Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='ahmedmalik']endcap?[/QUOTE]

the place at the end of the aisles where they sell merchandise. Usually clearance games are found on ones near the DVD and CD section or near the cheap game section near the toys (at least this is the way the majority of stores I have been to have been). If it is a supertarget it could be near the PC products

Went to Super Target on Germantown Parkway--

LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 and Xbox- 13.98
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent PS2- 13.98
ESPN NFL 2K5 PS2 - 13.98
Starsky and Hutch GC- 6.98

[quote name='grantme']Hey GarretJD where's the PSX section at Target I didn't see it? Is it in the display case? Central Target, are you talking about the one by Oak Court Mall? Did they have any Square RPGS?

I live in Memphis as if you can't tell. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's the correct Target (by Oak Court). The PSX games are on the endcap near the electronics section. If you go to the far corner of the store by electronics and look on the ends of the shelves ( by where the computer stuff is) you should find it.

As for game selection, I didn't see much that was great. Mostly about a billion copies of Gran Turismo 2. I didn't see any Square RPGs.

(Looks like I've got another CAGer to compete with here... I know there are a few others :) )

Spotted at the Dublin, OH store, all $9.98 each:

Def Jam Fight For NY
ESPN College Hoops 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Neo Contra

Went to a couple Targets in the Chicago sub-urbs, and saw at least 4 copies of Freedom:Third Reich for 9.9x. Good for those who missed the CC deal.

I was at Waukesha WI Target and I saw the following stuff for $10

Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich
Ghost in the Shell PS2
Neo Contra
Kingdom Hearts (GH)
NARC
Vietcong
Inuyasha
MegaMan X8
Def Jam FFNY

There were probably a few others I'm not thinking of but there wasn't anything that really interested me, but some people might be interested in these (namely Kingdom Hearts, which is a great deal for 10 bucks)

Saugus, MA Target:

Bought:
Neo Contra $10

Saw:
Atari Flashback $14

Picked up the last Neo Contra, but passed on the Atari Flashback. There are plenty there though!

Does anyone if Target will give me cash back if the price lowers?

Got Neo Contra for 14.98, if it drops to 9.98 can I get my five bucks back?

Roufuss,

I used to work at Target. They won't give you the difference in price if it's a clearance item that goes cheaper...BUT what you can do is repurchase the item and then return it with the old (read MORE EXPENSIVE) receipt.

Is Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich worth a $10 purchase, almost picked this up the other day but passed because i knew nothing about the game.

[quote name='Prepster']Is Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich worth a $10 purchase, almost picked this up the other day but passed because i knew nothing about the game.[/QUOTE]

I think so. The first game was short, but a lot of fun, not really that difficult for the most part. Worth $10, but not much more. In addition, while I haven't opened it up yet, this one makes mention of story-based multiplayer, which could certainly be interesting and add some replay value to it (which the first game was somewhat lacking).

Two Notch / Columbia, SC store

Happened to see:

Madden 05 - Xbox - 14.98
ESPN NFL 2k5 - Xbox - 9.98
ESPN NBA 2k5 - Xbox (might have been PS2) - 9.98
Starsky and Hutch - GC - 6.98
Rainbow 6 (not sure on exact title/ prob #3) - XBox - 9.98
Prince of Persia - Xbox - 9.98

and a couple others

[quote name='Dogpatch']
Rainbow 6 (not sure on exact title) - XBox - 9.98
[/QUOTE]

Black Arrow maybe? Anyone know?

valdosta ga
prince of persia sands of time (ps2, Gh) 9.98
nfl 2k5 (xbox) 9.98
ghost in the shell (ps2) 9.98
espn college hoops 2k5 (ps2) 9.98
atari anthology (ps2) 9.98
freedom force vs. 3rd reich (pc) 9.98

and Neo contra (ps2) 9.98 which i bought.

Might have missed it if this was posted already, but does anyone know how often or what days that Target lowers the prices on their clearance items? Or is it completely random?

[quote name='botticus']Most likely Rainbow Six 3, thats what I've seen around here.[/QUOTE]

Thxs guys!

