radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Guess I should stop by Target. Mine doesn't have a clearance section for games, everything is in a huge display case, so I guess I'll have to print out some UPCs are get a sales person to price check some stuff for me.

I found a couple of Ridge Racers. If anyone is interested in a trade PM me. I am looking for Lumines and Dead to Rights.

[quote name='sKp05']Sprung is $4.98. I picked up 4 copies, this old lady looked at me like I was crazy.[/QUOTE]

hahhaa u deserved that!!!!111111

anyways i'll go to 2 other targets near my other house see if they got some feel da'magic.

Exton, Pa again...Got the Last/Only Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA for $7.98. Wasn;t shrinkwraped or anything, but it was complete. Hope it works, because I can;t return it.

I got a wired Xbox 360 controller (official MS one) for $20.01 in the clearance section and there was only one. Prolly VERY YMMV

[quote name='kapkorn']I got a wired Xbox 360 controller (official MS one) for $20.01 in the clearance section and there was only one. Prolly VERY YMMV[/QUOTE]

This had to be a mistake . . . 2 weeks after shipping, to be clearanced?

I got Spyro Hero's Tail for $4.98 (good thing I returned the $10 Best Buy one!). I had it hidden for at least a month to get it go down from $13.98.

[quote name='schultzed']
I got Spyro Hero's Tail for $4.98 (good thing I returned the $10 Best Buy one!). I had it hidden for at least a month to get it go down from $13.98.[/QUOTE]

I jus tgot Spyro Hero's Tail for XB for $4.98 also. The funny thing is that it had a Circuit City price sticker on it. I'm surprised Target took it back. It must have been on Black Friday when they didn't have time to argue.

[quote name='kapkorn']I got a wired Xbox 360 controller (official MS one) for $20.01 in the clearance section and there was only one. Prolly VERY YMMV[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it wasn't just an AS IS - RETURNED?

The price ($20.01) would seem to imply that it was.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Are you sure it wasn't just an AS IS - RETURNED?

The price ($20.01) would seem to imply that it was.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, I dont go to Target much, it looked new though.

I've noticed a lot of poeple saying that once Target renovated their electronics section, they eliminated their clearence. Fortunately they have not done this at the three I go to regularly, so I would say keep checking, they may bring the clearence back.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Can anyone give me some tips on finding the clearance section? I have gone to three Targets and scanned a few PSP games but they were all full price! I got a little frusterated because it sucks seeing everyone get really awesome deals and I can't find squat >.

[quote name='Dainbramaged']I've noticed a lot of poeple saying that once Target renovated their electronics section, they eliminated their clearence. Fortunately they have not done this at the three I go to regularly, so I would say keep checking, they may bring the clearence back.[/QUOTE]

Well, my Targets have renovated their clearances....but the clearances are nowhere near as full as they once were. I still go every once in awhile, but it just seems as if at the time of the renovation that they did some spring-cleaning....and got rid of a ton of games, by sending them elsewhere.

I've never been able to find a clearance section, all the endcaps are either a Player's Choice/Greatest Hits section, or a 360 demo.

My target changed to the two isle cabinet setup...but they still have a "discounted" games rack, AND a clearance section in one part of the glass cabinets...it's full of game bundles in the normal game racks and then at the bottom they have stickered clearance games. Not as good as they used to have...but good enough.

A bunch of games in the clearance area arent even on clearance though...no discount at all actually.

Locations, people, we need locations !

I know, I know, it's fun to brag about how little you paid and what a great haul you got BUT.... let's help some other CAGers out besides ourselves and list the locations of the stores where you found your great deals !! Please ?

[quote name='bmulligan']Locations, people, we need locations !

I know, I know, it's fun to brag about how little you paid and what a great haul you got BUT.... let's help some other CAGers out besides ourselves and list the locations of the stores where you found your great deals !! Please ?[/QUOTE]
Uh, I figured my location took care of that...

Actually, I was only able to score these because I hid them about a month ago. The rest of our clearance endcap seems to have been removed.

syro in my other target is still 15 bux omfg.

BUT some kid hid 2 copies of feel the magic and i found it!!!! i finally freakin found a copy. got both copies right under 5 bux each. good shhhhttuff.

Hiding games doesn't seem very ethical...the store could have sold them for a higher price if you didn't hide them.

[quote name='Rictor']Hiding games doesn't seem very ethical...the store could have sold them for a higher price if you didn't hide them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that, I needed a damned good laugh. :)

This is my first post here.

I was at the Target around East Hanover (NJ) last night and they got rid of all the clearance games. They also renovated the Games section so maybe that can be it. I did get God of War for $28.88.

... few days ago I got the Donkey Konga Bongos (without game) for $7.48 not marked and Donkey Konga 2 (game only) for like $8.57 or something like that. It is funny because I priced the Donkey Konga 2 bundle with Bongos and it came up $49.99 so in other words I got the exact same thing in pieces for under $18 including tax !!!! These were the last pieces in case you were wondering !!!

