Target Clearance Thread XXIV

In theory, I could PROBABLY unload a pile of older stuff for a decent price, but it seems like the sheer amount of trouble it would take to get a RELATIVELY small amount of money might not be worth it.

I mean, I could use extra money, but there isn't really an easy/safe/secure way to sell "collectible" video games without ever-growing charges.
You can always sell it to a local retro store, but you wouldn’t get as much as selling yourself. It does take the hassle out of the equation.

I have noticed that my local store has been getting lot of rarer stuff in. So it seems a lot of people are trying to unload right now.

You can always sell it to a local retro store, but you wouldn’t get as much as selling yourself. It does take the hassle out of the equation.

I have noticed that my local store has been getting lot of rarer stuff in. So it seems a lot of people are trying to unload right now.
There's also the thing of "sell tons of old, collectible video games and get a few thousand dollars" versus "just donate it to charity." I might wait 10 years and just do that.

Anyone know if there's a way to get like... local CS (as in USA based) from Target.com? They charged me for an item from the B2G1F that I cancelled and neither chat/calling seems to understand the issue. I only have 1 item for that amount but they charged me twice. They keep saying it's a hold but it's been over 7 business days and it's still there, the India reps do not seem to understand the issue...  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if there's a way to get like... local CS (as in USA based) from Target.com? They charged me for an item from the B2G1F that I cancelled and neither chat/calling seems to understand the issue. I only have 1 item for that amount but they charged me twice. They keep saying it's a hold but it's been over 7 business days and it's still there, the India reps do not seem to understand the issue...
I would say try calling Target corporate at 612-304-6073

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1593216932278591489?t=7eRQRJFzuqKQkHuGyiabwQ&s=19
I'm not in the market but the Xbox Series S for $250 w/ additional $50 gift card at Target seems like a damn good deal for someone who doesn't mind a digital-only gaming console.

This isn't clearance-related, but I was finally able to buy an Xbox Series X system at Target this evening and I just had to tell the story.

I had been thinking about doing the Series S deal with the free gift card, but I own a mountain of Xbox One discs, so that would have been counter-productive. 

Anyway, there were two Series X available for pick-up when I got up early this morning for work, and when I tried to buy one online for in-store pickup, the charge was declined for some reason and my bank flagged it for fraud so they blocked my account.

So, I had no Series X, I was on the phone with my bank for 20 minutes asking them to remove the block that they had put on my account, and I was almost late for work.

So, after all that, there was still one Series X available at the store when I got off from work, and I sped down there to pick it up.

I'm not even sure when I'm going to open it.  I've never spent that much in one transaction at Target or for any single gaming purchase.  But I have 30 days to think it over.  :whistle2:k

This isn't clearance-related, but I was finally able to buy an Xbox Series X system at Target this evening and I just had to tell the story.

I had been thinking about doing the Series S deal with the free gift card, but I own a mountain of Xbox One discs, so that would have been counter-productive.

Anyway, there were two Series X available for pick-up when I got up early this morning for work, and when I tried to buy one online for in-store pickup, the charge was declined for some reason and my bank flagged it for fraud so they blocked my account.

So, I had no Series X, I was on the phone with my bank for 20 minutes asking them to remove the block that they had put on my account, and I was almost late for work.

So, after all that, there was still one Series X available at the store when I got off from work, and I sped down there to pick it up.

I'm not even sure when I'm going to open it. I've never spent that much in one transaction at Target or for any single gaming purchase. But I have 30 days to think it over. :whistle2:k
You should have signed up for a red card just to save 5%

I'm not even sure when I'm going to open it. I've never spent that much in one transaction at Target or for any single gaming purchase. But I have 30 days to think it over. :whistle2:k
You should have signed up for a red card just to save 5%
Or even better, get ~10% off on the console. Target always seems to run a promo the first week of December I believe (it may be only for one or two days) where they offer their own store gift cards at 10% off. And if I recall correctly the limit was $500. So you could pick up a $500 gift card for $450 and then use it on an Xbox Series X to effectively knock $50 off the price. In this case you already have the console in your possession during the extended holiday return period so you could just ask to do a return-rebuy because you want to change payment methods.

