Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

I visited the Orland Park, IL Target a few days ago and picked up Neverwinter Nights: Diamond (PC) (Original Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide Expansion, Hordes of the Underdark Expansion, and Kingmaker Expansion pack) for $4.98.

[quote name='Hockey37']Still scanned at $49 for me tonight. Hopefully next week it'll drop a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Same. Me wantee.

[quote name='Roufuss']You sure it was regular Age of Empires 3?

The Warchiefs expansion dropped to $20 at Gamestop today, but regular AoE 3 only dropped to a $30 MSRP.[/QUOTE]

The tag just said AOE III, but the PC section at my local Targets is constructive chaos at best. All the PC games are in a PC section but thats just about all you can count on. If I'm back there any time soon, (and they still have it ... they only had one copy of the game and one copy of War Chiefs) I'll do a price check.

Copied and Pasted...Thanks MissLeading from SD!

Search Inventory

Target Clearance Guide:

Who:
Anyone with Cash, Check, ATM Card or Credit Card
Credit Cards Accepted:
Target Visa - Target Guest Card - Marshall Field’s Card - Mervyn’s Card - American Express - Visa - MasterCard - Discover
Important Note: Save an additional 10%
Open a Target Credit Card Account ( takes about 10 mins )
10% Discount Off Your Entire 1st Purchase
Caution ! - This is done at the Cash Register when you pay for your items.
Do not let them claim that the discount will be taken off via your first CC statement.

What:
Clearance Price Sticker; Color = A Combined Color of an Orange & Red Tint
This sticker has a "WAS" Price and a "NOW" Price printed on it.
Furthermore the sticker will have a 9 Digit Internal Target SKU #/DPC # in this format XXX XX XXXX
Important Note: Clearance stickers usually represent a lower "NOW" Price.
However, some people have reported seeing the "NOW" Price being higher than the "WAS" price so be careful.
This higher "NOW" Price is not a misprint. The Item will scan at the higher "NOW" Price.

The Target Clearance Sticker will also have a ??% printed on the Upper Right Portion of the sticker.
This ??% represents the savings difference between the "NOW" Price and the "WAS" Price.
Thus, if an item "WAS" $100.00 but is "NOW" $25.00 than 75% will appear in the Upper Right portion of the sticker.
Available Discounts:
10%, 15%, 25%, 30%, 50%, 55%, 60%, 75%, 80% and 90%(max for seasonal items ie xmas)

Important Note

You may or may not find clearance deals at any particular Target Store.
It is evident that discounts vary greatly by individual stores, departments and management.
Thus, your chance of finding specific deals posted HERE depends mostly on your shopping location.

Where: . . . ..Store Locator
Targer Stores
Target Greatland Stores
SuperTarget Stores

Clearance Items are located throughout the Entire Store
Important Note: Items that are discounted 10%, 30%, 50% etc.. are not necessarily marked with a Clearance Sticker.
Most Clearance Items can be found on the End Caps of some Merchandise Aisles.
Some Clearance Items can be found on the Far Walls of the Store.
Some Clearance Items are hidden within merchandise shelves, under pillows etc...
----by Employees & Bargain Shoppers
Some Clearance Items are hidden within Target Store Rooms
----by Target Employees

When:
Target is Open 7 Days a Week
Store Hours - Generally
8:00 Am - 10:00 Pm

------- Mark Down Schedule -------
-Mon. -- Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)
-Tues. -- Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
-Wed. -- Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items
-Thur. -- House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
-Fri. -- Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
Important Note: This is not an ABSOLUTE list.
That is to say that not ALL Target stores follow this mark down schedule.

------- Common Scanner Display Readouts -------
-- Ready State --
SCAN - with blinking cursor ( operational )
SCAN - with steady cursor ( operational )
Item Database..... ( out of order )
Note: I have noticed that not all Scanners BEEP after reading a UPC Barcode

-- After Scanning an Item --
$__.__ = Current Price

$0.00 = Item recently taken out of system

Item not found = Item has been purged from data base

Items not on file = You may be scanning the wrong Bar Code. You want to scan the Bar Code that contains 12 digits.

Target Brick & Mortar Return Policy

Main Points
A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges.
Some items cannot be returned if opened.
Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee
Holiday and Seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of the return will be refunded at the current clearance price.
--Don’t have your receipt?
Target has a Receipt Look up System.

