Target Clearance Thread XXII

Anyone looking for bayonetta in Illinois the Broadview location has 20 of them. Was able to price match GameStop there as well

Bayonetta 2 is discountinue OOP item. Most bestbuy is oos, few target & gamestop around me is sold out. Soon it will be digital copy only. Unless gs reprint & sale as used above msrp :)
I tried at my local target, but the lady said they didn't pricematch gamestop and they wouldn't accept printouts of a website. I unfortunately don't have a smartphone so I couldn't show them the website.

I tried at my local target, but the lady said they didn't pricematch gamestop and they wouldn't accept printouts of a website. I unfortunately don't have a smartphone so I couldn't show them the website.
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

Years had passed since my last Target clearance find. I had all but given up on prowling the back aisle in the electronics section, its disheveled shelves barren of anything apart from an endless stream of old Rock Band expansions for $20.98.

But then, today, wandering through again as if to recall better cheapass times, something caught my eye. I took it to a price scanner, and to my amazement, the screen confirmed that in my hands I held:

:ps4: The Crew $5.98

Target clearance had smiled upon me once again.

Years had passed since my last Target clearance find. I had all but given up on prowling the back aisle in the electronics section, its disheveled shelves barren of anything apart from an endless stream of old Rock Band expansions for $20.98.

But then, today, wandering through again as if to recall better cheapass times, something caught my eye. I took it to a price scanner, and to my amazement, the screen confirmed that in my hands I held:

:ps4: The Crew $5.98

Target clearance had smiled upon me once again.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330363-target-clearance-thread-xxii/?p=13072132

I first reported this a month ago. Welcome to the club... I mean Crew.

They lady should read they new policy again. 95% target store near me price match almost everything is local. They should have cheapass tablet at customer service for price match. Very slow & they never look at your phone. Some of they employees is really dump & smartass. Base on facts! They only scann the bar code & never search the item by words. If the bar never pop up the item in they system. They always tell you the item did not match. They bar code scan system is really suck. Be aware.

I hate the whole barcode BS. If an item is no longer on Target's website it is not on Target's internal system too dispute being in stock in store. That means when they scan it they will get an error. They will than search it by the UPC which will show the same error. If you're lucky, than they'll search it on the store you're trying to PM website by name. 

I had to tell multiple employees that it can't be scanned b/c it's not in Target's system anymore. They proceeded to waste 15 minutes doing the above process until they went on the website to PM. I know I'm just a customer but still.

I hate the whole barcode BS. If an item is no longer on Target's website it is not on Target's internal system too dispute being in stock in store. That means when they scan it they will get an error. They will than search it by the UPC which will show the same error. If you're lucky, than they'll search it on the store you're trying to PM website by name.

I had to tell multiple employees that it can't be scanned b/c it's not in Target's system anymore. They proceeded to waste 15 minutes doing the above process until they went on the website to PM. I know I'm just a customer but still.
Gonna be doing this tomorrow, any tips or is it all luck using the App to get a price match done? I feel like when they see my phone it won't show as OOS but when they check their ipad it'll show OOS. Can I argue anything to get them to match it just based on the app? Or I guess I'm just overthinking and it's gonna be YMMV like usual.

Gonna be doing this tomorrow, any tips or is it all luck using the App to get a price match done? I feel like when they see my phone it won't show as OOS but when they check their ipad it'll show OOS. Can I argue anything to get them to match it just based on the app? Or I guess I'm just overthinking and it's gonna be YMMV like usual.
Just YMMV. It doesn't actually show OOS, just not available. Which is more YMMV on if they'll match that.

I almost lucked out incredibly yesterday,  I came across a bigass cardboard display full of not great clearanced games. However, some employee put a much smaller display of alll these Wii U games on top of the display, literally right next to a big sign saying "Clearanace - 50% off or more on original prices - price reduction at register." So I snag 1 copy of each of Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, and Mario Party 10 and head to the customer service desk, and have her ring those up.

Boom, full price ($59.99), and I don't put up much of a fight. By the time all this happened, I start getting texts from the woman waiting for me to come to the car so she can get on with her errands, so I don't go as hard as I wanted to against customer service. This is obviously a really stupid place to put non clearance games, and armed with the pic, I know  it would have eventually gone my way. And getting those 3 for $90 would have been sweet. Then again, getting 3 games for $62 during their B2G1 free sale is better so oh well.

[attachment=19352:20151230_101328.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost lucked out incredibly yesterday from some moron employees bad decision making skills... and if I didn't have an increasingly angry woman waiting for me to get back to the car, I would have absolutely got "clearanced" 50% off copies of Super Smash Bros Wii U, Splatoon Wii U, and Maio Party 10.

My local Target has the biggest sections of clearanced games I've ever seen there, but not a ton of good deals (saw a 2ds for $70+, for instance.) So I'm circling like a vulture looking for my already dead kill, and I come across a bigass cardboard display in front of a pillar that's seperating games from differnet consoles. Of course, nothing was spectacular in the cardboard display, but some idiot employee put a much smaller display that was used during Black Friday right on top of the huge CLEARNACE cardboard thing. So, all these Wii U games are literally right next to a big sign saying "Clearanace - 50% off or more on original prices - price reduction at register." So I snag 1 copy of each of the aforementioned games, head to the customer service desk, and have her ring those up as I'm picking up an unrelated order.

