Tax code too complicated for IRS - costs tax payers $11 Billion.

[quote name='Clak']Stop picking on him Doh. He's a libertarian dammit, it doesn't matter if he's never heard of some of the more prominent libertarians of the past. That's history, libertarians don't need history. Heaven forbid they learn anything.

The religious right and libertarians seem to have a lot in common, neither seem to know much about the ideals they claim to follow.[/QUOTE]

7rQdw.gif

[quote name='dohdough']Not wanting to engage in warfare isn't unique to libertarianism and the zealotry to actively engage in warfare isn't unique to this administration either. Hiring mercenaries, economic or otherwise, to continue imperialistic campaigns isn't any less violent or non-interventionist. There's more than one way to coerce someone than having a gun to their head.
[/QUOTE]
Oh yes, god forbid we retaliate if someone attacks us.
What unfriendly business environment? Business literally boomed and then busted because there was no forethought into long term consequences of making risky financial transactions. Countries don't go broke the way individuals do and their economies don't crash because social programs were "too generous."

Currency manipulation, you say? You mean something that every country that has their own currency does?
Oh the unfriendly business conditions I posted about before. Remember how I mentioned increased payroll taxes and unions who demanded wage increases? Last time I checked that is business unfriendly.

WTF are you even talking about? Lending at low to no interest led to inflation and bubbles? So lending at high interest rates would've been ok? Interest rates have almost nothing to do with it compared to that actual lending. Doing it in a wanton manner is exactly what caused it. Do the banks have no responsibility in this?
The problem is that lending is done at low rates which at the time were artificial. This happened to us and led to the housing bubble of 08'.
People with enough capital to benefit from capital gains won't stop investing because taxes are higher. You already stated that there was an economic bubble in your very post and now you're walking it back? WTF
I am sorry if you find it confusing.
What the mother fuck? Are you having a hard time staying on your own subject?
I am thinking that you might have cracked. I keep giving you examples and explanations but you just keep rambling and dropping F-bombs which usually means the person has no clue what he is babbling about.
If Obama is not responsible for the mess he walked into, then why the fuck is Hollande responsible for most of the bullshit he walked into as if Sarkozy screwed the freakin pooch? Is it really that hard to follow your own arguments?
Oh my, looks like you completely missed the point again. Just because Hollande is not responsible for what was left to him does not mean he is innocent in the current crisis as he only making things worse. This is why his approval rate is so low, this is why Obama's rate is so low.
For someone that professes to know so much about libertarianism, I'd think that you'd be familiar with one of Friedman's greatest failures. But no, I was the one that had to enlighten you on this little snippet of history. Once again, you've proved how you don't know shit about libertarianism.
Well you didn't actually enlighten anything, like at all throughout this thread. I am gonna give you a little hint about Friedman's background... He is from Chicago school of Economics, not Austrian. Austrian of Economics is backed up Libertarians.

What is it with your kitchen bullshit? This isn't the first or second time you've used that cliche. Do you get off on being passive aggressive or something?
I get off on making you cry.

[quote name='dohdough']LOLZ...Adam Smith...Milton Friedman...who the fuck are they to libertarians, right?:rofl:

Don't get bent out of shape because you don't know squat about the heroes of your ideology. If you want to call it a trick, then go ahead. I was testing your knowledge. A person more versed in libertarianism would've been able to argue their way out of that Smith quote, but that ain't you.

I'm not being evasive about anything. Why don't you call the WHAAAAmbulance if it distresses you so much. It wouldn't even be an issue if you weren't constantly talking about how you're a FIREMAN! and giving us realtalk about how it is in da Hood.

