Tales of the abyss PS2 $19.99 at GS (USED) was $44.99

[quote name='sadboy']What RPGs did you play in the 90s?[/QUOTE]

I could tell you if you're curious, as long as it doesn't involve a set-up to "most of those games were originally made in Japan" :p

[quote name='lude21']Hey, atleast you got one!! i'm sure i'll find it eventually at my local flea market for like $2 one day....hopefully. i did find Shadow Hearts $2 and Firefighter FD $4 last week tho at my flea. The price keeps going up on Tales tho...damn. Going for around $60 now.[/QUOTE]
I had Firefighter FD at one point, which I got from the Marshall's Creek flea market for $10-12. I also picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant from Kmart 3-4 years ago for $3-4, which I then promptly pulled a Gamestop routine on(gutted)and traded it in for 4-5x what I paid DISC ONLY.:evil:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']There's that term JRPG again. Should we start calling Super Mario Bros NES a J-Platformer? That term didn't exist in my 90s timeline![/QUOTE]

Haha I said the same thing before I got used to seeing that term. Japanese RPGs should be called RPGs. It's the American RPGs that should have a modifier. And although I love games like Fallout 3 and Borderlands I really don't consider them RPGs at all. But that's just my old school opinion.

[quote name='Vinny']
BTW, am I the only one who's amazed by people who consider anything in the past 7-8 years to be the best JRPG? Seriously, the 90s and early 00s (SNES to PS1) were an unforgettable able era in JRPGs. Nearly everything after the PS2 era has been utter horseshit besides the rare gem like Shadow Hearts (series), Demon Souls and Valkyria Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll bite. List your top three.

I can't wait to see the gems you roll out. Better gameplay, better characters, better story, better graphics, better sound. Which of those will it be? I bet you can get all five in there.

[quote name='cheeky']Haha I said the same thing before I got used to seeing that term. Japanese RPGs should be called RPGs. It's the American RPGs that should have a modifier. And although I love games like Fallout 3 and Borderlands I really don't consider them RPGs at all. But that's just my old school opinion.[/QUOTE]

ARPGs! That sounds like an organization devoted to helping old people :drool:

While I do like certain products that originate in Japan, I am wary of the cultural infection--thus I prefer a certain amount of Americanization (Robotech > Macross). Keeps me from being trapped in the clutches of Chu Chu Pillow Prints. :O

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']ARPGs! That sounds like an organization devoted to helping old people :drool:

While I do like certain products that originate in Japan, I am wary of the cultural infection--thus I prefer a certain amount of Americanization (Robotech > Macross). Keeps me from being trapped in the clutches of Chu Chu Pillow Prints. :O[/QUOTE]
When I first started watching reruns of Big O on Adult Swim I really thought at first it was gonna be some XXX hentai shit, but giant fighting sentient robots(or whatever the fuck the premise behind the show was) was just as good.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I first started watching reruns of Big O on Adult Swim I really thought at first it was gonna be some XXX hentai shit, but giant fighting sentient robots(or whatever the fuck the premise behind the show was) was just as good.;)[/QUOTE]

Yep that is an excellent show.

In other news there are ~52 copies of TotA up on the website @$19.99. Just got two for myself.

50+ more is a ridiculous amount. Coupled with the lower price, anyone else think this just got a limited reprint?

[quote name='cheeky']Yep that is an excellent show.

In other news there are ~52 copies of TotA up on the website @$19.99. Just got two for myself.[/QUOTE]
Really? How likely is it these are reprints?

Reprints of Xenosaga III and Tales of Vesperia were both sold as used in the B&M stores. This sure seems like the same thing only online.

[quote name='sadboy']Really? How likely are these reprints?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they're planning to do a Xenosaga iii type thing. They pull all the old stock from the stores and sell it through the website then stock all the stores with like new copies from the reprint run. But since it's just a guess I bought a couple copies anyway.

Bleh, I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I'd really like to get a decent-priced copy of the game (and no, I don't care if it's a reprint). But I'm not sure if I want to risk getting some replacement case with a disc that's been used as a dog frisbee.

[quote name='FeralWraith']Bleh, I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I'd really like to get a decent-priced copy of the game (and no, I don't care if it's a reprint). But I'm not sure if I want to risk getting some replacement case with a disc that's been used as a dog frisbee.[/QUOTE]
It could be worse. It could be a reprint that they cracked open the copies of, replaced the real case/artwork/manual with the shiny happy anime one they use in store AND have one of the workers skip them across the floor of the warehouse till they are just one step above non functional.;):lol:

Of course people with SEALED copies of the original run will be pissed if it's found out that this IS a batch from a reprint.