I just did not pay very close attention to it when I was thumbing through.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Might have missed it if this was posted already, but does anyone know how often or what days that Target lowers the prices on their clearance items? Or is it completely random?[/QUOTE]

Electronics is on Mondays.

Sanford, FL
The Supertarget near Seminole Mall has just about every game that has been mentioned here over the last 2 weeks on clearance. Splinter Cell CT, Narc, Freedom Force, all the GH titles, etc, are all at the lowest prices listed here. There were literally too many to list - if it's on the last 5 pages of this thread, chances are this store has it. And strangely enough, they're not hidden away on an endcap - they have their own row, next to the glass games display.

This is the best clearance Target I've seen yet in the Southeastern US - they have so much overstock that I guess they're being forced to make the effort to get rid of it. Orlando-area targets are generally pretty bad, but this one kicks ass.

[quote name='mgreig']Sanford, FL
The Supertarget near Seminole Mall has just about every game that has been mentioned here over the last 2 weeks on clearance. Splinter Cell CT, Narc, Freedom Force, all the GH titles, etc, are all at the lowest prices listed here. There were literally too many to list - if it's on the last 5 pages of this thread, chances are this store has it. And strangely enough, they're not hidden away on an endcap - they have their own row, next to the glass games display.

This is the best clearance Target I've seen yet in the Southeastern US - they have so much overstock that I guess they're being forced to make the effort to get rid of it. Orlando-area targets are generally pretty bad, but this one kicks ass.[/QUOTE]

Isn't your location Deltona? Because Seminole Mall, if I'm thinking of the right one, is really close to Saint Petersburg, and I'll definately make the drive over.

Haha, looking at the store locator, there are like 8 different Seminole's in FL, kind of weird.

Just picked up Kingdom Hearts for 9.98.

Others:

Godzilla: Save the Earth - PS2 - 9.98
Bond: Everything or Nothing - Xbox - 9.98

Two Notch / Columbia, SC

Anyone know any good Targets in the NYC area? At the White Plains, NY Target I got.

Final Fantasy:Origins $10 last copy
LOTR: The Two Towers non-GH (XBox) $15 last copy

The Target in Mt Vernon, NY
Chronicles of Riddick $20 last copy

Good hunting

[quote name='Roufuss']Isn't your location Deltona? Because Seminole Mall, if I'm thinking of the right one, is really close to Saint Petersburg, and I'll definately make the drive over.

Haha, looking at the store locator, there are like 8 different Seminole's in FL, kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

This is the Seminole Mall in Sanford, just north of Orlando. A bit of a drive for you Roufuss if you're coming all the way from St Petes...but it's worth the drive if you're looking for some of these games ;-)

[quote name='mgreig']This is the Seminole Mall in Sanford, just north of Orlando. A bit of a drive for you Roufuss if you're coming all the way from St Petes...but it's worth the drive if you're looking for some of these games ;-)[/QUOTE]

Heh, well we have almost everything on the list down here, but it's still at 13.98...managed to score the last copy of Neo Contra in the city though :D

Do all Targets have these price scanners? I don't recall ever seeing any in my Target (SuperTarget). What do they look like?

I was there earlier today and tried to ask an employee, but he was mentally handicapped andI don't think he understood what I was asking. I didn't see any games actually marked lower than $20 :(

Just checked out my Target. They had the XBOX Advanced AV Pack (S-Video) for $7.98 I think it was. They also had TONS of NCAA/Madden 2005 for XBOX for $14.98

[quote name='depascal22']Anyone know any good Targets in the NYC area? At the White Plains, NY Target I got.

Final Fantasy:Origins $10 last copy
LOTR: The Two Towers non-GH (XBox) $15 last copy

The Target in Mt Vernon, NY
Chronicles of Riddick $20 last copy

Good hunting[/QUOTE]

Picked up used Chronicles of Riddick for about 10 bucks through EB using
CAG16-EB EDGE-SAVER (With a couple other XB games)
Tip Top Shape:D

[quote name='Backlash']Do all Targets have these price scanners? I don't recall ever seeing any in my Target (SuperTarget). What do they look like?