------- The Facts -------
Headquarters Address
Target Corporation
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis MN, 55403

-Main Switchboard: (612) 304-6073
----(8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)
-Guest Relations Target Corp: (800) 440-0680
----(7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)
-Guest Services Target Stores: (800) 591-3869
----(8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)

-Retail Divisions
----Target, Marshall Field's and Mervyn's
-Other Divisions
----Target.direct(Target.com), Target Financial Services, Associated Merchandising Corporation and Dayton's Commercial Interiors.

Glossary
DPC = Data Product Code
UPC = Universal Product Code
SKU = Stock Keeping Unit
LDT = Laser Data Terminal Series
LRT = Laser Radio Terminal Series ( Handheld Scanner such as the LRT-3800 )
PDT = Portable Data Terminal Series
PM = Private Message
CC = Credit Card

Instead of DPC, you should have DPCI, which actually stands for Department, Class, Item.

[quote name='Hockey37']Still scanned at $49 for me tonight. Hopefully next week it'll drop a bit more.[/quote]

Picked that up for 24$ last week.

I just dropped by Target after seeing 300 at a cheapass theater ($0.50 on Wednesdays :) ). I picked up Europa Universalis III Collector's Edition for $4.98. It was the last one. It rang up as 12.98, but they changed it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or put it on my trade list.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']has anyone noticed the hp 3-1 (scanner/copier/printer) last week it was 49.9X (down from 99.99) i hope it dropped again this week[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have the DPCI # for this, so I can use that online Target backdoor store tracker to see if any stores have this without driving around aimlessly?

I'd even get one at $50, because I need printer / copier / scanner.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone have the DPCI # for this, so I can use that online Target backdoor store tracker to see if any stores have this without driving around aimlessly?[/quote]

080 03 0762
Good luck.

Yeah, I was pretty damned pissed because I came across like 10 Mario 64 DS games and they were still $29.99. I never find anything at Target either.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone have the DPCI # for this, so I can use that online Target backdoor store tracker to see if any stores have this without driving around aimlessly?

I'd even get one at $50, because I need printer / copier / scanner.[/quote]

I wouldn't pay $50 for one of those combo printers...they are easy to find for free after rebate at all the after Thanksgiving sales and periodically thoughout the year for $0-20 after rebate from a lot of the office supply chains. I've actually got 2 or 3 of these still sealed in the box in my basement waiting for the two we are using now to break or to be used as gifts. If they weren't so expensive to ship, I'd pop them on Ebay or something.

[quote name='Rictor']I wouldn't pay $50 for one of those combo printers...they are easy to find for free after rebate at all the after Thanksgiving sales and periodically thoughout the year for $0-20 after rebate from a lot of the office supply chains. I've actually got 2 or 3 of these still sealed in the box in my basement waiting for the two we are using now to break or to be used as gifts. If they weren't so expensive to ship, I'd pop them on Ebay or something.[/quote]
Agreed - They turn up dirt cheap all the time because HP makes all the money on the ink carts. I have one of these and I would actually probably recommend against it if you plan to do any amount of printing. There are no generic carts and I haven't had great luck with refill kits.

[quote name='Rictor']I wouldn't pay $50 for one of those combo printers...they are easy to find for free after rebate at all the after Thanksgiving sales and periodically thoughout the year for $0-20 after rebate from a lot of the office supply chains. I've actually got 2 or 3 of these still sealed in the box in my basement waiting for the two we are using now to break or to be used as gifts. If they weren't so expensive to ship, I'd pop them on Ebay or something.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I would wait but I need a printer within the next two weeks or so, so my options are limited (plus I hate rebates).

Only one Target around here has these at "Limited Availability", the only problem being I don't know if it will come up as $24 or $49, and I'm not sure if I want to waste the gas to check.

Where are these bad boy's located? In the usual clearance endcap or somewhere different?

Ha, it's too bad I can't get the price online too, that would make Target clearance a breeze :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Hm... I would wait but I need a printer within the next two weeks or so, so my options are limited (plus I hate rebates).

Only one Target around here has these at "Limited Availability", the only problem being I don't know if it will come up as $24 or $49, and I'm not sure if I want to waste the gas to check.

Where are these bad boy's located? In the usual clearance endcap or somewhere different?

Ha, it's too bad I can't get the price online too, that would make Target clearance a breeze :lol:[/QUOTE]
In my stores, there are typically two clearance areas I need to check out: PC games go on endcaps by the books and DVDs, and console games tend to be on Electronics endcaps. Typically, I see printers with the Electronics clearance if they're on sale.

