Tales of Symphonia Chronicles $19.99 at Best Buy - DEAD (NOW $29.99)

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $29.99

Just checking Best Buy as I often do and saw that ToSC dropped to $19.99 online. Cannot confirm in-store. Amazon has yet to price match. The price after GCU would be $15.99.

EDIT: If link does not work, search BB for "symphonia" as "Tales of symphonia" does not generate the ToSC result for some reason. It is worth noting that the game is $10 on PSN for PS+ memebers until 3 PM EST or so as part of the Golden Week sale which ends today. If you wanted a physical copy, like me, this is the cheapest the retail product has been as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
With an insane backlog, and even Tales of Xillia sitting in it too, is there any reason to buy Chronicles now? It isn't an LE, just a plain vanilla version.

With an insane backlog, and even Tales of Xillia sitting in it too, is there any reason to buy Chronicles now? It isn't an LE, just a plain vanilla version.
I don't remember Chronicles ever had a LE, last I saw it was just standard and an over $100 collectors edition.

A local store dropped this to $19.99 as well... dang that was a quick drop, though I'm pissed I bought the PSN version

I don't remember Chronicles ever had a LE, last I saw it was just standard and an over $100 collectors edition.
Correct, which is why I have no urge to buy a plain version. Maybe if it was super cheap and under $10, and even then it would still sit in a backlog.

Mild regrets for buying this for ~$25 used from GS during the 20/30/40% sale 9 days ago. :wall:
Some regret buying this about a month ago for $24 after GCU disount. We SHOULD all know better lol.

For most of us it will sit in our respective backlogs. Oh well, you'll catch a break somewhere and get a good deal on something else:)

Ordered one online. My local store had 3 yesterday. My friend that works at the store said somone bought all 3 copies when the store opened. Sheesh!

I was able to do a return/rebuy today.  I had my shipped glitch copy which was originally $20 last week.  So got back $4 and taxes.

Unless you PM the price displayed after adding it to your cart. You're a GCU member online and in-store, so you shouldn't be refused.
YMMV, stores I have tried doing that only take the product page price on their own computer. I think it might work if seen by a non by the books sales rep the shopping cart price.

you get 3 copies of a game with GCU right? i had bought one before and just bought 2 more (one for sealed keeping and one as a gift) Still have my CE sealed too dont think i'll be opening it. 

BTW did this version change anythig? I never beat symphonia on the GC. I was wanting to replay it and was wondering if i should go back and do the GC version again or just do this one. 

you get 3 copies of a game with GCU right? i had bought one before and just bought 2 more (one for sealed keeping and one as a gift) Still have my CE sealed too dont think i'll be opening it.

BTW did this version change anythig? I never beat symphonia on the GC. I was wanting to replay it and was wondering if i should go back and do the GC version again or just do this one.
From what I know it's just a port, nothing added

Also, in regards to GCU, from what was explained to me when I was looking into it, it's three discounts per system. So three ps3 game discounts a year, etc, I'm not sure if this is right or not though as I'm not a member

There's a little extra content, but I'd recommend playing the GC version since it's 60fps (and you can play at high resolutions if you have Dolphin). The PS3 version is only 30fps and 720p.

Last edited:

GCU members are limited to 3 of Same Game Across all Platforms for lifetime. As of Now Best buy has said there no reset points. Also Collector Sets and Limited Editions count the same as vanilla copies. If you go over these limits best buy at there discretion may ban both your GCU Membership and MyBestBuy Account.

Examples:

• 3 "title A" ps3 then you reach your limit.
  • 2 "Title A" Ps3, 1 "title A" Xbox then you reach your limits
  • 1 "Title A" Xbox, 1 "Title A" Ps3, and 1 "Title A" Collector Set then you reach your limits.

From what I know it's just a port, nothing added

Also, in regards to GCU, from what was explained to me when I was looking into it, it's three discounts per system. So three ps3 game discounts a year, etc, I'm not sure if this is right or not though as I'm not a member
3 per system and per year reset that you are thinking of is the Best Buy Trade In Program not GCU. See Above for the GCU Limits.

[quote name="tomwaits1" post="11741142" timestamp="1399474283"]The game is now $19.99 at Target also. Looks like it'll be dropping to $20 everywhere...[/quote]
$20 at Target now? Sweet!

Didn't know about the 60fps vs. 30fps in the port. I beat Symphonia on the GameCube when it was released, it would be a real drag to play it at 30 fps. Also, everyone here seems to agree that the sequel wasn't very good. Guess I'll pass.

If this is true, I'll just grab it for about $13 after coupons and savings at gamestop, after the price dips

Thanks OP! That's my price. My local BB had the $39.99 tag on the shelf, but it rang up as $19.99 with no troubles.

I really need to stop buying RPGs (Xillia, Atelier Ayesha, Guided Fate Paradox, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Disgaea 4) and start playing them... There's too many for the backlog.

It's a port of the Japan only PS2 version which had added content but ran 30fps vs the gamecubes 60fps. I have tried out the PS2 version in the past and didn't have an issue with it. I just didn't have the motivation to replay it in Japanese for the extras at that time.

Is it really dead at Worst Buy? I don't know if I should get it at Amazon right now.
It's a plain vanilla version of a game that obviously will drop again in the future. And I bet you have a backlog like anyone else. Unless you plan to play it as soon as you buy it, which I doubt since you'd already own it, you'd be a fool to rush and buy it now.

I have the GC one but I haven't played it. I wanted to get it now that I have a decent PS3 setup. I have a few games in the backlog, but they're old or old-ish. Stuff like MGR: R and Shadow of the Colossus and Ni no Kuni.

I have the GC one but I haven't played it. I wanted to get it now that I have a decent PS3 setup. I have a few games in the backlog, but they're old or old-ish. Stuff like MGR: R and Shadow of the Colossus and Ni no Kuni.
Ni No Kuni is one of my absolute favorites, ever. At release I put 63 hours into it and finished it, 10 hours more for post game content, and then went back at it after a year hiatus to platinum it putting another 20 hours into it to reminisce and get the last five trophies.

You wouldn't believe my backlog if I told you. So many RPGs and numerous Vita games. And since spring/summer is here I will barely be playing anything at all.

I know for sure Target has Tales of Xillia and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $19.99 each. 

more like $29.99 is the new MSRP Target.com and gamestop.com both have TOS: Chronicles for $29.99........

If you can find it, Tales of Xillia Limited Edition is also $19.99 at Target.  I had the electronic guy scanned it and it rung up at $19.99. I bought two of them.

X2bXL7m.jpg

Stopped at 3 targets on way home - no Xillia or ToSC. Doh.

Did find Shameless Season 2 dvd for $1.26 and Phoenix's Bankrupt for $2.56, so i'll take it.

bread's done
Back