot!

I was looking all over to see if multiple purchases count towards the total spent and I can finally confirm that they do! :bouncy:

Dear Newl:

Great news cRow Dance! You were one of the first 25 synced Cardmembers to complete the "Lone Wolf Legend" achievement in Halo 4, making you a potential winner in the Halo 4 Sync with Xbox Competition. You and a guest are invited to E3 2013 in Los Angeles, CA from June 11-13, 2013, subject to verification of your eligibility and compliance with the terms of the Official Rules.

To enjoy your prize, you will need to complete and return the following:
- Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release form
- 1099 form
- In addition, your guest must sign a Companion Liability/Publicity Release form

An ePrize representative will email you shortly, on behalf of American Express, to verify your eligibility and explain next steps. If you do not receive an email from [email protected] within 2 to 3 business days, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you for syncing your American Express® Card with Xbox 360 and great job completing "Lone Wolf Legend." To request a complete list of winners, please email [email protected] after January 15, 2013.

Happy gaming!

Sincerely,
American Express

See contest rules at https://sync.americanexpress.com/Xbox/OfferTerms for complete details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your email address will only be used in connection with this program.
Unless you elected to receive marketing offers from the American Express Network when you synced your Card, it will not be retained for on-going marketing use.
The American Express Network website is a place for consumers to find out more about special programs available for Cardmembers holding any American Express®-branded Card. The website is a resource for Cardmembers to find out about unique experiences, special insights, and Cardmember promotions and benefits.

View Our Privacy Statement: http://www1.amexnetwork.com/privacy.html

This email was sent to: [email protected]

We are unable to respond to account inquiries sent in reply to this email.

If the Card you synced is replaced during the promotional period, or for any questions regarding your account, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance.

Copyright 2013 American Express Company. All rights reserved.

American Express made the following annotations on Mon Jan 07 2013 10:35:28
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."
American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le Mon Jan 07 2013 10:35:28
Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HECK YES! :whee:

So glad I had that Tuesday off work.

i feel dumb for buying two best buy gift cards and i have nothing to buy - can i use those bb gc to buy an amazon gc at the store? do they allow that

[quote name='diablofreak']i feel dumb for buying two best buy gift cards and i have nothing to buy - can i use those bb gc to buy an amazon gc at the store? do they allow that[/QUOTE]

Yes, just buy some Kindle cards.

[quote name='Kromis']In case anyone was curious, the $50 off $100 at Best Buy promotion works on combined purchases that add up to $100. I bought eight of those 3-month XBL cards in eight separate transactions last week and finally got the credit today. Woot!

I was looking all over to see if multiple purchases count towards the total spent and I can finally confirm that they do! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you are refrerring to the AMEX offer after you have synced the card. I was thinking of getting some gift cards or Xbox Live Gold cards. I couldn't find any purchase exclusions when I did some searching and was afraid it might have to be actual merchandise. I guess since the offer is from AMEX and not Best Buy, AMEX doesn't really care.

Has anyone run into problems just buying any kind of gift cards? It seems like an easy $50. A little too easy...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I am assuming you are refrerring to the AMEX offer after you have synced the card. I was thinking of getting some gift cards or Xbox Live Gold cards. I couldn't find any purchase exclusions when I did some searching and was afraid it might have to be actual merchandise. I guess since the offer is from AMEX and not Best Buy, AMEX doesn't really care.

Has anyone run into problems just buying any kind of gift cards? It seems like an easy $50. A little too easy...[/QUOTE]

Gift cards worked just fine for me. I bought nothing but gift cards. But I did it very early in the deal, and right away after I got the email.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Gift cards worked just fine for me. I bought nothing but gift cards. But I did it very early in the deal, and right away after I got the email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback.

Just a reminder to everyone: The American Express Spend $100 at Best Buy, Get $50 Back ends on 1/31/2013 so you just have a few more days to take advantage of it.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/Xbox/OfferTerms

[quote name='Newl']HECK YES! :whee:

So glad I had that Tuesday off work.[/QUOTE]

Paying taxes on $6000 prize is going to suck. Atleast you get a $500 amex gift card.

