Tales of Xillia 2 PS3 Collectors Edition 15% off at Namco

Darshminder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this posted anywhere else... Tales of Xillia 2 PS3 Collectors Edition is back in stock at Amazon for those who are interested.  Yes it is MSRP, but pre-orders had sold out months ago (Gamestop OOS and not available at Best Buy).  Not sure if the new stock is from canceled pre-orders or from new inventory.

*UPDATE*

Also available through Bandai Namco with an additional 15% off with code BNS15OFF (thanks SierraNight!).

http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/dp/B00KMXSNF4#.U-2Mjl6E5xg

*UPDATE 2*

Sold out again at Amazon (thanks YBX87!).

*UPDATE 3*

Now available at Gamestop & Amazon in addition to Bandai Namco:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-2-collectors-edition/114862

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation-3/dp/B00JXDJTRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408380967&sr=8-1&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2+collector%27s+edition

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're on the subject, just a head's up. I had an order that I wanted to change shipping addresses for of an item that didn't ship yet from Namco's store, and I figured since they used Amazon now it would be easy.  It clicked "change shipping address" and it just kept taking me back to the order page. There was no option to change it. I only spent 5 minutes on it, so maybe I missed it. But, basically what I'm trying to say is that even though they ditched Digital River and used Amazon, everything is still not well in terms of jumping through hoops with order-related tasks.

If Amazon fulfills it, then I guess you could contact them and ask. The worst they can do is say "Nah, you gotta contact Namco."

fuck...I bought one. I have this nagging thought that maybe they didn't make as many this time around, I'm probably wrong. At least it'll keep the first one company on the shelf. Thanks, OP.

Much as I want these Tales CE's, their prices are just...nuts. Although, thanks to a debacle at Best Buy with one of their sales, I am getting the regular edition for under $30 brand new, along with Dragon Age 3's SE for less than $60 total.

Going to give the pocket watch replica to my wife to use as her portable make up mirror (or whatever that little round mirror women carry around is called), too bad the dial is not mechanically detailed or else it would be a great display piece.

I didn't even bother with LR because I knew if hate it for a variety of reasons. I did play 13 and 13-2 and Xillia was better than those but that's a low bar. IMO Xillia wasn't as good as either Vesperia or Graces.

I'm just getting to the point where these below par or average games just aren't doing it for me.
I was tempted when the CE of LR was on sale but I couldn't find enough friends who were interested in getting a copy to justify shipping lol ( fuck SquareEnix store Exclusives).. Waiting for a physical copy to hit $20-$25 now.

While I didn't find Xillia to be on the same level as Vesperia or Graces f I did enjoy the gameplay of it. That being said the story was a bit lacking (After my first playthrough of it I did some research and found out that there was some pretty important stuff cut that would've made the game longer.. Such as 2 playable characters who because they were made into enemies the story was shortened).

Much as I want these Tales CE's, their prices are just...nuts. Although, thanks to a debacle at Best Buy with one of their sales, I am getting the regular edition for under $30 brand new, along with Dragon Age 3's SE for less than $60 total.
Agreed, and some of these CEs don't actually come with much for the cost of them. If I hadn't of been able to snag the regular one for $49 I think I would've waited for a price drop as much as I want to support series like this coming over (Games are getting expensive to buy day one in Canada). I did find that the cost was pretty high for this one (Not getting the Xillia CE was a huge regret for me but I'm not paying $90 more for the collectibles this time around.)

However, it appears that they are requiring I pay return postage. Is this correct?

When I printed the return label it was nothing more then their return address with a place for me to write in my ship from address and a box that says "postage required".

There is no USPS/UPS/FedEx barcode so I'm assuming they are requiring I drop it off and pay to have it sent back.....
Sure looks like it, which is ridiculous. As usual, I received a damaged CE from Amazon. I don't know why I bothered.

