Tales of Vesperia @ Amazon - $17.96 + FSSS

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah, me too. I have so many backlogged games piling up it's not even funny.[/QUOTE]

Vesperia should move to the top or near the top. :D

This is the only game I had a 360 for. It's one of the better Tales games IMO. I reallyreallyreallyreally wish Namco would localize Tales of Graces and Tales of Xillia on the PS3, but it's doubtful for both. I'm just gonna need to learn to read Japanese, meh.

Valkyria 1 and Vesperia are a deathmatch for the best JRPG this gen and probably the two best ones since FF X. Lost Odyssey, Persona 3 FES, and Eternal Sonata are up there as well.

If any of you who bought the game end up not liking it, you can EASILY get most or all of your $18 back selling it, even at Gamestop.

My podcast didn't award Vesperia Best RPG and 360 Game of the Year in 2008 for nothing (although my co-host made different picks.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Valkyria 1 and Vesperia are a deathmatch for the best JRPG this gen and probably the two best ones since FF X. Lost Odyssey, Persona 3 FES, and Eternal Sonata are up there as well.

If any of you who bought the game end up not liking it, you can EASILY get most or all of your $18 back selling it, even at Gamestop.

My podcast didn't award Vesperia Best RPG and 360 Game of the Year in 2008 for nothing (although my co-host made different picks.)[/QUOTE]

The people that like Valkyria are such a small and vocal group. I hate those SRPG's but love traditional JRPG's.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeogbs19']Apples and oranges, really. I don't think Nintendo paid Grasshopper to keep HMH exclusive, unlike MS which paid Namco to translate the title and to keep it exclusive. MS locked up a lot of Japanese franchises (Rumble Roses, Ace Combat, etc.)

Furthermore, we're talking about a game (NMH) that has new technology on its side to make it refreshing (Move support) and a new coating of paint (the game is being graphically enhanced).

Namco isn't about to spend more resources (and $$$) to redo the voices for a NA release. It would very much rather spend that cash on a new Tales game.

No one (but a select, select few) are going to be at all excited about a ToV release on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

you're trying hard to sound like you don't want vesperia to be released here on the ps3. with your smile on the op.

i have a 360 so i will get the game for it. if they will ever release the enhanced ps3 version i will sell off the 360 version.

[quote name='jubeininja69']you're trying hard to sound like you don't want vesperia to be released here on the ps3. with your smile on the op.

i have a 360 so i will get the game for it. if they will ever release the enhanced ps3 version i will sell off the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
I can't imagine anyone who's played and loved ToV wouldn't want to see us get a port of the PS3 version. I bet many people here are like me: they played ToV, heard about the potential PS3 release, researched it, and were saddened by what they discovered the more they read. He's not happy it's not being released on PS3. He's just being realistic.

[quote name='simmias']I can't imagine anyone who's played and loved ToV wouldn't want to see us get a port of the PS3 version. I bet many people here are like me: they played ToV, heard about the potential PS3 release, researched it, and were saddened by what they discovered the more they read. He's not happy it's not being released on PS3. He's just being realistic.[/QUOTE]

As simmias said, I'd love to see Vesperia come out on the PS3. I think it's a crying shame the game doesn't get more attention. Vesperia isn't perfect by any means, but it's a great game and you can tell a lot of heart/soul went into its development.

I like my 360 very much, but I'm not married to it :) Personally, I hate the exclusives garbage and the way people need to insist that such and such console is better, blah, blah, blah or that this game is somehow SO much better on one console than the other. It's all quite pathetic, really.

I love that this generation is much more a multi-platform than the last, and am hopeful that someday consoles will become extinct and we'll all play our games on one machine. I can only imagine how much better some games could be without having to waste resources on porting over to other machines.

As for my comments on ToV, I was merely trying to get people to give up this notion that the PS3 would get it and simply play the game for the 360 now. There are no business practicalities to bringing the title over now to the PS3. Would it be awesome? Sure. Will it happen? No.