Or even better, get ~10% off on the console. Target always seems to run a promo the first week of December I believe (it may be only for one or two days) where they offer their own store gift cards at 10% off. And I recall correctly the limit was $500. So you could pick up a $500 gift card for $450 and then use it on an Xbox Series X to effectively knock $50 off the price. In this case you already have the console during extended holiday return time so you could just ask to do a return-rebuy because you want to change payment methods.
they also had a ymmv 15% off coupon that worked on the series x and series s last month

Paid $362 + tax for the X after combining Target coupons. Also stocked up on Target gift cards when they were 10% off and had a credit card that gave me an extra 5% cash back. Other option is to use a gift card resale site to get Xbox credit for 10-15% off and buy direct from Microsoft.

Paid $362 + tax for the X after combining Target coupons. Also stocked up on Target gift cards when they were 10% off and had a credit card that gave me an extra 5% cash back. Other option is to use a gift card resale site to get Xbox credit for 10-15% off and buy direct from Microsoft.
For what it's worth I believe that Dollar General stores will have some PlayStation and Xbox gift cards at 20% off from Nov 24-26 (in-store only). Sadly, I didn't see Nintendo eShop cards included in the ad when I looked though.

For what it's worth I believe that Dollar General stores will have some PlayStation and Xbox gift cards at 20% off from Nov 24-26 (in-store only). Sadly, I didn't see Nintendo eShop cards included in the ad when I looked though.
I take advantage of this every year. My advice is go on Thanksgiving if you can.

I take advantage of this every year. My advice is go on Thanksgiving if you can.
Yes, it's Thanksgiving Day for the Dollar General PlayStation and Xbox gift cards. Every year, I go there early in the morning for those discounted cards. And the cashier is always pissed off because she's there on Thanksgiving. :bomb:

Or even better, get ~10% off on the console. Target always seems to run a promo the first week of December I believe (it may be only for one or two days) where they offer their own store gift cards at 10% off. And if I recall correctly the limit was $500. So you could pick up a $500 gift card for $450 and then use it on an Xbox Series X to effectively knock $50 off the price. In this case you already have the console in your possession during the extended holiday return period so you could just ask to do a return-rebuy because you want to change payment methods.
These are all good ideas, and I would have loved to save more if that had been possible. The problem that I kept encountering is that they never had Series X systems in stock at the store in my neighborhood (I had been checking for weeks), and after the issue I had yesterday with trying to buy it online, I also felt the need to purchase in-store, so I had to hop on it while the iron was hot. But I'll keep an eye out to see if there's any better offers that I can take advantage of.

I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again." when I try to sign in on target on my computer. How do I fix it?
I was having the same thing. I did some googling and apparently Target's login stuff doesn't work if you have an adblocker running right now. I tested it and turned off mine and it let me log in no issues. That's really annoying if it's an intended change on their end.

I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again." when I try to sign in on target on my computer. How do I fix it?
I was having the same thing. I did some googling and apparently Target's login stuff doesn't work if you have an adblocker running right now. I tested it and turned off mine and it let me log in no issues. That's really annoying if it's an intended change on their end.
I'm glad you guys mentioned this issue. I thought it was an unintended consequence of the issue that I had with my card on the website last week.

Target circle bonus is still up btw. Mine is make 2 qualifying purchases of $110 or more to earn a $20 reward in Target but I bought a $100 apple gift card and tmnt: the cowabunga collection and sackboy in separate orders without activating the bonus.

Target circle bonus is still up btw. Mine is make 2 qualifying purchases of $110 or more to earn a $20 reward in Target but I bought a $100 apple gift card and tmnt: the cowabunga collection and sackboy in separate orders without activating the bonus.
it would be 2 separate orders of $110 or more each, not 2 orders that exceed that cost. by the way, that is a horrible offer, you must spend alot of money at target. (assuming that is how they determine these offers)

it would be 2 separate orders of $110 or more each, not 2 orders that exceed that cost. by the way, that is a horrible offer, you must spend alot of money at target. (assuming that is how they determine these offers)
Nah the targeted offers are completely random. The targeted offers themselves are also random. Like he has that large amount while mine is spend 50 twice for 20$ credit. The previous one I had was spend 30 thrice for 15$.

This sort of thing can also happen due to browser cookies that are not working correctly or corrupted. Deleting them (recommend doing so only for the specific site in question) can sometimes resolve an issue like this. And if it's something that happens repeatedly even after that it could potentially mean a hardware issue with the system is present, like a hard drive/SDD or memory module(s) throwing off errors.