Mine arrived today in excellent condition from Namco Bandai/Amazon.  It was slightly cheaper than GCU because we don't get charged tax on Amazon purchases in Ohio.  I'm very glad they switched over from Digital River.  Now for the obligatory "bitch about Digital River" part of the post:

I just got shipping confirmation TODAY that my Drakengard 3 CE shipped that was ordered way back in February.  I had added a moogle plush and tumbler as filler items for free shipping.  It seemed like a good idea at the time since they had release dates a month before the game came out.  When it looked like they were never going to be in stock, I attemped to cancel, which is apparently the most complex thing you could possibly ask of an online retailer and requires a level of technowizardry that is only mastered by a few elite customer support agents, as it took over a month to complete.  They also tried to cancel the game, but the process was too far along, so they sent an e-mail with return instructions seconds after the shipping confirmation.  Since I moved in early July and they couldn't update the shipping or billing address at that time, I'm interested to see if their staggering incompetence will prevent them from actually charging me for the game.  My credit card has not been charged yet.

tl;dr - Shaq-Fu Digital River.  Shaq-Fu them hard 

If it ran, I would have bought the CE for the full price
Yeah, if it was a fully functional mechanical pocket watch I would have gladly paid a much higher price. You will never get a mechanical pocket watch at the current price though.

My package was supposed to be delivered today but it didn't show up.

The online tracking shows it is "out for delivery".

Yea... right (it is past 9pm est)

I hate Lasership.

This isn't my first issue with them.

I'm sure, like previous times, they'll blame the delivery issue on customer not available.

ehhh..

My package shipped UPS ground, thank goodness. The UPS driver and I are on good terms and chat on occasion so my package will be well cared for in the truck at least.

And it shipped out of Kentucky, sweet. I'll have it Wednesday.

Anyone from Amazon get their's yet? I went on live chat and asked the CSR to put a note on the order to pack it well. Shipped by USPS and should be here Wednesday. Fingers crossed they don't goof this like they did Bravely Default.

Bought mine from namco but through amazon...received it yesterday via prime delivery in perfect condition. No dings whatsoever.

Anyone had to do a return on a damaged item from the Namco store using the new AZ fulfillment center? I bought perhaps the last copy of the first Tales CE from their store a week ago and it arrived damaged.

They don't have anymore, that I can find, so I'm just going to return it.

However, it appears that they are requiring I pay return postage. Is this correct?

When I printed the return label it was nothing more then their return address with a place for me to write in my ship from address and a box that says "postage required".

There is no USPS/UPS/FedEx barcode so I'm assuming they are requiring I drop it off and pay to have it sent back.....
I did just find in their help pages that they'll refund the postage if the return is a result of their error:

"Items should be returned in their original product packaging. You will need to pay for the return shipments; return shipping costs will be refunded if the return is a result of merchant or Amazon error."

Going to give the pocket watch replica to my wife to use as her portable make up mirror (or whatever that little round mirror women carry around is called), too bad the dial is not mechanically detailed or else it would be a great display piece.
I believe you are referring to a compact.

I got the first Xillia CE and it was decent. Now the Xillia 2 CE is even better cause of the steelbook and the full size artbook, I wanted it more. I don't know why they couldn't do this for the first game, felt like I got screwed a bit with that puny book. Since this CE cost more I'm not as tempted to get it like before. Seem like there's plenty to go around. I'll get this when it's under $100.

Got mine today from the Namco store. Top corner crushed pretty bad making the box bow. Tried to make an exchange but can't. All they allow you to do is return it by paying postage and then ordering it again. Can't use the promo code as it doesn't work on it now. Called and they told me to send in pics and they would try to take care of it within 48 hours. When I inquired as to what if try sold out between now and then the woman didn't know so it sounds like a canned response. I was hoping for better service now that amazon took over after I was screwed by the Ni No Kuni incident but I guess I was wrong. Pretty much just never going to order from them again based on the fact that they charge for shipping. Should have just ordered from BB today with my gamers club unlocked when I saw they had them online today.

Got mine today from the Namco store. Top corner crushed pretty bad making the box bow. Tried to make an exchange but can't. All they allow you to do is return it by paying postage and then ordering it again. Can't use the promo code as it doesn't work on it now. Called and they told me to send in pics and they would try to take care of it within 48 hours. When I inquired as to what if try sold out between now and then the woman didn't know so it sounds like a canned response. I was hoping for better service now that amazon took over after I was screwed by the Ni No Kuni incident but I guess I was wrong. Pretty much just never going to order from them again based on the fact that they charge for shipping. Should have just ordered from BB today with my gamers club unlocked when I saw they had them online today.
Maybe you could try filing a claim through Amazon instead of Namco? Since the item was handled and shipped by Amazon they might be able to replace it for you?

Amazon A-to-z Guarantee

Purchases on this site may be eligible for the Amazon A-to-z guarantee. Learn more about submitting A-to-z guarantee claims here.

This is what is posted when checking out with Amazon through Namco. I know it says "may be eligible", but that is what I would personally try since it was damaged in shipment from Amazon.

