Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Got the 20% off coupon and used it on switch preorders for:
Sea of stars
TMNT wrath of the mutants
I know it's not guaranteed but what always comes to my mind in cases like these is if those titles are included in the next B2G1 free promo (or even B1G1 50% off) then they are going to cheaper then anyway. And even if that doesn't happen I'm sure they will go on sale on their own separately at a later date. Too many games and not enough time anyway lol. So I feel kind of 'meh' about the 20% off -- it's not too appealing to me personally unless the game is already discounted imo.

Last edited:
I know it's not guaranteed but what always comes to my mind in cases like these is if those titles are included in the next B2G1 free promo (or even B1G1 50% off) then they are going to cheaper then anyway. And even if that doesn't happen I'm sure they will go on sale on their own separately at a later date. Too many games and not enough time anyway lol. So I feel kind of 'meh' about the 20% off -- it's not too appealing to me personally unless the game is already discounted imo.

I get that. It worked out for me because I was going to get them anyway with the circle offering and gift cards. This just saved me an additional $14. The part I hate is that it seems to take forever when preordering a game from Target with a deal.

There's nothing stopping you from placing pre-orders at the current deal and just cancelling and re-pre-ordering if a better deal comes up. Also no saying that the games that qualify for this deal will qualify for any future deals.

Wow, I actually got the 20% off coupon, too. I already grabbed Visions of Mana during their BOGO 50% off sale (ordered 2, canceled 1), so I'm not really sure if there's anything I want to use it on. Guess I'll take a look around.

There's nothing stopping you from placing pre-orders at the current deal and just cancelling and re-pre-ordering if a better deal comes up. Also no saying that the games that qualify for this deal will qualify for any future deals.
Actually there is. Interested in Kingdom Come: Deliverance for Switch but it releases in like 2 weeks and the $40 price after the 20% off is not good enough for me & not something I'd want to get saddled with.

Last edited:
I haven’t had much of a chance to look too closely at this, but it 100% feels like there’s some buried change to the program they’re trying to hide behind the “hey, you never have to claim a deal first before applying it!”
Previously if you paid with a payment method other than Redcard you’d earn 1% back in Target Circle earnings. They are getting rid of that.

Stellar Blade for PS5 was added to Target's site and qualifies for the 20% Circle offer:

Will definitely be getting that, game looks awesome.
Nice! Thanks for posting that. Will definitely pre order that, might as well throw visions of mana in the order too

is the 20% one time use or can we use it on multiple individual orders?

meh, never mind, south park, unicorn overlord and dragon's dogma aren't eligible anyway.

Last edited:
there are circle offers for $15 off $80 and 30% off accessories that stack on a few items. 2 of the red series x controllers are around $70. other colors are more, looking through other stuff that stacks now.

there are circle offers for $15 off $80 and 30% off accessories that stack on a few items. 2 of the red series x controllers are around $70. other colors are more, looking through other stuff that stacks now.
Switch Pro Controller is probably the best deal for that coupon. It used to go on sale for $50 but hasn't dropped at all in a good 2 years.

Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons are a good use case for the 30% off accessory coupon as well for those that utilize them (which is not me so much as I generally prefer a traditional controller).

Switch Pro Controller is probably the best deal for that coupon. It used to go on sale for $50 but hasn't dropped at all in a good 2 years.

Hah, thank you for validating my asking price on it (and frankly what I was also already aware of) as I'm currently selling a brand new sealed one locally. No shortage of dipshits here trying to lowball me on it.

Last edited:
Hah, thank you for validating my asking price on it (and frankly what I was also already aware of) as I'm currently selling a brand new sealed one locally. No shortage of dipshits here trying to lowball me on it.
Is it still available? This is pretty much the only message I get sent on Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp about my white robot series X controller brand new in box. I am only asking $40 for it but have only gotten four offers for it and it's always less than $40. Mostly $30. I have responded to an offer about $35 and they never got back. Been trying for a month now to sell it.

Is it still available? This is pretty much the only message I get sent on Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp about my white robot series X controller brand new in box. I am only asking $40 for it but have only gotten four offers for it and it's always less than $40. Mostly $30. I have responded to an offer about $35 and they never got back. Been trying for a month now to sell it.

Yes, it is but it's an item I'm only looking to sell locally as shipping and fees would significantly cut into my return on it. I hear that man, I get the same crap. It's kind of annoying. I'm polite but firm with people but there are times where in the back of my mind what I'm really thinking is you can piss off lol. Whatever though, man. I have no urgency to sell and will hold out for the right buyer. Someone will meet my asking price sooner or later.

