Target $385 (online only) Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set Console + New Super Mario Bros + $50 giftcard

Don't think you'll find a better deal than this for a Wii U. Even if there is a price drop of $50 in the future, you can get 3 WIi U games with this bundle. If you're on the fence about a Wii U now is the time. 

Don't think you'll find a better deal than this for a Wii U. Even if there is a price drop of $50 in the future, you can get 3 WIi U games with this bundle. If you're on the fence about a Wii U now is the time.
It depends upon your level of patience. If the Wii U seriously goes into November at $300, then this might be the best price of the year, but you'd have bought a system that is cooked. If Nintendo rightully drops the price more than $50 to be competitive with the similarly equipped PS3 and 360 holiday bundles, then this won't be the best price. Either way, this doesn't seem like the time to buy to me.

$30 in taxes...

I can wait 1 year or 2 until the console hits $199.99 with a Mario game. No rush. Still haven't bought a Wii since I am still waiting for the $99 MSRP bundle with Mario Galaxy.

Last edited by a moderator:

The MSRP on the system is $349, so they are basically giving you $15 off the game and a $50 gift card to bundle them (and the $50 deal obviously hasn't been all that tempting to customers given recent sales reports)

That is a relatively typical deal at this point IMO.

Doesn't move the needle for me. Waiting to see what happens with the holiday bundles. Hopefully they try and compete with the PS3/360 bundles in terms of price and content.

Do you guys know what the holiday bundles are going to be like, for the PS3? I mean, obviously there's going to be something, but can anyone give any specifics?

Im tempted too. 

dont forget that if you have the Target card you get 5% off ( basically you end up paying 3% tax in California)

Im guessing that if Nintendo decides to do a price drop they will only drop $50.  That will give it a difference of $100 VS PS4 (which is $400)

If NSMBU was a killer app, this would be a better deal. This is like the fourth iteration of "New" Mario Brothers. I have to believe there's a better deal than this coming holiday season. Plus, this system has to be around 279 by the end of the year.

If NSMBU was a killer app, this would be a better deal. This is like the fourth iteration of "New" Mario Brothers. I have to believe there's a better deal than this coming holiday season. Plus, this system has to be around 279 by the end of the year.
NSMBU is the best "New" game in the series. It actually ranks up pretty close to Super Mario World. If you buy NSMBU, you get the Luigi "Hard DLC" at a $10 discount.

It won't be $279 by the end of the year. Unless you mean the Basic version.

Not a deal. You'd be crazy to buy one of these rigtht now.
Using this logic we shouldnt post any ps3/360 deals till holidays right? I mean, its just going to get cheaper and have better bundles!

Hell, why post any "deal"?! Its just going to be cheaper later on down the road right!

its honestly getting old that every time a Wii U deal is posted, people feel the need to come in and say it sucks and no one should get it.

Peoples lame attempts at being funny aren't helpful.

This forum is not for that. its to post deals. If you want to discuss the Wii U, please take it to the Wii U general discussion thread.

its honestly getting old that every time a Wii U dead is posted
Freudian slip imo

edit: Jokes aside, you're right, but balance is needed. If there should be no doubters, then there should be no promoters either.

its honestly getting old that every time a Wii U deal is posted, people feel the need to come in and say it sucks and no one should get it.

Peoples lame attempts at being funny aren't helpful.

This forum is not for that. its to post deals. If you want to discuss the Wii U, please take it to the Wii U general discussion thread.
No one called it lame or made any disparaging remarks. As you noted, this is a forum for deals. Do you know what the purpose of a forum is? Do you what deal means? As such, people are entitled to voice their opinions on this non-deal. Anyone with even a modicum of understanding of what's going on in the industry knows the Wii U is performing abysmally. In several international markets, the price has been drastically cut . Why, then, should we not expect that the same may happen here? ESPECIALLY when comparable hardware (with much larger libraries) sell for less. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying this. You like it, I love it. But don't consider yourself a "cheap ass gamer" if you're buying in now at this price.

Seems like a decent deal for the time being, if you need one now. I can't imagine Nintendo dropping the price by more than $50 by the holidays (though they probably ought to), and though they might release a holiday bundle with a pack-in mario game, I would be afraid that the game would come in a slipcase as opposed to a nice plastic case for the shelf. I hated the pack-in slipcase NSMB for the red Wii. Still, aesthetics are probably not worth that much money, right?

I'm considering this as I have a huge Wii collection but no Wii to play them on. The only WiiU games I'm excited to play are NSMBWU and, um, not much else. Maybe MarioKart 8 eventually. Oh, and Windwaker.

Using this logic we shouldnt post any ps3/360 deals till holidays right? I mean, its just going to get cheaper and have better bundles!

Hell, why post any "deal"?! Its just going to be cheaper later on down the road right!
There are posts in every thread that say "nah, I'll wait til black friday." Most replies aren't helpful, just look at mine.

