Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

The target off of Libby Avenue in Richmond VA had a few clearance games. I picked up

Europa Universalis III collectors edition: 12.48 (many copies)
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade 7.48 (many copies)

Sorry if this is a repost.

[quote name='Dezlen']The target off of Libby Avenue in Richmond VA had a few clearance games. I picked up

Sorry if this is a repost.[/QUOTE]

Damn you target, keeping Europa Universalis at 24.98 for the past two weeks at all local targets. Damn you!

[quote name='Dezlen']The target off of Libby Avenue in Richmond VA had a few clearance games. I picked up

Sorry if this is a repost.[/quote]
I now know for certain that my addition will be a repost, but I'll toss it in anyway. I also picked up Europa Universalis III: Collector's Edition for $12.48 at my local Target (Grossmont Center, in La Mesa, CA).

Oddly enough, they also had the non-CE version at full price. :roll:

I saw a label at target that put the Halo 3 Face Plate at $5.00. They did not have anymore in stock. Also, did Target stop stocking Trutech TV's because all I see are Olivia Tv's now?

Sorry if this is a repost.[/QUOTE]

You sure it was Dark Crusade for $7.48?

Because if it is, I'll be heading to some local Target's tonight then... other reports have said it is the Gold Edition of Dawn of War on clearance, this is the first I've seen that it's Dark Crusade (a game I've been wanting for a long time now).

Can anyone else confirm? Hell, even at $14.98 I'd still grab a copy, but I haven't even heard of it being on clearance, much less being on clearance so cheap.

[quote name='Roufuss']You sure it was Dark Crusade for $7.48?

Because if it is, I'll be heading to some local Target's tonight then... other reports have said it is the Gold Edition of Dawn of War on clearance, this is the first I've seen that it's Dark Crusade (a game I've been wanting for a long time now).

Can anyone else confirm? Hell, even at $14.98 I'd still grab a copy, but I haven't even heard of it being on clearance, much less being on clearance so cheap.[/quote]

I can confirm that at my Target Dark Crusade was also clearanced, but if I recall correctly it had been clearanced to $14.98.

[quote name='atatpilot3']I can confirm that at my Target Dark Crusade was also clearanced, but if I recall correctly it had been clearanced to $14.98.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it has been clearanced as well. I already own it, so I didn't look at it and therefore don't know the price at my store (Transit Road in Amherst, NY). They tend to lag behind a bit, so I'd be willing to bet it's still 14.98 there as well.

Wow guys, thanks a lot! I love Dawn of War, and I remember the expansion never really went on sale for very cheap when it was released, so I've just been waiting for Target to clearance it - this is the first I've seen confirmation on it, and now that there is lots of confirmation, I'm going to head out today to nab it.

$14.98 is a good enough price for me (it was actually the price I was willing to spend), and then if it does go cheaper I'll just buy another copy and return it under the old receipt :D

Thanks so much!!!

When the hell did Target clearance become YMMV?

I've always found the same prices everyone else does, but the one freaking time I actually really want a game that's on clearance, 2 Target's don't even have it, and the third has Dawn of War Dark Crusade at full price for $29.99?!?

What a waste of two hours in a car with no AC =/ The only two games I found were some Europa game for $25 and some stupid Agatha Christie game.

If anyone finds this and wants to pick up an extra for me, whether it's $7.50 (preferred) or even $14.98, I'd *really really* appreciate it (I can pay ASAP with Paypal) - if this Target here ever puts it on clearance, I'll already have moved :(

Same problem here Roufuss. The 3 local Targets have no clearances and PC game prices are generally higher than at Wal-Mart and CC.

I was hoping to find Diablo and Warhammer for dirt cheap like other CAGers, but no such luck.

100% positive it was 7.48 on clearance, as I bought a copy. The Target I saw it at had several copies. If anyone is interested, and they have any left, I can pick some up next week.

[quote name='Serik']Same problem here Roufuss. The 3 local Targets have no clearances and PC game prices are generally higher than at Wal-Mart and CC.

