Target no longer carrying PSP!

von551

CAGiversary!
Hey, Target transitioned their electronics section this week to add more Wii products and the PSP is no longer going to be carried by Target. Is this a bad sign for our shiny black friend? I never use mine, but watch movies during flights on vacation. Is PSP on it's way out because of the DS?

Are you sure it's storewide? I was at a Target yesterday and while they weren't totally filled with PSP stuff, the section wasn't all being clearanced or anything like that.

I don't have a Target near me so I wouldn't be able to tell you. PSP and DS hmm really hard to decide between the two. Both handhelds are great, the DS is having problems with the hinge cracking, like mine did.

I really can't even decide between the two. -_-

My target just moved the PSP games to the same isle as the PS3 games. They took over the old PS2 case that had been mostly empty.

Ah no, they just decided that PSP software isn't a good enough seller (its not), and cut back on it quite a bit. In my store, they doubled amount of Wii software, and combined PS2 and PSP into one cabinet :(

Oh well, Target's PSP selection has been pitiful this year. They haven't stocked a very good selection.

[quote name='evilmrt']

Oh well, Target's PSP selection has been pitiful this year. They haven't stocked a very good selection.[/QUOTE]

The PSP software in general has been pitiful this year.

Considering the big name titles coming out for the PSP next year, i don't think stores are ready to lose out on sales just yet. Perhaps 2010 if Sony doesn't beef up the systems software offerings.

Honestly the biggest selling point for the PSP has been the USB cables and the Memory Sticks. Lol.

That's a huge reason why a lot of people get a PSP, is to homebrew them.

Mine has a bunch on their discount end caps and stuffed the rest in with the PS2 games. No biggie, Puzzle Quest was the only PSP game I ever bought at Target.

Unfortunately, in most stores, retail space devoted to the PSP is shrinking and shrinking. Partly I guess because games don't sell well, but also because not many more games are coming out. Gamestop.com lists only 9 upcoming PSP games, period (I'm sure there will be more, but only 9 have dates)

[quote name='SynGamer']Considering the big name titles coming out for the PSP next year, i don't think stores are ready to lose out on sales just yet. Perhaps 2010 if Sony doesn't beef up the systems software offerings.[/QUOTE]

What big games are coming out in 2009? The only one I can think of is that Resistance game...

On a related note wasn't Target one of the first stores to start phasing out UMDs?

They are still carrying them as others have said, just moving things around to better emphasize the Wii since it prints money using soccer moms as fuel.

[quote name='mailman27']They are still carrying them as others have said, just moving things around to better emphasize the Wii since it prints money using soccer moms as fuel.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall that robots use old people's medicine for fuel...

Well all PSP titles will come out as downloads also. I think sony wants to go 100% digital which will cut into store sells. So I could see stores cutting back on the amount of psp games they buy simply because fewer people will be buying them.

Could this potentially mean that PSP prices are going to go down? I mean, if a store is down sizing the space for a product, to me that means that they are planning on removing the product completely. Am I making a bold assumption, or do you guys think that there's enough to merit even a gut feeling?

I think he wants it locked because he thinks the thought of the PSP going away is a insult to him. So every post is dagger in his heart. We are literally killing him slowly with every post we post and every word we type. I for one agree with him and think this thread should be locked.

I haven't seen the PSP sections of any of my local stores shrink. The one at Best Buy grew a ton after the first year or so (as the library grew), but other than that. My Target still has them next to the 360 games, and it's got the same space for the PSP, PS3, PS2, 360, DS, and Wii games, roughly.

bread's done
Back