Great game. My overall favorite in the series. The only Tales game that had an interesting and unique plot and cast of characters.
Only real issue I had with it was the load times but a PS2 with a hard drive fixes those nicely.

In for one with CAG16. Hope its not crap condition. I've passed up the tales series for too long, and its going for $50+ on ebay used so I might as well. :p

It's back in stock! I wanted to get one earlier but it was OOS. Will let you guys know what condition it arrives in.

Its no where within 100 miles of my area. I don't think I should take a chance of getting online if it ever comes back in stock. I might end up without the original case, no manual and a scratched up disc.

Abyss is really great, I just wish Namco would bring Graces or Graces F over here. I mean come on its not like the Wii or PS3 have such awesome RPG lineups that they wouldn't sell decently and if Namco ever bothered to make the slightest effort to advertise Tales games properly maybe they'd actually be a lot more popular in the US.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Better than Vesperia? u trolling, bro?

Rant

Abyss is a game based on a whiny bitch of a main character who can't do shit for himself, a girl who tries but fails at tsundere and only remains popular for her large chest, a whiny brat, a... wow, none of the other characters are even remotely memorable.

Oh, and at certain points in the game, I kept wishing for Shinji Ikari to become the main character because he's five times more a man than Luke was. Seriously.

I got to the point where
I beat the shit out of Tear's bro
before I had to give up.

Vesperia is the greatest J-RPG ever made. Straight up, no contest. There's something about playing a character that doesn't follow the Japanese stereotype of "must be a little bitch" that just kinda clicks with people.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply. Hope you catch this. But no, I'm not trolling at all. I prefer Abyss over Vesperia. After thinking a while, though, I came to the conclusion that it's all preference- apples and oranges. Here's why:

Abyss focuses on its characters and creates a story. The character development in it is MAGNIFICENT, and is easily the best I've ever seen in a video game (not including just Luke). Its battle system is more fast-paced than Vesperia, is more technical (with FoF Fields, FoF canceling, etc.), and is undoubtedly harder than Vesperia in all aspects.

Vesperia focuses on its story and creates characters for it. The characters are great, especially Yuri, but their stories aren't very fleshed out in comparison to Abyss's characters, details to the story replacing such opportunities. Its battle system is slower than Abyss's, but is MUCH more flexible thanks to Skills, Altered Artes, and the new Overlimit system. However, using all of them intelligently like any good RPG player would makes the battle system MUCH too easy.

That said- and I'm not trying to be a smartass here- but you never even finished Abyss. I'll admit that I HATED Luke at the beginning. You're not SUPPOSED to like him. I don't want to spoil much, but for those who bought the game/started it, do NOT let Luke's character in the beginning let you shelf/sell the game. It's intentional, and it gets better. I promise.

As for Abyss's cast not being memorable... I'm sorry, what? Let's take a look at Vesperia's cast. On the surface you have a badass with a mysterious past, a clueless princess, a kid mage, a persistent often annoying child, a pervy old guy, a "hot" elf, and a tightly wound knight (if you include Flynn). Heck, the most "memorable" character in Vesperia is Repede, and he's a DOG. Not only is Abyss's cast more original- the game puts MUCH more emphasis on allowing the player to get to know more about them, through both major plot points and side quests.

My thoughts exactly, more or less. Much as I love Vesperia, Abyss slightly edges it out in my opinion, especially in terms of plot and characters. Vesperia had potential, particularly with Yuri and his darker aspects, but it dropped this (and the ball) and devolved into dullness for the last half or so, complete with arguably the most uninteresting and lifeless antagonist in recent memory. A great protagonist like Yuri deserved a far better nemesis.

Also, and I may be in the minority with this, Luke's initially annoying nature actually made me want to play more just to see what would happen to him and how he would change or grow from his deliberately unlikeable beginning characterization. The other characters were also excellent, especially Tear, Guy, and Jade.

I'd probably be all over this if I didn't get a copy from Coconuts a few years ago for $16 new. This is the only Tales game since Phantasia that I never felt like beating.