[quote name='evo t rex']Thank you for that, I needed a damned good laugh. :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to help. I'm sure you shoplift and laugh about it too.

bought/found a copy of Feel The Magic for $4.98 today. oddly enough it wasn't there the last time I went to that particular Target. it was also the only one there.

[quote name='asianxcore']bought/found a copy of Feel The Magic for $4.98 today. oddly enough it wasn't there the last time I went to that particular Target. it was also the only one there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my Target had a Sprung today in the Madden spot on the shelf. I asked the guy for the price and he said it was still $29.99 even though it was in the wrong spot. I made him scan it, though, and it came up $4.98.

[quote name='Vegan']Employees will never learn. Don't read me what the tag says, I could do that myself![/QUOTE]

What is up with this! Same shit happens when I ask K-Mart employees, no offense Roufuss, to scan PSONE LCD Screens. I know ther are illiterate people in the world, but give me the benefit of the doubt and they wonder why the customer takes a "tone".

[quote name='Vegan']Employees will never learn. Don't read me what the tag says, I could do that myself![/QUOTE]

Damn, you are so right. Same thing happened to me with the God of War 28.88 deal at Target. I tell her I want to know the price, and she replies condescendingly "It's $49.99", like I was belly-button lint. I toss her my own brand of smart-assedness with "Just scan the thing." What I should have done was whip out ol' Mr. Ender, point down to it, and say "It ain't gonna suck itself!" :lol:

I got my $99 DS at the Austin South Mopac location, so the catalog glitch is still being honored there. Before though I went to the Target on Lamar/290 and they told me to eat a d.

Also two of my friends got their $99 DS at the I-35 and 290E ( Towards Houston ) on Friday. So hurray for that.

[quote name='the ender']Damn, you are so right. Same thing happened to me with the God of War 28.88 deal at Target. I tell her I want to know the price, and she replies condescendingly "It's $49.99", like I was belly-button lint. I toss her my own brand of smart-assedness with "Just scan the thing." What I should have done was whip out ol' Mr. Ender, point down to it, and say "It ain't gonna suck itself!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is funny!!!

i had a dream i found the collectors edition of World of Warcraft for 2.98...
it was covered in clearance stickers until it reached that price... as soon as i picked it up from the clearance endcap my alarm clock woke me up...:cry: :cry: :cry:

I have had dreams about going to stores like Target and getting awesome clearance deals as well. It sucks when you wake up and realize it was just a dream.

You people have satisfying dreams about being in public places? Wtf. I tend to be running around without any pants and/or underwears on, and that's the LEAST of my problems in those visions.

:(

There's been a shameful lack of clearance items in all the Targets I've visited lately. Hopefully after the holidays, they'll fire up the red tag gun.

[quote name='radjago']There's been a shameful lack of clearance items in all the Targets I've visited lately. Hopefully after the holidays, they'll fire up the red tag gun.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. I just went to a bigger city 30 miles from me that has two Targets and they didnt even have clearance items. My small town Target has clearance stuff all the time. WTF? Oh well, I also went to that city and got a bunch of christmas shopping done anyways, so it wasnt a waste of time.

San Diego Target in Grossmont Center had around 20 PC clearance games. Mostly crap except Pariah (but it had a $15 price tag). So hopefully the holidays will bring us some cheer.

target in fairlakes, va...SWAT 4 red tag...WAS 19.99...NOW 34.99!!! yay..i'd like the shoot the price changing team for that one.

Damn these Christmas shoppers....don't they know the rules of Target clearance pricing. People are buying up everything regardless of the price....

Yeah, I get that a lot at almost every establishment. As if to suggest that the price tag is always absolute; the more lazy the employees, the less likely it will be.

Anybody find recently a TMNT 2 for Xbox? My local Target barcode scanner reads it as being only $4.98, but they have none in stock. :/

Got PS2 Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for $1.24 at Gilroy Target. There was a hole pile left. No other games were clearanced (weird).

Incidently, got the new PSP STAMINA battery (2200mAh), $30 after $10 off coupon. The coupon was for the older battery:)

[quote name='Maxell650']Got PS2 Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for $1.24 at Gilroy Target. There was a hole pile left. No other games were clearanced (weird).

Incidently, got the new PSP STAMINA battery (2200mAh), $30 after $10 off coupon. The coupon was for the older battery:)[/QUOTE]

DAMN DAMN DAMN - I was right next to that Target a few days ago (travelling from Oregon to San Diego) and passed it up after stopping in several other ones the last few days. Every other Target I've gone to in CA has had absolute squat on clearance.

new to this forum, so pardon the poor question. This particular thread about Target caught my attention, so I stopped by one ther other day with no luck. I just wanted to make sure I'm looking in the right place. A couple aisles over from the video games was an end cap against the wall with a clearance sign on it, filled with some random toys and only one video game. (I think I was Driver 3, not sure) Well I scanned the game for the heck of it, and it came up $19.99. So the lack of any games to begin with, and the fact that the only one there scanned up at 20 bucks made me question if I was looking in the right place..

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back