Target Clearance Thread XXII

WWE 2K18 on Switch is not worth any more than $10 to me. The game plays so bad on Switch, I'd pay $10 or less though to have it though.

I checked Brickseek for those clearance games though and only Soldam was on sale for $19.99, which is more than I am willing to pay for that game. Everything else was full MSRP, really would love to get a cheap copy of The End is Nigh too!
The Target near my office that has :Switch: WWE 2K18 actually dropped the price down to 70% off ($17.98), and it’s the only one I see according to Brickseek that has it at that price. Still $8 too expensive for you, though...[emoji4]

Checked one of my Targets last night but the only remaining clearance Amiibo were Animal Crossing. Actually, they had a couple of Pauline's but they were still over $9 a pop. Most of the Animal Crossing ones were down around $5. 

There was a single copy of Technomancer for the PS4 for $10 which I snagged, and nothing else for PS4 at all. It was accompanied by 3 or 4 copies of Ass Creed Syndicate on XB1. 

Wow, I typed ‘pretentious assholes put way too much effort into arguing about the viability of the Switch’ into the search window, and it took me straight to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from target. Was able to get a few games on clearance but they wouldn’t sell me the white and orange 2DS for 75even though it was listed for that price on the target app. The supervisor tried to tell me that they never price match the app. Well after she told me that I went through the check out line and the two games that I was buying were almost 50% cheaper on the app. The cashier price matched it with no problem. Has anyone else had issues with primatching with their own app?

Just got back from target. Was able to get a few games on clearance but they wouldn’t sell me the white and orange 2DS for 75even though it was listed for that price on the target app. The supervisor tried to tell me that they never price match the app. Well after she told me that I went through the check out line and the two games that I was buying were almost 50% cheaper on the app. The cashier price matched it with no problem. Has anyone else had issues with primatching with their own app?
My store NEVER price matches their app and I usually have to beg to get them to even PM the website. I've been told the employees need to physically mark them down with the gun first, even if it's showing cheaper in the system. That only means it SHOULD be marked down, not that it IS. As for matching at the register, my store won't do that at all, they always send me over to CS for price matches.

So what that's supposed to mean I don't know. I take that as "ok, so you guys are behind and/or have lazy employees...and I suffer because of that...all when you know very well this is the price is should be?"

I think this has happened to me maybe four times now, and every time I just leave even if I was going to buy other stuff. I've left my cart right there and everything before. Screw them, that's some dumb ****

My store NEVER price matches their app and I usually have to beg to get them to even PM the website. I've been told the employees need to physically mark them down with the gun first, even if it's showing cheaper in the system. That only means it SHOULD be marked down, not that it IS. As for matching at the register, my store won't do that at all, they always send me over to CS for price matches.

So what that's supposed to mean I don't know. I take that as "ok, so you guys are behind and/or have lazy employees...and I suffer because of that...all when you know very well this is the price is should be?"

I think this has happened to me maybe four times now, and every time I just leave even if I was going to buy other stuff. I've left my cart right there and everything before. Screw them, that's some dumb ****
That’s pretty dumb...every Target I’ve ever been to has had no problem price matching what scans in either their app or on their website, as long as they can confirm it on their own scanning device. You can always show them their own PM policy:
[attachment=29781:IMG_DB92D9A8F6F3-1.jpeg]
There’s also a PDF of all the websites they PM:
[attachment=29782:IMG_0074.JPG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody know if the Amiibo and LEGO Dimensions have gone down in price yet? Last I checked on Monday of last week, they were at 50% off. I'd go in to check myself, but we are being hit by a huge storm, and I'd rather not go outside if I don't need to.

The Target near my office that has :switch: WWE 2K18 actually dropped the price down to 70% off ($17.98), and it’s the only one I see according to Brickseek that has it at that price. Still $8 too expensive for you, though...[emoji4]
Even at that price, it is still debatable, but if I saw it at my local Target for that price I would likely go ahead and pick it up. I just wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

On another note with the clearance Amiibo. My Target has a bunch of Animal Crossing ones marked down to $5.98 and still nothing good in regards to actual games on clearance.

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads-up about the XB1 Ocean controllers, for some reason the store I went to had them in-line at $20.98, but they scanned at full MSRP. I walked the guy back to show him the price, he noted it was odd, and sold me one. Seemed kind of annoyed about it, but they have to honor prices when they're so blatantly posted (tag under item on shelf). He fixed the tag before I even left electronics, so keep your eyes peeled, maybe another CAG can still get this deal.

Anybody know if the Amiibo and LEGO Dimensions have gone down in price yet? Last I checked on Monday of last week, they were at 50% off. I'd go in to check myself, but we are being hit by a huge storm, and I'd rather not go outside if I don't need to.
I checked on the Lego Dimensions at my closest target and they were still 50% off. I'm watching to see if the starter sets will go to 75%. I'm also hoping I could find a good deal somewhere on the doctor who and portal level pack, but I'm not having much luck on those.

Target has Switch games on clearance. The only one worth buying is Minecraft. The clearance sticker will say $27.98 but it will ring up as $11.98 +tax. [attachment=29845:size=4IMG_20180318_000306.jpg]

If target ain’t too far a bother/drive you ought to check for Story Modes, brickseek said no, two local Targets had em

This thread really needs a 'post the fucking brickseek link' rule

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-30-0300 for the minecraft game

What else is on clearance
I am stuck at work, but looks like a Target about 30 minutes from my house has a copy in stock. Not sure if it is worth the gas/time to try and pick it up after work though. $12 and it trades for $22 at Gamestop before any bonuses, but I feel like I would be making little profit, after all, is said and done. I also have zero desire to actually play this game.

