Tales of Vesperia NEW at GameCrazy for $29.99

Pck21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
My buddy has been looking for a new copy of Tales of Vesperia forever and a day now so he decided to just pay full price for the thing. He went to his local GameCrazy and the game was marked at $39.99 brand new. When the guy scanned it, it came up as $29.99, which is what he paid. I'm trying to get him to scan the receipt for proof so I can post it on here, but he's at work right now so that's why I posting this as YMMV. He's definitely not someone who makes up anything and rarely hunts for deals so I believe him 100%. Call your stores and see if this is indeed the price. I hope this helps a few people...

Wow...a great price for a great current-gen JRPG.

Because someone mentioned it, I went on Amazon and saw that the strategy guide for the game is already out of print. I didn't realize it was already. And, some of the prices people are asking for is ridiculous...the guide isn't great, but it's decent enough to get you through the story.

Nice find. I'm going to GameCrazy after work tomorrow. Like your friend, I have been trying to find a copy, but only found used ones at $54.99.. :(

Definitely worth every penny, I'm loving this game so far. Bought the collector's edition on launch day and would still pay the same price I did then. :)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Dang the only Gamecrazy around me is like 2 hrs away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. The closest one to me is in another state.

There is a Hollywood Video about 20 minutes away from me, though. Think I’ll call them up tomorrow and see if they’re selling this for the same price and if they have any in stock. I’ll probably strike out, but what the hell?

Sure wish that I could order this online, though. That’d certainly make it a lot easier.

[quote name='The End']Yeah, same here. The closest one to me is in another state.

There is a Hollywood Video about 20 minutes away from me, though. Think I’ll call them up tomorrow and see if they’re selling this for the same price and if they have any in stock. I’ll probably strike out, but what the hell?

Sure wish that I could order this online, though. That’d certainly make it a lot easier.[/quote]
Would they have the same pricing?

Don’t know. Didn’t even know that they were a sister company until a few posts back. The person who pointed it out in this topic said that they don’t always have the same prices. So maybe, or maybe not.

I figure that it’s worth 2 minutes of my time to call them and find out, though.

I got a used copy for $24.99. But it turns out the copy they had used was the special edition. Came with the metal case n soundtrack and everything for $25! Not a bad deal!

Thanks OP, picked up the last one from the store by my house. Been waiting for this to drop for a long time.

Damn, closest one is three blocks away :D

I'll happily pick someone up a copy for $35 shipped (if they have any in stock, haven't checked but I'm sure they do).

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']I got a used copy for $24.99. But it turns out the copy they had used was the special edition. Came with the metal case n soundtrack and everything for $25! Not a bad deal![/quote]

that's an incredible deal, i'm guessing it was just a mistake, but is the official price for a used LE $25?

[quote name='boxcutter']Got a copy today. Also if anyone is in the area, the Chino Hills, CA has a CE for 69.99[/QUOTE]

Did you get the regular edition copy at the Chino Hills Game Crazy? Do they have any left? Are they unopened or gutted? :) Thx.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']I got a used copy for $24.99. But it turns out the copy they had used was the special edition. Came with the metal case n soundtrack and everything for $25! Not a bad deal![/quote]

That may be the best individual CAG redeeming a deal story this year. Like others have said, that goes for $100 easy on EBay, etc.

Just called my local Hollywood Video to see if they had it, but it turned out that they don't have it in stock. I asked him how much they where charging for it and he said $60 for the regular and $70 for the CE. So I guess it doesn't matter anyway that they don't have it.

Could be a different story for some of you out there, but I doubt it. I could hear him typing the name of the game to look up it up in the system. If it's $60 at my HWV, then it's probably $60 at yours too.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

[quote name='sunghost']that's an incredible deal, i'm guessing it was just a mistake, but is the official price for a used LE $25?[/quote]

GameCrazy doesn't take back the collector's edition of anything on trade, so any time someone has a CE and wants to trade it in, it gets traded in as a regular copy of the game.. hence why it was $24.99.

I'm glad to see that a lot of people are able to snag one. It's a really great game and steal at that price! Enjoy! :)

I was thinking about picking up a 2nd copy of the CE since I would like to have one sealed for a few years down the road.
Also, probably going topick the guide up today as i know a store that has one and I didn't realize that they were OOP

After picking this up yesterday I'm about 5hrs in and so far this is an amazing game. It's really funny and the combat is great. Glad I got it for 30 but I wouldn't have minded paying full price. Great deal, great game.