I'm actually playing through this now. It's been in my backlog forever. I'm about 50 hours into it. [quote name='Fonic']Also, and I may be in the minority with this, Luke's initially annoying nature actually made me want to play more just to see what would happen to him and how he would change or grow from his deliberately unlikeable beginning characterization.[/QUOTE] I liked him in the beginning as well because I thought he was the most realistic character in that regard. He's a noble who has been cooped up in a mansion for as long as he can remember. Who wouldn't be a douche with that kind of background? :p

Anyway, I've never played Vesperia since I don't have a 360 and Bamco are being jerks with the PS3 version here. But Abyss is worth picking up. I haven't really been in the mood for any JRPGs in recent months but this one is great. :)

I grabbed one of these at a local store, the only copy the website said was anywhere near me. It still had the $44.99 sticker on it. The guy started giving me a speech about the prices online don't always match blah blah blah... but it rang up $19.99. I always meant to get this game but didn't get around to it and then it started being crazy expensive for a used copy. It has the case and manual, the disc could be in better condition but it's not terrible.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Sorry for the late reply. Hope you catch this. But no, I'm not trolling at all. I prefer Abyss over Vesperia. After thinking a while, though, I came to the conclusion that it's all preference- apples and oranges. Here's why:

Abyss focuses on its characters and creates a story. The character development in it is MAGNIFICENT, and is easily the best I've ever seen in a video game (not including just Luke). Its battle system is more fast-paced than Vesperia, is more technical (with FoF Fields, FoF canceling, etc.), and is undoubtedly harder than Vesperia in all aspects.

Vesperia focuses on its story and creates characters for it. The characters are great, especially Yuri, but their stories aren't very fleshed out in comparison to Abyss's characters, details to the story replacing such opportunities. Its battle system is slower than Abyss's, but is MUCH more flexible thanks to Skills, Altered Artes, and the new Overlimit system. However, using all of them intelligently like any good RPG player would makes the battle system MUCH too easy.

That said- and I'm not trying to be a smartass here- but you never even finished Abyss. I'll admit that I HATED Luke at the beginning. You're not SUPPOSED to like him. I don't want to spoil much, but for those who bought the game/started it, do NOT let Luke's character in the beginning let you shelf/sell the game. It's intentional, and it gets better. I promise.

As for Abyss's cast not being memorable... I'm sorry, what? Let's take a look at Vesperia's cast. On the surface you have a badass with a mysterious past, a clueless princess, a kid mage, a persistent often annoying child, a pervy old guy, a "hot" elf, and a tightly wound knight (if you include Flynn). Heck, the most "memorable" character in Vesperia is Repede, and he's a DOG. Not only is Abyss's cast more original- the game puts MUCH more emphasis on allowing the player to get to know more about them, through both major plot points and side quests.[/QUOTE]

Yuri is portrayed as having a mysterious past? I... Did you even play the game? He's a down-to-earth bro who spent his life living in the lower quarter, raising hell with Flynn as a kid before he joined the knights and quit, leading to the story we have here. This was so mysterious that it was explained in the opening sequence.

The characters in Abyss have flaws that only exist for the sake of having flaws or that have no point beyond comedic value. Miyu is annoying for the sake of being annoying. Luke is a whiny bitch because... I'm sorry, why? Oh, it's to make him appear more brooding and serious. Apparently the game players couldn't relate to him unless he was a little bitch for the majority of the game? (Cheap dig opportunity here, but I'll resist because i have class) Yes, I played past the point where he suddenly gains more confidence in himself, but that doesn't make him more any more endearing. Something along the lines of "Where's the original? Oh, if only he were here, I could suck his dick and magical ponies would come out of rainbows to save us all!" doesn't really do it for me.

Anette likes money but she's also a kid. Hold on, let me put on some pants because that sure is a knee slapper! She also wants to marry rich dudes. How much deeper does she get? I don't know, I apparently got 2/3s into the game based on a walkthrough I just checked (though I have the feeling in terms of hours, I'm a bit further than 2/3 through), so I must be missing THE MOST AMAZING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT EVER, right? I am, right?

There's Tear, who you can fap to, and totally seems like a female who's got it together (strong females in MY J-RPGs?!) and then you realize no, they didn't do that for this game. THAT trait was saved for Rita and Julie in Vesperia.

The others are literally forgettable, and I played this game this last year. ~_~

Sure, the character development in Abyss was "better." I'll 100% give you that. But that's almost like adding a porch to a shack and calling it magnificent in comparison to a mansion that got a couple windows replaced on it.

Vesperia doesn't focus on creating broken characters only to patch them up a bit. Characters in Vesperia do change a bit, sure. But whether a character changes or not doesn't really matter compared to the point of character development - making a better character.