[quote name='Rictor']I wouldn't pay $50 for one of those combo printers...they are easy to find for free after rebate at all the after Thanksgiving sales and periodically thoughout the year for $0-20 after rebate from a lot of the office supply chains. I've actually got 2 or 3 of these still sealed in the box in my basement waiting for the two we are using now to break or to be used as gifts. If they weren't so expensive to ship, I'd pop them on Ebay or something.[/quote]

I'm considering one mainly for scanning. How's the quality of the scanner?

Anyone heard anything about this yet? Posted on Kotaku...
A Target tipster sends word that the chain sent out word today that all GameBoy Advance stock is being listed as discontinued and that all backstock in storage rooms is to be sent to the floor and sold. The final goal is to have the stores GBA-free within the month and fill the space the Nintendo handheld was taking up on shelves with DS.
The real question now is how long before Nintendo stops manufacturing and shipping the handheld.
Wondering if there'll be any good clearance prices...

[quote name='eugaet']Anyone heard anything about this yet? Posted on Kotaku...

Wondering if there'll be any good clearance prices...[/QUOTE]
We've actually got a Target employee confirming it elsewhere on the site.

We can only hope for clearance. And I can only hope I'll have money then. :pray:

[quote name='Serik']Metacritic says yes
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/gothic3?q=gothic 3[/QUOTE]

Plenty of good sites and mags gave it 75 and higher, and the problem is in every review I read that the game was full of bugs upon release - bugs that may have in fact been patched by now are a non factor.

I say up and see if the bugs are gone and the glaring problems in the reviews are fixed, and make a decision then.

It's extremely hard to accurately judge a PC game where reviewers only reviewed the first iteration, and not the game with a few patches put on it.

I have to admit this is the first time in a year or two that I havent gone into my Targets looking for clearance items for a couple months. I know the games arent clearanced and that is my main interest from them. Maybe they will start the ball rolling on console game clearances soon. Its been awhile.

Reibeatall, apparently the US version has never received a patch for the game, ever, so it is the same buggy mess that it launched at - it's not even worth $9.98, hell, not even $4.98.

Not exactly a clearance, but for those who missed out there is a second opportunity for a good deal on some 360 games that were previously clearanced at some Targets.

I saw Chromehounds at Target for $15 on a permanent price cut. I did not see the game on their website at all, but I did see the following on the website:

Full Auto $15
Condemned $15

Both games looked to be on a permanent price cut and were listed as in store also.

Also saw that NBA2k7 which was reported as $20 on a temporary price cut at stores only was listed as $20 permanent price cut online and in store.

In case the Chromehounds is YMMV, I saw this one at the Buckhead store in Atlanta.

[quote name='Roufuss']Reibeatall, apparently the US version has never received a patch for the game, ever, so it is the same buggy mess that it launched at - it's not even worth $9.98, hell, not even $4.98.[/quote]

Thanks for looking into that for me. Looks like I'll return it.

[quote name='reibeatall']Thanks for looking into that for me. Looks like I'll return it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I take it back, it saw ONE page in December 2006, and nothing since, so they've abandoned the game it looks like, which is a real shame as every review said it could be decent if they fixed the damn bugs.

So yea, take it back, definitely.

Nice, found a new way to do Target clearance without even going to the store -

I just called the Target that had the printer in stock (found out through the website inventory), got connected to the customer service desk, asked them if I had the DPCI could I check on a price, and sure enough they did - found out the printer was $49.98 without leaving the store, and most people in customer service are women who don't give a shit about games and electronics so I don't have to worry about them stealing anything.

[quote name='Roufuss']Nice, found a new way to do Target clearance without even going to the store -

I just called the Target that had the printer in stock (found out through the website inventory), got connected to the customer service desk, asked them if I had the DPCI could I check on a price, and sure enough they did - found out the printer was $49.98 without leaving the store, and most people in customer service are women who don't give a shit about games and electronics so I don't have to worry about them stealing anything.[/quote]

Your naivete is astounding. Women use printers, play video games, etc. They also have SONS and HUSBANDS and BOYFRIENDS and GRANDKIDS who really like that stuff.

Rule #1 is not to call the store.....

Yeah my girlfriend works at sears and scores me all the clearanced out games, people that call in just tip her off to let her know there is another drop (she works in customer service)

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Your naivete is astounding. Women use printers, play video games, etc. They also have SONS and HUSBANDS and BOYFRIENDS and GRANDKIDS who really like that stuff.