Facts, by themselves, aren't necessarily, racist, but interpretations certainly can be. Keep getting yourself twisted up about it though. Nice of you to start parroting terms that you don't understand too![/QUOTE]

Wait, you think you got me because I didn't identify a pretty generic quote from Adam Smith? You can identify every quote from the Democratic Party? Even the racist ones pre 1960? ;) I'm a Libertarian because their party's platform matches up with my beliefs more than any others I've found.
http://www.lp.org/issues/poverty-and-welfare

"
Highlights of the Libertarian Party's "Ending the Welfare State" Proposal

From across the political and ideological spectrum, there is now almost universal acknowledgement that the American social welfare system has been a failure.
Since the start of the "war on poverty" in 1965, the United States has spent more than $5 trillion trying to ease the plight of the poor. What we have received for this massive investment is -- primarily -- more poverty.
Our welfare system is unfair to everyone: to taxpayers who must pick up the bill for failed programs; to society, whose mediating institutions of community, church and family are increasingly pushed aside; and most of all to the poor themselves, who are trapped in a system that destroys opportunity for themselves and hope for their children.
The Libertarian Party believes it is time for a new approach to fighting poverty. It is a program based on opportunity, work, and individual responsibility."

I don't view any politicians as heroes. I actually find them to be the biggest hypocrites most of the time.

As far as me posting about being a fireman, it frames my experience and explains why I have detailed info about citizens lives. Why else would I see the inside of people's homes?

I'm totally not bent out of shape, bro. You are too funny! I would love to meet you in person.

PS: I'm still waiting for that shocking secret you are gonna unveil about me. Does it have anything to do with me becoming a basketball playing werewolf?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Oh yes, god forbid we retaliate if someone attacks us.[/quote]
And obviously, those attacks just happen because people are crazy, right?

Oh the unfriendly business conditions I posted about before. Remember how I mentioned increased payroll taxes and unions who demanded wage increases? Last time I checked that is business unfriendly.
Boo Hoo? And what happens to that money from higher wages? It goes right back into the economy and doesn't stagnate in someone's bank account.

The problem is that lending is done at low rates which at the time were artificial. This happened to us and led to the housing bubble of 08'.
Let's blame the interest rates and not the institutions that abused the deregulation that sunk the economy! Yeah! That's the ticket!

I am sorry if you find it confusing.
Dude, you're refuting your own arguments from paragraph to paragraph.

I am thinking that you might have cracked. I keep giving you examples and explanations but you just keep rambling and dropping F-bombs which usually means the person has no clue what he is babbling about.
Actually, I'm just dumbfounded by the extremity of how twisted your reasoning is.

Oh my, looks like you completely missed the point again. Just because Hollande is not responsible for what was left to him does not mean he is innocent in the current crisis as he only making things worse. This is why his approval rate is so low, this is why Obama's rate is so low.
Hmmm...someone fucks up 80% of the situation and another person fucks up 15%. You're telling me it's reasonable to blame the person responsible for 15% as if they were responsible for more than 50% of it.

Well you didn't actually enlighten anything, like at all throughout this thread. I am gonna give you a little hint about Friedman's background... He is from Chicago school of Economics, not Austrian. Austrian of Economics is backed up Libertarians.
LOLZ...No True Scotsman, eh? Oh how I'd love to know what you have to say about neo-liberalism and classic liberalism without the aid of google.

I get off on making you cry.
I think I sense a bit of projection here.

[quote name='egofed']Wait, you think you got me because I didn't identify a pretty generic quote from Adam Smith?[/quote]
Generic? LOLZ. It's no more obscure than your Franklin quote. You'd know that if you took yourself out of your ideological bubble.

You can identify every quote from the Democratic Party? Even the racist ones pre 1960? ;)
Hmmm...a quote from influential and well-known politiciasn from the founding of our country is somehow equivalent to some Dixiecrat as if Southern Republicans weren't as racist.

I'm a Libertarian because their party's platform matches up with my beliefs more than any others I've found.
http://www.lp.org/issues/poverty-and-welfare

"
Highlights of the Libertarian Party's "Ending the Welfare State" Proposal
From across the political and ideological spectrum, there is now almost universal acknowledgement that the American social welfare system has been a failure.
Since the start of the "war on poverty" in 1965, the United States has spent more than $5 trillion trying to ease the plight of the poor. What we have received for this massive investment is -- primarily -- more poverty.
Our welfare system is unfair to everyone: to taxpayers who must pick up the bill for failed programs; to society, whose mediating institutions of community, church and family are increasingly pushed aside; and most of all to the poor themselves, who are trapped in a system that destroys opportunity for themselves and hope for their children.
The Libertarian Party believes it is time for a new approach to fighting poverty. It is a program based on opportunity, work, and individual responsibility."
I can think of a pretty influential figure that you admire that would have absolutely nothing to do with libertarians.

