Team Fortress 2 Clan! Practice Schedule inside! Accepting Donations for a Server!

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey guys. Just an update here, my internet is still down as of this morning, I will check it in the morning and see but I really have no clue at this point when it will be up.

Thanks for sticking with me through this, I hope captain is leading everything fine.[/quote]

just a quick inquiry darth, how are you posting if your internet is down?

Hay fellas. I'm working on making a CAG spray, provided WSB gives me the ok to use his art. Heres a rough version of it:
CAGSpray.jpg

[quote name='crystalklear64']Hay fellas. I'm working on making a CAG spray, provided WSB gives me the ok to use his art. Heres a rough version of it:
CAGSpray.jpg
[/quote]

haha, that's pretty sweet. How do you implement a spray on TF2 though?

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']just a quick inquiry darth, how are you posting if your internet is down?[/quote]

Sometimes I am on my dad's BB and like right now I am on my Grandma's computer.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']haha, that's pretty sweet. How do you implement a spray on TF2 though?[/QUOTE]
Fairly simple. Create your image/steal your image. Make it fit inside a 256x256 .tga file, import it using either a .vtf converter or import it into steam game and copy the folder over to your tf2 folder.

If I can give ya'll the files it will already be .vtf so you just stick it in the right folder and it'll work.

New Version cleaned up a bit:
ScoutSezWord.png

had a couple great rounds tonight, thanks to evrybody who came out and made it a succesful practice! ha we almost had a full team goin at one point

YAY! My internet is back on now. I don't know if I will be able to play tonight or not because I have school work to do before the weekend. If am I on though I will let ya know.

Is there any interest in continuing this? Daily only people I have seen are, crystal, captain, hero and squirrell, other then that I feel like this is dying out sadly; I was really looking foward to this.

I am trying to get back to this, I just had a school clot that broke and suddenly I am really busy. I will be on tonight though. Sorry about everything folks.

:wave:I play almost every night. I added as many CAGs to my friends list as possible and join a friends server when there is room.

[CAG-s] Easy Target

[quote name='seen']Is there any interest in continuing this? Daily only people I have seen are, crystal, captain, hero and squirrell, other then that I feel like this is dying out sadly; I was really looking foward to this.[/quote]

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']:wave:I play almost every night. I added as many CAGs to my friends list as possible and join a friends server when there is room.

[CAG-s] Easy Target[/QUOTE]
Aye, you, Boomrocker, and SOSTrooper are the ones I usually see and thus play with. Its probably just because of what times we play at.

whats up crystalklear i need to add you to my friends so i can see when you are on. i play late too, some times really late.

Well, I can play till about 11pm PST, then I usually head to bed, but when no one else is playing I don't either, so if you play that late or later, awesome.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Aye, you, Boomrocker, and SOSTrooper are the ones I usually see and thus play with. Its probably just because of what times we play at.[/quote]

When a group of CAG's get together and play on the same team, we usually dominate or are in the top 5 for any team. I hate when we can't play on the same side though. :bomb:

Yar I usually see the same CAGS which is kinda nice. When I am on it is usually from 7:30pm to about 9:30pm CST.

Soldier is by far my most successful class...but I want to see what the spy is really capable of. He intrigues me. My least played class is probably the sniper. I like it up close and personal :p

[quote name='BoomRocker']Yar I usually see the same CAGS which is kinda nice. When I am on it is usually from 7:30pm to about 9:30pm CST.

Soldier is by far my most successful class...but I want to see what the spy is really capable of. He intrigues me. My least played class is probably the sniper. I like it up close and personal :p[/quote]

same here, ive invested about 15 hours into the soldier and that is consistently my best-scoring class. the spy is interestingly challenging, and there seems to be a lot of untapped potential in that class, lots of strategy and difficult to master

having the same 4-5 other cags online every night is rather nice for consistency and building group teamwork, kudos to those guys

Ouch, we got rocked last night on a few maps. The server was kind of weird though b/c it would only let us play to one point. The other team loaded up on scouts and overtook us too quickly. Also, we didn't have enough support characters like engineers and spies. :/

Were you there when the one guy was spawn killing us on 2Fort and kept talking shit about us being in a clan? It was like a clan killed his mom.