And no matter how you slice it, Yuri is a great character. He changes, but it's nothing as overly dramatic as "What is my father to me? Who is my real father? What IS a father? I don't care if he isn't my real father; he's still my father! Are all men fathers?" Deep.

See, Vesperia did something super, super surprising. It actually focused on *gasp* character interaction! That is, how characters interact with one another. Now there is still the stupid, forced "ah, I see the light! CHARACTER EVOLUTION TIME" shit that's present in most things that come out of Japan, but it is much toned down in comparison to the subtler changes. For example, Rita doesn't change very much at all in the way that you're used to, but was she a different person than she was at the start? Sure. Well, how did that happen then?

I'm probably not explaining this well, since after typing out this much, I don't much care, but I see character development as a means to an end - making better characters - and not something that needs to be forced into characters, making them incredibly flawed at the beginning and then making them do enough 180s so the character you saw then may just as well have never existed from the start.

As for harder making a game better? Yeah, I know where this argument is going - "you're too stupid or noobish to understand how game X is better than game Y. Clearly if you didn't struggle or learn every single button combination, you're not worthy of having an opinion" - so, like, I'm not even going to to go there, bro. Oh, wait. You already said as much anyway, "using all of [the battle options] intelligently like any good RPG player would makes the battle system MUCH too easy." Nice elitism, bro.

tl;dr Abyss sucks dick

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking I should grab one just to keep my sealed one just that. Always wanted to play this but I was hesitant on cracking the seal

[quote name='sadboy']They're back in stock now with what now appears to be 100 copies.[/QUOTE]

Probably more than that. That's just the cart limit. I'm canceling my order.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']
Yuri is portrayed as having a mysterious past? I... Did you even play the game? He's a down-to-earth bro who spent his life living in the lower quarter, raising hell with Flynn as a kid before he joined the knights and quit, leading to the story we have here. This was so mysterious that it was explained in the opening sequence.

The characters in Abyss have flaws that only exist for the sake of having flaws or that have no point beyond comedic value. Miyu is annoying for the sake of being annoying. Luke is a whiny bitch because... I'm sorry, why? Oh, it's to make him appear more brooding and serious. Apparently the game players couldn't relate to him unless he was a little bitch for the majority of the game? (Cheap dig opportunity here, but I'll resist because i have class) Yes, I played past the point where he suddenly gains more confidence in himself, but that doesn't make him more any more endearing. Something along the lines of "Where's the original? Oh, if only he were here, I could suck his dick and magical ponies would come out of rainbows to save us all!" doesn't really do it for me.

Anette likes money but she's also a kid. Hold on, let me put on some pants because that sure is a knee slapper! She also wants to marry rich dudes. How much deeper does she get? I don't know, I apparently only got 2/3s into the game based on this walkthrough (though I have the feeling in terms of hours, I'm a bit further than 2/3 through), so I must be missing THE MOST AMAZING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT EVER, right? I am, right?

There's Tear, who you can fap to, and totally seems like a female who's got it together (strong females in MY J-RPGs?!) and then you realize no, they didn't do that for this game. THAT trait was saved for Rita and Julie in Vesperia.

The others are literally forgettable, and I played this game this last year. ~_~

Sure, the character development in Abyss was "better." I'll 100% give you that. But that's almost like adding a porch to a shack and calling it magnificent in comparison to a mansion that got a couple windows replaced on it.

Vesperia doesn't focus on creating broken characters only to patch them up a bit. Characters in Vesperia do change a bit, sure. But whether a character changes or not doesn't really matter compared to the point of character development - making a better character.

And no matter how you slice it, Yuri is a great character. He changes, but it's nothing as overly dramatic as "What is my father to me? Who is my real father? What IS a father? I don't care if he isn't my real father; he's still my father! Are all men fathers?" Deep.

See, Vesperia did something super, super surprising. It actually focused on *gasp* character interaction! That is, how characters interact with one another. Now there is still the stupid, forced "ah, I see the light! CHARACTER EVOLUTION TIME" shit that's present in most things that come out of Japan, but it is much toned down in comparison to the subtler changes. For example, Rita doesn't change very much at all in the way that you're used to, but was she a different person than she was at the start? Sure. Well, how did that happen then?

I'm probably not explaining this well, since after typing out this much, I don't much care, but I see character development as a means to an end - making better characters - and not something that needs to be forced into characters, making them incredibly flawed at the beginning and then making them do enough 180s so the character you saw then may just as well have never existed from the start.