[quote name='nas6034']Paying taxes on $6000 prize is going to suck. Atleast you get a $500 amex gift card.[/QUOTE]

Who let Debbie downer into the room.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']If I bought a drawing tablet for $99.99 would it count?

Also do they take returns for items without a receipt?[/QUOTE]

$99.99 is not $100. Do not know if they count tax in the total, so why not add something $1.XX like a soda?

Trying to return w/o receipt takes A LOT of wrangling. Need manager approval, plus they copy your Driver's License, etc.

[quote name='bh47']$99.99 is not $100. Do not know if they count tax in the total, so why not add something $1.XX like a soda?

Trying to return w/o receipt takes A LOT of wrangling. Need manager approval, plus they copy your Driver's License, etc.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I guess I'll buy a gift card again. If I already took advantage of that deal in November can I do it again or no?

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Dang. I guess I'll buy a gift card again. If I already took advantage of that deal in November can I do it again or no?[/QUOTE]

You only get 1 credit per AMEX. So if you got the $50 credit for $100+ purchase for that AMEX then no more. Also, $99.99 will be a no but if it is $100+ after taxes then its ok.

[quote name='bh47']$99.99 is not $100. Do not know if they count tax in the total, so why not add something $1.XX like a soda?

Trying to return w/o receipt takes A LOT of wrangling. Need manager approval, plus they copy your Driver's License, etc.[/QUOTE]

AMEX only cares about (and only sees) the final cost. If tax brings you over $100, you are good.

So I received an email stating that I have until the end of the month to redeem the 50 of 100 dollar purchase at best buy. What is strange about thsi email is that I have already redeemed it when the WiiU came out. I double checked my Amex statements to make sure this was true, and sure enough. The 50 dollars off was applied.

What do you guys think? Should I maybe purchase a $50 gift card and see if the 50 dollars comes off?

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']So I received an email stating that I have until the end of the month to redeem the 50 of 100 dollar purchase at best buy. What is strange about thsi email is that I have already redeemed it when the WiiU came out. I double checked my Amex statements to make sure this was true, and sure enough. The 50 dollars off was applied.

What do you guys think? Should I maybe purchase a $50 gift card and see if the 50 dollars comes off?[/QUOTE]

I might if I thought I could use the gift card. You could always call and complain showing them the date on their email and the fact that you purchased it because they sent it to you. Of course, there may be some fine print in that email that says it doesn't take into account previous credits, etc.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I am assuming you are refrerring to the AMEX offer after you have synced the card. I was thinking of getting some gift cards or Xbox Live Gold cards. I couldn't find any purchase exclusions when I did some searching and was afraid it might have to be actual merchandise. I guess since the offer is from AMEX and not Best Buy, AMEX doesn't really care.

Has anyone run into problems just buying any kind of gift cards? It seems like an easy $50. A little too easy...[/QUOTE]

I bought $100 worth of Amazon gift cards at Best Buy with my Amex, got my $50 credit no problem. This whole Halo/Amex thing was such an awesome deal. I ended up making $95 from buying a $60 game that I wanted anyway. :)

Called AmEx today since I still have not received the $10 credit for syncing with my Xbox. They kept saying "you have to beat the game first", so I had to explain that this credit had nothing to do with Halo, it was simply for synching my Xbox account with my AmEx. I actually received the Halo $25 and BB $50 within a week of earning them and thought those were the ones that would have take forever to come in. They entered a case for me and I should hear back in a few days.

-Update 1/31-
AmEx called. They were like "are you sure you clicked the offer, cause we don't see it on your card." Considering the only way to get the Halo offers which they've already given me was to initially link my AmEx to Xbox, "yes I clicked the offer" :p Hope to hear back again in a few days.

-Update 2/1-
AmEx called again and asked for an email confirming the $10. The initial sync email I received didn't mention the $10 promo though. AmEx said I didn't click the right thing to enroll, but I just clicked whatever the Xbox dashboard told me. In the end they said they would make an exception and give me the $10 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back