Tales of Vesperia & Splinter Cell Trilogy $15.99, Rise of Nightmares $17.99 @ Newegg

Tales is an awesome game. I'm tempted on Splinter Cell but I've bought like a billion games in the last couple of weeks so I'm not going to bother. Thanks for the heads-up!

Great price for Vesperia, don't hesitate on that one its a great game. Tempted on SC but don't want to add to my tiny backlog specially with Diablo 3 coming out.

Splinter Cell had been sitting at that price forever...one day it'll be $9.99. I shouldn't buy it though. I have all of the games here besides Chaos Theory. I finished that one though.

Just a note the free 4-7 day shipping is DHL dropping it off to USPS near the newegg warehouse and then it going from there. the DHL part slows the shipping way down.

Picking up this and Deathsmiles, then. I'm kinda miffed that 32 GB MicroSDs are on sale for $20, since I just bought one the other day for $28. Well, at least that one was on sale too, and at least it's a Class 10.

But really, it feels like I've spent more money than I've saved since coming here...

Thanks OP. Newegg kicked me a wrong credit card error email (a day after the sale went through) last time they had ToV for this price. Funny, I've used that card with them probably 30 times before and since.

Here's hoping they don't pull BS again.
Prices Valid for 48 hours. As always Vesperia is great and I can't recommend it enough, especially at that price.
It'll go OOS as soon as SD and FW front page it. Don't hesitate or it'll be gone.

Tempted on ToV but between catching up on Son's of Anarchy, having kids, and a long backlog I'll have to pass. Thanks OP for the heads up.

[quote name='KtMack23']I hope vesperia stays in stock till 8pm, when I can get to my credit card. :([/QUOTE]

Just memorize it like i have done. lol :bouncy: This is also a bad thing too. :cold:

But i did finally grab Vesperia to play since i still have my Premium edition sealed that i bought from newegg at release :drool:

[quote name='Layd Dly']Just memorize it like i have done. lol :bouncy: This is also a bad thing too. :cold:

But i did finally grab Vesperia to play since i still have my Premium edition sealed that i bought from newegg at release :drool:[/QUOTE]

Mine is saved on Newegg for one-click purchases which...I just don't need to be doing.

Meh the Splinter Cell remake looks really bad, and a lazy effort not unlike Silent Hill hd and RE4 "HD""

Only Chaos Theory looks respectable amd will probably be the only one I play, so ill wait for it to drop to $10

Tales of Vesperia is a really fun game, but I think I prefer Tales of Symphonia to it. I got it last time it was $15.99 at Newegg, and I don't regret it.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Meh the Splinter Cell remake looks really bad, and a lazy effort not unlike Silent Hill hd and RE4 "HD""

Only Chaos Theory looks respectable amd will probably be the only one I play, so ill wait for it to drop to $10[/QUOTE]

If you own an Xbox 360 and an official Microsoft hard drive, the Xbox version of Chaos Theory is backwards compatible and can be bought for less than $10 used

[quote name='SporkWielder']Tales of Vesperia is a really fun game, but I think I prefer Tales of Symphonia to it. I got it last time it was $15.99 at Newegg, and I don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

I liked Symphonia more as well. Vesperia's characters seemed too much like Symphonia's and as an current gen game, the tech seems so dated. It's still better than a vast majority of the JRPGs these days though...

Not missing vesperia at this price again. Thanks OP, didn't even read my newsletter, would have missed it otherwise.

I enjoyed ToV so much I left my 360 on for over 24 hours straight the other day to farm Grade automatically so I could unlock all the good options for the New Game + I'm about to start once I finish ToG f.

I bought ToV back when it was this price during an Amazon Deal of the Day years ago. I got rid of my 360 last year, however I never got rid of ToV or the hard drive with my save data in it. That's how much I love the game and treasured playing it.

[quote name='Coltin']Tales is an awesome game. I'm tempted on Splinter Cell but I've bought like a billion games in the last couple of weeks so I'm not going to bother. Thanks for the heads-up![/QUOTE]

Seems like a universal drop on it too. I saw it for $20 at walmart today.

I bought it a few months back then returned it, didn't want to waste my time.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Wow, Tales goes for 40 used at Gamestop. Might as well snag a fresh one.[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly. I've wanted to get the game for some time, but used prices were kind of high for me & been waiting for it to find it cheaper. This is probably the cheapest I'm ever gonna find it.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']Does a version of Tales of Vesperia on PS3 exists?[/QUOTE]

No, only 360

EDIT: Technically there is an import, but no regular ps3 ntsc release.

Thanks OP! Been waiting to get ToV at this price since I missed it last time.

Now waiting for Graces f and Abyss 3DS to hit my price points :mrgreen:

I am not really sure if ToV is my type of game, but based on what everyone is saying I guess I have to try it out, lol...

[quote name='MochaRaf']I am not really sure if ToV is my type of game, but based on what everyone is saying I guess I have to try it out, lol...[/QUOTE]
I've been a loud hater on this gen JRPGs. ToV was really fun. I traded it in and regretted it. If you like JRPGs at all, this is an easy decision at this price.

Bought a new ToV for my backlog. Won't open it until I play it down the line. Thought of buying 2 and storing 1 for sale later but I won't see that money for a few years probably so I figured it wasn't worth it.

My backlog continues to grow.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']Does a version of Tales of Vesperia on PS3 exists?[/QUOTE]

There's also Tales of Graces F which recently came out for PS3. Seems similar enough to ToV so far - though I'm only 5 or so hours in...

Tempted on Rise of Nightmares, even though I heard it wasn't very good, I still wanna give it a try. Not that long ago it was 19.99 and it dropped again. I think I'll wait for the 9.99 price point.

Yes there is a TOV for PS3 which came with more content than the 360 version. It contains more quests, items, additional voice script and new playable characters. But it was only released in Japan....only in Japan.

On a side note i went to my local Kmart last week during their clearance sale and found TOV for xbox 360 for 9.99+ tax.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']There's also Tales of Graces F which recently came out for PS3. Seems similar enough to ToV so far - though I'm only 5 or so hours in...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty different to me, I mean it's a Tales game yes, but there's no world map in ToG and the battle system is fairly different. At first I didn't like the ToG battle system but now that I have a lot more artes, more CC points and mastered dodging and chaining insane arte combos I think I actually like the ToG battle system better.

This thing is new, right? That price almost seems to be too good to be true.

And it seems that Newegg uses Paypal. I didn't want to give my CC information to too many sites, but if Newegg uses Paypal, now I don't have to. If only Amazon did the same.

Yup, it's new. I got Beautiful Katamari from them not too long ago & it was about the same price. Still sealed up & everything when I got it, so I assume the same applies for ToV.

[quote name='roymustang']It's pretty different to me, I mean it's a Tales game yes, but there's no world map in ToG and the battle system is fairly different. At first I didn't like the ToG battle system but now that I have a lot more artes, more CC points and mastered dodging and chaining insane arte combos I think I actually like the ToG battle system better.[/QUOTE]

Good to know - I feel the same about the battle system. I'm glad it gets better!

As far as presentation, graphics, cutscenes - seems similar enough w/a different story.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Yes there is a TOV for PS3 which came with more content than the 360 version. It contains more quests, items, additional voice script and new playable characters. But it was only released in Japan....only in Japan.

On a side note i went to my local Kmart last week during their clearance sale and found TOV for xbox 360 for 9.99+ tax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I remember reading something like this in the game fourms and people were going crazy over the fact it was going to be on ps3. I hear great things about ToV but i never played one yet. Lets hope it will reach to the U.S. someday.

bread's done
Back