Target Clearance Thread XXII

Over the last four days I finally picked up all of the 2017 Gold Edition steelbooks I was waiting on buying.   Got all four of these for a total of $108.28.  I checked over a dozen stores.  About three of them had Assassin's Creed Steelbooks, only two had South Park on Xbox, a couple others had 1-2 copies of either MvC or Shadow of War on Xbox.  It's worth looking if you can check at least a few stores. Their DPCIs are all merged with the standard edition games, so someone has to physically check the racks. 

20180326_155056.jpg

I have one extra copy of this which I'm willing sell to a CAG regular for $25 shipped. Shoot me a PM and be Paypal ready if you're interested. If you're going to flip it, don't PM me; I could do that myself if I wanted.  (Don't PM me and ask if stores have other things)  Gone, thanks. 

20180326_155140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, but realistically if I knew something was on clearance, the system should be ringing it up as such but isn't AFAIK. I've tried scanning games to see if they've dropped and the price scanners always come up full price without the clearance sticker. That's the real issue I'm having, so it's not really the employee's fault at all. Then again, I usually see them just standing around doing nothing most of the time so I'm sure laziness is a big factor.
System won’t ring up a clearance price until someone activates it. Before things changed, management would activate all price changes at the end of the week even if they weren’t ticketed due to it hurting their score. Now that they changed where team members in their area are responsible, management doesn’t get dinged for price change not being completed, due to corporates crazy changes. So now if an item was due to be priced down 2 weeks ago wasn’t activated once. It will stay regular price. This is currently going on with our toys since they haven’t touched that area in a while. The black spider man 12in is full price right now, I scanned it with our scanner under price change and it went straight to 50%. Had to cancel it cauS they didn’t want it activated till someone can go thru all of toys

Went to 5 targets in loop on my way home from work. Went 0 for 2 on the first 2 stops. Thought about quiting but didn't and then went 3 for 3 on the second leg. I was bummed I didn't find AC:O for Xbox at the first 4 stops and thought for sure I wouldn't find anything at the last stop as I had been there last week for other household items and didn't see anything. But there it was.
ab028a21e297453f91b5774185566e46.jpg
352f87bbab904ef5f3c7044f14efbf98.jpg
60e10a3f30f0e054687a22e13cf9b494.jpg

I'm trying to sell my Destiny LE PS4 on Ebay this week so that I can buy a PS4 Pro with this week's 15% off Cartwheel discount.  After team member discount it's only $291 + tax.  I hope it sells. 

I PM'd skrockij89, but I'll also ask here. If anyone is able to locate a copy of AC: Origins Gold Edition for the Xbone, I'd love to work a deal out

skrockij89 came through!

Can anybody else confirm that Target only price matches online prices? I tried price matching Pillars of Eternity for ps4 that a Walmart several miles from the store had it for $15, but the employee said they only price matched online prices, not in store.  I also tried price matching a Dragon Age game that Toysrus had for $3.98 in store and the lady just parroted the same thing.

Can anybody else confirm that Target only price matches online prices? I tried price matching Pillars of Eternity for ps4 that a Walmart several miles from the store had it for $15, but the employee said they only price matched online prices, not in store. I also tried price matching a Dragon Age game that Toysrus had for $3.98 in store and the lady just parroted the same thing.
You have to have an AD from that store to price match in store items. If not they can be nice and call that store for a price check but they will also ask if that product is in clearance/or on sale and if its in stock.

Not sure if anyone is near the East Bay but I've seen several steel books for SP and AC in Richmond, Albany, and Pinole Targets. For both systems.

Have yet to see a Shadoe of War steel book though. Are they discounted or still 49.99?

Can anybody else confirm that Target only price matches online prices? I tried price matching Pillars of Eternity for ps4 that a Walmart several miles from the store had it for $15, but the employee said they only price matched online prices, not in store. I also tried price matching a Dragon Age game that Toysrus had for $3.98 in store and the lady just parroted the same thing.
Did you have proof to show them those prices? If not, anyone could just walk in and say they saw something for $1 and ask for a price match... That being said, everytime I've PM'ed at Target, they had to look the item up on their store tablet and see for themselves, even if I had it on my own phone to show them.

All I could find was a PS4 steelbook for Assassin's Creed Origins. If anyone wants to trade for the Xbox version (hell I'll even just trade the season passes since that's all I really need.) that would be dope.

Anyone else noticing the Clearance deals drying up in their area? 25 mile radius from me in North ATL and there is virtually nothing...Is this the result of people hoarding for reselling?

Anyone else noticing the Clearance deals drying up in their area? 25 mile radius from me in North ATL and there is virtually nothing...Is this the result of people hoarding for reselling?
Checked a few Targets in the past week in SoCal and not finding anything worth buying. I am waiting for remodels

Pretty dry around me. I'm in western NY. I was recently at 5 targets and there was nothing in clearance for video games.

I mentioned this a few pages back. I've definitely gotten a lot less gaming clearance deals at Target. This past weekend the only clearance game I saw was Hasbro Family Fun Pack Conquest Edition for PS4 for $13.24, almost bought it because it was a clearance game, but decided to not get another game I won't play, it's also not that great of a deal. Before that, the last game I bought was Bulletstorm on PS4 for $9.94 and I have noticed the same Target is now selling Bullestorm for $19.99.