:shock: You've just inspired me to start calling Gamestops to see if anyone traded the Special Edition in to them. That's a crazy deal, as long as its complete and mint you could sell that for $80 easy used.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That may be the best individual CAG redeeming a deal story this year. Like others have said, that goes for $100 easy on EBay, etc.[/quote]
Well it was a used copy, so it's been opened, but yea still very happy with the deal. But yea the game is pretty good so far, but i always hate the first few hours in a jrpg cuz it takes a while to get into the characters/story and umderstand the combat fully lol

This game is literally amazing. Didn't pay full price the day it came out, but I still would have!! I have 153 hour ticked into this game and I plan on surpassing 300+ before I let the game down.

I picked up a copy but sadly, it was a fucking gutted copy... they didn't have any new ones left. I asked if they had any used ones but no such luck. I picked it up anyway as $30 seems like a good price for this game.

If anyone in the DC area wants one, the Wheaton GameCrazy had at least 3 copies this morning, but all of them were used and gutted (no manual, generic box). I'd rather wait and find a new or a complete used copy, but if you just want the game, they had a bunch.

Getting antsy about getting over to this GC early next week, its probably gonna be the next game i play if i can grab one! :bouncy:

Picked one up. If ur gc doesn't have one ask them nicely to search stock at other stores. That's how I got mine. They held it for me.

As a side note why are ppl excited about the 69.99 version. Isn't that regular price? Is it hard to find or something? There's a new one left at the chino hills ca gc.

Thanks! I was hoping that I can get my hands on those LEs but there's none in our area. I was able to grab a bnew standard edition.

If you want a guide to actually play the game, use Vhayste's. Totally free, full-color PDF guide, and more complete/detailed/helpful than the official one.

Also I'd sell at $100-120, it's not going to go much higher than that, indeed I wouldn't be surprised if it went down after that.

Just my opinion of course, but:

a.) Not that limited of a print, unlike DDS.
b.) Probably at the height of its popularity because of the 2008 RPG and "Best Game No One Played" awards.
c.) Won't ever have a hard sequel that inspires people to go back and find the "original."

I think you'll see the regular peak around 100 and the collector's peak around 150 until the holidays when everyone forgets it for whatever the next big thing/next underappreciated thing is. Then your prices will drop to $70/$80 as the "casuals" who are simply buying since they missed it at release have now either played it or gotten distracted by the new stuff. The only markets left are the super-late adopters, people who refused to buy at $100, and collectors who will pay anything for a sealed copy. At that time your collectors will probably all already have it and the cheapasses will have probably forgotten about it. The market has shrunk dramatically, demand is down, supply hasn't changed all that much -- prices drop.

Look at Tales of the Abyss -- released at $50, went out of print, spiked to $80 used, today it's down at $55 used.

Long appreciation periods (in terms of price) are quite rare for anything, really. There are windows of time that resell prices peak, and at very least I don't think you're making much of a mistake selling at $100-150. I may be wrong, but I don't see it ever going much higher than that.

Hmmm, good food for thought. On a side note, didn't Abyss release at $39.99? I was considering selling my ToV SE since I got a good deal on the regular edition, but after selling my Persona 4 Social Link Pack for $80 I've become hesitant.

Just picked the last new copy in Redmond, WA.

Note that it's probably better to VISIT the actual store instead of calling. I called ahead and asked if they had any copies, and they said they only had 1 used copy.

I went to the store and there was a new copy there. ... Yeah.

[quote name='zohar']Just picked the last new copy in Redmond, WA.

Note that it's probably better to VISIT the actual store instead of calling. I called ahead and asked if they had any copies, and they said they only had 1 used copy.

I went to the store and there was a new copy there. ... Yeah.[/QUOTE]

You might just have had some lazy ass pick up the phone. When I went to the first GC I asked the guy to check stock at other stores in their computer. He found stock and asked me if I wanted him to call one of the other stores to hold it. That might have made a difference though...since I overheard the guy on the phone say something along the lines of "just hurry and look it up already, I'm hooking you guys up with a sale."

This question probably gets asked regularly, but do GameCrazy prices apply at Hollywood Videos? I have a bunch of HV's where I live, but zero Gamecrazys.

[quote name='Mike Toole']I've been wanting to play this, but there are no Game Crazy stores in MA. :([/quote]

Yes, there are.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Been waiting for a drop on this one for a while. I don't like JRPGs all that much, but I heard this one was pretty good so i'll try it.[/QUOTE]

The combat is stellar.

bread's done
Back