Target ad 3/16-23 yoshi 3ds xl with $30gc, Save $20 deal is back!

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey just saw the target ad over at blu-Ray
Video game deals
Yoshi 3ds xl system $199.99
*all 3ds xl come with a $30 gc

Couple of 3ds games at Msrp

Titanfall Xbox one bundle $499.99

4gb Xbox 360 $179.99 w/ $25 gc

Save $20 on
Fifa 14(360/ps3),
GTAV (360/ps3),
COD:ghost(360/ps3),
Lego movie game(ps4/xbone),
Nba2k14(360/ps3),
Assassins Creed Black Flag(360/ps3),
Skylanders Swapforce(Wii)
with $1 reservation cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Got shot down at my local target. The manager said it was either or the other (meaning the price-match or preorder bonus). I had no problem doing it and getting Tomb Raider for a buck during the old sale. :/

So any other "hidden" games that work with the $20 off as in the past?
I see already that other platforms work from the games listed such as PS4, 3DS, etc.

Got the $20 preorder bonus deal applied manually in customer service to the Xbox1/X360 Dual Download Pack for COD Ghosts that is on clearance for $20.98, worked out to a little over $2.  Could only get one though.

That seller most likely buys from the manufacturer, and is making a profit. Ive seen them sell for around $260, but thats shipping world wide. Itll still be a little while, until they are all gone. I dont see them dropping in value, to say the least.

This auction here had it sell for $197.52

At the moment it isn't making people any money, but maybe in the future.

That seller most likely buys from the manufacturer, and is making a profit. Ive seen them sell for around $260, but thats shipping world wide. Itll still be a little while, until they are all gone. I dont see them dropping in value, to say the least.
No way does that seller buy directly from nintendo...it was the only nintendo product they've sold in the last few months lol. Take a look at items for sale and recent sells. Got cag written all over him. Nah he just took a bath on Yoshi. Nothing rare or valuable about it

Can someone confirm the $20 off deal works with games on other systems (3ds??) Also, can you get two $20 off discounts with two games and two pre-orders?

Just got back from two targets, cause the first one didnt have black flag in stock.

The $20 off deal does not seem to work on titles not listed as I thought was suggested earlier.

I tried black flag + mario 3d land for 3ds. Got 20 off on black flag but no go on mario.

Same deal with COD:ghosts + south park stick of truth. Got the deal + PM on ghost for $10 but south park was full price.

Oh well still not a bad deal.

Now does anyone want to trade a unopened copy of ghost for any good 3ds game? (Fire emblem, donkey kong, curby, etc)? 

Just got back from two targets, cause the first one didnt have black flag in stock.

The $20 off deal does not seem to work on titles not listed as I thought was suggested earlier.

I tried black flag + mario 3d land for 3ds. Got 20 off on black flag but no go on mario.

Same deal with COD:ghosts + south park stick of truth. Got the deal + PM on ghost for $10 but south park was full price.

Now does anyone want to trade a unopened copy of ghost for any good 3ds game? (Fire emblem, donkey kong, curby, etc)? 

Do I even want to imagine what "Curby" looks like...? :lol:

I read this as, "reserve a title for $1, and get $20 off of it". I don't know why, maybe it's the wording or the pictures in the ad, I don't know. But that's how I read that.

Aww, it didn't work at all for me! He scanned the $1 Reserve card and...nothing happened. Rang up as $33 something. I followed everything people had been doing here. Black Flag PS3 btw

Does anyone if they'd accept a return on just the Lego game or any other eligible item without returning the other item you bought with it?

Wow. I brought CoD: Ghost yesterday with the deal for $10. Wanted to get another copy for my brother. Douchebag associate told me it's one per customer with the price match / preorder deal. 

Does it even say that in their policy? Anyways, got my friend to buy it using my card. 

Just want to say thanks for the deal! 

Just tried again and it didn't work.

1) Ask for ACIV
2) Cashier Price Matches Amazon
3) Price is 32.XX
4) Give Preorder card (Destiny PS3)
5) Price is 33.XX

What am I doing wrong?