But the server after that was great. Lots of good matches. I hope there are more "hydro" style maps made in the future. I like how it's the same map but with different paths and areas as you move up to the teams base. But Dustbowl and Gravel Pit are still the best maps.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Were you there when the one guy was spawn killing us on 2Fort and kept talking shit about us being in a clan? It was like a clan killed his mom.[/quote]

LOL, I don't remember that situation. What was his name? I've never tried spy (or engineer for that matter before), but I would love to target that guy for a few rounds and stab him in the back hehe. It would be a good way to learn how to use the spy mwuahahahaha!

Sometimes you're on the team that dominates, sometimes you're on a team full of noobs. What can you do? LOL.

I don't remember his name. It could have been before you joined us.

I like to play Spy on dustbowl when defending the last capture point. You can get behind a group of charging blue's and go crazy with back stabs before cloaking yourself and getting away. Rinse, repeat.

I mostly play Demoman, great mix of defense, offense, stopping power and the ability to carpet bomb an area full of the other team.

I've started playing the Soldier more after seeing some people totally own with that class.

I used to play medic a lot but it's so annoying to play medic with dumb teammates. Although boomrocker and I went on a rampage last night with a heavy/medic combo.

And I go back to the Engineer every once in a while and try to get the 10 SG kills achievement.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Were you there when the one guy was spawn killing us on 2Fort and kept talking shit about us being in a clan? It was like a clan killed his mom.
[/QUOTE]
Hahaha. I don't know why, but they had a real problem with me in particular. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary...

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I don't remember his name. It could have been before you joined us.
[/QUOTE]
It was JKKSoviet or something like that.

I played tons of great custom maps last night. A TF2 version of Rats stood out as the most awesome. The scout is great for using his double jump before you hit the ground after a huge drop from the fridge.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I used to play medic a lot but it's so annoying to play medic with dumb teammates. [/quote]

Haha, I agree. I mostly play medic and sometimes pyro/soldier/heavy (rarely). I'm getting bored of being a medic though b/c a lot of times, I'm the only medic on the team and I run around like a crazy mofo while everybody screams "medic". I've been cursed a few times for not healing some people (no sweat off my back). I don't really care if my score is great as long as my team wins. Therefore, I think I'll try out spy or engineer this week b/c I've never used them before. I'm gonna be a noob this week :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Haha, I agree. I mostly play medic and sometimes pyro/soldier/heavy (rarely). I'm getting bored of being a medic though b/c a lot of times, I'm the only medic on the team and I run around like a crazy mofo while everybody screams "medic". I've been cursed a few times for not healing some people (no sweat off my back). I don't really care if my score is great as long as my team wins. Therefore, I think I'll try out spy or engineer this week b/c I've never used them before. I'm gonna be a noob this week :lol:[/quote]

no way man, you've kept me alive thru many an intense firefight, and often our unstoppable duo is the sole reason our team wins

woot for good medics!

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']no way man, you've kept me alive thru many an intense firefight, and often our unstoppable duo is the sole reason our team wins

woot for good medics![/quote]

Same here. When I have good teammates I don't mind being Medic. And there are lots of times when a good medic is always there to save you from a sad fiery death.

There needs to be some kind of Bud Light "Real American Heroes" style commercial for good Medics in TF2.

The trick with the spy is to learn that it's not just a suicide mission. After stabbing someone in the back you can go to stealth mode and put on a new disguise. Or rush strait ahead to your base for a breather. Also, avoid Pyros and bumping into anyone while cloaked. There are pages and pages of smart and creative Spy techniques but you'll get the hang of it after a few rounds.