Yes, it is but it's an item I'm only looking to sell locally as shipping and fees would significantly cut into my return on it. I hear that man, I get the same crap. It's kind of annoying. I'm polite but firm with people but there are times where in the back of my mind what I'm really thinking is you can piss off lol. Whatever though, man. I have no urgency to sell and will hold out for the right buyer. Someone will meet my asking price sooner or later.
Lol. I wasn't asking you. I was stating that that's pretty much the only message I get. Is it still available.

Lol. I wasn't asking you. I was stating that that's pretty much the only message I get. Is it still available.

Oh, haha. My bad, I misinterpreted that. Yeah, I get that all time time too. It's almost always a pointless inquiry and the answer should be apparent from the detail/effort I put into any listing, though of course few people seem to pay any attention to descriptions or seemingly anything else for that matter judging from some of the responses I get. If my experiences have reinforced anything it's my well-justified cynicism of just how fucking stupid, lazy, and also super flaky people are. A great trifecta one must watch out for.

Last edited:
"Is it still available" is the default message on Facebook Marketplace so that has a very sticky effect and requires only one button press. It honestly is a rather innocuous but vital question to open with, given that probably 2/3 of the stuff I've sent messages about turn out to already been sold or promised to someone. That said, learning that people have gotten annoyed with that regular message means I generally say something to the extent of "I want it if it's still available" or open with another question about the item.

Honestly the best response to "is it still available" is "yes, when and where would you like to meet?" because there's clearly interest and that will lead them in the direction you want (sales technique 101). Also, when I see listings that prematurely say not to ask if something is available, I just move on immediately because I'm not spending my time and a potential meeting with someone who is already cranky by default and is probably a reseller/flipper anyway.

The problem with is it still available is that that's the only message they send you. I do respond with yes when can you meet and 99% of the time, no response comes back. I also put yes this is still available as my very first thing in the title and I still get asked if the item is available. It tells me that this person didn't even read the description. Is it just a bot? Someone that just spends all day asking if things are available with no intention to buy? Whatever the case may be, I rarely ever make a sale after the very first question is is it still available.

I'm sure the pervasiveness of bots makes it frustrating no matter what. I'd probably include something in the posting like "messages with specific questions will be given priority" or something to that extent, but I doubt including anything in the posting (especially complaints, which I see a lot of) actually alters the volume of "is this available" messages you get. It's kinda like people who put "no drama" on their dating profiles, as if that's going to change anything :ROFLMAO:

"Is it still available" is the default message on Facebook Marketplace so that has a very sticky effect and requires only one button press. It honestly is a rather innocuous but vital question to open with, given that probably 2/3 of the stuff I've sent messages about turn out to already been sold or promised to someone. That said, learning that people have gotten annoyed with that regular message means I generally say something to the extent of "I want it if it's still available" or open with another question about the item.

Honestly the best response to "is it still available" is "yes, when and where would you like to meet?" because there's clearly interest and that will lead them in the direction you want (sales technique 101). Also, when I see listings that prematurely say not to ask if something is available, I just move on immediately because I'm not spending my time and a potential meeting with someone who is already cranky by default and is probably a reseller/flipper anyway.

Like the other guy said a lot of people fire that question off and then never say another thing or acknowledge any response. Yeah I know it's a default thing but it's a pretty stupid thing all around. Especially so when the item is listed to ship, which it absolutely should be available. As for my response to such a question I do confirm that the item is available, however I don't generally bother with the second part of your suggestion as you stated as most of the time they are just asking to then follow-up by proceeding to lowball you. Which if we are to talk about "sales technique 101", is a rather bad idea on the part of buyers because it can rub people the wrong way, in particular if it's egregious, and if you are like me can make one disinclined to ever consider working with them on anything because of it. It's a two-way street.

Last edited:
My absolute worst low ball of all time was when I was selling a brand new PlayStation 5 and the person just asked me if they could have it for free. I remember also getting a couple of offers for $100-150.

