Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Not video game related, but the 10% off food Circle coupon stacks with the holiday clearance discounts.

I bought a bag of the Starbucks Holiday Blend coffee and a bag of the gingerbread Kit Kats in store earlier today, and it applied on both items.  

Unfortunately, Target holiday clearance is only down to 30% off on food items at this point which I imagine is because of inflation.  :roll:

This is an interesting topic I was literally discussing with two friends this morning... digital media and not owning anything anymore.

Quick button topic... new car, new computer. Nothing has a CD player anymore. I don't even know how or where to buy a CD in person. Perhaps that's our generations cassette tape? Then mp3s/digital albums... everything is now pandora, Spotify, Apple Music. Sure it's cool to be able to listen to anything at any time. That is for now, until they start pulling content like Netflix does with movies, or how HBO is removing their own show westworld. Then we have Disney streaming, paramount, direct to digital movies instead of 4K discs...

Now onto video games. I just read about a new game, Chained Echoes. I'd love to play it, it's a game right up my alley. Except it's digital only, with no physical disc planned in the USA. Looks like I'll never play it at this point since I won't buy digital games. A friend said gamepass is a great idea... you can pay $60 for one game and possibly hate it, or may a small monthly fee to play hundreds of games. Call me old school, I still want it in my hands. If this current generation of consoles is the last of physical media, then so be it. I'll build a nice physical collection and ride that out for many years to come.
chained echoes is getting a physical release through first press games https://firstpressgames.com/collections/chained-echoes/

Thanks for sharing that, grabbed a copy. Gotta put your money where your mouth is if you actually want to support physical.
I concur. Except on this one. It isn't rated for NA, only PAL. As a collector that's important to me. And I just got a reply from the studio printing this. They're charging euro VAT to US citizens. Not sure how they're fixing that right now.

I stopped by Target yesterday and passed the shelf of games that were 50% off. If anyone's interested these are the games I remember seeing.

PS4
Arkham Knight - I bought this for $9.99
Last of Us Remastered - $9.99
Resident Evil 3 - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition

Xbox One
Super Monkey Ball
Far Cry 5
Far Cry 6

Nintendo Switch
CN Battle Crashers
Cars 3

Sorry I didn't check the price for everything but if you were in the market for any of these games, this could be a chance to grab them a little cheaper than usual.

Yeah, went to a Target two days ago and 99% of the PS4 and Switch shelves were empty but the Xbox shelf still had at least half of their games. Even the endcaps were picked over.

2 targets I went had a few games on display, even walmart was missing a bunch like Spiderman like WTF
Yeah, went to a Target two days ago and 99% of the PS4 and Switch shelves were empty but the Xbox shelf still had at least half of their games. Even the endcaps were picked over.
Christmas happened. Truckers, and most everyone, takes a break during Christmas and New Years. Companies aren't re-ordering things at pre-holiday distribution prices either. Stores also want to get rid of the remaining product that they already have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas happened. Truckers, and most everyone, takes a break during Christmas and New Years. Companies aren't re-ordering things at pre-holiday distribution prices either. Stores also want to get rid of the remaining product that they already have.
Retailers also hold off ordering for most of January because of ... returns.

additionally they have been sending back stuff to salvage and whatever more often lately. And of course there was the winter storm stuff so most truck deliveries in areas hit were cancelled or delayed.

Random question.  So I preordered 3 games during target's last b2g1 deal (none have shipped).  If I cancel one will the prices for the other 2 adjust or will they still apply a discount to each game as usual?  I've done the order/cancel trick before but not solely on preorders.

Random question. So I preordered 3 games during target's last b2g1 deal (none have shipped). If I cancel one will the prices for the other 2 adjust or will they still apply a discount to each game as usual? I've done the order/cancel trick before but not solely on preorders.
The discounted prices of the remaining games will not change.

I don't typically eat sugary cereal but.....this stuff is honestly my favorite.  It is excellent.  Found boxes on clearance yesterday for $1.49 so those should last through the expiration in September ha.  231-000-876

Sugar-Toast-Crunch.jpg

Kinda sucks target has a promo now for one piece odyssey of $10 gc if u pre order but “not valid on previous orders” does Best Buy also not add freebies to previous orders when a promo gets added later on?