I was there earlier today and tried to ask an employee, but he was mentally handicapped andI don't think he understood what I was asking. I didn't see any games actually marked lower than $20 :([/QUOTE]

Every Target I've been in has the scanners. Usually located at the endcaps in various areas of the store, they are red boxes where the laser underneath reads the UPC. Try walking up and down the sides of the store looking for one.

[quote name='MadEdSkillz']Picked up used Chronicles of Riddick for about 10 bucks through EB using
CAG16-EB EDGE-SAVER (With a couple other XB games)
Tip Top Shape:D[/QUOTE]

I got my new for $10 CC. ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Got mine last November for $10. :D[/QUOTE]

All of my local EB stores were sold out when I tried to pick up Riddick last year, so I had to settle for CC this year, unfortunately. :cry:

Does anybody have the UPC (the picture, not the number) for Donkey Konga 2 handy? None of the barcode servers will work for me at the moment.

Finally my local Target decided to drop the price of Castlevania on the GBA to 4.98. I picked up the last two copies (one for me and one for a cousin). Of course I am still waiting on them to drop the price of Kingdom Hearts to under 10 bucks.

I finally bit on the Freedom Fighters Vs. The 3rd Reich PC game for $9.98 at one of my local Targets since I was able to get the preorder item for the game (an exclusive downloadable character) for free at an EB recently. I also had another pretty good find at that Target. They had the Widescreen Special Edition DVD of S.W.A.T. for $3.76. It didn't have the usual little orange Target clearance price tag on it though. It had this big orange and white tag with a long barcode on it and "Was $14.99 Now $3.76" printed on it.

If it had that long sticker, that means it was an "As-is" item, which means that was damaged or opened in some way to make it irregular. This also means you won't be seeing it stocked on clearance endcaps. I've never seen a DVD like that (in 3 years....ever) so I think someone totally goofed up there. Oh well, your gain

[quote name='Liontamer']I finally bit on the Freedom Fighters Vs. The 3rd Reich PC game for $9.98 at one of my local Targets since I was able to get the preorder item for the game (an exclusive downloadable character) for free at an EB recently. I also had another pretty good find at that Target. They had the Widescreen Special Edition DVD of S.W.A.T. for $3.76. It didn't have the usual little orange Target clearance price tag on it though. It had this big orange and white tag with a long barcode on it and "Was $14.99 Now $3.76" printed on it.[/QUOTE]That's a repackaged item and something they shouldn't have done.

[quote name='letsgetacid']If it had that long sticker, that means it was an "As-is" item, which means that was damaged or opened in some way to make it irregular. This also means you won't be seeing it stocked on clearance endcaps. I've never seen a DVD like that (in 3 years....ever) so I think someone totally goofed up there. Oh well, your gain[/QUOTE]
I figured that that might be the case, but this DVD was unopened, and looked undamaged. The only thing I could remotely find "damaged" about it was that one corner of the case had a tiny scrape in the plastic. Other than that, it was pristine. So I guess I just lucked up on somebody's error.

Central NJ -

GBA:

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams $7.48
Spyro: Season of Ice $7.48
Midnight Club: Street Racing $7.48
MegaMan Zero 3: $9.98
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer: $7.48
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder: $7.48
Legends of Wrestling II: $6.98
Fire Emblem: $25.48
Power Rangers: Ninja Storm $12.74
Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem: $12.74

There were a bunch more which I can't remember - Duel Masters ____, Digimon Racing (?), Banjo Pilot (?) all of which were either $12.74 or $16.98

GC:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: $9.98
Namco Museum (Vol. 1): $9.98
Sonic Heroes: $9.98
Scaler: $9.98

PS2:

LOTR: The Third Age $9.98

Didn't see anything new for XBox (or at least I dont remember anything new besides Madden 05, PoP: Sands of Time which were still $13.98).

The West Madison, WI Target has Gamecube modem adapters for $17.98.

They also have the Platinum Hits version of The Simpsons: Road Rage for $4.98

I picked up the Broadband adapter for the Gamecube they had for $17.98 that I would be happy to sell to someone if they want it. PM me if you're interested. I'm not looking to make money, so I'll sell it for that price plus tax and shipping charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back