As for harder making a game better? Yeah, I know where this argument is going - "you're too stupid or noobish to understand how game X is better than game Y. Clearly if you didn't struggle or learn every single button combination, you're not worthy of having an opinion" - so, like, I'm not even going to to go there, bro. Oh, wait. You already said as much anyway, "using all of [the battle options] intelligently like any good RPG player would makes the battle system MUCH too easy." Nice elitism, bro.

tl;dr Abyss sucks dick
[/QUOTE]

Spoilers for possible... Spoilers. >_>; I'll try to keep it toned down, though.

Okay, Yuri's past is much more than that and you know it. Sure, it isn't far into the game you find he was with Flynn in the Knights and quit early, but you get the sense something MUCH darker is driving him. You saw the way he disposed of people- tell me that didn't make you wonder. Yuri's character is like two sides of a coin, and we never really learned how that dark side came to be, nor is it fleshed out.

You can't rag on Abyss's characters for having room for character development. That's called BEING REALISTIC. Sorry its characters can't start out perfect with no room for development like Vesperia's characters. :roll: Oh, and the thing about Anise (that's right, her name is ANISE- not Anette. Also, MAJOR spoilers):

She does change. A lot. After... *Something* happens to Ion, she gets a lot more serious. There isn't a whole lot of soul searching or anything involved, but by the end of the game, she's over wanting to marry Luke for his money and status. She even tells him that.

The fact that you act like Vesperia has not only better character interaction than Abyss, but for the purpose of CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT is blasphemous. For one thing, EVERY single Tales of game focuses on character interaction DRASTICALLY, to the point where they give players the options of watching "skits" to learn more SPECIFICALLY that way. Abyss's character interaction is INCREDIBLY important as the game goes on to not only the characters, but the story as well- be it Guy's fear of the female party or the entire cast hating on Luke for destroying a certain something. And for another thing, tell me how Vesperia's cast's characters develop over the course of the game, ESPECIALLY through character interaction. I'm not even arguing that its contrived- I'm saying it DIDN'T HAPPEN. Rita is only a different character at the end of the game in the sense of "oh, I got X item that helped us beat Y boss." But that's not related to her character traits at all. It just brings me back to the point that Vesperia replaces character development with story development.

It's another thing entirely, but I TOTALLY disagree with the notion that character development should only exist to make characters better. It can go either way. In fact, it's COMPLETELY hypocritical that you criticize Abyss's use of it, calling it useless and contrived when, in fact, it meets the ONLY criteria that makes you satisfied. I DO agree that characters shouldn't exist on the extreme side of something just for an opportunity to do a 180, but Abyss isn't like that.

And I never said that Abyss's battle system being harder makes it better. I would never argue harder = better. What I WOULD argue is too easy = not as fun. What I meant with my quoted statement is that in Vesperia, you get too much of an advantage trying to play the game smart. Honestly- I think I would have enjoyed the battle system more after the second half if I turned off all my Skills and didn't use Overlimit entirely. I was avoiding hitstuns left and right, and putting emphasis on good combos meant the bosses died too quickly- and this was on Hard mode, and I didn't start "grinding" until after I beat the game. It's not that either game "requires you to learn every button combination to have an opinion"- it's the fact that you can pretend you didn't Overlimit spam Shining Fang/Dragon Swarm and act like you know how the battle system works.

Overall, I can see where you're coming from in some places, but others I feel you're just straight-up wrong- like Rita or Judith (no, not Julie) being stronger female characters than Tear. I feel like you hate Abyss because you decided before the game started that everything that develops the game is nothing more than a contrived plot point, character development tool, or fan service. It's like you hate the idea of something existing to get you from Point A to Point B, regardless of whether or not it's good writing. But I don't know you, and opinions exist, so here we are.

tl;dr Abyss does the opposite of suck, Vesperia isn't the god-like epitome of an RPG you should be making it out to be, and getting character names right is important to the liability of your argument.

Holy shit, this is a godsend. Especially since I bought one for 17.99 on Amazon, only for the store to tell me they might not have it anymore. AWESOME!

Could this possibly be a reprint that they sell as used?

Xenosaga III had been OOP for a long time and recent multiple MINT used copies surfaced at lots of GS stores too.

Both games in this case are published by Namco/Bandai.

Just got mine from a B&M store, complete, in decent condition. I'm hoping I enjoy this more than Vesperia. I got 10 hours into that before I couldn't take anymore of Karol, the fixed town camera, and the invisible walls that keep you in town until you scour the entire town for the one person you need to talk to.