In this circumstance I kinda wish I wasn't dieting or else I'd stock up on clearance junk food. I remember several years ago I bought about a dozen 4th of july pop rock oreos that were less than a dollar a pack and they lasted me well into October.

What the actual hell? My one piece odyssey pre order (b2g1 2 cancelled) came with a pre order bonus code (sent to me almost 1 week later) so random getting bonus codes from target nowadays

Dead space pre order backordered yay

It finally shipped est arrival of Feb 1. Wish it’d arrive earlier tho. Gonna need time for hogwarts legacy too. Then wanted dead

I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out. So I applied for the Red Card a few weeks ago and received a $40 promo code. Once I received it, it says that Switch hardware and games are excluded. Smh.

I know it's a dumb question, but there's no work around this, right? I'm bummed because that's the main reason I even bothered to apply for the card in the first place.

I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out. So I applied for the Red Card a few weeks ago and received a $40 promo code. Once I received it, it says that Switch hardware and games are excluded. Smh.

I know it's a dumb question, but there's no work around this, right? I'm bummed because that's the main reason I even bothered to apply for the card in the first place.
Only workaround is chat with customer service and ask them to apply it

Speaking as a Switch owner who has followed these things in the Nintendo landscape, I can tell you that Switch hardware and games are generally excluded from these kinds of promotions at Target.

** Note that based on in my experiences in the past "hardware" has actually meant "consoles", so a coupon or promo like the one you mentioned may work on first-party accessories like Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller. The last time I could verify this was awhile ago for me though.

Edit: On a side note, when they run their periodic Buy 2 Get 1 Free promo on video games (probably due for one soon) it's only select Switch games that are usually eligible. And rarely first-party ones unless they slip through the cracks early on.

I don't know a work around, but you can actually use the $40 off promo twice. Scan the barcode for instore and use the code for online. Not sure if you are aware about the double dip.

So based on history next week should be the B2G1 week on video games, but the ad is showing B1 get 50% 2nd. Inflation at work?
It's a multitude of factors. Inflation is surely one of them, but perhaps moreso is the growing number of folks who don't buy physical media anymore. Physical video games, like bluray/4k movies, have always been either loss leaders or thin-margin products, often meant to help drive store traffic.

This is becoming less so every generation, with the last bringing the tipping point.

We might still see a B2G1, but guessing it'll be limited to BF. Either way, B2G1 sales on this stuff is going to go away.

B1G1 half off isn't as good, but it's still better than other retailers. Don't be surprised when these disapper, too, because they will.

What happens if you buy an eligible item, use the $40 promo, then return the item? Is the $40 lost, given back to you as a promo, or given to you as a gift card? Does the fine print say?

So based on history next week should be the B2G1 week on video games, but the ad is showing B1 get 50% 2nd. Inflation at work?
Good question. I just saw it as well. Very sad that it's not B2G1 free like usual. Unless the base price of the items is already discounted then BOGO 50% off is going to seem weak. MEH.

What happens if you buy an eligible item, use the $40 promo, then return the item? Is the $40 lost, given back to you as a promo, or given to you as a gift card? Does the fine print say?
I could be wrong but I suspect it would simply be forfeited.

207-44-0159 but I don't think Brickseek / Popfindr even work for Target anymore, as far as I can tell.

Jojo-1.jpg

Wasn’t there another B2G1 sale around Easter last year? I could be wrong, but I feel like it’s also appeared around that time period as well. Hoping for one around then, given that more Q1 releases will be out. Also got my eye on a few smaller indie releases dropping physically late this month and into next (Signalis, Prodeus, Asterigos).

Perhaps a B2G1 delay at this point also gives stores a continued opportunity to restock/recover from the holiday season too. Because I don’t know about anyone else, but my local Target’s game section is still mostly empty. Whether that’s intentional or not on the part of Target corporate remains to be seen.

BOGO 50% excludes games published by Nintendo/Sony but Horizon Forbidden West is one of the games advertised. Lol.