I defintely need more practice with the spy & sniper. I rarely use them. I'm medic and engineer with the team needs me to be. But mostly, I hate the fact that I have no mic. I finally get my uber set up and the my damn team mates are not rushing. I waste my user and some guy that seems like they're pissing on the wall and camping around a lot. Seems kinda of fustrating. I'm definitely becoming a good medic.

Lots of snipers piss me off, they play way too defensively and get into sniper wars with other snipers. Screw that. Snipers are very strong in any area with even a little distance if you have good aim. I love me some sniper.

Being a spy is fairly easy as well. Just be sure that you're moving the right direction if you're disguised as a combat class and most of the time people will leave you alone. Its also super fun to play on a friendly fire server, where pyros hold back for fear of killing their teammates.

And of course, if you want to get the high score for your team, be a medic. All you have to do is not die and hold the left click. Its very easy to be a medic, you keep an eye out for spies, keep looking around, because you'll still keep the healing link even if you're not facing your target and you're not really doing anything else. The needle gun is fairly strong at closer ranges, you just need to keep your reticule a little up and to the left of your target.

Coincidentally... or not, Spy, Sniper, and Medic are my 3 favs, and if we start assigning roles in the future, I want one of those :)

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']no way man, you've kept me alive thru many an intense firefight, and often our unstoppable duo is the sole reason our team wins

woot for good medics![/quote]
HAHA, last night I was healing you and I didn't know you got disconnected (or at least it looked like you did). I stood there healing you while 2 soldiers pounded you down. Funny thing is they were such lousy shots that we actually stayed alive for awhile! :rofl: I tried being a spy last night and the only kills I got were from my revolver. I think I'll stick with medic/pyro combo :lol:

edit: I forgot to mention that you're definitely one of the best soldiers I play with as a medic. It's amazing how many assist kills I rack up when we're paired. There were only one or two other guys that were as accurate as you are, but they aren't part of CAG and (unfortunately) are not on my friends list.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']And there are lots of times when a good medic is always there to save you from a sad fiery death.[/quote]
The technique I use when I see a pyro burn up a group of teammates is I heal everybody a little bit to stop the burning process, and then I start to heal whoever has the lowest amount of health.

------------------------------------------

A few more tips for future medics:

Stay out of the line of fire or hide behind whoever you're healing.

Watch your back for spies and always let your teammates know if somebody is suspicious or a confirmed spy. For example (I see this scenario a lot), we're in a group firefight and one person is running around with the group doing nothing. They're either a spy or a noob who doesn't know what they're doing.

Constantly heal your teammates whether they need it or not to build up your uber charge.

If several teammates are on fire, heal each of them for a little while to stop the burning, and then proceed to heal all of them (hopefully they take out the pyro before he takes you out hehe).

Heal other medics if they are low on health. Sometimes they are neglected or forgotten about because you're busy healing the other player types.

If you are ubered with another player, try your best to stay with them because a Soldier or turret can knock the other player away from you, thus rendering him vulnerable. If you're up against a turret and you're ubered, I like to run in front of the player to take the brunt of the missiles/bullets and he can concentrate with accuracy while taking it down.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tips for other players paired with a medic:

Try and keep him out of the line of fire (tough to do sometimes). If you see he's been taken out by a spy, be sure to watch your back b/c you're next.

If you know he has an uber charge, let him know when you're gonna run into a firefight (or against a turret) to turn it on.

Just b/c you're a Heavy does not mean you deserve a medic. I see heavy's calling out medics all the time, but they think they're invincible and run into the open. We both die quickly in that situation. :lol: Also, don't call for a medic unless you need one. I see people calling medic left and right for no apparent reason (unless they're screwing around of course).

indeed, i was disconnected last night in the midst of another great tf2 battle :(

Sadly it looks like my network will now turn itself off every night at 11pm

last night was awesome, lots of good firefights, and it seems like groups of cags are doing great no matter what server we play on, woot!

