Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

found a pikachu n64 today, but guy wouldn't move from $30 for it.

ended up getting:
NES - Fester's Quest (cart)
NES - Disney Adventures in Magic Kingdom (cart)
DC - Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (complete)

$12, so i just average it out to $4 a pop. it was probably like 6, 3, and 3 or something.

This morning I got...
:ps2:
Kessen (very good condition)--$5.00
Dark Cloud 2 (good condition)--$5.00
Tales Of The Abyss (near perfect)--$5.00

I stopped at a pawn shop today that I rarely visit since they price their stuff based on ebay, and I ended up finding Fatal Frame (PS2) for $7. Good times.

[quote name='whitedeath']the pawn shops by me have way over priced items.[/quote]

I hate that. The only pawnshop in my area and a PS1 is $125. Whenever someone enters he makes sure to ask "If you have a Wii, we'll buy it for $100."

[quote name='Ace_Defective']This morning I got...
Kessen (very good condition)--$5.00
Dark Cloud 2 (good condition)--$5.00
Tales Of The Abyss (near perfect)--$5.00[/quote]

That's a really awesome deal for Tales of the Abyss. :3 Very lucky of you, it's a fantastic game.

Thanks, Ryouko. Joining CAG, and reading this thread inspired me to go pawn hopping more often. I have found more good stuff in the past 6 months than I found in the previous 2 years. Here is a list of the really good deals I found since I joined CAG, minus the "just OK stuff"...

Fatal Frame--$6.99
Fatal Frame II--10.00
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II--$4.99
Tales of the Abyss--$5.00
:gc:
Gamecube System + 2 controllers(one original, one Madcats wireless)--$19.99
Metal gear solid: The Twin Snakes X2--$4.99 each
Super Smash Bros. Melee(no manual)--$3.50
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem X2--$5.00 each
Resident Evil-- $3.50

With the exception of "Fatal Frame II", I probably would not have found any of these deals without CAG.:applause:

Is there some sorta connection between fatal frame and pawn shops? It seems to be a find we all have in common here.

I had a semi-decent pull this weekend:

-Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PS2) $4
-Klonoa 2 (PS2) $4
-Bully (PS2) $4
-Star Wars Jedi Outcast (Xbox) $5
-Pikmin (Cube) $10
-Eternal Darkness (Cube) $10
-CIB Pokemon Fire Red(and there was a copy of Sapphire in there too!) $8

Unfortunately I think my pawn options are thinning. One of the local shops got a gamer on the staff, and he told me he was going to crack down on some of the better games selling for cheap. The other place seems to be in a rut, and their staff sometimes pisses me off to the point of not returning for a good long while... they'll do that thing where they give you a price for something, you come in the next day and they're asking for more because "demand went up".

You guys are lucky the two Pawn shops we have in Kennewick, WA don't have much. I've found one or two things there and that's it.

I got Gears of War 2 Collectors Edition without the slip covers, artbook, photo, and manual, but it had an unused golden lancer, 48 hour, and flashback maps codes.
got it for $37

Today I got a Broken Xbo360, a copy of FFVII missing Disk 1 and a box set of the Starwars 4,5,6. all for $40, I consider it a good haul considering I can part the 360 out for that and then sell the FFVII Disks for 10 and 20 a piece!! and keep the star wars disks, I have been looking for them forever!!

Sinn Box! good to see your still rolling in the deals

My latest finds from pawn shop was a complete copy of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for 10 bucks.

[quote name='omg itz adam']Sinn Box! good to see your still rolling in the deals

My latest finds from pawn shop was a complete copy of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for 10 bucks.[/quote]
Hey, long time no talk!! ya, I haven't had time to post here in a while, I found a Twin snakes for $10 afew months ago, since there arent many Garage sales lately I havent found many ggood games, but the local Pawn gets afew goodies in once in a while.

Nothing great today.

Obscure: The Aftermath(complete, near perfect)--$4.99
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within(complete, very good condition)--$4.99
Kingdom Hearts II(complete, very good condition)--$8.00

SNES
Donkey Kong Country(cart. only)--$3.00

Didn't realize that there was a thread dedicated to just the pawn shops. I haven;t had much in the way of good deal so far this year but I will post my best find at a pawnshop to date.

From 2-28-08:

I finally had a score that was worth writing down today... I stopped into the local pawn shop and looked around for a few minutes and noticed that there were some new playstation games that have been added. I started looking through them and then realized I have hit a gold mine...

I picked up COMPLETE:

King's Field
King's Field 2
Wild Arms 2
Breath of Fire 3
Breath of Fire 4
Vandal Hearts 2
The Granstream Saga
Threads of Fate
Star Ocean: Second Story
Shadow Madness
Grandia
XenoGears
SUIKODEN 2!!

Disc Only:

Wild Arms 3
Parasite Eve 2

I walked up to the counter and the lady looked at me a little strange and asked that I wanted the "old" playstation games. I replied yes and she told me that they were $10 each. However she told me that since I had so many and that I frequent them often, SHe would let me take them all for $75. I tried to offer $70 but she was firm on $75. I threw her the cash out of my wallet which only was there because of a DS deal that fell through and walked off a happy man. They had a few other RPGs as well but I didn't have any more cash to spare. I'll hit them again this weekend. But once again... Suikoden 2... still worth more than what I paid for the whole lot of games...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2299416103/

PS1
Panzer General with long box

NES
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet

Woulda thought the NES games were worth something, but after some ebay checking I guess not =\

Today I picked up wireless adapter for the original Xbox for $10. It was laying on a shelf with a bunch of random controllers. Always look close, you never know what is mixed in.

I got a pretty good Gamecube haul today.