Just tried again and it didn't work.
1) Ask for ACIV
2) Cashier Price Matches Amazon
3) Price is 32.XX
4) Give Preorder card (Destiny PS3)
5) Price is 33.XX
What am I doing wrong?
I just got an AC4 for PS3 this morning and it worked fine. I price matched target.com though.

I hate when employees try to stop you from doing the deal, even ones that aren't even doing the transaction. Though they can deny you any price match / promotion, there is no where that states they can't combine the deal (the exclusions are for other stores reserve / preorder deals).

Yesterday I asked to get the deal and the girl ask what I wanted to price match. I said Toysrus and she said, "oh no we don't price match that". Than she said, "I hope you're not doing that card deal too b/c we won't allow that here". I told her I did the deal yesterday at this very store. She went on about you won't get it. I told her just bring me to customer service to do it over there. 

Went to CS and got the deal done in 5 minutes from her manager. I swear, every time with Target employees. It's like it hurts them to see you save money.

I hate when employees try to stop you from doing the deal, even ones that aren't even doing the transaction. Though they can deny you any price match / promotion, there is no where that states they can't combine the deal (the exclusions are for other stores reserve / preorder deals).

Yesterday I asked to get the deal and the girl ask what I wanted to price match. I said Toysrus and she said, "oh no we don't price match that". Than she said, "I hope you're not doing that card deal too b/c we won't allow that here". I told her I did the deal yesterday at this very store. She went on about you won't get it. I told her just bring me to customer service to do it over there.

Went to CS and got the deal done in 5 minutes from her manager. I swear, every time with Target employees. It's like it hurts them to see you save money.
Actually, it does hurt them when they sell you something at a loss. Target has already cut employee hours and forced employees to do things like stock grocery shelves while the store is open. Ultimately, it's a glitch in their system and while corporate should be better about catching these things and closing the loopholes, I would never fault an employee for trying to protect the financial solvency of their employer.

anyone try and price match swap force? Was thinking about matching amazon for ~$49, would make the starter pack around $30 for Xbox One..

Actually, it does hurt them when they sell you something at a loss. Target has already cut employee hours and forced employees to do things like stock grocery shelves while the store is open. Ultimately, it's a glitch in their system and while corporate should be better about catching these things and closing the loopholes, I would never fault an employee for trying to protect the financial solvency of their employer.
I can understand that. But it isn't a glitch in the system. Their policy and registers allow this and have for as long as these deals have been going on.

The manager even called Target corp for confirmation and they said it is allowed.

I did it no problem here in Owensboro, KY also, me and my friend booya42301 was the only ones as of this day at our target to do it as I was in there yesterday talking to one of the associates who helped me and my friend out.  Seems as if this city doesnt know anything about the deals.

I keep seeing peopel ask if it works for xbone as in. it states $59.99 on the target website, other sites im not sure but unless you all are referring to making the xbone price be the 360 price.  I dont think it will work but if anybody has tried, feel free to chime in.

Unless your other alternative, which Im sure it will work, is to buy ghosts or black flag, walk out,  then take game to Walmart or something return it without receipt, get a store credit of the MSRP Price $59.99 on a store card and then you can get Xbone or PS4 copy. Would that be right or wrong?

Regardless I got my copys of ghosts and black flag a few days ago, plan to keep them since i collect games, I never get rid of them.

I did it no problem here in Owensboro, KY also, me and my friend booya42301 was the only ones as of this day at our target to do it as I was in there yesterday talking to one of the associates who helped me and my friend out. Seems as if this city doesnt know anything about the deals.

I keep seeing peopel ask if it works for xbone as in. it states $59.99 on the target website, other sites im not sure but unless you all are referring to making the xbone price be the 360 price. I dont think it will work but if anybody has tried, feel free to chime in.

Unless your other alternative, which Im sure it will work, is to buy ghosts or black flag, walk out, then take game to Walmart or something return it without receipt, get a store credit of the MSRP Price $59.99 on a store card and then you can get Xbone or PS4 copy. Would that be right or wrong?