[quote name='eau']Could this possibly be a reprint that they sell as used?

Xenosaga III had been OOP for a long time and recent multiple MINT used copies surfaced at lots of GS stores too.

Both games in this case are published by Namco/Bandai.[/QUOTE]
Tales of Vesperia too.

I'm guessing reprint, which would be sort of surprising.

It's not unusual for companies to reprint titles, but to do this so late into a console's lifespan is strange. I mean, the PS2 died a while ago.

Just think if Namco/Bandai actually reprinted this game back when it was more popular ... or when they were actually advertising it.

It's not as if they're going to recoup huge lots of cash now with this reprint. There are only a handful of gamers who really want this now ... and those are *real* gamers, as in those who follow the industry or are committed players given there are plenty of other JRPGs better than this one.

On that note, I think Abyss was a solid game -- though IMHO not that much better than Symphonia. It is superior to Legendia and Symphonia 2. I really don't think it's better than Vesperia ...

Generally, the Tales games are in the 2nd or 3rd tier of JRPGs. Outside of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (which usually are in the first tier), I tend to throw the Tales series in the same group as Grandia, Wild Arms, and Dark Cloud.

it looks like all the tales games that GS sells are in stock, even the GBA one.

Amazon sold ToV new for $30 and GS sold mint gutted copies as used for $30 (now $28 BTW) just like the Xenosaga III for $20. Nice how GS can sell gutted copies as either new or used at their discretion. ;)

[quote name='eau']Could this possibly be a reprint that they sell as used?

Both games in this case are published by Namco/Bandai.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it could be, although with Xenosaga it seems like all the B&M Gamestops were flooded with the game too, but I tried a search and the closest store to me that had Abyss was an hour away.

It wouldn't hurt to pick one up regardless, right before I stumbled on this thread I was ebaying Xenosaga III to see if the market was still flooded with flippers and it's roughly back up to it's pre-GS price drop value, I might be inclined to think Abyss would follow the same pattern.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'm guessing reprint, which would be sort of surprising.

It's not unusual for companies to reprint titles, but to do this so late into a console's lifespan is strange. I mean, the PS2 died a while ago.

Just think if Namco/Bandai actually reprinted this game back when it was more popular ... or when they were actually advertising it.

It's not as if they're going to recoup huge lots of cash now with this reprint. There are only a handful of gamers who really want this now ... and those are *real* gamers, as in those who follow the industry or are committed players given there are plenty of other JRPGs better than this one.

On that note, I think Abyss was a solid game -- though IMHO not that much better than Symphonia. It is superior to Legendia and Symphonia 2. I really don't think it's better than Vesperia ...

Generally, the Tales games are in the 2nd or 3rd tier of JRPGs. Outside of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (which usually are in the first tier), I tend to throw the Tales series in the same group as Grandia, Wild Arms, and Dark Cloud.[/QUOTE]

Not really Atlus reprint Persona 2 long after the PSOne is dead.

Thanks OP! Been wanting to grab this game. Normally I am pretty picky about having the case and manual but at 20 bucks I can't resist :)

[quote name='62t']Not really Atlus reprint Persona 2 long after the PSOne is dead.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but that was because Atlus wanted to celebrate the release of its other Persona games, I think that one was timed with the release of Persona on the PSP. It hoped to grab some attention and hook new players.

In this case, however, there's no real connection with the reprint and the Tales series. It's not like a new Tales game is set for release in the States and there's little attention being given to the reprint (similar to how Xenosaga III was done).

Strange. At least when Atlus does these, they tie it to new new SMT games so it's strategically a cross-over effect (i.e. raise interest in new release, and then gamers will search for other titles in the series).

Gamestop burns me again. I saw that the daily deal was free shipping, so I figured, "hey, I can save a couple bucks, let's cancel and re-order." I go to cancel, "Cannot process request." Well, hell, maybe let's try sending an e-mail. "Thank you for contacting support, please allow 24-48 hours for a response." fuck me sideways, I should've known better.

Gamestop burns me again. I saw that the daily deal was free shipping, so I figured, "hey, I can save a couple bucks, let's cancel and re-order." I go to cancel, "Cannot process request." Well, hell, maybe let's try sending an e-mail. "Thank you for contacting support, please allow 24-48 hours for a response." fuck me sideways, I should've known better.

I encountered the same thing when i went to cancel my order ( for goodsies). Ah well, im used to gs fucking me by now. I almost think i like it.

I ordered two to add to the "rare games that got reprinted collection."

bread's done
Back