Is anyone else's DLC code not working? I just entered it and it didn't work, even though I believe the store is fully updated by now.

EDIT: It finally went through! Very relieved I don't have to deal with their customer service!

Maybe you could try filing a claim through Amazon instead of Namco? Since the item was handled and shipped by Amazon they might be able to replace it for you?

Amazon A-to-z Guarantee
Purchases on this site may be eligible for the Amazon A-to-z guarantee. Learn more about submitting A-to-z guarantee claims
here.

This is what is posted when checking out with Amazon through Namco. I know it says "may be eligible", but that is what I would personally try since it was damaged in shipment from Amazon.
Just got a big fat NOPE from amazon. They don't do anything for sold and fulfilled my namco store stuff. He found my order and everything. When I mentioned the A-Z he said it doesn't apply to third party sites.

Amazon A-to-z Guarantee

Purchases on this site may be eligible for the Amazon A-to-z guarantee. Learn more about submitting A-to-z guarantee claims here.

Amazon limits claims under that program to a certain number per account for life. They also won't replace the item, they will just force the vendor to provide a refund. You could try calling Namco directly. That's what I did when my Armored Core CE was smashed by Digital River. They shipped me a replacement directly from their San Jose office and sent me a return label.

Amazon limits claims under that program to a certain number per account for life. They also won't replace the item, they will just force the vendor to provide a refund. You could try calling Namco directly. That's what I did when my Armored Core CE was smashed by Digital River. They shipped me a replacement directly from their San Jose office and sent me a return label.
Well that sucks... fingers crossed my copy arrives in good shape tomorrow! :pray:

Got mine today from the Namco store. Top corner crushed pretty bad making the box bow. Tried to make an exchange but can't. All they allow you to do is return it by paying postage and then ordering it again. Can't use the promo code as it doesn't work on it now.
They are supposed to refund the postage once they receive the return. The promo code will work if you use a different e-mail address. It sucks that that's the workaround to pull of an "exchange".

They are supposed to refund the postage once they receive the return. The promo code will work if you use a different e-mail address. It sucks that that's the workaround to pull of an "exchange".
I called and they told me the promo code only works on preorders. Sure fire sign they don't know what they are talking about. Luckily I found a gamestop that had a perfect one in stock and they were happy to hold it for me. I picked it up and am happy. Now to figure out if I wait for namco to get back to me and send it to them or just return the other one to a different game stop (one with not nice associates).

Mine came today in pretty solid condition from Namco. The top corner was slightly dented, but nothing major. Overall I'm pleased.

Mine arrived yesterday. Didn't see anything wrong, no dents. I don't like the way they sealed the box... Plus it isn't the same size as the first game's CE :(

UPS tried to deliver mine today and tracking says "Delivery attempted, will try a second attempt tomorrow"

I was home all day and didn't hear so much as a knock on the door.

Can they just assume no one is home if they don't see a car in the driveway? I doubt it, right?

Damn, yeah, I thought it may have been a mis scan, but they did leave a notice. Guy must have lightly tapped on the door, wow.

Also, it required signature confirmation?

Weird...

well that was freaking useless called namco customer service and the rep says im sorry sir im only a tier one rep all i can do is take your name and number and have a manager contact you >.

well that was freaking useless called namco customer service and the rep says im sorry sir im only a tier one rep all i can do is take your name and number and have a manager contact you >.<. at least digital river you could get answer on the phone.
Well I'm seeing many phone calls that'll have to be made with someone with the title of tier over 9000.

Darn, mine required signature delivery too. Will have to receive it in tomorrow. Hopefully no damage to my package. *fingers crossed*

My Tales of Xillia 2 CE finally came in today. It is in perfect condition, I am so glad Bandai Namco dropped Digital River and switched to Amazon.

Mine came in yesterday from Namco. Weird part was it was 12:45pm and I happened to check tracking and it says it was delivered at 10:30am. I look outside my door and no package. I started to get worried it was delivered to the wrong address or something as I live in a nice neighborhood and packages never get stolen even after sitting at my front door till 9 at night sometimes. At about 2:30, the usps delivers my mail and, lo and behold, there is my Xillia 2 package. (NO signature required like some have stated in this thread) They must have scanned it wrong at the post office earlier that day. Btw, it came in perfect condition even though it was in an oversized box with some air bubbles.

so the USPS came back and delivered my CE.  It came in a box just large enough to hold it from Amazon.  No padding, no bubble wrap.  Just the CE.  Luckily nothing was damaged.  Woohoo!  So glad Digital River is not the distributor any more.

