Target 1-year PSN card price mistake buy/trade/sell thread.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Dunno why people are nagging and complaining about someone who has a PS+ card and is selling for MUCH LESS than it would've cost in the store but still is making $10-15.. Dunno bout you all but my time is money, gas for me is $3.69 a gallon so for all of those complaining about making a SMALL profit on these.. Don't be a PAG.. Pathetic Ass Gamer[/QUOTE]

The whole point is to help other CAGs out, right? People selling for $25 are charging more than eBay prices, and eBay sellers get charged a fee. How does that make sense?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The whole point is to help other CAGs out, right? People selling for $25 are charging more than eBay prices, and eBay sellers get charged a fee. How does that make sense?[/QUOTE]

A) almost every closed auction within the last day is over $27 so that's not more than ebay prices. I see some as high as $29 /w shipping. B) The seller drove to the store, had to wait in line to get the cards pm'd, and drove home. Time should be worth something and gas is worth real money.

Helping out a CAG is one thing, doing it at a loss of time or income is another. If someone is upset with people asking what the cards are worth they could always drive down and get the deal themselves, go to ebay, or pay the reasonable amount someone is asking here.

I nabbed 3 at my local target today. Selling all 3 for $15 each on paypal (should cover the PP fees). Just to make sure these dont go to the wrong cags ill be selling them to only members that regularly contribute (no lurkers - yes I find lurkers annoying) and limiting 1 offer per cag. And yes if you never post on this site dont bother PMing me ill be looking up your post history.

Update: I'm sold out of cards.

All cards are "reserved" pending CAG payments. Sorry but if I did not respond to you via PM, then I probably will not have anymore I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never charge another CAG for my time, or have them pay for my gas. But why anyone would drive down to Target, wait in line and buy multiple cards just to sell each for $10 profit is beyond me.

That being said, I don't really care either way. You always have the option of not buying it from the dude if you think he's ripping you off.

[quote name='Donut2922']I nabbed 3 at my local target today. Selling all 3 for $15 each on paypal (should cover the PP fees). Just to make sure these dont go to the wrong cags ill be selling them to only members that regularly contribute (no lurkers - yes I find lurkers annoying) and limiting 1 offer per cag. And yes if you never post on this site dont bother PMing me ill be looking up your post history.[/QUOTE]

I just PM you.

I think the point a lot are missing that I was making initially was how many who are selling cards here went to buy one for themselves anyways? So picking up more is no extra cover cost. That's just a bs line.

At least I saw one person admitting they are just trying to rape fellow CAG'ers because the market may allow for it and they want to pay for other gaming purchases they made for themselves.

Sad part again is yeah holidays, people need money, but yeah holidays time usually to try to be nice. I used to think that was the case here, look how many people in the past donate gifts to help get people to donate money for Child's Play every year here.

Sad that a small percentage of the community can make the place look greedy and could care less about others here.

Here's my offer to anyone that has a good heart for the holidays that still has a card in hand.

If you sell me a card at cost (what $15-16 via paypal) I'll throw an extra $5-10 over what I normally donate to Child's Play here in your name (if I can put someone's name on my donation).

I gladly paid $25.00 for my code, even if the guy that sold it to me was making a profit of $10 or more.
I mean, I was going to get the subscription anyway, and my other choice was to pay full retail price for it.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Dunno why people are nagging and complaining about someone who has a PS+ card and is selling for MUCH LESS than it would've cost in the store but still is making $10-15.. Dunno bout you all but my time is money, gas for me is $3.69 a gallon so for all of those complaining about making a SMALL profit on these.. Don't be a PAG.. Pathetic Ass Gamer[/QUOTE]

Then go sell them on Ebay.

[quote name='SuppaMan']I think the point a lot are missing that I was making initially was how many who are selling cards here went to buy one for themselves anyways? So picking up more is no extra cover cost. That's just a bs line.

At least I saw one person admitting they are just trying to rape fellow CAG'ers because the market may allow for it and they want to pay for other gaming purchases they made for themselves.

Sad part again is yeah holidays, people need money, but yeah holidays time usually to try to be nice. I used to think that was the case here, look how many people in the past donate gifts to help get people to donate money for Child's Play every year here.

Sad that a small percentage of the community can make the place look greedy and could care less about others here.

Here's my offer to anyone that has a good heart for the holidays that still has a card in hand.

If you sell me a card at cost (what $15-16 via paypal) I'll throw an extra $5-10 over what I normally donate to Child's Play here in your name (if I can put someone's name on my donation).[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that anything you said was wrong or anything, but hear me out. I know it's been a while since you posted, but I sold 2 of mine for $40 total, one was $21 and the other $19. So yeah, I made a little profit, and I wasn't actually going to pick one up for myself, I literally drove over there just to see if they were honoring the mistake. Getting one for me was just a bonus.

Now, for all of you that think asking $10 more than cost is raping people or wrong, why didn't all of you go to the store and make them honor the mistake? I understand that they didn't have to, but if not buying from here what's your other option? Paying full retail or ebay.

Now, Cheap Ass Gamer is here for people to save money and do some trading with some great people. And if you're talking in terms of retail, isn't $25 less than $40-$50? So you're saving money. Granted it's not more than if you were to have went to the store and taken their mistake but oh well.

Now, for the real reason I came to this thread. I have 1 code left and $25 paypal will take it off my hands.

EDIT: Sold the card

[quote name='stuntman21']I'm not saying that anything you said was wrong or anything, but hear me out. I know it's been a while since you posted, but I sold 2 of mine for $40 total, one was $21 and the other $19. So yeah, I made a little profit, and I wasn't actually going to pick one up for myself, I literally drove over there just to see if they were honoring the mistake. Getting one for me was just a bonus.

Now, for all of you that think asking $10 more than cost is raping people or wrong, why didn't all of you go to the store and make them honor the mistake? I understand that they didn't have to, but if not buying from here what's your other option? Paying full retail or ebay.

Now, Cheap Ass Gamer is here for people to save money and do some trading with some great people. And if you're talking in terms of retail, isn't $25 less than $40-$50? So you're saving money. Granted it's not more than if you were to have went to the store and taken their mistake but oh well.

Now, for the real reason I came to this thread. I have 1 code left and $25 paypal will take it off my hands.

EDIT: Sold the card[/QUOTE]

My assumption would be three-fold. Stores not honoring, no targets nearby, laziness. All likely highly applicable.

My points are still valid. And it was preposterous for people to come here asking for ebay prices when ebay has fees for selling on there so you are making even less than that.

All in all between the whole semantics of it, and the technical part (ebay prices), it was incredibly absurd during that week and I think just was very off-putting as a community aspect here.

I need a psn+ 1yr card and willing to trade:

Gears of War 3 - 5 Liquid Green Metal Weapon Skins - XBOX 360 DLC Code
+
PayPal $20

If anyone's interested pm me, Thanks!

The most I want to pay for a Year PS+ Card is $20...I also have various game codes and other things, please message me for negotiation if you have one.

Wish I found this thread two weeks ago, fucking Target refused to sell the cards to me when I tried to buy them.

Looking to buy some of this pm me back if u have any for sale
have: Amazon payment only or cml

looking for a 1 year card

if anyone is selling multiples and willing to cut a deal let me know.

tried PMing Havok83, but inbox is full. wondering if you had a code left

I have a PlayStation Plus One Year and looking for 25$ Amazon Gift Card or 20$ PSN Card.

PM me if interested.

Just wanted to let you guys know all my PS+ cards are gone. Thanks for all the people that completed trades & everybody else that sent offers.

bread's done
Back