Regardless I got my copys of ghosts and black flag a few days ago, plan to keep them since i collect games, I never get rid of them.
That would be very, very wrong.

Thought it would be.... As target is doing this, it seems like they are loosing money quickly because of this deal,  but they must be doing this to try to get more customers to shop at there store, more then likely the publishers and manufacturers might be compensating them for these deals (if store sells this many copys with the promo, they get a incentive or so much back in profit in return) I could be wrong but I've had some people say they thought about doing that where they get there copys and then take them to another store and get a xbone or ps4 version.

I picked up :360: Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for $10. The preorder card was for Watch Dogs.  The price match was done by the electronics department who had no problem doing their adjustment, though he was surprised by the final price.

Has anyone had any luck with the deal working on the hardened edition of COD: Ghosts? I was tempted to try it if I can find a Target store that still has it in stock. Too bad I missed the Microsoft Store clearance sale.

Surprised they did it at the electronics department, me and my friends were required to be done at Guest Services. Not sure why price match couldnt be done in the back unless they are using old technology computers.

Surprised they did it at the electronics department, me and my friends were required to be done at Guest Services. Not sure why price match couldnt be done in the back unless they are using old technology
computers.
Cause guest service has to verify the price match themselves. Usually using the ipad they have. Then on their computer theyre able to put which place is being price matched for their records. Plus they have to type in a supervisor key allowing a price change to go through thats over a certain amount

Last edited by a moderator:
Cause guest service has to verify the price match themselves. Usually using the ipad they have. Then on their computer theyre able to put which place is being price matched for their records. Plus they have to type in a supervisor key allowing a price change to go through thats over a certain amount
They didn't for me. The electronics employee just looked at my phone and keyed in a new price. Maybe that has something to do why the $1 Preorder card didn't work?

Picked up Ghosts and AC4 for PS3 for $22 at the Atascocita, TX store. No prob with either the employee or lod, they were cool with it. Thank OP, always love catching these deals. ^w^

This definitely still works . Though I got shot down last second the register still allows it . Tried it on ghosts and black flag with destiny and watch dogs cards . After price matching and then scanning the cards it took the 20$ off and the associate got nervous and called a manager who then shot me down . It's ok gonna stop at 2 targets on my way to two gamestops on my way to best buy tomorrow.

Original price: 59.99 + tax
Price Match Price: 29.99 + tax
Preorder Card: 1.00
Final Price 30.99 + tax

:wall:
He probably voided the discount on the transaction manually.
like each item bought is a line on the screen. lets say I use a team member discount that pops up as a line saying "team member discount" and a coupon just comes as "manufactures coupon... $2.00" or "target coupon 1.00" anyways it probably popped up as $20 savings or whatever it says then they proceeded to void that line of the transaction.

He probably voided the discount on the transaction manually.
like each item bought is a line on the screen. lets say I use a team member discount that pops up as a line saying "team member discount" and a coupon just comes as "manufactures coupon... $2.00" or "target coupon 1.00" anyways it probably popped up as $20 savings or whatever it says then they proceeded to void that line of the transaction.
Possibly, although I was watching the price display, and it never dropped $20 in the first place, and they seemed confused when I mentioned it. My theory is that when they price matched, they just turned it into a 29.99 blank item and then when the preorder card was added, the system didn't category it as a video game anymore. Granted, I have no idea how the Target system works, so that might be off.

Possibly, although I was watching the price display, and it never dropped $20 in the first place, and they seemed confused when I mentioned it. My theory is that when they price matched, they just turned it into a 29.99 blank item and then when the preorder card was added, the system didn't category it as a video game anymore. Granted, I have no idea how the Target system works, so that might be off.
The only way to ring it up as 29.99 with no category is to do it as a no barcode which gives a DPCI of 999-99-9999 (or something like that). Of course, Assets Protection frowns on that. And they want a DPCI linked to every item, as otherwise it would cause shortage. Even if it's only a dollar or two item.

bread's done
Back