Target Clearance Thread XXIV

lol I'm tempted to order another fifty dollars worth of toilet paper as I still qualify for another gift card and the $10 Circle bonus for two qualifying purchases. Maybe I can figure out a way to send some back to my 2020 self.

Wow, I heard it was on clearance for $75 and wanted to grab one, but $45 is insane. I checked the Target near me and it's still full price. I'm in SWFL.
Not really understanding the thrill/buzz over having legos of consoles. If it actually worked, that'd be one thing -- but I can't get excited about putting together a rectangle ...

Does anyone know what happens if you get circle earnings bucks from a promo (say make 3 purchases of over 50, get 15 in circle earnings) and you end up returning an item from one of those 3 purchases later on?

For Circle bonus offers (i.e. make x number of purchases of x dollars or more by x date) do all items have to ship before the offer period ends to earn the bonus? One of the items I bought is backordered and might not ship until after the bonus period ends.

For Circle bonus offers (i.e. make x number of purchases of x dollars or more by x date) do all items have to ship before the offer period ends to earn the bonus? One of the items I bought is backordered and might not ship until after the bonus period ends.
For me I had that happen and it did not count. Someone else on here had since said that it did for them? I usually do not get the check mark until it ships though.

My Cartwheel has a 30% off video game software, normal exclusions apply.
Looks like some pre-orders are available with the discount, like Infinite Wealth, Dragon’s Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin (amongst others). If you had missed them previously during B2G1 sales, this is a good chance to save some cash.

Very YMMV. I can go to the link and it gives me 350 games including stuff like Mario Wonder listed as 30% off, but doesn't list a coupon to clip. This isn't the first time Target's been weird on my end, I've gotten multiple app notifications about deals that were greyed out or didn't display. Hmm. Might make a cart and try their CS chat. Worst case scenario is they tell me no.

Had a bunch of gift card credit, plus 5% off total purchase birthday coupon, and my RedCard. This 30% off pre-orders was great to wake up to.

Pre-ordered:
Hell Divers 2
Taxi Life
Ambulance Life
Pacific Drive
Suicide Squad
Dragon’s Dogma 2
Rise of the Ronan
South Park: Snow Day
Silent Hill 2

Also got the 30% off coupon for select games. Preordered some stuff I didnt have preordered from an earlier sale:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch)
South Park: Snow Day (Switch)
Legend of Legacy HD Remastered (Switch)
Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak Deluxe (PS5)
Touch Detective 3 and the Complete Case Files (Switch)
Arcade Game Zone (Switch)
Princess Peach: Showtime (Switch)
Ultros: Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Slave Zero X: Calamity Edition (PS5)
Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon LE (Switch)

As usual with Target, they may oversell and eventually cancel any of these titles. YMMV.

One of our four family accounts got the 30% off. Ordered Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Nice selection of first party Switch games included, but most only let the discount apply to digital.

There are many titles that say the 30% off applies, but once you put the title in your cart, it won't count. It could be a digital/physical thing. Super Mario Bros. Wonder physical no, digital yes.

Last edited:
A reminder to always jump on Target deals early. They've removed Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin from being eligible.
Yeah preorders and other exclusions are almost always pulled within the same day if not a few hours of the start of the sale. I think once they went 2 days. And stuff also sells out or thry close orders for it so people should always try to order what they want right away.

I preordered Tetris Effect on PS5 and after approving delays for 2 months, they finally cancelled it. I contacted chat and they gave me $10 in Target gift cards.

I preordered Tetris Effect on PS5 and after approving delays for 2 months, they finally cancelled it. I contacted chat and they gave me $10 in Target gift cards.

They also canceled my preordered copy of Tetris Effect PS5 after 2 months of approving delays. Kind of makes me wonder if they ever got any in at all.

I didn't realize target would give $10 gift cards for canceled preorders. Man, I would have had about $100 in gift cards by now if I knew they did that!

I had the same thing happen with Crymachina for PS5. I never got notification of the cancellation. I wound up getting the game by asking in Target Chat to see if they could reorder it with the same price on the deal I ordered it on (Buy 2 Get 1 Free). They wound up knocking the price lower on top of the reduced price. A lot of hoops to jump for a problem that should be resolved...

Target has buy 1, get 1 for half off on board games, activity kits, books and video games from Sunday, 2/4/24 through Saturday, 2/10/24.

Not sure what the hell an "activity kit" is, but it doesn't sound like anything that I would care about.

Didn't know where else to put this....

Target is running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off (Amazon is too) on select games

I was able to preorder
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
Visions of Mana (release date is next year)) :LOL:

Saw the Target offer when it went live on Sunday but it's very lackluster, at least for Nintendo Switch. But that's not at all surprising as it's generally par for the course with these for Switch in my experience. It's also not as good at the more traditional buy 2 get 1 free. Also, whenever Amazon matches the deal the selection of titles is inevitably even worse and stinks. One notable potential caveat to the Amazon offer is if a game just happens to be included and also get price-matched to another deal elsewhere so that the discounts stack, but that's a hit or miss kind of thing and games can get pulled from the promo at any time.

Switch rarely has deals on their games, i was realy pointing out that there were now some pre-orders available. I know that Hundred Heroes was not part of the intial promo

I pre-ordered FF7 Rebirth and it will actually arrive on release day according to the UPS tracking. Shocking.

Here's a win for me and a big F U for others.

I did NOT preorder FF rebirth deluxe from target. A friend of mine did months ago. His preorder got canceled randomly. Two days ago, target had it in stock online. I ordered it, it shipped yesterday, delivering tomorrow.

Also heard best buy was canceling peoples preorders as well. Similarly, it went back in stock online last week and people are getting confirmed orders.

Here's a win for me and a big F U for others.

I did NOT preorder FF rebirth deluxe from target. A friend of mine did months ago. His preorder got canceled randomly. Two days ago, target had it in stock online. I ordered it, it shipped yesterday, delivering tomorrow.

Also heard best buy was canceling peoples preorders as well. Similarly, it went back in stock online last week and people are getting confirmed orders.

They erroneously did it. A few hours later they were sent an email to reorder it and they would honor the steelbook bonus.

They erroneously did it. A few hours later they were sent an email to reorder it and they would honor the steelbook bonus.

My friend had his preorder canceled from target.

best buy still owes me the steelbook. Called corporate twice, both times refer me to the store I had my preorder at. Store tells me to call corporate no one helps.

bread's done
Back