I FINALLY got to play TF2 for the very first time today, and I loved it! I didn't get a chance to play the beta at all so I am truly just beginning. I am still feeling out the classes right now and having fun doing so. I consider myself to be pretty good at shooters so I'm thinking I will be able to pick this up and not suck pretty soon. I would like to play with you guys sometime, maybe get some tips on more advanced techniques, ect. I really don't have time to play games on the weekends too much (I like to go out and do other stuff on the weekends) but I am pretty free to play games during the week. I have a microphone that is pretty nice, I don't want to sound like a 12 year-old kid from halfway across the world when I play.

Anyways hopefully I can play w/ some of you, I usually find that playing with people that I "know" is more beneficial than playing with complete strangers. I am going to try to make this my primary MP game this year, unless games like GoW, CoD4, UT III, or Crysis really wow me. Hope to see some of you online soon.

I liked that custom map we played (stronghold?) it was a little too hard to get the flag because it was right outside of the spawn and once you got down there you only had one way out.

There are a bunch of great Soldiers on CAG. I know this from the times I've been on the other team.

I remember getting murder by pyros when we had like 4-5 medic on the our team. I want yelling medic even tho I was one also.

[quote name='hero101']I remember getting murder by pyros when we had like 4-5 medic on the our team. I want yelling medic even tho I was one also.[/quote]

HAHA, we had way too many medics on that level. After I noticed we had five medics, I switched to pyro to even the team out a bit. Our problem on that level was our team didn't push forward and overwhelm the defense.

Hmmm... I'm tempted to try a scout/pyro/medic team rush one of these days. I've seen a few games where we would be overwhelmed by a fast team rush for a quick win.

Yeah what was with all medics?!?

A good rule of thumb is one medic per heavy. Then perhaps 1 more for incidental healing.

Anyone play any other good customs maps. I really liked stronghold as well. Rocket Jump for the win! I have been hitting the soldier hard and have great luck with him.

Has anyone else figured out the magic of crits? It seems totally random, but usually they occur for me during a barrage blast of four consecutive rocket launches from a soldier that has been up for a little bit of time. Is there a formula or something?

Someone said that the better you're doing (more kills without dying) the higher chance there is of it happening. Could be BS though.

Great practice btw. I was the only one playing :p

[quote name='BoomRocker']Yeah what was with all medics?!?

A good rule of thumb is one medic per heavy. Then perhaps 1 more for incidental healing.

Anyone play any other good customs maps. I really liked stronghold as well. Rocket Jump for the win! I have been hitting the soldier hard and have great luck with him.

Has anyone else figured out the magic of crits? It seems totally random, but usually they occur for me during a barrage blast of four consecutive rocket launches from a soldier that has been up for a little bit of time. Is there a formula or something?[/quote]

im a sucker for the developer commentaries and during one of the tf2 ones they mentioned the critical hits system. they said that to some degree it is pretty random, but when players (namely soldiers) get on a spree of 4+ consecutive kills, the chances for getting criticals/instant kills increase considerably (no word on any exact formula for it)

basically, the better you're doing, the better your chances of continuing to do well

played a bit of medic today, and no one protects their medic. so to add to easy's medic tips:

-watch out for your medic, he watches out for you
-when playing as a medic, don't hesitate to heal your fellow doctor (when on fire my teams medic refused to heal, screaming your a medic! heal yourself!) and so, i burned to death
-when playing as a heavy, and you have a medic attached, dont be a panzie, this just wastes the point of having a medic
-play more offensively when you have a medic attached, just don't be suicidal
-don't rocket-jump away from your medic, you will die sooner, and you strand your lonely medic in the heat of a firefight with naught but a needle gun and a heart full of bravado.

I took a break from TF2 on Saturday and played Portal. I was so engrossed with the game I passed it in one sitting! I had a little bit of trouble at one part (which was silly b/c it was probably one of the easier moments in the game :lol: )but other than that, I gotta say it's one of my favorite games in recent months (pc or console).

Are you going to try placing a portal exit at the top of Capture Point C on Gravel Pit?

I just purchased a headset so now I'll be able to scream at my medics for not healing me, and let everyone know when they need to play better. :lol:

bread's done
Back