I was hoping to find Diablo and Warhammer for dirt cheap like other CAGers, but no such luck.[/QUOTE]

Well, on the last round of clearances, I found everything in my area dirt cheap: Prey, Hitman, Civ 4 Expansion, Warcraft 3 expansion, Condemned, Dark Messiah... the entire list!

Now, I go to Target, Dawn of War Gold is full price, Dark Crusade is full price, Starcraft Battle Chest is full price, and none of the other games people are finding are even there.

Just struck me as odd, since I had never seen YMMV Target clearance prices before =/ What makes it even worse is this is the one game I've been waiting for Target to clearance!!

Dezlen, I don't doubt anyone else who found it, I just hate the fact my Target's have started the downward trend of sucking ;)

Checked a few minutes in Champaign and found no Dawn of War Dark Crusade. I'd certainly appreciate it if anyone could find it for $7.48. I'll pay that + shipping + extra or trade something from my trade list.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, on the last round of clearances, I found everything in my area dirt cheap: Prey, Hitman, Civ 4 Expansion, Warcraft 3 expansion, Condemned, Dark Messiah... the entire list!

Now, I go to Target, Dawn of War Gold is full price, Dark Crusade is full price, Starcraft Battle Chest is full price, and none of the other games people are finding are even there.

Just struck me as odd, since I had never seen YMMV Target clearance prices before =/ What makes it even worse is this is the one game I've been waiting for Target to clearance!!

Dezlen, I don't doubt anyone else who found it, I just hate the fact my Target's have started the downward trend of sucking ;)[/QUOTE]

They've been YMMV for me for a while. My Target is generally one price drop behind most other people's. Still, the spot where they keep them is well hidden, and it seems few people take advantage of them beyond me and one or two people working there.

Last trip, picked up GRAW for 9.98 on PC, FYI if anyone cares.

yep target's clearance vary from store to store. i guess you could always take the game when its not on clearance and go methodically hide it somewhere (like behind some bath towels) and then come back in a week or 2 and see if the price has dropped on one of those store scanner things ;) if not, wash rinse repeat.

[quote name='CappyCobra']StarCraft Battlechest dropped to 4.98 [/quote]

Last time I checked it wasn't even on clearance in any of my local stores.

[quote name='Roufuss']When the hell did Target clearance become YMMV?

I've always found the same prices everyone else does, but the one freaking time I actually really want a game that's on clearance, 2 Target's don't even have it, and the third has Dawn of War Dark Crusade at full price for $29.99?!?

What a waste of two hours in a car with no AC =/ The only two games I found were some Europa game for $25 and some stupid Agatha Christie game.

If anyone finds this and wants to pick up an extra for me, whether it's $7.50 (preferred) or even $14.98, I'd *really really* appreciate it (I can pay ASAP with Paypal) - if this Target here ever puts it on clearance, I'll already have moved :([/quote]

What is the point of driving 2 hours to a Target? It would probably be cheaper to buy it online instead of spending the extra 30 dollars in gas.

[quote name='chodax']What is the point of driving 2 hours to a Target? It would probably be cheaper to buy it online instead of spending the extra 30 dollars in gas.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I wrote it quickly, I didn't really drive 2 hours to one Target... I have 3 Target's that take about a 10 min drive a piece, so it was 2 hours total for driving, going to the store, looking at stuff, etc etc. But I could see how someone got confused... hell, if I went two hours of pure driving, I could have hit 8 or 9 Target's.

There was other stuff I probably would have gotten if it was cheap enough, but it wasn't, so I also didn't go out for one thing.

And 2 hours of driving = 30 dollars in gas? 2 hours of driving only equals like $5 in gas for me, if that.

Not sweating it though, Dark Crusade should be $20 MSRP very soon with the onset of the Platinum edition, so I'll throw a GGC at it at BB and grab it there for $15.