That’s pretty dumb...every Target I’ve ever been to has had no problem price matching what scans in either their app or on their website, as long as they can confirm it on their own scanning device. You can always show them their own PM policy:
attachicon.gif
IMG_DB92D9A8F6F3-1.jpeg
There’s also a PDF of all the websites they PM:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0074.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I can get them to match websites usually, but they're super stingy about it, almost as bad as Wal Mart used to be. But their app, nope never once got them to price match it because they tell me it needs to have been physically marked down. Which, makes ZERO sense since they'll price match websites haha... Don't understand their logic for sure.

Thanks to faheeta who posted it I found a Minecraft for the Switch for $12 at one of my local stores. Going to throw it my sons Easter basket.

I went to the closest store that showed the Minecraft game in stock but no luck in finding it.  The guy helping seemed knowledgeable and mentioned that his tri-corder showed two copies in stock but it didn't mention a location on the floor or a location in the backroom.  I didn't know they could see where it is in the backroom. :)

The trip wasn't all for naught though because they had a SP:TFBW Gold for :xb1: that I price matched to Walmart.   :D/

Video Game related - I found a couple of the Nendoroid Link: BotW DX version on clearance for $29.98 at my local Target.

DPCI: 207-04-1565 for any interested parties.

Video Game related - I found a couple of the Nendoroid Link: BotW DX version on clearance for $29.98 at my local Target.

Thanks, cleared out my local target to resell and make a cool $5 profit.

In all seriousness, if you can't find the Nendoroid in the gaming section, try the Funko/Collectible section. I was about to give up until I found a few sitting there.

Also saw two for the same price at mine yesterday but wasn't interested. Pretty slick price though.

Minecraft is going to be 19.99 for the Switch next week according to Target's leaked ad so does this mean that stores will stop selling it on clearance for 11.98 and the price will increase to 19.99 for the foreseeable future? Or perhaps 19.99 for just the week? Anyone know how these situations are handled? Thanks

Minecraft is going to be 19.99 for the Switch next week according to Target's leaked ad so does this mean that stores will stop selling it on clearance for 11.98 and the price will increase to 19.99 for the foreseeable future? Or perhaps 19.99 for just the week? Anyone know how these situations are handled? Thanks
I was able to track one down in a store that brickseek was showing on clearance for 11.xx. Clearance sticker said $21.xx but the game rang up at full price of $39.99. So it's possible that because it's advertised, the prices reverted back to regular price. If the clearance sticker is on it, they will honor that listed price.

I bought two copies of minecraft at full price at almost $90 for both. Hopefully I'm able to price match to the $11.98 price. I went to three different stores and they all said they dont price match clearance prices. I understand them not price matching if the item I have in my hand is clearanced already (clearance ----> more clrearance), but it pisses me off when they use the same logic for wanting to price match a full price item to a clearance price (full price ----> clearance). The last store I went to the lady was so much more helpful and wanted to price match but told me to come back tomorrow because I need to wait a day to price match at a different store. Which is a bummer because I wanted to take advantage of the higher trade in value at Best Buy which I doubt will be that high tomorrow.

I bought two copies of minecraft at full price at almost $90 for both. Hopefully I'm able to price match to the $11.98 price. I went to three different stores and they all said they dont price match clearance prices. I understand them not price matching if the item I have in my hand is clearanced already (clearance ----> more clrearance), but it pisses me off when they use the same logic for wanting to price match a full price item to a clearance price (full price ----> clearance). The last store I went to the lady was so much more helpful and wanted to price match but told me to come back tomorrow because I need to wait a day to price match at a different store. Which is a bummer because I wanted to take advantage of the higher trade in value at Best Buy which I doubt will be that high tomorrow.
Why not go to a store that is sold out of them but had them at the $11.98 price and ask customer service to return and rebuy with a new payment method as they won't usually allow a straight return-rebuy? I've never tried it myself but I heard it works to get the lower price (again, if the rep allows it). If the rep doesn't allow it you can always return it for a full refund and check every day to see if they put them on the clearance endcap at the new price.

Not clearance persay, but good target deal on Monster Hunter from Wario

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/977043390662557697

After a bit of back and forth with the same target, I was able to price match the two games. $60 got refunded back to me. Paid around $25.xx for both games. Traded them in at Best Buy for $45.12. Made $20 profit.

Clearance end cap at the Colonies Marketplace in Upland, CA. https://imgur.com/a/yG9bZ A lot of clearance stuff, but most of the games that interested me were still full price. I'm assuming they cleared out their backroom or something because a lot of the games they have are games I hadn't seen in months at a Target like Stardew Valley for the XBO and Nioh for the ps4 for $39.99, So I'm assuming they're the last copies they have. I had checked brickseek and the site says they're supposed to be out of stock, and yet there they are. They also had a couple copies of Resident Evil Revelations on PS4. The last copy of Assassins Creed Unity for ps4 for $19.99 as well. They also had the last copy of Horizon Zero Dawn for the ps4 at $39.99. I don't remember if it was the complete or normal edition though.

Also, is it just me or are they not putting clearance food in end caps anymore? I have a habit of going through the end caps for cheap food, and ever since February, I just haven't been able to find any. The last things I found was wine on clearance, now it sees like they just mix it in with the normally priced foods.

After a bit of back and forth with the same target, I was able to price match the two games. $60 got refunded back to me. Paid around $25.xx for both games. Traded them in at Best Buy for $45.12. Made $20 profit.
So you went to three different stores trying to get a price adjustment on two different days and spent who knows how much time just to make a $20 profit? Congrats!

bread's done
Back