Tales of Vesperia NEW at GameCrazy for $29.99

Pck21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
My buddy has been looking for a new copy of Tales of Vesperia forever and a day now so he decided to just pay full price for the thing. He went to his local GameCrazy and the game was marked at $39.99 brand new. When the guy scanned it, it came up as $29.99, which is what he paid. I'm trying to get him to scan the receipt for proof so I can post it on here, but he's at work right now so that's why I posting this as YMMV. He's definitely not someone who makes up anything and rarely hunts for deals so I believe him 100%. Call your stores and see if this is indeed the price. I hope this helps a few people...

Tales of the Abyss, Valkyrie Profile 2, Alpha Anthology, Star Ocean Till the End of Time... wow I have a lot of valuable guides. They seem to be a much better investment than games.

[quote name='cdul']I managed to find a Premium edition at a nearby store. It's still 69.99, but is it worth getting a sealed copy to trade/sell? I already have a premium copy that I got at launch. Is the premium version that rare to be actually selling for $100+, or is it just hopefuls trying to get the most out of it?

Edit: And what's with the outrageous price on the strat guide? It's not even that great of a guide... same deal as the premium version of the game?[/quote]

Yeah the premium game is that rare, only 7K sold in the US and no more new ones available except for scattered GC's and resellers. It's the rarest version/game on the 360 and will be similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Dark Alliance 2, except rarer as it's only on one platform.

Guide is just rare because of the low print run. Someone a page or two back linked to a PDF guide done by an IGN user, it's really good.

Sorry about that guys. I honestly didn't know the site (Bradygames) was busted and the guide was OOS. I was able to place an order yesterday. We'll see if it goes through. Again, sorry.

-John

[quote name='The End']Never take at face value items posted online on April Fools day.

For all we know, it might turn out to be true, but I'll wait a few days to see if they're still talking a port.[/quote]

Sorry, but Japan doesn't partake in April Fool's day like we silly Americans do, and besides -- it's April 2, 2009 over there (very early in the morning).

[quote name='earvcunanan']Sorry, but Japan doesn't partake in April Fool's day like we silly Americans do, and besides -- it's April 2, 2009 over there (very early in the morning).[/quote]

Fact of the matter is, the news was still released on April 1 somewhere. I'll wait until tomorrow or the next couple days to see if it's actually true. I'd be a little disappointed in a PS3 port, but I'd still probably end up getting it if there was one.

[quote name='dios']^ thats not exactly true, i read a article yesterday * too lazy to find it now * that square announced that Dragon Quest IX was released last night at midnight and thousands of people lined up at stores to get it.

How mean.

Edit: http://kotaku.com/5192983/the-cruelest-april-fools-joke-in-japan

heres the link, and nvm, the pic linked to the article is fake, but im sure some people in japan got riled up.[/quote]

Whoa, lol. Guess I was wrong, that's just so cruel. They know that Japan is crazy for Dragon Quest, yet they do that to them. Anyway, if the ToV PS3 is only an April Fool's joke, so then is the Tales game for Wii, the Tales of Vesperia movie, and Tales of VS for the PSP -- which were all announced at the same time as Vesperia PS3 (supposedly). I don't think it's a joke, tbqh.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Whoa, lol. Guess I was wrong, that's just so cruel. They know that Japan is crazy for Dragon Quest, yet they do that to them. Anyway, if the ToV PS3 is only an April Fool's joke, so then is the Tales game for Wii, the Tales of Vesperia movie, and Tales of VS for the PSP -- which were all announced at the same time as Vesperia PS3 (supposedly). I don't think it's a joke, tbqh.[/quote]

The scans look flawless. I will be very surprised if they turn out to be fake. It must take them a lot of time to come up with those pics. And considering that Namco Bandai has registered Tales of Graces for patent, the news seem very likely.

I can deal with ToV going to PS3...Share the love.....The part I can't deal with is that they're getting extra content. I mean WTF.

[quote name='iRent']I can deal with ToV going to PS3...Share the love.....The part I can't deal with is that they're getting extra content. I mean WTF.[/quote]
PS3 owners will be paying retail price while the 360 version will already be discounted like with Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I prefer rpgs on PS3 since they are more likely to include the Japanese language track. Here's to hoping this isn't a hoax.[/quote]

While I would probably pick up a PS3 port as well as the 360 version, the Tales track record for localizations of ports games is relatively low...

Tales of Phantasia:
SF - JP
PS1 - JP
GBA - JP, NA, EU
PSP - JP

Tales of Destiny:
PS1 - JP, NA
PS2 - JP

Tales of Eternia:
PS1 - JP, NA (as Destiny 2)
PSP - JP, EU

Tales of Destiny 2:
PS2 - JP
PSP - JP

Tales of Symphonia:
GC - JP, NA, EU
PS2 - JP

Tales of Rebirth:
PS2 - JP
PSP - JP

Tales of Legendia:
PS2 - JP, NA

Tales of the Abyss:
PS2 - JP, NA

Tales of Innocence:
DS - JP

Tales of Vesperia:
360 - JP, NA

Tales of Hearts:
DS - JP

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I prefer rpgs on PS3 since they are more likely to include the Japanese language track. Here's to hoping this isn't a hoax.[/quote]
Likewise!

I prefer the japanese language track as well. Here's to hoping.

Sidenote, thanks OP manage to snagged last copy near my area.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']PS3 owners will be paying retail price while the 360 version will already be discounted like with Eternal Sonata.[/quote]

Some of us didn't buy discounted....:bomb:

I just want to take a second to praise this game though...
I really like that this game fits on one DVD and is deeper than most RPGs that span multiple discs.

[quote name='farfus']Glad i checked on the price before going over, today. Back to regular price = no purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, paying retail is for suckas.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']PS3 owners will be paying retail price while the 360 version will already be discounted like with Eternal Sonata.[/quote]

I waited on the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata rather than getting it on 360, and was glad I did - it was the far superior version. On top of which, I didn't pay retail anyways as it was in the Gold Box on Amazon a few months after release. If similar upgrades were made to a PS3 version of ToV, I would probably wait for that too. Plus, it would eliminate any temptation to spend more money on all the DLC (especially the exploitative bits).

its 29.99 in ohio i got it in wooster oh last copy

they said no more shipments

so lucky me its a great game but wish more people had played it

[quote name='MSUHitman']So the deal is dead, right? If it is, I'm going to mark the thread to have the mods move to the graveyard.[/quote]

Yes it's dead.

bread's done
Back