I need your advice, folks. Picked up Europa Universalis III Collector's Edition (mostly because the packaging looks so nifty, and because I enjoy Civilization 4). I also generally don't care for the faster paced RTSs, so I only GAVE it any consideration because the scale is a little larger and the pace slower.

Anyone else see this and bite? Any opinions on the game?

Appreciated!

[quote name='CappyCobra']StarCraft Battlechest dropped to 4.98 (Yeah, I pulled the trigger on that one ;) )
Gothic 3 is 9.98[/QUOTE]

ugh, I just bought it too. oh well, $9.99 isn't exactly a bad price :)

[quote name='Optical']Last time I checked it wasn't even on clearance in any of my local stores.[/QUOTE]
YMMV my friend. YMMV. :whistle2:/
[quote name='Apossum']ugh, I just bought it too. oh well, $9.99 isn't exactly a bad price :)[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you 'return' it and get the difference?

[quote name='CappyCobra']YMMV my friend. YMMV. :whistle2:/

Couldn't you 'return' it and get the difference?[/QUOTE]
Not if he bought it at EB or GameStop, he can't. :)

Really, I'd keep the $10 version and be happy with it - the Diablo and Starcraft battle chests seem to be incredibly hit or miss. Unfortunately, they've been a miss here in the stores I've checked, but I can still hope...that, and I've got to return a t-shirt that didn't fit tomorrow anyway. :D

Went to Target at Newbury Park, CA earlier. Saw
:pc:Europa Universalis III Collector's Edition - $12.48 (2 left)
:pc:Call of duty 1 Deluxe Edition - $7.98 (1 left)
:pc:Neverwinter Nights Diamond - $4.98 (1 left)
:pc:World series of Poker - $4.98 (a bunch left)

[quote name='Optical']Last time I checked it wasn't even on clearance in any of my local stores.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. In the past two days, I've been to three Target stores (don't ask), and none of them had either the Starcraft or the Diablo battle chest sets on clearance.

That said...I did see the Diablo II and the Lord of Destruction games packaged individually on clearance at those stores.

Memphis Central Target-- absolutely nothing as far as games go.

I did find (and purchase) an HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier for $24.98 (75% off-- normally 99.99). It's listed for $79.99 on Newegg. Pretty good deal. There were only two left and I bought one.

The new one 2 miles from my house moved a lot of 360 games to the end cap. Out of DOA4, Battlefield 2, Blitz, and a couple other miscellaneous games... nothing was lower than $29.99. They need to get on the ball to clearance these out.

Score, Wood Village (near Portland, OR) had Europa Universalis III collector's edition for 12.48, which was my magic price point. No clearance cap, just on the normal PC game endcap.

As other targets in the area had 24.98 last week, they should hopefully be down to this level now.

It's not a game for everybody, but if you love strategy, it's right up your alley. You can even influence the Holy See, what other game can you do that in. Geek sense tingling.

So, is there anything left on clearance from Target? I dropped by today at the Columbia, MD and saw they moved the clearance items to an endcap. They had a few items. Many many iPod cases, Civilization IV, and a few other small things.

I'm hoping the X-Box Vision kits are the next to clearance. The X-Box Live cards expire in June 2007.

I grabbed the Call of Duty Collector's set for $7.48 and GTA: San Andreas for $4.98 for the PC. I'm going to use them for my new PC build next week.

[quote name='lunchboxfett']Anyone in the Akron Ohio area find the Diablo and Starcraft on clearance?[/quote]

Hail fellow Akron CAG.

Fairlawn never had these items as far as I can tell. However I work up in Cleveland and the Parma Target had a Starcraft boxset at $9.98 last Monday.

[quote name='lunchboxfett']Anyone in the Akron Ohio area find the Diablo and Starcraft on clearance?[/quote]

[quote name='daminion']Hail fellow Akron CAG.