:gc:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance--$5.00 :D
Super Mario Strikers--$5.00
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness--$5.00
Mario Kart: Double Dash--$5.00 :)
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody--$5.00
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect--$5.00

All complete, and for the most part in very good condition(Fire Emblem's manual is missing the cover).

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a few items was wondering if they were good deals
xbox 360 with 20 gb HD, wireless controller $165
30 gb zune white with cables $85
30 gb zune brown with case and official Zune fm Transmitter $150

Saw a disc only :ps1: Bushido Blade for $2 with a Hollywood Video sticker impaled on the top of it. Passed.

:360: Dead Rising and Tomb Raider Anniversary, $5/ea disc only. Passed as well. I'm a stickler for cases.

My two month lucky streak at the pawn shops is over. :cry:

This weeks haul...
NES:
Final Fantasy(including the manual & both maps, no box)-- $5.00

I know it's not that rare or anything, but I'm happy with the price.

I went pawn shopping this weekend and didn't find much. The only thing I picked up was Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color for $5. It's more than I wanted to pay, but it's worth at least $15 so it's not too bad a deal.

Finally found something good at a pawn shop! I went to a pawn shop I'd never visited and picked up the following (I didn't get a chance to look through all their stuff yet):

Intellegent Qube (PS1) - $5.00
Resident Evil 3 (PS1) - $5.00
Zelda: Collector's Edition (Gamecube) - $5.00

For the most part they had all of their last gen and earlier games flat priced at $5.00. Great deal overall. I'll probably head back their again sometime soon.

theres a Loan USA near me and last time I went in there with games and dvd's the guy offered me 1 buck a piece and as usual the little selection they did have was overpriced....

[quote name='kube00']Doomstink that IQ can fetch up to $70 on ebay...[/quote]

Yep, and the Zelda Collector's Edition can get around $40 (its immaculately mint) and RE:3 can get about $20. I paid $15 to make around $120. :)

Then again I've paid $4.99 for a game I sold for $160.00 once (E.V.O. complete in box). So it's not my best score ever.

picked up what is considered the rarest us virtual boy game (lmao) jack bros for a whopping 3 dollars...i didnt even know what i had till i got home and looked it up

was a pretty fun game but i got into snes gaming and let it go

Mario Kart 64- $4
Banjo Kazooie- $4
Bomberman Hero- $4
The Granstream Sga- $1.50
Fear Effect- $1.50
Alundra 2- $1.50

All of it was inside a box behind the counter. Why not put it out if you wanna sell it? Worked out for me.

Haven't posted here in awhile!

I found some oldies-but-goodies today at the local pawn shop. This is pretty much the only local shop that still carries PS1 games, at a flat price of $5 apiece. I’ve found some good titles here in the past year: Mega Man Legends, Final Fantasy VII, and Xenogears have been among the highlights. (In the past few years, I’ve found Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II as well.)
Today brings us…

• Resident Evil PS1 longbox — $5
  • Jumping Flash PS1 longbox — $5
  • Mortal Kombat 3 PS1 longbox –$5
All are complete without any breaks in the longboxes. It’s especially nice to find Resident Evil in this condition, considering that the longboxes are irreplacable once they’ve cracked or broken.
I nearly passed on MK3, but I figured $5 was worth it for a complete copy in pretty good shape

[quote name='Mirpkered']
I walked up to the counter and the lady looked at me a little strange and asked that I wanted the "old" playstation games. I replied yes and she told me that they were $10 each. However she told me that since I had so many and that I frequent them often, SHe would let me take them all for $75. I tried to offer $70 but she was firm on $75. [/quote]

That's pretty pricey as far as pawns go, but DAMN did you get some gold for that price.

[quote name='chimpster1313']army of darkness 2-disc limited edition (oop)
[/quote]I bought a copy of Army of Darkness this week at Blockbuster. It had a photocopy of the the Anchor Bay limited cover, but when after I bought it, I saw that it was just the standard edition. Disappointment. I may take it back.

Oh, and Yanya Caballista is worthless.

BTW, I also overheard this conversation in the pawn shop today:

A couple of tween girls are trying to pawn Rockband 2 for the 360.
Owner: Well, how much are you trying to get out of it?
Girls: $300.
Owner: How much did you pay for it originally?
Girls: $200 for the kit and $60 for the game.

:doh:

Fatal Frame (PS2) - $10.00

Got it at the same pawn shop I picked up IQ, RE3, and Zelda last week.

EDIT: Just went to another pawn shop down the road from my apartment and picked up for $15 total:

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
Armored Core: Nexus (PS2)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Uncharted mint $15[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the scratch resistant blu-rays. Thats why I dont worry about buying used PS3 games. Now 360/Wii games on the other hand...................

Been pretty dry on my pawn runs lately. Did come upon an interesting find on Friday though. Saw a laundry basket with a sign on it that said $2 for cables, and $5 for controllers. Looked in and saw various XBox controllers, and XBox 360 cables. Got a Mad Catz component cable, Microsoft composite cable, and 3 360 power supplies. Knew that the power bricks go for a pretty penny after trying to put together a system last summer. Took it up to the counter ready to pay my $10, and the guy behind the counter said $5. Didn't ask any questions and moved on my way.

Good luck to everybody else.

Stopped at a pawn I'd never seen/been to before. The game selection was terrible, but I did manage to score Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist on Blu-Ray for $15. Not bad considering it was brand new and sealed.

[quote name='lolwut?'] I did manage to score Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist on Blu-Ray for $15. Not bad considering it was brand new and sealed.[/quote]Did it give you 3rd degree burns? :p

bread's done
Back