That said, I recall hearing a sequel to Vesperia might be in the works; hopefully, that one goes multi-platform.

... I know it's only $17, but I really really want a brand new copy of the Limited Edition version with the steelbook case. Cheapest I found it for was on ebay for $159.00, though.. :/

I guess I'm the only one who thought this one was good, but not great.
I like symphonia more

and in terms of Xbox 360, I thought Star Ocean was better.

Haters gonna Hate

[quote name='MaelstromB']... I know it's only $17, but I really really want a brand new copy of the Limited Edition version with the steelbook case. Cheapest I found it for was on ebay for $159.00, though.. :/[/QUOTE]

I just looked and saw one auction for 24 dollars .....

:evil:[quote name='typical guy']I just looked and saw one auction for 24 dollars .....[/QUOTE]

A brand new copy? Can you post the link b/c I'm not finding it.

On another subject -- I heavily enjoyed Symphonia when it came out on the GC! I've heard people go back and forth over which is a better game, but I am still very much looking forward to playing Vesperia... at some point in the future. My backlog has grown into some kind of enormous monstrosity! :evil:

[quote name='romeogbs19']Such an underrated RPG, Blue Dragon. It's not great but it's certainly a little charmer and far better than most of the JRPGs this generation (i.e. Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Magna Carta 2).[/QUOTE]
Ha! Yeah right, Last Remnant is an amazing game, you probably just weren't good at it.

[quote name='MaelstromB']That's "Like New," though.[/QUOTE]

It ends in a few hours, so hop on it if interested, hehe. :pray: Pray you don't get out bid.

I've had a couple not-so-satisfactory transactions with Gohastings... regardless of the deals they have, I'm now reluctant to do business with them.

I know this is off-topic, but the latest example: About 3 weeks ago, I purchased what they advertised on their website as a brand new copy of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis for the DS for $29.99. Well, a few days later I received the package in the mail and opened it up to discover that it was not March of the Minis, but the latest M vs. DK iteration, Mini Land Mayhem.

I contacted their customer support that same day, and have yet to hear anything still. I intended to buy the Mini Land Mayhem game at some point, so I figured I would just hang on to it in the end, but it's the principle. This is the 2nd time I've had an issue like this and it will certainly make me stay away from them in the future due to really awful customer service and an incredibly disorganized website.

All coming in the mail, all purchased this week:
Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

Count Fable 3, FFXIII, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Ed. [which is still unopened], that is 7 RPGs/SRPGs in 1.5 months since I got my 360. I am a RPG freak ._.

Anyway, is Vesperia multi disk?

[quote name='Wargamer']

Anyway, is Vesperia multi disk?[/QUOTE]

No, the entire game is on one disc.

[quote name='Rozz']No, the entire game is on one disc.[/QUOTE]

As Rozz said, it's on one disk. It's a very long game but there aren't very many cut scenes. Most are generated with the game engine but when they have a "real" one, it's like, HOLY SHIT!

[quote name='SolidMetal']Ha! Yeah right, Last Remnant is an amazing game, you probably just weren't good at it.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahah [breaths] hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, needed to collect myself there. Last Remnant an amazing game? You haven't played many JRPGs then. Last time I checked the story usually counts for something. If you're telling me the story in Last Remnant is amazing ... well, I should be able to convince you to buy a paper bridge in Arizona for $5 mil.

IMHO, whether a game is good or bad has very little to do with whether one is good at it. Having played so many JRPGs (Ar Tonelico, Radiata Stories, Legend of Dragoon, Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2, Vagrant Story, Xenosaga 1 & 3 (skipped 2), Wild Arms 5, Tales of Legendia, Abyss, Shadow Hearts Covenant and New World, Grandia III, etc.), I can tell a good game when I see one, and Last Remnant is about as glitched and cliched as they come. Oh, and don't get me started on dying protagonists ... I love how this one, Magna Carta 2 and Infinite Undiscovery almost blend together when it comes to the endings (lol).