Mine showed up fine from Amazon and had sufficient packaging although the box it came in was ridiculously oversized. Sadly my other Amazon package was packed terribly and my Planetary omnibus has a bunch of torn pages. Oh Amazon why do you make me hate you so much...

Mine came in perfect condition with tons of padding in the box, arriving on my doorstep around 4:00 on launch date, no signature required.  Not that perfect condition on arrival matters, I intend to actually open this, play the game, redeem the codes, and display the statue next to my Milla one.  Once I finish Tales of Symphonia at least, which could take another week.

Woo Amazon fulfillment!

Mine came from GS on Wednesday with free 2-day shipping. CE box was crumbled a bit on the top right side but no damage to the contents so I'm not going to worry about a replacement.

Came in large box w/two large packing bubbles to "protect" it.

so i got a response back last night from namco and they said we will look into your order to see if we can do anything as far as a replacement goes.  i sent them 3 pics of everything as well.  im going to try and see if amazon will do anything today since they prime shipped it.  if neither does anything today im just going to file a dispute with my credit card.   yes i can return the game and reorder a new one but thats not the point.  point is i only paid 110$ after the discount and well im a cheapassgamer i want my discount on the game.  if they wont give me the discount ill just do a chargeback on the card and get all my money back and keep the damaged item. 

so i got a response back last night from namco and they said we will look into your order to see if we can do anything as far as a replacement goes. i sent them 3 pics of everything as well. im going to try and see if amazon will do anything today since they prime shipped it. if neither does anything today im just going to file a dispute with my credit card. yes i can return the game and reorder a new one but thats not the point. point is i only paid 110$ after the discount and well im a cheapassgamer i want my discount on the game. if they wont give me the discount ill just do a chargeback on the card and get all my money back and keep the damaged item.
I'm sorry, but what you are planning to do is a violation of your credit card holder agreement and a violation of Amazon's policies. They will simply lock your account and ban you from future orders. There's a difference between being a CAG and being an unreasonable a-hole.

actually its not a violation if a company refuses to let you return an item that is clearly damaged.   also this isnt amazon its namco bandai that is refusing.  ive never once had a problem with amazon replacing orders.  if a company refuses to let you return a damaged item by all means yes im going to file a chargeback with that company. 

if you would have read i said amazon just simply shipped the order fulfillment where as in the past it was digital river.  amazon prolly wont do anything as was stated if you READ the entire topic that other users have stated they wont do anything for 3rd party sites.   namco told me to wait 24 hours i did and then they said send us pics which i did.  im now waiting to hear from a manager and if i dont by all means yes im going to file a chargeback.   im pretty sure anyone else on this site if they got a damaged item they paid over 100$ for would be doing the same if they couldnt replace the item for a not damaged one.  if your fine with people selling you new damaged items then good for you but im not.

actually its not a violation if a company refuses to let you return an item that is clearly damaged. also this isnt amazon its namco bandai that is refusing. ive never once had a problem with amazon replacing orders. if a company refuses to let you return a damaged item by all means yes im going to file a chargeback with that company.
They aren't refusing to let you return the item for a refund. They are simply refusing to replace it which is 100% their choice. You need to re-read your credit card holder agreement and the Amazon terms and conditions. No retailer has an obligation to do anything but refund your money and if your credit card company allows you to do a chargeback (which I doubt as there is a box that requires you to certify under penalty of perjury that you were not offered a refund by the retailer), you will surely be banned by Amazon.

if you would have read i said amazon just simply shipped the order fulfillment where as in the past it was digital river. amazon prolly wont do anything as was stated if you READ the entire topic that other users have stated they wont do anything for 3rd party sites. namco told me to wait 24 hours i did and then they said send us pics which i did. im now waiting to hear from a manager and if i dont by all means yes im going to file a chargeback. im pretty sure anyone else on this site if they got a damaged item they paid over 100$ for would be doing the same if they couldnt replace the item for a not damaged one. if your fine with people selling you new damaged items then good for you but im not.
I'm not fine with receiving damaged items. That's why I don't order fragile items from Amazon or marketplace sellers fulfilled through Prime. If I do happen to get a damaged item from Amazon, I simply return it for a refund. They have no obligation to replace the item.

bread's done
Back