It's insane how entitled people are. I'm not going to list all of my conversations throughout the years but another ridiculous one was the guy wanted me to deliver a pack of guitar strings 13 miles away. He also only wanted to buy one pack for $5. I told him that I only meet for a minimum of $10 and he would have to come to me. Then he goes off on a rant on how I am not a good salesman and if I want to make a sale and get a good rating, I will drive to him. I kindly explained that gas alone there and back would not make it worth it for just $5 and then he went off on another rant. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:
My absolute worst low ball of all time was when I was selling a brand new PlayStation 5 and the person just asked me if they could have it for free. I remember also getting a couple of offers for $100-150.

It's insane how entitled people are. I'm not going to list all of my conversations throughout the years but another ridiculous one was the guy wanted me to deliver a pack of guitar strings 13 miles away. He also only wanted to buy one pack for $5. I told him that I only meet for a minimum of $10 and he would have to come to me. Then he goes off on a rant on how I am not a good salesman and if I want to make a sale and get a good rating, I will drive to him. I kindly explained that gas alone there and back would not make it worth it for just $5 and then he went off on another rant. Just ridiculous.
I have never understood the take less and drive 50 miles people. I value my time, as they do also, and 2-3 hours of my day playing delivery driver is never worth what I am asking. My other favorite is “I have cash today in hand” like somehow I was going to take a pack of jelly belly or something.

Not sure when it goes into effect, but circle deals will be in the future automatically applied; no more clipping. On one hand, this makes shopping easy for soccer moms. On the other hand, it's a downgrade for anyone with a brain for choosing when to apply coupons that would benefit us most. Also, awareness of circle deals will likely go down since instead of checking weekly for coupons, it's possible things will be missed in the flood of offers. Either way, it was pretty rare I even used one of these deals for games and probably haven't in over two years now. Typically only ever used the save 10% on your next visit type deals and only when grouping up items to get the most bang for it.

Not sure when it goes into effect, but circle deals will be in the future automatically applied; no more clipping. On one hand, this makes shopping easy for soccer moms. On the other hand, it's a downgrade for anyone with a brain for choosing when to apply coupons that would benefit us most. Also, awareness of circle deals will likely go down since instead of checking weekly for coupons, it's possible things will be missed in the flood of offers. Either way, it was pretty rare I even used one of these deals for games and probably haven't in over two years now. Typically only ever used the save 10% on your next visit type deals and only when grouping up items to get the most bang for it.
Effective April 7th. I expect the new offers to be way weaker now that they will auto-apply.

Some other clearance finds (most of these were unlabeled):

50% off vinyl:
Wish soundtrack
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Metallica: 72 Seasons
Journey: Frontiers

70% off:
Ugreen USB C Hub Adapter

Saw some actual clearance today...

Live -A-Live $34.99 (30% off)
WarioWare Switch game $34.99

Various wired switch controllers and cases on clearance

:switch: LIVE-A-LIVE was not discounted and scanned at full price ($50) at my local store, so YMMV on that one. I did see :switch: WarioWare: Get it Together on clearance at that price $34.99 (30% off) though.

And you can also add :switch: Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon currently on clearance at $41.99 (30% off).

Last edited:
Remember the days we'd get clearance every week/other week? Those days are gone 😔
I miss the 50% off dumpbins they’d do right after Christmas and sometimes during the summer. But yeah, seeing an endcap full of games at 75% off (or 70% off after they made the switch to 30/50/70 clearance schedule in early 2010s or so).

Good times, but sadly clearance in electronics, and really the whole store now, is a rare find as they’ve completely wrapped themselves up in balance sheets and cost centers. It was something that was starting 15 years ago when I worked for them but the push to drive out clearance markdowns has really become apparent in the last few years.

It seems like my local Target doesn't even mark down games anymore. They sit for months and months at full price until they just vanish. It's like they just go straight from MSRP to salvage.

im jealous of all you that have physical games at your Target stores.
You don't have physical games at yours? It's been pared down a bit and is less than what it used to be here. And gone are the days of the overflow/extra games that were off the planogram and would go on a shelf segment or endcap somewhere -- for the most part anyway. The issue with those though was always that Target would rarely discount them and they would just sit there collecting dust at full price the vast majority of the time. I never understood that to be honest. Here you had this shelf with a mishmash of games and maybe if you discounted them you could actually get them to move.

On a related note, I would say the disparity between how things used to be and how things currently are with respect to physical games is significantly more conspicuous at Best Buy. All the locations around here effectively cut the floor space dedicated to it in half for all 3 systems. Not that most stores actually really stocked the shelves anymore anyway as it's been a wasteland there for some years now.

bread's done
Back