Rings up full price ($59.99), I don't put up much of a fight because you know, I figured that's how this was gonna go. But I say to her "you should call the dept up and tell them to move that shelf of Nintendo games. By the time all this happened, I start getting texts from the woman, so I don't go as hard as I wanted to against customer srevice. Since I took the pic, I know with enough patience and effort o nmy end it wouldhave eventually gone my way, and getting those 3 for $45 might have been close to a deal of the year.
Your story is terrible...kind of like women "flirting" with Wombat in line at Starbucks.

Yeah, that was a terrible story.  But then you went ahead and totally redeemed yourself by adding that pic.  I like pictures. 

Especially pictures of large displays of well-organized 50% off clearance video games, save me so much money, ugggghhh brb I gotta run.

My Target was awesome about getting the PM on Bayo2. They didn't even wanna deal with the iPad (thank you based Apple) and just took it off my phone for $38.97. Total was $41.xx

I wish that my Target was that well organized. They don't even have employees for the entertainment section. If you want a game from inside the prison where they keep most of them, you are out of luck.

It was closer to January if I remember correctly. I bought a 500 gb Call of Duty 360 bundle that included a Ghosts disc and Black Ops II download card which was pretty sweet. I transferred my Gamertag over to it from a 4 gb with a 320 gb hard drive in it and didn't look back. The coolest part about it was that the employees seemed to be pretty clueless about it until items were taken to the register. But I think I paid $120 for the console. I can't find the receipt now but I remember the cashier putting the other 360 bundle aside for her son after she rang me up.
I remember finding the last one at my local store and when I asked to buy it the employee tried telling me to get an X1 instead until he saw the price at the register lol.

Anyone have any info on closing store clearance?  I pass by a store that is scheduled to close and would like to know what to expect.  The doors are only open until January 30th and no storewide clearance as of today.

Anyone have any info on closing store clearance? I pass by a store that is scheduled to close and would like to know what to expect. The doors are only open until January 30th and no storewide clearance as of today.
Good question! I'm wondering about that as well. I'm guessing that maybe it starts on the 30th... I asked at my local one and they mentioned the 30th. But it doesn't hurt to double check to see if the one in your area is starting then or a week or two ahead of time.

A Target in this area closed a few years ago. The final sale was nothing impressive, unless you were looking for used store displays. I'm guessing most of the stock just gets shipped to another store, unless it's something that makes more sense to liquidate.

Just the thought of any Target closing down kinda saddens me. To think of living in an area in which Wal-mart is the only big-box multi-purpose retailer sends chills down my spine. 

Just the thought of any Target closing down kinda saddens me. To think of living in an area in which Wal-mart is the only big-box multi-purpose retailer sends chills down my spine.
It takes a special kind of desperation to turn to Wal-Mart for anything. I know some smaller cities have nothing but Wal-Mart, and not just as a multi-purpose store. Where my sister used to live, Wal-Mart was really all they had. The restaurant chain scene was Hardee's, McDonald's, SubWay, and Dairy Queen. I think that was it within 20 miles, and this was a college town. Their only pizza chain was Casey, the gas station (no Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's, etc.).

But really, I don't turn to Wal-Mart or Target for much. If Target's got a great gaming deal (like triple trade), sure. Otherwise, I need to get something specific, so I'm not going to a big, dumb mess like those. I can go to Best Buy or a grocery store, and most all of my needs will be taken care of.

Got Bayonetta 2 at Target in Socal. Store had 3 left. The cashier tried to PM but had to call a manager to override. They said they do PM Gamestop (it says right on their page in the PM policy) He pulled it up on GS to do so but realized it was OOS and then said he couldnt because it must be in stock. Bought it anyway and took it to 3 more Socal targets to PM over the next 2 days. Each of them looked up the GS price online and all 3 additional stores would not PM because it was OOS. Orange County, CA Targets stink.

Got Bayonetta 2 at Target in Socal. Store had 3 left. The cashier tried to PM but had to call a manager to override. They said they do PM Gamestop (it says right on their page in the PM policy) He pulled it up on GS to do so but realized it was OOS and then said he couldnt because it must be in stock. Bought it anyway and took it to 3 more Socal targets to PM over the next 2 days. Each of them looked up the GS price online and all 3 additional stores would not PM because it was OOS. Orange County, CA Targets stink.
Isn't it terrible when people do their jobs correctly?

What do you guys have to comment on professor Layton an the azran legacy? Buy dem shitz like el hordo?
Looks like it's climbed back over retail again and has been long out of print. If you want it for yourself buy it for sure, to resell it's still kind of marginal at MSRP.

You can do a store order for it "if" it's in your area at Gamestop. Most stores don't have it but worth a shot to ask.

It takes a special kind of desperation to turn to Wal-Mart for anything. I know some smaller cities have nothing but Wal-Mart, and not just as a multi-purpose store. Where my sister used to live, Wal-Mart was really all they had. The restaurant chain scene was Hardee's, McDonald's, SubWay, and Dairy Queen. I think that was it within 20 miles, and this was a college town. Their only pizza chain was Casey, the gas station (no Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's, etc.).

But really, I don't turn to Wal-Mart or Target for much. If Target's got a great gaming deal (like triple trade), sure. Otherwise, I need to get something specific, so I'm not going to a big, dumb mess like those. I can go to Best Buy or a grocery store, and most all of my needs will be taken care of.
I didn't know they had Casey's outside of IL. The Pizza isn't that decent at all from the Casey's I been to here tho. lol

bread's done
Back