Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Saw Get on Da Mic (with Mic) for $14.98 at my Target...a few others were Mega man X Command for PS2 for $9.98...few other crappy games.

[quote name='evo t rex']GC Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (PH) - $4.98
[/QUOTE]

Anyone else see this game at that price? I'd be more than willing to arrange a trade, or pay for someone to pick that game up for me at that price. The Target I work at had it for $10 about a month ago, only one copy though, and by the time I got off work, went to class, and came back to pick it up... it was gone of course. Most unfortunate indeed.

Woo, just scored at the local Target:

PC World of Warcraft: Collector's Edition $40

Not bad considering it was marked down from 80, it was the last one there.

Does anyone know if Ice Climbers (classics series) has been clearanced by Target? I've seen it at a Target about 20 minutes away, but I forgot to scan it.

[quote name='topplehat']Woo, just scored at the local Target:

PC World of Warcraft: Collector's Edition $40

Not bad considering it was marked down from 80, it was the last one there.[/QUOTE]

That's worth a Bragging Rights topic.

Saw these on clearance:

Xbox Outlaw Golf 2 , $13.98
Xbox Rapala fishing, $13.98
GC Enter the Matrix (player's choice) $13.98
PS2 Duel Masters, $6.98
PS2 Power Rangers, $13.98.

Weak-ass stuff, but its always encouraging to see clearance games anyway!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder why PC World of Warcraft: Collector's Edition is too expensive ??[/QUOTE]

because there is high demand, and there were not all that many made. Like a week or two after they came out they were hard to find.

Somewhat similar to the UT2K4 collectors edition

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know if Ice Climbers (classics series) has been clearanced by Target? I've seen it at a Target about 20 minutes away, but I forgot to scan it.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

The search didn't turn much up.

in NJ -

Sony PS2 Vertical Stand - $2.50
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PC) $5
Rapala's Fishing (Xbox) $10
Outlaw Golf (Xbox) $10
A whole bunch of GBA Videos $5
Mad Catz Xbox, PS2, GBA Starter Kits $7.50

Got a World of Warcraft Collectors Edition for 55.98 at Stow, OH Target. They also had everquest II for 14.98, and Get on the Mics for 4.98

Dave

Went to 2 stores today and this is what I found:
Eagle Rock,ca : $9.98 each
ski resort tycoon
mvp baseball 2004
cold case files
Atari 80 classic games
Pharoah $2.48
Disney 3 in 1 fun pack $6.98

alhambra,ca: $9.98 each
tmnt 2 battle nexus (pc)
zoo empire
backyard baseball 2004
Tetris 5 in 1 by radica (plug n play)12.38
Mad catz PS1 controller and memory card (red or blue) 3.98
Mad catz ultralink SP cable 3.98

Grabbed the last copy of the WoW Collector's Edition for $39.99 at the Boise, ID Target on the Clearance rack. So this deal isn't totally isolated. They had several Wow Regular Editions left, still at $50 if I remember right.
The other Targets in the Treasure Valley did not have any left in stock, but this could indeed be your chance to score at another store.......pardon the rhyme.

People are finding WoW CE at Target clearance, but I have them all beat. One of my Targets still has a severely beat up (box is all ripped up) big box copy of Warcraft 3, regular edition. Last time I checked it was on clearance for ~$25.

In Racine, saw:

View J 2 PS2 for $9.98
Hitman Contracts Xbox $13.98

Picked up World of War CE for $40 . . . probably ebay it :whistle2:0

Also, YMMV but they had a substitution for Texas Holdout . . . Atari Flashback for $13.38 . . . I got one since they have 90 days for return and I bet they will go on clearance before then . . . buy one cheaper and return it on this receipt . . . DOH!

Picked up at the Farmington, MI Target on Grand River:

Kingdom Under Fire (Xbox) - $9.98
Metroid - classic (GBA) - $9.98
Link II - classic (GBA) - $9.98

[quote name='guessed']People are finding WoW CE at Target clearance, but I have them all beat. One of my Targets still has a severely beat up (box is all ripped up) big box copy of Warcraft 3, regular edition. Last time I checked it was on clearance for ~$25.[/QUOTE]

I happened to go back to that target last night and I scanned it. The original barcode came up $29.99, the As-is product return barcode came up not-in-system. I didn't feel like wasting an employees time pricechecking further, since there was no chance that I'd buy it.

Saw these @ the Little Rock, AR Target

Duel Masters PS2 6.98
Onimusha 3 PS2 10.98 - few copies
World of Warcraft Collector's Edition PC 39.98 - one copy, box kind of beat up though

I didn't see anything on clearance at all at the North Little Rock Target.