Why the fuck are people getting so defensive? Value is in the eye of the beholder. I sincerely wasn't trying to dump on anyone's "find", but I just don't feel the same about it. Why can't there be an exchange of opinions without the indignation? Shit. If you're a financially prudent gamer, how is this a "deal"? I didn't imply it was an unfair price or ripoff, but how is it a special deal? Many of us have explained why we don't think it is, but the opposing side is just shedding tears.  :-({|=

I would actually buy it, if they just cut the $50 from price, I rarely shop at Target so have no use for their gift card.

I predict after the $100 price drop and the bundle with a couple of games packed in later this year that a bunch of people are crying about buying at these prices.

Not a bad deal.  I bought mine with some built up Target gift cards back when it was the bundle and Lego City Undercover included.  If you're looking for something to use that $50 giftcard on, I'd highly recommend the Lego City game.  Or Pikmin 3.

This deal is at best $15 better then buying a deluxe at best buy for $349.99 and getting a $50 Gift Card since target is essentially selling you NSMB U for $35; which is about what you could get it for on eBay (It's $44 on Amazon).

And I imagine that most people have best buy credit to use. Anyways you're delusional if you think this (deluxe console) won't be $299.99 or less in the next 4 months.

American express has a promotion with Best buy right now where if you spend $250 or more  you get $25 back.

if this can be price match at BB to get the free Mario game it would be a better deal

Its $389 for a Deluxe ($350) + Mario U ($60) That alone is $410. So right there you save $15. You also get a $50 give card on top of that so you are getting $65 on this deal. Its as much as a deal as getting an Xbox 250 GB with 2 games for $50 less than MSRP.

I heard months ago that the Deluxe would be $250-$350 and yet,here we are, and it still hasnt had any kind of price cut.

This is a solid deal, if you cannot wait, but assuming Nintendo drop the price by this holiday season (and they are fools if they do not), there will probably be better deals. Granted, a price cut for this year is not guaranteed.

Personally, I can wait.

Its $389 for a Deluxe ($350) + Mario U ($60) That alone is $410. So right there you save $15. You also get a $50 give card on top of that so you are getting $65 on this deal. Its as much as a deal as getting an Xbox 250 GB with 2 games for $50 less than MSRP.

I heard months ago that the Deluxe would be $250-$350 and yet,here we are, and it still hasnt had any kind of price cut.
and in those months Nintendo sold 150,000 units so I guess they're having the last laugh.... right?

If NSMB U isn't worth more then $35 to the person buying the deluxe system then it isn't anymore of a deal then any of the previous deals that bundle the deluxe console with a $50GC.

Using your logic than 50%+ of the deals on this thread shouldn't be here then.

ALL deals are subjective. Maybe to someone a game isnt worth $35 but to someone else it is. Who are you or me or anyone else to say what is and isnt a deal?

Anything below MSRP is really the only real way to go by what is and isnt a deal.

Using your logic than 50%+ of the deals on this thread shouldn't be here then.

ALL deals are subjective. Maybe to someone a game isnt worth $35 but to someone else it is. Who are you or me or anyone else to say what is and isnt a deal?

Anything below MSRP is really the only real way to go by what is and isnt a deal.
Wow, do you really not understand? Technically, yes, the MSRP has not budged on this. But retailers are effectively forcing Nintendo's hand on it. It was just on sale for $199 at Wal-Marts in Canada, lol. Common sense, my friend. Nintendo can barely sell it without competition -- in 3 months, it will be bombarded with it. Price drop is imminent.

I hope people realize US =/= Rest of the World.

The Wii U is actually doing OK in the US. It's failing epically hard everywhere else which is why you're probably seeing sales so often there. If I'm not mistaken, it only sold 10k in Europe in a month!

The Wii U is actually doing OK in the US. It's failing epically hard everywhere else which is why you're probably seeing sales so often there. If I'm not mistaken, it only sold 10k in Europe in a month!
What?!? The Wii U is not actually doing "ok" here. LOLOLOL. I mean, good grief, the vita is outselling the wii u. The WII is outselling the wii u.

Well, this thread has turned to garbage. Might as well lock it.
860%20-%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%20david_otunga%20gif%20wwe%20you_mad.gif

Don't take that buyer's remorse out on the rest of us.

hmmm... no.. is not...

"Wii U hasn’t done much to contribute, however, as worldwide sales for the console only reached 160,000 units. Of that number, 90,000 were sold in Japan, with North America shifting 60,000 units. Both Europe and Australia sold a paltry 10,000 units in three months, which explains why retailers like Asda are dropping the Wii U from their shelves."

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/07/wii-u-only-sold-160000-units-this-financial-quarter/

NSMBU is the best "New" game in the series. It actually ranks up pretty close to Super Mario World. If you buy NSMBU, you get the Luigi "Hard DLC" at a $10 discount.

It won't be $279 by the end of the year. Unless you mean the Basic version.
Being the best New SMB isn't enough to push a system if I'm on the fence. I bought a N64 for Mario 64 and a Wii for SMGalaxy. Nintendo played this Mario too safe for me.

Don't take that buyer's remorse out on the rest of us.
Yeah, I got a Wii U at launch with 4 games for around $300, lol. And I really enjoy it. So no, I don't regret the things I buy. I have never regret a Nintendo system because *gasp* I enjoy Nintendo games!

bread's done
Back