Rule #1 is not to call the store.....[/QUOTE]

Well, hotshot, you can pay me the gas to drive 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back just to check the price of something ;)

Women use printers and play video games but I highly doubt they will leave the customer service desk on their shift to go scour the clearance racks for this stuff. It's not like I care all that much about the printer anyways, so I'm glad I called, saved myself 40 minutes worth of driving and gas, as well as the time it would have taken to find the item to begin with.

I guess I'm not enough of a CAG to waste gas, money, and time on Target clearance anymore. Maybe when gas isn't over $3 a gallon I'll feel like wasting it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Yeah my girlfriend works at sears and scores me all the clearanced out games, people that call in just tip her off to let her know there is another drop (she works in customer service)[/quote]

Wow that is the hook-up lol you need to marry her...

In a more productive post, I want to think the guy who posted this on here:

http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

If you know what Target is clearancing, you can grab the Amazon ASIN, and it will tell you which stores have which games, which is a HUGE help so you don't drive around aimlessly looking for clearance shit that might not even be there in the first place.

It doesn't tell you the price, but at least you know which stores to avoid when you are looking for a certain game.

[quote name='Roufuss']Plenty of good sites and mags gave it 75 and higher, and the problem is in every review I read that the game was full of bugs upon release - bugs that may have in fact been patched by now are a non factor.

I say up and see if the bugs are gone and the glaring problems in the reviews are fixed, and make a decision then.

It's extremely hard to accurately judge a PC game where reviewers only reviewed the first iteration, and not the game with a few patches put on it.[/quote]

Not to get crazy off-topic, but there's the whole argument about vg companies charging people full price to beta test their software... Personally, I loved both Gothic 1 and 2, but I've stayed away from the third like the plague.

on-topic: thanks for that ASIN/Target-inventory link, dude.

There needs to be a new Target thread cause this one is full of old news... maybe next time when there is like a major price drop or clearance that can happen :)

is Condemned really that good? I tried the demo and it's not that great... but then the real game can be better?!?
Thanks

[quote name='ogbaka']There needs to be a new Target thread cause this one is full of old news... maybe next time when there is like a major price drop or clearance that can happen :)[/quote]
Someone can go ahead and make a new one, as long as they copy the information from the OP, as well as keep the OP updated.

This one was a knee-jerk reaction to the previous one being on the big side, so I'd prefer someone trying to keep things up to date, if they start a new thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone can go ahead and make a new one, as long as they copy the information from the OP, as well as keep the OP updated.

This one was a knee-jerk reaction to the previous one being on the big side, so I'd prefer someone trying to keep things up to date, if they start a new thread.[/QUOTE]

I nominate you!

I don't think we'll find anyone who will always be on here to keep the OP updated - Target prices are so YMMV that having them all in the main thread would just cause confusion.

But yea, definitely need a new one, especially if the rumored GBA clearance starts, it would be good to start on a new page.

I'll do it. I'm always reading this thread. I don't go shopping at Target for clearance nearly as much as I used to (I think Roufuss hit it on the head about the gas issue)
I'll start a new thread as soon as we get more concrete info about the GBA clearance (or unless someone beats me to it, feel free)

I'm a Target junkie and check this thread daily, so the length doesn't really matter to me since I always start reading from the newest post back.

I agree that prices are YMMV but the actual clearance of items usually isn't. The Wii games a while back was a strange exception to this but if you went to enough Targets you could usually find the deals.

[quote name='daminion']
I agree that prices are YMMV but the actual clearance of items usually isn't. The Wii games a while back was a strange exception to this but if you went to enough Targets you could usually find the deals.[/QUOTE]

The actual clerance of items is YMMV on some things... I, and a few other people, never found Dawn of War: Dark Crusade clearanced, even when people were finding it for $7.48.

About half the PC games people reported as clearance were full price at every store here.

[quote name='ogbaka']
is Condemned really that good? I tried the demo and it's not that great... but then the real game can be better?!?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you have 5.1 surround. It is my favorite single player experience on the 360.

Exton, PA Checking in.

Today I picked up GRAW for the PC and Diablo II expansion for the PC...Both 4.98.

They also had GRAW for the 360 for $19.99. 4.98 > 19.98, IMO.

They had Gothic 3 clearanced too...but I forget the price. Damn it...Why did pay full price for that!!!

Just picked up Europa Universalles 3: Collectors Edition for $7.48. I couldn't believe it, the normal edition was $19.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back