Fairlawn never had these items as far as I can tell. However I work up in Cleveland and the Parma Target had a Starcraft boxset at $9.98 last Monday.[/quote]

i was there over memorial day and went to the cuyahoga falls target and didnt see any. their store is being renovated and the electronics/game section is very tiny.

I finally scored the Wii Zelda messenger bag for $7.48. I had been looking for one ever since it was first posted in this thread.

Yeah, things are really thin in my area too. No games to speak of except for a couple of PC games.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post to about this but a couple months back when Wii systems were in high demand someone had posted a URL that allowed you to see if something was in stock at any Target store. If I remember correctly you typed in the URL and then you would have to get the SKU or the product number for the product you were interested in (Wii systems or anything for that matter) off of Target's website. You would then enter that SKU into part of the URL and then the zip code of the store you wanted to check, hit enter and it would tell you if it was available or sold out.

If someone could please post this URL I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Wyatt

[quote name='wyatt8']Yeah, things are really thin in my area too. No games to speak of except for a couple of PC games.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post to about this but a couple months back when Wii systems were in high demand someone had posted a URL that allowed you to see if something was in stock at any Target store. If I remember correctly you typed in the URL and then you would have to get the SKU or the product number for the product you were interested in (Wii systems or anything for that matter) off of Target's website. You would then enter that SKU into part of the URL and then the zip code of the store you wanted to check, hit enter and it would tell you if it was available or sold out.

If someone could please post this URL I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Wyatt[/quote]

Here you go!

http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=33410&asin=B0009VXBAQ

What the frick.. I'd been eyeing Amped 3 and was excited when it, along with Perfect Dark Zero and a few other games, dropped to 23.98 a few weeks ago. I thought this was the beginning of it getting clearanced out. I scanned it today and it was back up to 29.99.. what the.. !?

[quote name='Scorch']What the frick.. I'd been eyeing Amped 3 and was excited when it, along with Perfect Dark Zero and a few other games, dropped to 23.98 a few weeks ago. I thought this was the beginning of it getting clearanced out. I scanned it today and it was back up to 29.99.. what the.. !?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that part of the 20% off of "value" titles sale? Six bucks is 20% of $30...

[quote name='Scorch']What the frick.. I'd been eyeing Amped 3 and was excited when it, along with Perfect Dark Zero and a few other games, dropped to 23.98 a few weeks ago. I thought this was the beginning of it getting clearanced out. I scanned it today and it was back up to 29.99.. what the.. !?[/quote]

I noticed that as well. It was mentioned somewhere in this thread that some stores had signs up stating that "budget priced" games are 20% off for a period of time. This seemed to be aimed toward the 19.99 and under endcap games, but apparently applied to 29.99 and under 360 games as well. My stores had no signs, but Burnout Revenge 360 rang up 23.99 and Table Tennis rang up 15.99.

Just a report on the Columbus, OH Lennox Target. There wasn't much of note aside from one of those Nodus monstrosities and old faithful Diablo 2 (4.9x) and a couple copies of Gothic 3 (9.9x).

The Targets around me are officially dead. They've never had much in the way of video games but have been pretty good for PC games.

All I've seen lately is a couple lone copies of Gothic 3 for $9.xx

but even though this isn't technically "clearance" I noticed that the price on Age of Empires III has dropped to $20, which means it might be hitting actual clearance sometime soon.

[quote name='Deathmonkey']The Targets around me are officially dead. They've never had much in the way of video games but have been pretty good for PC games.

All I've seen lately is a couple lone copies of Gothic 3 for $9.xx

but even though this isn't technically "clearance" I noticed that the price on Age of Empires III has dropped to $20, which means it might be hitting actual clearance sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

You sure it was regular Age of Empires 3?

The Warchiefs expansion dropped to $20 at Gamestop today, but regular AoE 3 only dropped to a $30 MSRP.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']has anyone noticed the hp 3-1 (scanner/copier/printer) last week it was 49.9X (down from 99.99) i hope it dropped again this week[/quote]

Still scanned at $49 for me tonight. Hopefully next week it'll drop a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back