Target Black Friday in July

It's sort of live, you just have to search for the individual items.

For example, here's the TV everyone was talking about.

Shipping, really, really, sucks. Be warned.

EDIT
Nevermind, sale is completely live now.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']nothing very exciting in video games...[/QUOTE]

Unless anyone can find something AWESOME in this, this looks like a pass.

[quote name='themightypencil']distrato...i've been reading reviews all day on this, and ive read people are disappointed in the lack of color controls arent that great, and the black isnt as deep as others...whats your opinion?[/QUOTE]
Well its my first large HDTV so I was pretty impressed. The 120 hz is definitely nice. I was just playing Bad Company 2 on my PS3 and everything is noticeably smoother when compared to my old monitor or my friends TV which is a 32" 60hz 1080p Samsung. The blacks look great to me but then again it is my first TV so I don't have much to go on. I will say the TV speakers are adequate but can be too low or too high sometimes. I'm looking into getting some speakers or a sound bar. I'll take some pics in a second I guess.

Pissed I waited for this. Rolled the dice though. All im gettin is this god damned white tiger alive for my daughter.

[quote name='chakan']$2.80 shipping per game.[/QUOTE]

Ouch...that kills the deals for me. $5 for True Romance looked good, but not when shipping is 50%+ extra.

[quote name='chakan']$2.80 shipping per game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! Well that kills Mirror's Edge for me. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Ouch...that kills the deals for me. $5 for True Romance looked good, but not when shipping is 50%+ extra.[/QUOTE]Shipping is $2.99 for entire order of movies, music and books. Even though games come in same cases as dvds, shipping starts at $2.80, and goes up for every additional game.

ordered WWII in HD on Blu-Ray (18 after tax and shipping). Only thing I could find. Thought about getting the Guild but hard to justify the price for 5 min. episodes.

btw stay away from the world at war - Amazon had it as a deal of the day recently and people shot it down due to the upcoming release on blu-ray.

Sean - is Dr. Horrible similar to the Guild in that it has a bunch of short episodes?

Farscape The Complete DVD collection is $47.99. Beats the best price I have seen on it by close to $20 ... but I already own it.

I am tempted by a couple of the poorly reviewed $10 PS3 games.

[quote name='chakan']Shipping is $2.99 for entire order of movies, music and books. Even though games come in same cases as dvds, shipping starts at $2.80, and goes up for every additional game.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound too bad then if we can find some good $5 movies. Dr. Horrible Blu for $6.xx sounds pretty good, although I haven't seen it yet.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Dr. Horrible Bluray $6.28 seems like a good deal.[/QUOTE]
FYI, Best Buy's version (with a comic book) is only $9.74 on their website, available for in-store pickup.

[quote name='flix1']Farscape The Complete DVD collection is $47.99. Beats the best price I have seen on it by close to $20 ... but I already own it.

I am tempted by a couple of the poorly reviewed $10 PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

I bit--rewatching farscape on netflix and read blueray won't be coming so figured why not.

[quote name='Distrato']Alright here's a few photos of the TV. Sorry it took so long I've never used my flickr.

Pics[/QUOTE]

what's the theme you are using there for your ps3? it's adorable. :D

[quote name='tiddled06']Pissed I waited for this. Rolled the dice though. All im gettin is this god damned white tiger alive for my daughter.[/QUOTE]

I laughed at this, but I don't know why.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']what's the theme you are using there for your ps3? it's adorable. :D[/QUOTE]

Game featured appears to be ICO for the PS2. I like the background image.

Was hoping for something to use my giftcards on. Only thing that looks okay is the tiger, but it's not something I would buy.

$41.99 for the 7 disc Rocky Blu Ray package isn't too shabby. I went ahead and picked up that 70's Show, Rocky, Dr. Horrible, and the WWII blu. Thanks for pointing a few of those out.

really want that 70s show...im hoping amazon price matches so we'll see when i wake up. if not then hopefully it isnt sold out on target.com.

Anyone interested in the tv should make sure to verify with reviews for that model. I have the 47" Philips 7403 (last 4 numbers) got it a year and a half ago for 1200 and think its great. I bought it mostly for games though. I'm not sure about the differences, if any, between models so I can't help there. The box it comes in also has a sweet locking mechanism. (I know, sounds stupid but I saved the box despite hearing flac from my fiancee but it was blessing when we moved and had to move the tv safely)

As far as cons go, if you have a philips divx player (I do) there can be a delay when using the divx controller, for instance having to hold down the play button for a sec instead of pressing it, must be some sort of confusion between tv and divx (never existed with other tvs). If not using a stereo system, audio settings may require tweaking for some movies. I would also recommend immediately visiting Philips web site and getting the latest firmware for the tv and installing it via usb. For my particular model, I did not experience the horror stories I read online but I also upgraded firmware the day I got it.

Only thing I considered getting was the Dr. Horrible Blu...but with shipping its 9.28. Its 10.49 on Amazon. I've already seen it (for free, mind you). I think I can wait for a better price.

That Homicide: Life in the Streets boxset looks hot for 47.99 but it's out of stock :(. Wish Amazon would price match since I've always wanted to see the show.

[quote name='chakan']Shipping is $2.99 for entire order of movies, music and books. Even though games come in same cases as dvds, shipping starts at $2.80, and goes up for every additional game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It defies logic. My guess is that it isn't price gouging, but instead that no one working for Target.com actually plays games.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That Homicide: Life in the Streets boxset looks hot for 47.99 but it's out of stock :(. Wish Amazon would price match since I've always wanted to see the show.[/QUOTE]

It's good. It's done by the same creators as The Wire, and IMHO, The Wire is a billion times better. Obviously Homicide was created earlier, on network television, with smaller budgets, and less time. But if you've seen The Wire you're not missing out on much.

[quote name='dkl415']It's good. It's done by the same creators as The Wire, and IMHO, The Wire is a billion times better. Obviously Homicide was created earlier, on network television, with smaller budgets, and less time. But if you've seen The Wire you're not missing out on much.[/QUOTE]

That's not completely true, you are missing out on Frank Pembelton the greatest tv character ever created.

bread's done
Back