Tales of Graces f - $20; Abyss (3DS) - $15 @ NamcoBandai

So true. I am algorithmic and methodical in my used game buy in and resell timeline to get minimized price/play time, but there are games like Tales and Naruto, various LEs/CEs that I buy new and day one. So as long as the game is attractive enough, even a cheap bastard like me will buy new.

I think the people who complain about the lack of English releases are the ones who bought the game day one already. The western market is just too small, which is sad.
If less people would spend their money on Call of Duty and put it towards better games, we wouldn't have that problem.

Thanks guys, went ahead and bought both, the total came out to be 44.12  (7.5 sales tax i believe)

Thanks everyone, got the work around to work.  Glad I finally had a chance to pick this up for fairly cheap.  I've been kicking myself for not picking it up at a local store for $30 a while back.  I'll probably actually end up playing Xillia before this but still glad to have it!

Last edited by a moderator:
If less people would spend their money on Call of Duty and put it towards better games, we wouldn't have that problem.
While I'm no fan of CoD, I'm also not a fan of these type of comments. I'm a huge supporter of JRPG and other niche titles, but I can do that without putting down other games.

Dammit, horrible day. Tried to price match Tales of Graces after my doctor's appointment. Went to a Target and they didn't have it. Went to a Fred Meyer and they had it but won't price match anything except very specific retailers. Had no idea how to get to the closest Best Buy to see if they even had it; would PM it online via phone, but they don't even have it on their site! Didn't even bother trying Walmart after all that.

Plus I got something I was really wanting on eBay for a great price the other day, and today the person tells me some obvious BS about how they opened it up and saw the top of something was cracked, so they have to cancel the transaction. fml

Dammit, horrible day. Tried to price match Tales of Graces after my doctor's appointment. Went to a Target and they didn't have it. Went to a Fred Meyer and they had it but won't price match anything except very specific retailers. Had no idea how to get to the closest Best Buy to see if they even had it; would PM it online via phone, but they don't even have it on their site! Didn't even bother trying Walmart after all that.

Plus I got something I was really wanting on eBay for a great price the other day, and today the person tells me some obvious BS about how they opened it up and saw the top of something was cracked, so they have to cancel the transaction. fml
Hopefully all that gas spent didn't exceed the shipping cost NB site charges. ;)

I swear if the price was $25.99 with free shipping, the people saying how much shipping sucks would be the first to say "great deal!!"

I went ahead and got both. Thank you, OP.

I swear if the price was $25.99 with free shipping, the people saying how much shipping sucks would be the first to say "great deal!!"
Not "great" but I'm sure they would say "pretty good." I understand what you mean; then again, we've already gone through the whole shipping ordeal, so don't troll this one, Karate Kid. If you have nothing worth related to input, please spare this thread.

26 is a great deal for Graces. I paid 32 for it a month ago, and was happy to do so.
Now Abyss I'm not willing to go to 21 on. I have the PS2 version already, gotta come down a bit more for me.

fuck Target. Seriously. fuck em. Trieed going to 2 of them to pm Tales of the abyss and was denied at both... with no real explanation other than they dont price match publisher/manufacturer sites. Uh-hu.. then how come you PM'd the sony store assholes?

Its really too bad Best Buy still doesn't carry these. Thats the only store that doesn't give me BS when i try to PM things. I swear i dont even know why places like Target claim they PM things. If its not Walmart or BBY or something they always give you shit. I just ordered it from the store and payed the shipping. Has anyone actually PM'd at Target? Next time they give me crap im gonna ask to see their PM policy

Also, amazon isn't a publisher store. If they say that they don't match those, then they don't. The Sony store is, like was mentioned, an actual store--not just some obscure direct order website deal. It seems they are staying in line with their policies and not being hypocrites. 

You guys are going to have to get over your Digital River butthurtedness. If you're passing on good deals from good developers because of the fulfillment agency, then you're harming both yourself and the developer; I doubt the distributor ever sees any of the flak you guys are sending up.
So it's wrong for a consumer trying to get a cheaper price on something they want to buy?

I'm sick and tired of everyone bringing up Developer's on why it's so wrong to buy used games or cheaper games. If a developer wants me to pay full price, they should simply make a better game where I would want to pay for full price, and make it good enough that people won't warrant the idea of trading a game in for me to even buy it used.

Basically that idealism put into every possible situation, it's bad to buy anything for cheap because it hurts a business in someway. So I shouldn't negotiate a price for a car and just pay sticker, or I shouldn't buy this used computer from my buddy. Because it hurts the company that made it because I didn't buy it new?