I won't say Last Remnant was a disaster. Check the .hack series for disaster or may be even Romancing SaGa -- but it's crazy to call it "amazing." I'd easily recommend FF13 and may be even Eternal Sonata over Last Remnant any day of the week.

[quote name='typical guy']As Rozz said, it's on one disk. It's a very long game but there aren't very many cut scenes. Most are generated with the game engine but when they have a "real" one, it's like, HOLY SHIT![/QUOTE]

Indeed, closest thing to a living and breathing anime world as I've ever seen.

[quote name='Curlis']Thanks OP, you made me buy even more...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, man, but you'll like this one. As others have said, for better or worse, it's among the best JRPGs this generation.

Hopefully, Atlus' Catherine can deliver next year.

[quote name='Wargamer']All coming in the mail, all purchased this week:
Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

Count Fable 3, FFXIII, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Ed. [which is still unopened], that is 7 RPGs/SRPGs in 1.5 months since I got my 360. I am a RPG freak ._.

Anyway, is Vesperia multi disk?[/QUOTE]

No fair! I am still being a cheap bastard and waiting for Record of Agarest War to drop below $29.99 :bomb:

Everything said about this game is true, it's an exceptional JRPG and one of the best games on 360.

I wish the Collector's Edition would get a reprint too, I'd love to have that sitting on my shelf.

[quote name='Wargamer']I got it for $29.99 shipped but it comes with the LE's Mousepad and Pillowcase, so technically it was for less. Check my topic for AksysGames' Deal with it sale: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281066[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that, just do not really think I need the mousepad or the pillowcase, mousepad I might be able to swing but I seriously doubt my wife would want to lay on that.

I was waiting to borrow it from a friend, but I just saw the price go even lower to $16.99! I couldn't stand it and thought might as well support Bandai Namco, so they can produce more Tale of games hopefully....

[quote name='StrikeZero']I was waiting to borrow it from a friend, but I just saw the price go even lower to $16.99! I couldn't stand it and thought might as well support Bandai Namco, so they can produce more Tale of games hopefully....[/QUOTE]

WHAT ??? I PAYED $17.07, NO FAIR. :censored:

J/K:rofl:

there were two sellers selling it at $17. i waited to see in case there was more drops and see what would happen for the other one and when it was sold out i bit at the $17 from the other.

Don't know much of anything about this game or the series, but I figured at just over 15 bucks; why not?

I also picked up Resonance of Fate for under 20 on amazon.

Got my copy, its Canadian with a bi-lingual back cover. I'm a little annoyed but I guess theres no difference aside from the cover and possibly the manual.

Checked my mailbox, Vesperia arrived. :)
Now to determine if to pause on Record of Agarest War and pop this in or not....
How long is Vesperia on average?

[quote name='dafoomie']Got my copy, its Canadian with a bi-lingual back cover. I'm a little annoyed but I guess theres no difference aside from the cover and possibly the manual.[/QUOTE]

All U.S. copies of Tales of Vesperia have bilingual French/English text on the back cover.

[quote name='addicted2games']Wargamer, finish Agarest War and then start Tales of Vesperia. Tales is better and you wont want to go back to AW any time soon.[/QUOTE]

That is not an issue, I really want to play Vesperia, and I don't leave games half finished. I can finish it after Vesperia.

[quote name='ryushe']50+ hours and that's with little to no grinding/side quest.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I finished in 38 hours and I didn't feel like I rushed or anything...

[quote name='Rozz']All U.S. copies of Tales of Vesperia have bilingual French/English text on the back cover.[/QUOTE]

damn checked my copy (1st/2nd reprint?) and has that too, despite being Fabrique au Mexique :bomb:
here's hoping for PS3 version. though this is a good deal

bread's done
Back