Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Not sure what i am going to do another one - but ordered it with the 15% off I had on account. Too bad the 10% off tech wasn't there too. $395 with a $75 GC, not too shabby

The only thing holding me back from jumping on the Target Diablo IV deal (have the 10+20% offers) is the worry of how much MS will drop the price next year when they start clearance on these versions out for their new all-digital version.

I know seeing a similar deal next year for $349 + $75 GC (in addition to offers)  is going to kill me :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s an amazing deal if you have the 10% off circle too. Wish I needed an Xbox lol
Many people, myself included, have had success via chat asking about the circle deal (even if you don't have it). Earlier they were offering the full amount, some even getting in on the 20% coupon that also popped up for a few but it seems to be a flat $30 for all who ask now. Somehow I got $40 back instead after accepting the $30 lol. No idea what happened there, but I half expected them to come back again and offer $100 until I told them no lmao.

Target Xbox Series X Diablo Bundle with $75 gift card is up
My BF insomnia paid off this morning as I had to hard blink when it was up an entire day early, and reduced to a one day sale. This year has been bonkers wild with advertised deals just going live late or early and the terms altered. I don't think companies are even sticking to a plan and just winging it at this point.

The only thing holding me back from jumping on the Target Diablo IV deal (have the 10+20% offers) is the worry of how much MS will drop the price next year when they start clearance on these versions out for their new all-digital version.

I know seeing a similar deal next year for $349 + $75 GC (in addition to offers) is going to kill me :oops:
I don't think the majority of console gamers are ready to go all-digital. If MS does phase-out consoles with disc drives (personally would be disappointed but not surprised), the value and demand of these current xbox series x models may actually go up.

If MS does phase-out consoles with disc drives (personally would be disappointed but not surprised), the value and demand of these current xbox series x models may actually go up.
It was in their leaked documents that they're going to release an all-digital Series X to replace the current one, and then they are going to stop production and fire sale the current XSX.

The aftermarket value of the consoles may go up, but before that all retailers are probably going to deep discount to clear stock for the new hardware.

It was in their leaked documents that they're going to release an all-digital Series X to replace the current one, and then they are going to stop production and fire sale the current XSX.
That's scary. I don't want them to have a monopoly on game prices via their digital store.

I don't think the majority of console gamers are ready to go all-digital. If MS does phase-out consoles with disc drives (personally would be disappointed but not surprised), the value and demand of these current xbox series x models may actually go up.
Agreed. Second hand they might even surpass msrp within a year if it copies the 3ds. Which was weird given how Nintendo was doing fire sales to push all the final models our at 50$ when the tear or two prior they were like 159 or something.

I just wish the ps4 slim/ pro had gone on fire sale. But they went oos quickly due to the pandemic and then shutting down production so quickly.

They won’t. That was the point of the lawsuit. Ps5..6…7 will still be around.
How wouldn't they have a monopoly on their own store? I thought the lawsuit was to Keep series multiplat instead of exclusive or whatever?

Yes anything multiplat is likely to still be cheap or at least cheaper on other platforms. As well as possibly theirs depending. Though that's never a given. But I fail to see anything preventing them from keeping prices at whatever their whimsy decides. Similar to Nintendo and Sony blocking sales on their own platforms (3ds wiiu ps3 psvita).

Though given how gamepass devalued a lot of stuff I assume most people wouldn’t buy any given title regardless unless it's something that they must have like multi-player games all their friends are playing.

How wouldn't they have a monopoly on their own store? I thought the lawsuit was to Keep series multiplat instead of exclusive or whatever?

Yes anything multiplat is likely to still be cheap or at least cheaper on other platforms. As well as possibly theirs depending. Though that's never a given. But I fail to see anything preventing them from keeping prices at whatever their whimsy decides. Similar to Nintendo and Sony blocking sales on their own platforms (3ds wiiu ps3 psvita).

Though given how gamepass devalued a lot of stuff I assume most people wouldn’t buy any given title regardless unless it's something that they must have like multi-player games all their friends are playing.
having other systems with the same games is what keeps it from being a monopoly.

Everyone has a monopoly on their own stores. That's not what regulators care about.

B2G1 free on movies at Target started this morning.  If you can find a store that still carries many.  YMMV the occasional one has put out their BF shipper, and those are now discounted too.

Target-BF-movie-shipper-23.jpg

Amazon has priced matched the BOGO sale and has some offerings of their own.  some have coupons too.