I personally think Target is starting to back away from video games a bit. The remodelled stores have a smaller section for games which is what leads me to believe Target is going to start carrying fewer video games. Outside of the occasional price error, clearance deal, or Cartwheel discount Target has never been a place I buy my video games unless I am getting a deal.

It's been that way for all of 2018 and going back past before Christmas. There has been nothing good on clearance anywhere besides those few obscure closeout PS4 and XB1 games in January.

I mentioned this a few pages back. I've definitely gotten a lot less gaming clearance deals at Target. This past weekend the only clearance game I saw was Hasbro Family Fun Pack Conquest Edition for PS4 for $13.24, almost bought it because it was a clearance game, but decided to not get another game I won't play, it's also not that great of a deal. Before that, the last game I bought was Bulletstorm on PS4 for $9.94 and I have noticed the same Target is now selling Bullestorm for $19.99.

I personally think Target is starting to back away from video games a bit. The remodelled stores have a smaller section for games which is what leads me to believe Target is going to start carrying fewer video games. Outside of the occasional price error, clearance deal, or Cartwheel discount Target has never been a place I buy my video games unless I am getting a deal.
How unfortunate, i actually hate shopping at Gametsop for videogames. BesT Buy is my go to place now but the Target deals were nice when you could catch them.

Pretty dry around me. I'm in western NY. I was recently at 5 targets and there was nothing in clearance for video games.
Same here, I am in the Henrietta/Rochester area. I haven't found anything much good at target in years. Since I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for around $10 haha, best $10 I ever spent. I do find some decent toys though from time to time.

Not on clearance, but found Assassins Creed Gold Edition in the locked case behind a few regular copies. I’m glad I did a closer look to see the reflection of the slip cover. $30 for game, steelbook, and SP is a steal.

Not on clearance, but found Assassins Creed Gold Edition in the locked case behind a few regular copies. I’m glad I did a closer look to see the reflection of the slip cover. $30 for game, steelbook, and SP is a steal.
Assassins Creed: Origins Gold Edition I presume? :)

Same here, I am in the Henrietta/Rochester area. I haven't found anything much good at target in years. Since I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for around $10 haha, best $10 I ever spent. I do find some decent toys though from time to time.
Hudson Valley here and it's the same. I bit the bullet on a 50% :xb1: Lego Dimensions starter set because I only ran into it in one (father away) Target and didn't want to miss out. My local store only has PS4 & 360 ones. Other than that pretty much ziltch for a while.

I suspect there's clearance at most of these locations. It's just not tagged. Which is why the Target phone app and this thread are worth their weight in gold.

Hit up Target in Henderson, NV  (Stephanie location) and got the last Gold Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4); Also hit up the one on W. Lake Mead. They had one copy of South Park FBW Gold (PS4), but it scanned at $60.

It should reflect the $20 price for the sale of the regular version of the game. It sounds like that store is WAY behind on updating prices...
He scanned the regular version to verify if there was a sale on the game it scanned at $20 with the mobile scanner. Strange. Maybe the discount comes off once they hit a payment button? When I saw the price at the screen, I just said "Oh, I thought this game was on sale this week, never mind then." I should have just gone through with the payment to go through the entire checkout process.

I wish I paid more attention to the process when I bought Assassin's Creed.

He scanned the regular version to verify if there was a sale on the game it scanned at $20 with the mobile scanner. Strange. Maybe the discount comes off once they hit a payment button? When I saw the price at the screen, I just said "Oh, I thought this game was on sale this week, never mind then." I should have just gone through with the payment to go through the entire checkout process.

I wish I paid more attention to the process when I bought Assassin's Creed.
When I bought AC:O Gold today, it showed $29.99 on the mobile scanner, fwiw.

I hit Buffalo, Amherst, Galleria, Depew, and Eastern Hills. Skipped Orchard Park and Niagara Falls.

About 6 weeks ago I found a $12 copy of Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 for PS4 @ NF.
I am over in the Rochester/Henrietta area. Thinking about making Buffalo rounds once in awhile. Do you have any good finds in that area overall?

I am over in the Rochester/Henrietta area. Thinking about making Buffalo rounds once in awhile. Do you have any good finds in that area overall?
Had one walmart remodel a while back that was a jackpot. Target has been so so the past couple months. Back before that it seemed okay. There were some good finds, some for keeps and some for flipping, even when brickseek said they were out of stock. Did find some copies of Dirt 4 and FFXII. Oh yeah and Return to Arkham was on clearance for $10.

Can't figure out which goodwill gets the left over clearance though.

Had one walmart remodel a while back that was a jackpot. Target has been so so the past couple months. Back before that it seemed okay. There were some good finds, some for keeps and some for flipping, even when brickseek said they were out of stock. Did find some copies of Dirt 4 and FFXII. Oh yeah and Return to Arkham was on clearance for $10.

Can't figure out which goodwill gets the left over clearance though.
Is there still good finds at that Wal-Mart?

Im thinking of coming out soon..

Is there still good finds at that Wal-Mart?

Im thinking of coming out soon..
The remodel stuff is all gone as the remodel has been completed. They do have an end cap with a few discounted items - last gen, some walmart used games. You might try the walmart & target in Niagara Falls. They have quite a few dicounted item last I was there about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Just picked up Lego marvel hero 2 Deluxe ps4 for $20 NBA 2K18 Legend edition Xbox One for $30. They had the same lego for xbone for $60 so i figured id pick the PS4 one up. Never really played the lego gamews before.

bread's done
Back