Wasn’t there another B2G1 sale around Easter last year? I could be wrong, but I feel like it’s also appeared around that time period as well. Hoping for one around then, given that more Q1 releases will be out. Also got my eye on a few smaller indie releases dropping physically late this month and into next (Signalis, Prodeus, Asterigos).

Perhaps a B2G1 delay at this point also gives stores a continued opportunity to restock/recover from the holiday season too. Because I don’t know about anyone else, but my local Target’s game section is still mostly empty. Whether that’s intentional or not on the part of Target corporate remains to be seen.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-94#entry14500473

As far as the B2G1 free promo goes, your recollection is correct. Last year we got such a promo in February, April, June, and then November.

That's an interesting point about Target store stock as I've also seen a ton of empty slots in the video game display cases at multiple locations all throughout January, though it begs the question of whether that's different than any other year, including last year.

My local target had the following games on Clearance

Xbox 

Battlefield 2042 (Xbox Series X)  DPCI:207-42-0040  $39.99 -> $19.99
Battlefield 2042 (Xbox One/Series X)  DPCI:207-32-0229  $29.99 -> $14.99
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One/Series X)  DPCI:207-32-6631  $19.99 -> $9.99
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (Xbox One/Series X)  DPCI:207-42-0050  $39.99 -> $19.99

PS4/PS5

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed (PS4) DPCI:207-34-9540  $39.99 -> $19.99
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4) DPCI:207-34-0893  $19.99 -> $9.99
Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles (PS4) DPCI:207-34-4720  $59.99 -> $50.99
JoJos Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R (PS5) DPCI:207-44-0159  $29.99 -> $25.49
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (PS4) DPCI:207-34-0077  $39.99 -> $19.99

Battlefield 2042 (PS5) DPCI:207-44-0071  $39.99 -> $19.99
Soul Hackers 2 (PS5) DPCI:207-44-0165  $59.99 -> $29.99
Resident Evil Village (PS5) DPCI:207-44-9295  $29.99 -> $14.99

Looks like Target is finally clearing out some games again. Hope several of those make it to 70% off.
I have to wonder whether it's more of an isolated case. In my area at least the annual 50% off clearance on select games seemed to have ended like a week ago on Jan 28th. As mentioned here previously, it felt somewhat like slim pickings this year (especially for Switch) since they had already salvaged a bunch of titles months earlier prior to the holiday season.

Pretty garbage. Not many pre orders if at all. No wanted dead, hogwarts, FFXV. Just went with dead space for $52. No sword and fairy, SF6, Star Wars.. thinkin about crisis core but I’m guessing it’ll drop to $30 or less eventually plus I want the steelbook so

I bought 2 copies of FF7 Remake for PS5 for $70 each like a month ago. Both new and sealed and within return policy. If I take them both back to the store, would they do a return rebuy with b1g50% off? Sold out online but it says it qualifies for the promo

I bought 2 copies of FF7 Remake for PS5 for $70 each like a month ago. Both new and sealed and within return policy. If I take them both back to the store, would they do a return rebuy with b1g50% off? Sold out online but it says it qualifies for the promo
Possibly as long as it’s within the return window

Someone please explain the randomness of Target when it comes to including games in their sales.

Mega Man Battle Network, a bunch of NIS and PQube games, Coffee Talk, etc. all included in the sale for switch but not for playstation.

Literally gets me angry. Not the first time they've done this.

Someone please explain the randomness of Target when it comes to including games in their sales.

Mega Man Battle Network, a bunch of NIS and PQube games, Coffee Talk, etc. all included in the sale for switch but not for playstation.

Works the other way too, for Crisis Core all except Switch are included in the sale.

same for Cuphead, Xbox and PlayStation included but not Switch.

Funny, came into this thread if people had good PS4/5 recommendations because I noticed the same things- only NS versions were part of the sale. Curious if Sony's great holiday season with PS5 sales means PS4/5 games are selling better now where they didn't feel the need to include them in the sale.

Works the other way too, for Crisis Core all except Switch are included in the sale.

same for Cuphead, Xbox and PlayStation included but not Switch.
Indeed, I've had Cuphead physical in my wishlist since it was first announced but the Switch version has always been excluded from these promos :bs:

bread's done
Back