Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to grab one of the midnight blue controllers tonight. Had to go through two Target employees. First one checked stock for me after I looked all around the tech section and found nothing. System said there were 2 on hand. He then said they could be anywhere and refused to go in the back & look. I found a second employee who was more senior & experienced and he offered right off the bat to go look in the back. 10 minutes later he came back with one. I probably should have asked for the second one too, but I figured why push my luck and I don't really need it anyway. 

Thanks to whoever first posted this & those who have posted about the restock. Keep trying, folks! They're still out there.

Now to find a console deal... 

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="shiningslade" post="14071360" timestamp="1540601758"]Just found another Vornado for 29.98 normally 99.98 DPCI 085 01 0040[/quote

Thank you for the heads up. Of course my local store has it in stock at 70% off and I’m away for the weekend. No stores near me have them in stock. Don’t it will last by the time I get home.

Went to a local Target looking for the DS4 after it popped up back on Brickseek.  Didn't find it, asked the guy at the desk who couldn't find it either and said it wouldn't be in the back according to the tracker.  As I'm entering the parking lot he runs out saying he found it.  It was the next item in the box he was unloading, heh.

Majorly lucked out.

Went to a local Target looking for the DS4 after it popped up back on Brickseek. Didn't find it, asked the guy at the desk who couldn't find it either and said it wouldn't be in the back according to the tracker. As I'm entering the parking lot he runs out saying he found it. It was the next item in the box he was unloading, heh.

Majorly lucked out.
That’s a redshirt that deserves a $5 tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by a Target near me that just had the Dualshock 4 Midnight blue in stock from brickseek today. Good thing I went just before noon when they maybe just put it on the peg and there was indeed one. It wasn't locked too so that was great. The price tag is indeed $19.48 in white. I went to self checkout paid it and left to put it in my car. I went back to check again if there were any other ones laying around in different places but checked brickseek about 10 minutes later, and store showed out of stock. Thanks everyone, I was able to grab one today.

Of course I posted on the old target thread, because I’m the dumbest person on CAG. But here goes,

The second closest target to me, which I haven’t tried yet, had them restocked. Went to the store, asked for one, as they weren’t on the floor. First employee says “wow great price” and grabs a second employee. Second employee says “that price can’t be right” and takes me to a third employee who says “I’m the head of electronics and that price is wrong.” Attempted to explain it was on clearance, and showed him the target app which stated the price. He was a hard ass and basically said he decided already target “can’t sell”.

Annoyed, I went to look for a manager, but instead was met by a fourth employee who told me to “order it online to be shipped to the store”. I attempted to explain that it’s in stock, and I could order it for store pickup (ready in 2 hours). Rather than get more angry, I just went out to my car to place the order for store pickup.

It Would not go through. Tried again, would not go through. Tried thrice, and was told item was “out of stock.” Wtf.

Just to be sure I should be angry, I went back inside, opened target app, and boom, it was in stock again - still at $19.48. It’s sitting in the back, but I can not get it.

Little to say, there is really nothing I can do besides complain to fellow CAG gamers, and I also left a pretty bold review on Google for the target store.

Went to the store, asked for one, as they weren’t on the floor. First employee says “wow great price” and grabs a second employee. Second employee says “that price can’t be right” and takes me to a third employee who says “I’m the head of electronics and that price is wrong.” Attempted to explain it was on clearance, and showed him the target app which stated the price. He was a hard ass and basically said he decided already target “can’t sell”.
rofl. I love the story of your experience.

You should have looked around at the pegs where the Dualshock 4 controllers are. Never ask an employee unless you can't find them or ask an employee who looks like they will actually help. There should be a tag at the peg where it says $19.48 for the midnight blue controller. Some of those employee's keep clearance items in a cart right at the register so they can say or do whatever they want and not sell those items to you.  

Very much not gaming related, but there's a toddler bed on clearance for as low as $12

0338a0eb9b1e1af0ba848e28d2de333f.jpg

So I was unable to go back to the Van Nuys Target and get the other two Midnight Blue DS4s they had, but after the most recent restock, I was able to grab another one from the Santa Clarita East, CA location. They hadn’t even been brought off of the stock truck yet: the electronics rep was aware of them and that they were $20, but was also extremely helpful and radioed her manager to find them. They were supposed to receive a shipment of at least two, but could only find one: I happily accepted the one and also bought the red Sony MDRXB950B1/R Extra Bass Wireless Headphones on 70% off clearance for $59.98. Not a bad trip for what was just supposed to kill time.
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-07-0679

My local store i stopped at today apparently had a repacked switch that sold for $110.xx a couple of days ago.  I guess i need to start checking there more often.

Found three Midnight Blue DS4 at the store this morning for $19.79. (Downtown Mpls.) I wasn't in the market for a new controller, but I doubt if I'll see them again for that cheap so I bought one. It will probably sit next to my unopened PS2 controller. 

The guy in electronics said, "Boy, that's cheap." I just nodded and said, "Hard to pass up at that price."

I'm glad so many of you were able to get the midnight blue DS4.  I didn't but I was fortunate enough to take advantage of that before Prime day sale/glitch whatever it was so I'm okay with missing out on deals like this.

There was one midnight blue DS4 on the shelf at my Target, though BS didn't show stock. My sister wanted a fourth controller for her kids (splitscreen Minecraft with friends), so picked it up for her.

So I've been stopping by my local Target every once in a while for the past two weeks trying to find the $19 dualshock 4 controllers and low and behold today I found a single Midnight Blue just hanging on the rack with the rest of the ps4 controllers. i just noticed it because the box was a little torn, so I inspected the box for the color and what do you know it was. I looked through all the controllers to see if they had more and of the Steel Black but they only had the lone Midnight Blue. I was surprise they had one because I checked Brickseek and the Target site and none of them said there was any in stock. So I would definitely check through the ps4 controllers to see if any of them are hidden with the rest. I bought the controller of course along with Earthfall Deluxe XB1 for 11.98.

Over 10 copies of project cars 2 at 5.98 and that mayhem game also at 5.98.

Chicago area.

Initially went for that 19.48 ps4 controller that brick seek showed as "limited stock" available. Employee stated there was one on floor but couldn't find it

Just a heads up, those Dualshock 4 Midnight blue are being priced back to $64.99 as shown from Brickseek. About 5 stores in my area have changed. Be sure to get them soon. 

Just a heads up, those Dualshock 4 Midnight blue are being priced back to $64.99 as shown from Brickseek. About 5 stores in my area have changed. Be sure to get them soon.
Aye, a few near me already made the jump back to $65, a grand majority still $19.48.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Today is price change for electronics. All stores who actually keep up with their workload will be pricing them back up to $64.99

Idk, Target clearance games have been a wasteland lately, still good deals but damn it's been a drought for games

Sucks... Luckily the other Target closest to you will have ten or more copies of Agents of Mayhem.
You kidding? The other one near me only has 1 on each console! Although j am tempted to get NFS Payback for $19.99 (found a deluxe code way back from Gamestop they let me keep), Raid WW2 and some other cheap game but not sure what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back