Target chat price match refunded me for Super Mario Wonder and RPG that are $40 ea at Staples. Ymmv as both are listed oos on Staples' website.

Did they stop carrying Steam Wallet Cards?  It's been a long time since I have been inside... I believe the last time said cards were B1G1 X% off.  I don't see them on the website anymore.

Target chat price match refunded me for Super Mario Wonder and RPG that are $40 ea at Staples. Ymmv as both are listed oos on Staples' website.
I got the price match for Mario RPG after two chat sessions. The first guy told me they don't price match competitors' sales, which um, isn't that the point of price matching? He offered me $10 off instead but I said no and rolled the chat dice again. Second agent did it for me no problem and the game is already ready for pickup. $40 for a brand new Mario game is insane.

I got the price match for Mario RPG after two chat sessions. The first guy told me they don't price match competitors' sales, which um, isn't that the point of price matching? He offered me $10 off instead but I said no and rolled the chat dice again. Second agent did it for me no problem and the game is already ready for pickup. $40 for a brand new Mario game is insane.
I got the same answer when trying to PM Three Hopes on Switch to Amazon's sale price. But the agent did offer to refund the difference once the purchase was made (which they did).

target seems to shut down price matching when black friday rolls around

Anyone else's $40 price-matched Mario RPG at Target get canceled and refunded...after they already picked it up? I got mine last night, then received an email from Target this morning that the game was canceled at my request and a $42.59 refund has been issued. I checked the order and the actual cancelation reason given was "technical issue." So it looks like they may be trying to get rid of all of these unauthorized price matches. If they don't reinstate the order and charge me again, I legit just got a brand new Mario game for free. Thanks, Target! Over an hour of dealing with your horrific chat was totally worth it!

Did they stop carrying Steam Wallet Cards? It's been a long time since I have been inside... I believe the last time said cards were B1G1 X% off. I don't see them on the website anymore.
No, but it's extremely YMMV finding them. I've had local stores refuse to carry them and another having them all the time. Even then, sometimes it's OOS with no clear reason.

Apparently, Target's Black Friday prices are live in store today.  I picked up a copy of Call of Duty Vanguard for Xbox for $9.99 this morning. 

There were only two copies left, so I'm not thinking that they'll have loads of physical games available in stores this year.

Apparently, Target's Black Friday prices are live in store today. I picked up a copy of Call of Duty Vanguard for Xbox for $9.99 this morning.

There were only two copies left, so I'm not thinking that they'll have loads of physical games available in stores this year.
They’ve been live since Sunday. Target had their BF sale prices available all week.

Weird my final fantasy 16 deluxe pickup order was out of stock at the store I chose on Sunday, so they would only let me cancel or choose another store (but all were sold out). They would auto cancel if I didn't choose by Friday. So I checked every day to see if a store had it and that original store showed in stock again this morning. I set pick up there and actually was able to pick it up this morning.

This is the first time I've gone to Target during Thanksgiving week and there's literally nothing that I want to buy on discount.

The things I want are full price like Metroid Prime Remastered.  I used to buy a stack or two of games every single BF. 

Maybe I'll get street racing Need for Speed for $19.99.  But it's all stuff from yesteryear.  It goes to show you how fragmented and segmented new game development is these days; people are paying for premium digital AAA experiences and Zelda / Mario.

This is the first time I've gone to Target during Thanksgiving week and there's literally nothing that I want to buy on discount.

The things I want are full price like Metroid Prime Remastered. I used to buy a stack or two of games every single BF.

Maybe I'll get street racing Need for Speed for $19.99. But it's all stuff from yesteryear. It goes to show you how fragmented and segmented new game development is these days; people are paying for premium digital AAA experiences and Zelda / Mario.
The days of big sales by b&m retailers on a wide catalog of physical retail games is over. Aside from consumers shifting to digital, publishers are just not bothering with printing most of their games, anyways, which of course just advances the digital feed.

I'm physical media until the end. Looks pretty much certain that PS5 is the last real disc based console from Sony. At least there's Switch 2. That's probably my last console.

All of the games that I ordered online from the buy 2, get 1 free sale arrived without being swiped by porch pirates.

God bless us, everyone! :pray:
Although I don't really find that to be a common occurrence here, that's why I like the added security of Amazon Locker.

bread's done
Back