I called around to 3 other local stores . . . none have WOW CE . . . although at one I swear that the clerk may have been keeping it for himself, he sounded suspicious . . . lol.

At my local Target I picked up

World Of Warcraft: Collector's Edition 40.00
Pharoah 2.48 (PC)
Max Payne 2.48 (PC)
Sim City 3 2.48 (PC)
Viewtiful Joe 13.00 (PS2)

I'm glad I check this thread, I found a WOW CE at Long Beach Target on Atlantic and most likely would've passed it over waiting for the price to drop. But I read this thread and now own a very nice copy of WOW CE.

[quote name='guessed']People are finding WoW CE at Target clearance, but I have them all beat. One of my Targets still has a severely beat up (box is all ripped up) big box copy of Warcraft 3, regular edition. Last time I checked it was on clearance for ~$25.[/QUOTE]

Why is the big box copy so interesting? Is there something different from the little box version? I was just wondering.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Why is the big box copy so interesting? Is there something different from the little box version? I was just wondering.[/QUOTE]

It is, in fact, not at all interesting. It is an anti-deal. The box is all beat to hell, and, no offense to the great game that Warcraft III is/was, it should have been off the shelves a long, long time ago.

Target by Yorktown Mall, IL

Silent Hill 4: The Room -xbox- 13.98
Manhunt: -xbox- 13.98
simposons hit and run -pc- 13.98

not really special

[quote name='ne2eire']Last night saw Soldier of Fortune platinum edition clearance for $7.99 from $9.99

lol[/QUOTE]

Huh?!:???: Is that the first one? That should of been clearanced a long time ago for a few bucks.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Huh?!:???: Is that the first one? That should of been clearanced a long time ago for a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't visited Target in months, last time I was there was April maybe.

Target in Daly City, CA had EA Sports Pack (2003 versions of their sports line) for $9.98. Also, Battlefield Vietnam for the same price. They had a ton of Harry Potter Quidditch Cup and Freakstyle for $7.98 (PS2 versions). They also had the GBA Ice Climber and one copy of the Legend of Zelda. Didn't check prices though. PS2 vertical stand for $6.98 as well along with some other assorted odds and ends.

GBA NES Classics (minus Castlevania having been on clearance) are now all down to 9.99$ each. I kinda wanted to wait for 4.98$ (or even 2.48$) for these, but I bit the bullet on Excitebike and IC. Those are two I know I'll regret not getting since I have only seen them (1 copy) at only one Target in my area. There wasn't anything else of significant at the Norcross Target (HP Quidditch Cup was 9.98$ on clearance) and hasn't been for a while. :\

[quote name='jlkeeton']GBA NES Classics (minus Castlevania having been on clearance) are now all down to 9.99$ each. I kinda wanted to wait for 4.98$ (or even 2.48$) for these, but I bit the bullet on Excitebike and IC. Those are two I know I'll regret not getting since I have only seen them (1 copy) at only one Target in my area. There wasn't anything else of significant at the Norcross Target (HP Quidditch Cup was 9.98$ on clearance) and hasn't been for a while. :\[/QUOTE]

I think the GBA NES Classics are $9.99 each everywhere now.

The Coral Ridge Mall Target has Battlefield Vietnam for $13.XX, so I decided to pick it up. They also had the Directors Cut DVD edition of the PC Medal of Honor game set in the Pacific (Pacific Assault?) for $20, but I passed on it.

Found an E-Card reader for the gameboy advance in Clarksville, Tn. When scanned came up "Item is not found". Had my wife purchase it and the cashier gave it to her for 2.48. My wife said our store is doing sort of a spring cleaning, trying to get inventory cleaned out of the stock in back.

happy gaming

World of Warcraft: Colletors edition $55.89 at the oxford valley, PA target.

didn't see any others, just the one copy.

Sid Meier's Pirates $12.50 Most stores do not have it clearance priced yet. Check the scanner, if it says cannot find price on clearance items, it's a go

[quote name='Advocatus']Sid Meier's Pirates $12.50 Most stores do not have it clearance priced yet. Check the scanner, if it says cannot find price on clearance items, it's a go[/QUOTE]

Is that for PC, or one of the consoles?

Thanks for the tip. I'm a huge fan of the old Pirates Gold. I'll check my local Targets and see what is around.

I've seen GBA (original) MadCatz accessory packs for $7.50 at several Targets. They come with a crappy magifying lens light, a decent flip light, game cases, link cable, car adapter and a rechargeable battery grip. Only half of the stuff is useful, but it's not a bad pickup if you got one of the $30 Walmart GBAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back