I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again." when I try to sign in on target on my computer. How do I fix it
I'm glad you guys mentioned this issue. I thought it was an unintended consequence of the issue that I had with my card on the website last week.
This sort of thing can also happen due to browser cookies that are not working correctly or corrupted.
I'm pretty sure this instance is uBlock Origin blocking something. I had the same issue yesterday. Disabled uBlock Origin on the Target tab, and it worked fine. You can turn it back on after you sign in and it'll still work.

I’ve been doing that since the GameCube days. And today I have sealed Xbox, GameCube, PSone, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and also PS5 games. Mint and new. Countless ones in storage.
I've been doing that for approximately forever as well, but I recently liquidated most of my pre-ps4 collection - not you, Genesis and Dreamcast - to cover a down payment on a house.

So now it's the current gen stuff I'm buying dirt cheap again. 😅

I'm pretty sure this instance is uBlock Origin blocking something. I had the same issue yesterday. Disabled uBlock Origin on the Target tab, and it worked fine. You can turn it back on after you sign in and it'll still work.
After following your instructions, I was able to place an online order today. For some reason, I was under the impression that the games were buy two, get one free, but that deal was only for movies, books and music. I had gone into a store on my lunch break today, and I picked up Sonic Colors, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Guardians of the Galaxy for Xbox, but I couldn't figure out why the total was so high. Then I ended up buying Far Cry 6 and Guardians for Xbox and Lost Judgment for PS4 online when I got home. They were all $14.99, but I think that Walmart is selling GTA for $10 on Black Friday, so I will probably end up returning all of the games that I bought in-store anyway.

Got a $10 off $60 expires Dec 3. Thanks target since I know I won’t be able to make 4 purchases of $60 or more cuz of the weak bf deals this year

I just got $20 off a $120 purchase expires Dec. 3. It excludes everything costly that I’m interested in. Sometimes I’ll pad out a shopping trip with pet food or cat litter to meet a threshold but that’s a lot of cat litter.

I prefer the circle offers that give you a gift card because they don’t have many restrictions

My latest circle offer was $5 off $20. 

on topic: a couple months back I was seeing a lot of clearance deals. Lots of phone cases and Watch bands, some random tech. Picked up the PS5 Ferrari T80 steering wheel for $40 or so at 70% off. 

Got a $10 off $60 expires Dec 3. Thanks target since I know I won’t be able to make 4 purchases of $60 or more cuz of the weak bf deals this year
I made four $60 purchases to get my $20 bonus to kick in, used the $20 towards a purchase, and then I returned most of the stuff that I bought. No telling if that tactic will work or if they won't give me future offers because I'm trying to get over on Target.

I made four $60 purchases to get my $20 bonus to kick in, used the $20 towards a purchase, and then I returned most of the stuff that I bought. No telling if that tactic will work or if they won't give me future offers because I'm trying to get over on Target.
they might eventually ban you from doing returns

Got a $10 off $60 coupon that I used to pick up a Zen Pro (aka King Kong Pro 2) Controller that is being carried at Target now exclusively.

Yes, it's Thanksgiving Day for the Dollar General PlayStation and Xbox gift cards. Every year, I go there early in the morning for those discounted cards. And the cashier is always pissed off because she's there on Thanksgiving. :bomb:
Thanks for talking about this, I just went out and got some Xbox gift cards for my nephew. For anyone else that does this, it is the 3 pack of $20 for $60 that is 20% off, not the single card $50 ones.

Aaaand this is why we can't have nice things. What stuff like this does is push them towards instituting more restrictions as well as something like a 90+ day waiting period on any rewards. This seems pretty scummy & in the end is just going to screw over everyone.

I dunno lol, I just know the discount wasn’t ringing up on the $50 cards,
If you aren't trying the exact cards that appear in the Dollar General store circular ad, it won't work. This morning, I saw the $25 Starbucks cards were on sale in the ad two for $40, but they only had the variable amount cards ($5 to $100), so the discount didn't come off and the cashier couldn't do an override. So, probably the $50 Xbox cards didn't work since the $25 Xbox cards were the ones shown in the ad.

bread's done
Back