I don't view any politicians as heroes. I actually find them to be the biggest hypocrites most of the time.
Especially that guy Ben Franklin, right! Btw, you might want to check your reading comprehension for my post.

As far as me posting about being a fireman, it frames my experience and explains why I have detailed info about citizens lives. Why else would I see the inside of people's homes?
And your experience is all you need to understand the world because you trust your guts cause they're always right, right?

I'm totally not bent out of shape, bro. You are too funny! I would love to meet you in person.
Bent out of shape? I'm talking about your epistemic closure. I would never want to meet you. Honestly, I find you a bit repugnant.

PS: I'm still waiting for that shocking secret you are gonna unveil about me. Does it have anything to do with me becoming a basketball playing werewolf?
I like dropping subtle hints. Apparently you didn't pick up on it, so I guess that's that.

It was fun playing libertarian bingo though...
types_of_libertarian1.png

When you guys want to get back to the original arguments, lemme know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohdough']And obviously, those attacks just happen because people are crazy, right?
[/QUOTE]
Well we do have crazy people in the government.
Boo Hoo? And what happens to that money from higher wages? It goes right back into the economy and doesn't stagnate in someone's bank account.
If that money is still available. In most cases it does not which is why you see much outsourcing. How do you not get that through your head?

Let's blame the interest rates and not the institutions that abused the deregulation that sunk the economy! Yeah! That's the ticket!
You should blame the central government for manipulating the economy. In most cases you will see short term gains but in the long run it will come back to bite you.
Dude, you're refuting your own arguments from paragraph to paragraph.
No idea what your talking about. I keep throwing logic and common sense at you but you just babble about something unrelated.
Actually, I'm just dumbfounded by the extremity of how twisted your reasoning is.
Oh yes, actual history oh how thou twisted and wrong it is.
Hmmm...someone fucks up 80% of the situation and another person fucks up 15%. You're telling me it's reasonable to blame the person responsible for 15% as if they were responsible for more than 50% of it.
First, it was not just one person, it goes from administration to administration. Each newcomer is making things worse. France was not doing that hot prior to Sarkozy if you have not noticed. Second, current successor is attempting to improve the economy completely the wrong way. Just shows how much he understands about the economic growth.
LOLZ...No True Scotsman, eh? Oh how I'd love to know what you have to say about neo-liberalism and classic liberalism without the aid of google.
Oh I would love if you stopped diverting attention away from the fact that you do not know anything. Go sit in the corner and pick up a book.
I think I sense a bit of projection here.
Not the first thing you would be wrong about :D

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']
9bd.gif
[/QUOTE]
277928d1364383941-you-just-cant-fix-stupid-cool-starry-bra-3480-1282670970-15.jpg

But please, tell me more about how Sweden out-libertarianed the US, while even in it's most deregulated state, still had stronger regulations than the US because I get off on other people getting off on making me cry. But, no. I'M the moron that can't keep his facts straight, right?:rofl:

edit: And weren't you the one that said that shareholders don't suffer if a CEO fucks up? EL.OH.EL.

[quote name='dohdough']
277928d1364383941-you-just-cant-fix-stupid-cool-starry-bra-3480-1282670970-15.jpg

But please, tell me more about how Sweden out-libertarianed the US, while even in it's most deregulated state, still had stronger regulations than the US because I get off on other people getting off on making me cry. But, no. I'M the moron that can't keep his facts straight, right?:rofl:

edit: And weren't you the one that said that shareholders don't suffer if a CEO fucks up? EL.OH.EL.[/QUOTE]

Mrsilkunderwear -1
Dohdough -0
gg.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Mrsilkunderwear -1
Dohdough -0
gg.[/QUOTE]

Hehehehehehe...please show mercy, silk. He's too hilarious with his goofy pics, side stepping tactics, and toothless threats. His whole attitude is like a bad Kids in the Hall sketch of an elitist liberal. Bravo! Bravo!

bread's done
Back