Sure it's a good offer, I just want to see if I can get a better one at that. There's nothing wrong with that concept, and you have a problem with it. THEN WHY THE HECK ARE YOU ON THIS SITE TO BEGIN WITH!?
Wtf are you talking about? I'm talking about hating the distributor and therefore passing on good deals, which several in this thread have mentioned. I never once said anything about (a) paying full price, (b) buying used, (c) cars or used computers or whatever metaphor you were trying to draw there. I never said anything about reasons you shouldn't find the best offer possible. Here's the thing: this is the best offer so far, so if you've been wanting it, not wanting to deal with Digital River isn't a great excuse to pick it up.

If you still think your post had anything to do with what I posted, you might want to work on your reading comprehension. Or try making logical inferences. Or maybe you're just obligated to reply to any post with any form of the 'word' "butthurt" in it?

Have a lovely day.

fuck Target. Seriously. fuck em. Trieed going to 2 of them to pm Tales of the abyss and was denied at both... with no real explanation other than they dont price match publisher/manufacturer sites. Uh-hu.. then how come you PM'd the sony store assholes?

Its really too bad Best Buy still doesn't carry these. Thats the only store that doesn't give me BS when i try to PM things. I swear i dont even know why places like Target claim they PM things. If its not Walmart or BBY or something they always give you shit. I just ordered it from the store and payed the shipping. Has anyone actually PM'd at Target? Next time they give me crap im gonna ask to see their PM policy
Never had a prob price matching there. I've done it 4 times:2 at the Target closest to me and 2 times at the Target a bit further away. I price matched Amazon 3 times and BB once. The Target closest to me just accepts what I show them on my phone. The further one verifies it on an iPad that they have behind the customer service desk. No issues but maybe price matching an obscure site would be. Sorry you had a prob at yours, though.

I don't really remember quite honestly. Can you create an account then buy? I don't really remember.
Just went through the process with no problems. I didn't have an account, so I left the top part alone and just filled out the billing info and made a password. I paid with PayPal if that makes any difference.

Finally got everything to go through. Ended up with both games + shipping and no tax for $41.04 I didn't have to use any work arounds to get the system working today. Had to make an account right before I paid with paypal. 

I was trying to order both games, but the system keeps forcing my city name on my billing address to change. So unless I call my bank and have them change the name of the city on my billing address it looks like I'm missing out on this deal.

That's ok though. I have plenty of RPGs on the 3DS already that I need to work through. Would've liked to play Tales of Graces f though.

Glad I rechecked the thread.  Was able to get through and place my order.  I've had my eye on Tales of Graces since the original Wii version that never made it to NA, so glad to finally pick it up.

I might just get Tales of the Abyss 3DS since I can't find any stores that price match or even have the game. $21 is still better than $30.

Coming from someone that works at Target and is involved with people price matching on a daily basis, the Target online price matching policy is actually very specific and very restrictive.  Though, little of that information is made available to the public.  The only time someone would be able to get something like the Namco website matched is either a) you get a team member that doesn't know the policy, yet has the power to manually give you the lower price, or b) you get a team member that just decides to ignore the policy and has the power to manually give you the lower price.  In theory, every price match is supposed to be done at guest service using the ipad.  It should be verified that the deal is legit and still listed online, and in-stock, and also target logs that information to send to corporate to determine future sales and such.  The list of pre-approved websites is very short.  Offhand I think its places like: Target.com, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, and items sold on Amazon.com by amazon proper, not a third-party seller.  If you walk into a target store and show them that Bill'sDicountGames.com has a 3DS XL for $90, than anyone following the policy should deny you.

Went to check my order status today and the website claims I have no previous orders, I tried entering my order number but it says it doesn't exist.  Anyone else having this issue?  Also I've definitely been charged.

Went to check my order status today and the website claims I have no previous orders, I tried entering my order number but it says it doesn't exist. Anyone else having this issue? Also I've definitely been charged.
Just checked, and mine says it does not exist. It was definitely on the site as of yesterday.

Just a heads up. Placed my order yesterday and just checked the site with my order #, its still there and shows paid: box shipment.

Been looking at buying these for a few days. Actually decided I was going to put an order in and it looks like they might be Out of Stock. I called Namco and they didn't have any helpful information about it besides telling me they have been getting an overabundance of orders.

Yeah looks like mine is back as well.
17386-166713-dittogif-620x.jpg

bread's done
Back