Target: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition Xbox 360 for $19.99 YMMV?

UberSwiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
While working yesterday I noticed REV: Gold Edition was scanning at $19.99. I manually typed in the numbers for the game and it came up in the system as the Gold edition. As I haven't seen Target prices not to be universal (other than clearance), this should be good everywhere.

As an added bonus Call of Duty MW is also scanning at $19.99. The double bonus is the REV: Gold Edition scanned at $20, but it will work with the $39.99 and up promo for a $20 gift card.

Sorry if this is a repost.

EDIT:

Deal appears to be working in the Northern California area, but even still is highly YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eddie291']I take it you didn't take a look at the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the PS3 version was still ringing up at $49.99 or $39.99

I own the original version is there really a need for me to get the gold version. Is there that much new stuff? Im not a resident evil fan boy i just like the games

[quote name='L0sther0']I own the original version is there really a need for me to get the gold version. Is there that much new stuff? Im not a resident evil fan boy i just like the games[/QUOTE]

just comes with a voucher for the re5 dlc

[quote name='xt3rmin8']just comes with a voucher for the re5 dlc[/QUOTE]

OH thanks i think im good then :bouncy:

I'll check this out today and find out...if it does work with the $20 gift card...then I'm going to buy $50 in space bucks as well and use the GC for Blazblue tomorrow.

[quote name='L0sther0']I own the original version is there really a need for me to get the gold version. Is there that much new stuff? Im not a resident evil fan boy i just like the games[/QUOTE]
Yeah,just comes with all the DLC pretty much!

As an added bonus Call of Duty MW is also scanning at $19.99.
Just wanted to verify you are talking about MW1, right? Regular or GOTY version?

[quote name='eastshore4']Just wanted to verify you are talking about MW1, right? Regular or GOTY version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the first one. As far as GOTY version or not, I don't think it makes a difference in the Target system. I'm sorry I don't have a solid answer for you.

Hmm...hate that this doesn't include a second disk.

Was the xbox one finally patched to fox possible save corruption?

If I head over there tonight, I know I won't get it...I NEVER get Target deals :whistle2:(

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yes, the first one. As far as GOTY version or not, I don't think it makes a difference in the Target system. I'm sorry I don't have a solid answer for you.[/QUOTE]

Damn lol was hoping it was MW2. Oh well. Will let you know how the RE5 deal turns out if I can find it.

Edit: So I may be able to buy 2 copies of RE5 Gold for a total of $40 + tax, and get a $20 GC as well correct? Also, do you know if the GCs can be used immediately or is there an activation period?

If someone can confirm this price that'd be awesome. I'm still trying to figure out why you'd get the $20 gift card if you bought 2 copies though? I thought the games had to be 39.99 and up for that deal

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']If someone can confirm this price that'd be awesome. I'm still trying to figure out why you'd get the $20 gift card if you bought 2 copies though? I thought the games had to be 39.99 and up for that deal[/QUOTE]

promo is for original msrp 39.99 price I think. 19.99 price is not original and thus YMMV price

any other games that are cheaper that fit the 20 GC promo?

[quote name='wutangonyamind']so when you buy re5: gold for $19.99 you get a $20 gift card? correct?[/QUOTE]

You have to buy a copy of Imagine Babyz along w/ a box of tampons to get the GC.

[quote name='wutangonyamind']so when you buy re5: gold for $19.99 you get a $20 gift card? correct?[/QUOTE]

You would need 2 copies. The deal is for buying 2 Games 39.99 or more (MSRP), get a $20 GC (as I understand it)

No, completely incorrect.

You purchase two $39.99 games and get a $20 gift card. RE:Gold is apparently counting towards the deal and is ringing up 19.99.

Any one know what the price of the DLC totals up too? Depending, I may trade in my original copy (if it's worth anything) and get the gold edition (although I think it's a download code that comes with it anyways?)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This is the longest I've seen a thread go without someone confirming / debunking it.[/QUOTE]

Lol agreed

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This is the longest I've seen a thread go without someone confirming / debunking it.[/QUOTE]
Well, there is a YMMV disclaimer in the title, which might make things neither here nor there.

I tried it at the South Venice, Florida store and it rang up $49.99 but I picked up a copy of IL-2 Birds of Prey for $3.76 so it worked out. :applause:

[quote name='Rodster']I tried it at the South Venice, Florida store and it rang up $49.99 but I picked up a copy of IL-2 Birds of Prey for $3.76 so it worked out. :applause:[/QUOTE]
For the Xbox 360?

I'll check things out, since I have a Target right across my home. But I ain't gonna buy nuthin'!

[quote name='sadboy']For the Xbox 360?

I'll check things out, since I have a Target right across my home. But I ain't gonna buy nuthin'![/QUOTE]

Yup for the 360. I got the last one in case you live in the area.

bread's done
Back